Building Steam

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
If one looked at Sapphire when she was playing quidditch and when she was not playing quidditch they would say she was two different people. How else could someone that went out of her way not to be noticed much because of her lack of a voice be such a good keeper? Well she couldn't really say that. Yes she could defend well but still for Sapphire to say so was far from the question. She would never say she was better than anyone else, at anything. Not that she could really tell anyone anything for that matter. Sapphire was up in the air on the broom that William bought for her and started to glide. Not play just glide there. There was nothing to defend again and as much as she would love to play everyday her team mates thought that they practiced often enough.

Sapphire would have loved to be playing other house's team but again this would have to wait. She let the song "Building Steam" go through her head as she thought of what it would be like if she had built her own broom. She had seen a girl waring the oddest thing the other day and when she asked her what she was waring in her own unique way the answer was 'Steampunk'. When Sapphire looked more into it, she saw that it was so much more than clothes. It was steel and steam and so much closer to the Wizarding world than most of the muggle world seemed to be. Here she lost herself somewhat. She needed to. If she didn't keep her mind busy she could almost hear Veronica scream as Dympna made her into her newset subject.

Daichi had wandered to quidditch pitch once again. It had been a habit, everyday, after school hours, he would go directly there, dreaming that one day, he'll be able to play. Sitting down on the ground, he imagined himself as being a chaser, that's his dream position. He doesn't really want to be a seeker who looks for the snitch on the entire game, rather, he wants to be the one in action, trying to score as much point as he can. He wants to be the one who'll be able to feel the real thrill of playing the game.

Staring off to the hoops situated in the field, he noticed someone flying there. Probably practicing, he cannot really tell. His blind eye was worse than before, it kind of hurts, he wasn't sure why. It was the first time that it did for ages. Placing his palm on his blind eye as if shielding it from the sun or trying to ease the pain, he noticed that again, the said player on the field was a girl. However, this one's not from his house so he did not really recognized the face. Nevertheless, Daichi still thought that the way the girl flew her broom looks really natural, it looks too easy even though he knows that it isn't. Flying requires balance and it is hard to maintain.

Being amused by the scene before him, Daichi cannot help but to comment. He had been like that these days, voicing out his opinions whenever he cannot help it. " Great, amazing control..." Daichi said, clapping his hands as he did so.

Sapphire turned her head to see a boy she had never seen clapping for her. She supposed if she was to become known in the school as the Hufflepuff Keeper she had to get used to that still it was a little off putting to see only one person clap. Sapphire glided down so she could see the boy properly. Her bright blue eyes saw that one of his eyes was pail. Flying did require balance but when you weren't thinking of it flying became the most natural thing in the world.To Sapphire at least. She could see thought that the boy had one blind eye. "Thank you" She signed and smiled. She didn't know if the boy could understand her but still she tried. She didn't have her notebook with her and she had been told that her eyes where expressive.

"Do you fly?" Sapphire asked as she sought to touch ground. Flying and talking to someone distracted from the horrors that where the Bella-Donna mansion. Sapphire would have given anything to get rid of her memories from there. She knew they would stay with her forever though haunting her along after she had been made to leave the house. Sapphire watched the boy with kind eyes as she landed as gracefully as she had been flying.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Daichi's smile widen when the girl descended near him, at least she can now see her properly. she seemed to be from hufflepuff and well, she seemed a bit younger than him. Smiling once again so as not appear awkward, he praised the girl's skills once again. "You're great really..." He said, nodding as if to show that he was agreeing to his own statement.

Looking at the girl, Daichi felt that there was something off about her, he realized what it was when she did not speak to him at all, but rather, she used sign language. "That means thank you, isn't it? Well, you're welcome, though you do not really need to thank me, it's the truth after all." Daichi said looking at the girl in front of him.

Her next statement though, he cannot clearly understand. Searching his bag, he took out a parchment and a quill. "You don't seem to like talking at all, can you please write it down? If you wouldn't mind...Don't worry I'm patient, you can take as long as you want!" He exclaimed, as he handed the parchment and the quill to the girl, waiting for her to respond to him. "I'm Daichi by the way..."
<i>
</i>

Sapphire felt the urge to hug him he was being so nice to her. Not that everyone here wasn't nice. There was even a girl who was usually mean to everyone and because Sapphire was mute she wasn't mean to her. It felt kind of nice to be treated this way though sometimes it bugged the hell out of her. She didn't need to be treated special all the time. The boy who introduced himself as Daichi handed her a quill and parchment and asked her if she could write things down for him. This was because he didn't know sign at all. He must have guessed that she had meant to thank him which she had. Sapphire nodded and started to write in that curvy cursive that she was now somewhat known for.

I'm Sapphire. Pleasure to meet you. I'm Mute just so you know, I was attacked by a dog when I was small and it took out my voice box. I haven't be able to make a sound for years now. Don't worry I'm usually quick with a pen. Do you fly? when Sapphire finished she gave the parchment to Daichi and smiled wide. Sapphire held up her hand and called her bag to her under her sleeve was her wand. Again she wasn't very talented in magic yet because she had no voice there for she couldn't use spoken spells. The teachers had her work extra hard at wordless magic but she was still behind. She waited for Daichi to respond to her note while taking her notebook out of bag.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Daichi was relieved that the girl wasn't weirded out by him. She was actually quite different from those that he had seen before. Well, actually, all his friends are quite different, they are unique in their own way. He was really glad to meet someone form a different house and from what it seems, year.

Smiling as the girl handed him the parchment which he had given her, Daichi began to read the note. I'm Sapphire. Pleasure to meet you. I'm Mute just so you know, I was attacked by a dog when I was small and it took out my voice box. I haven't be able to make a sound for years now. Don't worry I'm usually quick with a pen. Do you fly? , was the words written on it. Looking up to see the girl more properly, Daichi replied. "Nice to meet you too Sapphire, that's quite a wonderful name, it's a gemstone isn't it?" He said, enthusiasm visible in his features. "Oh, and I do fly....with a broom of course." He said with a laugh, hoping that Sapphire had understood his small joke so that he won't appear silly at all.

Daichi watched as the girl summon her bag using wordless magic, he was really amazed, that type of magic was hard to learn after all. "You really are amazing aren't you? I admire you determination, wordless magic is quite difficult right?" He said in astonishment, lately, he is being really amazed by every thing that he had seen so far.

"Limitations is measure by how much we perceived the things to be, we can do anything as long as we think that we can do it right! At least that's what I think, don't be bothered because you're mute, that's something that defines who you are! Talking is not the only way at which you can communicate, there's a lot of different method too! Juts like this!" Daichi said confidently as he gestured to the parchment that he is holding as well as the quill in the girl's hands. "See, i can still understand you even though you don't talk, anyways, I know that you are aware of it already but see, my right eye's kind of blind, due to some accident a long time ago... But well, it's not really bothering me at all, except for the times when it seriously hurts.." He added casually, speaking as if having one blind eye is very normal for everyone.​
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
I realized that the font that i was using previously was actually kind of hard to read.. :)

Sapphire stood out alot here but never in a bad way surprisingly enough. Sapphire just was and most people liked that about her. Dispite what happened at home Sapphire always seemed confortable in her own skin. It was a bit of a false because of everything that was going on in her head but still. Daichi on the other hand seemed honestly confortable and compleatly cool with whatever came to him. Sapphire loved it when she came across people like that. It made her feel like the world wasn't such a bad place after all. She wished the thing about the dog had been true but it was better than what had actually happened to her voice. It had been painful and emberessing. Daichi would understand though, that she lied anyway.

Sapphire put her hand on her lips to tell him that she was laughing. Again there was no such thing as a sound for Sapphire though she loved music. Everything to do with art she was into. Sapphire supposed that if she did have a voice she would not be able to carry a tune but she did have a her flute which she was skilled at. All the children in Bella-Donna manor where skilled at an intrament or two. When he mentioned that her name was that of a gemstone she nodded then pointed at her deep blue eyes that sparkaled like sapphires. I'm guessing that our mother named us after our attributes. My sister's name is Ruby and she had flamng red hair. She wrote down on her notebook then showed Daichi. It was a joke of her own. Also Sapphire suspected that it was true. Her brother Jasper had brillent green eyes.

Sapphire listened to Daichi go on about limitations and how they where a construct of the mind. Or at least that's what Sapphire thought it all meant. She knew this. Her lack of a voice was a limit but it made it so she envented ways to make people listen to her. He mentioned that his blined eye seemed to bother him sometimes and Sapphire but her hand out on the side of his face as if this would fix it. She drew herself closer to look into that milky white eye then got an idea. She searched her bag and pulled out a small squeeze bottle. I found it in my mother's cabinate. I've used it before and it's good for hurts. Maybe it make your eye feel better when it hurts. She wrote under her last note.

Daichi nodded in understanding as Sapphire explained about her name indeed coming from a gemstone. It really is cool for him, smiling brightly, he looked intently at the girl's eyes, indeed it has that rich blue color in it, it was sparkling just like a true Sapphire. "It's quite amazing, your eyes are, I don't know why though, it's like it's shining... it speaks a lot of things...more than what you can imagine, that's probably why I like looking into a person's eyes, it's speaks volume rather than the voice itself.." Daichi said, his smile never leaving his face. He truly like looking at everyone's eyes, each person that he met had different emotions held in them, one can truly discover a lot of things by looking into a person's eye.

He was quite startled when the girl put her hands on his face, Daichi had felt that her hands were quite warm, it's quite comforting as well. He was just not so used with such close contact. "It's alright really, you don't need to do unnecessary things.." He said frantically, knowing that the girl is probably quite worried about his eyes. He watched as Sapphire got out a small bottle as he showed him a note. I found it in my mother's cabinet. I've used it before and it's good for hurts. Maybe it make your eye feel better when it hurts., was how it read, feeling extremely grateful, Daichi had unconsciously hugged the girl. "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that, I'm just really thankful, I appreciate your concern, really!" He said with a smile, hoping that the girl would not find his actions to be weird. " You're not mad are you?" He added worriedly, wishing that the girl would reply what he had expected the she would reply.

Sapphire's eyes became large when she was hugged by Daichi but she hugged him back. She wasn't used to being huged so randomly. She knew that when her mother came in for a hug usually pain came with it. Mother Dympna didn't reagard Ruby and herself as her children any more they where failers in her eyes. Sapphire knew this no matter how crushing the woman was trying to make the blow by trying to make it seem like nothing had chainged. Sapphire sank her head in Daichi's shoulder and nearly cried. When he pulled away and said that he hadn't meant to do that she understood. Fellings of gratefullness often make someone do things like this. And I don't mind. Unanounced hugs are nice. She wrote in her notebook with amusment in her eyes.

Sapphire shook her head. Why would I be mad. You hugged me as a friend. She wrote afterwards. Something inside her wanted him to hug her as more than a friend but she wasn't quite sure why. Sapphire was friendly and open with everyone and didn't really grasp the consept of boyfriend and girlfriend yet. Still she felt her face grow a little warm with the though. To make up for it she grabed her wand and started to make puffs of smoke with it. Guess the word She wrote with some of the puffs and started to make more. One was the symbol for half then a plus sign then then came the picture of a man then another plus sign then the picture of a horse.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Daichi smiled warmly when Sapphire told him that hugging her was fine. He was actually really worried that she would be mad at him. He wouldn't like that at all, loosing a friend hurts more than having none. He then noticed that the girl's eyes seemed watery after he hugged her, had he upset her or is there something that's bothering her? "Are you alright? you look like you are about to cry.." He asked softly, he would accept it even if the girl refused to answer him. It's not like he had the right to barge in to her personal life after all.

Daichi raised an eyebrow in confusion when Sapphire makes puffs of smoke in the air. The smoke turns out to be symbols and supposedly, he should guess what they means. "Riddles eh? Wait, let me think, I'm not that good with that.." He said with a sheepish smile as he thought deeply about the mystery word.​
<i>
</i>

Sapphire reached under her glasses and started to wipe her eyes furiosely. Silly things really. She wrote down in her notebook before offering him a perfectly warm smile. problems at home for my sister and me nothing that's not common in a lot of families. She explained again through her notebook. She was touched that Daichi was caring for her. He could have just walked away from her when he had seen her eyes watering. That's what happened in Bella-Donna manor when someone saw one cry. Crying was a sign of weakness after all and if one wanted to get things done one had to hold one's head up high and deal with it in whatever way possible. Sapphire didn't make it a habbit to cry because of it.

Sapphire smiled then switched the man sign and the half sign to make it easyer for Daichi to guess. The phrase said "What is the name of a creature that if half man half horse?" In Sapphires own way. This was much more plasureable than taking about things that made people sad. When she turned seventeen, no doubt that Sapphire would be tossed from Bella-Donna manor. She was starting to look for wanted signs in the shops for that event. When she turned seventeen Sapphire planed to have enough money to her name to get her own place and not have to see her adoptive mother any more. Sapphire smiled wide at Daichi as if this fact alone would jog his brain.

Daichi watched as Sapphire wiped her eyes. He can tell that something is wrong, but he decided not to push it, since Sapphire doesn't seem to like to talk about sad things. problems at home for my sister and me nothing that's not common in a lot of families. is what the note says, at that, Daichi had decided not to interfere because it seems to be so personal to talk about. "I see then, I'll leave it at that, if you're ready already to tell me what's bothering you, then I'm ready to listen..." He said with a bright smile, he wouldn't insist to Sapphire to do what she doesn't feel like doing, they have just met after all.

Daichi then looked intently at the smoke that's being turned into symbols in front of him. He had not idea what the symbols mean, so it was quite a relief when Sapphire switched the man sign and the half sign, that way, the symbols became easier for him to decipher. Thinking very deeply, Daichi closed his eyes, a habit of his when he was thinking about something very complicated. Once he had gotten grasp of the answer, Daichi quickly opened his eyes, a triumphant grin shown in his face. "It's a centaur, right?" He said very enthusiastically, waiting for Sapphire to confirm his answer.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry, I took so long to reply, I've always thought that I've replied to this post a few days ago, and when I come to check on it, I discovered that I haven't! Jeez... sorry.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back