Building a New Friendship!

Annamarie Rousseau

Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather (Fortified w/ Yew)
Annamarie had been able to charm most of the paint off of her clothes and shoes, but she was too scared to use magic on her hair. Because of the school's anti-muggle electronics rules she was unable to use a blow dryer like she normally would at home, so she decided that she might as well take a walk down to the lawn to let her hair air dry.

Annamarie shaded her eyes from the sun's glare as she skipped down the steps. She was surprised that the lawn wasn't filled with students running and enjoying there last moments of freedom before classes started. Must be unpacking... she thought to herself as she pushed away the image of her own still fully packed trunk sitting in the middle of her dorm room. She insisted thought about her roommates from last year. She hadn't seen Hollie or Steph yet. I hope they are coming back. The 2nd year Gryffindors had lost to many people to illness and other issues...watching anymore people go would be too much for her to handle.

Annamarie sat down on the bottom step and stared out absentmindedly at the grass. I should have brought a book... she sighed. Growing a bit restless, she spotted an owl from the owlery perched on rock nearby. She quickly pulled a piece of parchment and a pin from her pocket writing Hollie to meet her down on the lawn. "Here take this to the Gryffindor girl's dorm number 3." she said as she stuck the paper in the bird's beak. She was pretty sure that she had left the window open. Annamarie was fairly sure that Hollie would recieve the note soon, so she sat down and waited.

[[is it ok if hollie has got a note from anna??? coz i'll rp that but if it's not then i'll edit :p]]

Hollie ran out onto the lawn, scanning the grounds for any sign of Annamarie - at least, that's who she had assumed the note was from. She had wandered into her dorm after returning from Brightstone and had immediately seen a note.
When you arrive... said:
Please join me on the lawn if you can.
From Annamarie.

Hollie had immediately taken action, desperate to see her friend again and perhaps get even friendlier - she had found life at HNZ rather lonely last term, after Laura had left. Now she must move on and build friendships with the other lovely people she shared a dorm with.

Finally she spotted her friend sitting on the bottom step. Running over, she yelled,
"Anna, it's me!"
She must have looked a right loon, but the smile on her face was enormous. Panting, she reached her friend and sat down on the step next to her.
"I got your note," she explained, unabashed. "How were your hols? How long have you been back? And why's your hair wet?"

[[ im assuming anna's hair is wet after what you sed about drying it?? lol :p ]]

((I didn't rp the note...but I'll edit my first post.))

Annamarie looked up when she heard someone calling to her. "Hey Hollie!" she waved smiling brightly. She giggled as her friend rattled off questions at her. "Well...My break was just about as exciting as watching paint dry. I slept most of the time actually and when I was awake my grandmother kept trying to drill me on what I learned last year. I only go back at school a day or two ago. And my hair is wet because was washing paint out of it. Some stupid first decided it be funny to throw paint balloons at people." she said touching her still damp hair. "I think that about sums it up." she giggled again.

Annamarie took a deep breath a smiled Hollie.
"How have you been? How was your break?" she asked curiously.

[[thanks, much appreciated. sorry if it was a stress, or if the note was written in an anti-annamarie style :p ]]

Hollie smiled eagerly and listened to Annamarie's account of her holidays happily. "Wow, I would have loved a holiday full of sleeping!" She said, amazed that it was possible. "My bed is like, my favourite place!" she giggled. "First years lobbing paint bombs? That's rather... forward for a first year, isn't it? I would never have done that! Which house are they in?"

She took a deep breath just before answering Anna's next question.
"Well, my break was good thanks. Apart from a few complications with my parents' divorce, it went rather smoothly. I met up with Kate and Pat for a day or two, after being invited over, and saw a lot of my friend Lauren. My dad, two brothers, two sisters and I went away on holiday to France which was awesome, and yeah, I read loads for about the rest of it!" She laughed, and decided she would later tell Annamarie the problems with her mum + dad; she was currently feeling far to cheerful and didn't want to burden her friend.
"So, you met any first years yet? Apart from the paint-balling ones, I mean."

((Ehh...It was no problem... ^_^ ))

"Hmm...I dind't actually see them so I am not sure what house they were in. I just hope they weren't Gryffindors." Annamarie explained. She listened thoughtfully to Hollie as she spoke. "I think you win! You break sounds alot more exciting then mine!" she joked smiling. "Well...except for your parents. That must be tough." she added softly. Not wanting to dwell on a sore subject smiled and continued talking. "I have actually met quite a few. I worked a bit at Ollivander's so I sold a couple people wands. They seem to be a....uhh...interesting bunch don't they?" Annamarie laughed slightly thinking about the random assortment of first years she had met so far. "Have you met very many?" she asked.

Hollie smiled. "Wow, how dya manage a job there?" she asked, wide eyed, as she remembered her experience in Ollivanders. "I didn't know you could apply for a job there. I mean, other shops yeh... but Ollivanders? Wow!" She was truly amazed.
"Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I have met a few... one in Gryffindor, she's really nice. She's called Hallie Wilson, you'll probably meet her soon. And then there's another one, Blair? Oh and Wendy Chaos - you'll probably know her? They're all gryffindor. And then there's... well, a few... abnormal ones, if you get me." She paused as she remembered Larissa and Liberty. "There's a hufflepuff, Liberty, who seems alright, but her friend Larissa is... well, different. I was walking on the 2nd floor and I saw her and Liberty and she... well, ran up to Liberty and poked her in the eye. It's like she's possessed. She's a slytherin..." Hollie smiled. "That's my sampling of first years, anyway. I tried talking to a gryffindor called Min Hyo-rin? But she didn't really say anything."
Turning to Anna she asked, "So, dya know any names from when you sold wands in Ollivanders?"

Annamarie nodded and smiled proudly as Hollie talked about Ollivander's. "Yeah...It was kind of random, but I love it...well except for the workload!" she said. Annamarie gave a small sigh of relief. She was quite glad that she free from work well school was in session. She couldn't handle doing both.

Annamarie nearly fell over laughing as Hollie described the first years she had met so far. "Poked her in the eye?!?" she giggled "That is pretty wierd. But hmm...I really didn't get very many first year’s names." She stopped a thought for a minute. "Oh...I met this Ravenclaw named Thomas...he was pretty nice. And there was this spacey Hufflepuff...I don't really remember her name, but she really REALLY liked white. But she was really nice too. And I met two new Gryffindor guys, Justin and Tala." she recalled. A small smirk appeared on her face as she thought about Tala. "I thought Tala was flirting with me at Ollivander's" she whispered, confiding in her friend. "But I guess he is just a flirt cause I saw he leave the welcome part with some first year girl." she said rolling her eyes. "Typical boy..." she mumbled.

Hollie listened to Annamarie describe work in Ollivanders and smiled. How she would love a job!
"Wow, how much dya get payed?" she asked, interested in what the reward for hard work was in the wizarding world. "And how did you hear about the application?"

Hollie laughed with Annamarie at the poking-in-the-eye. "I know, she seemed an odd sort of girl, if you get me. And perhaps the spacey hufflepuff was Liberty? Or maybe not... Really liked white? What, did she just like, walk past you and say, I like white?" At that Hollie laughed. "Gryffindor guys - were they nice?" She listened to how Anna confided in her and felt so happy she thought her heart may burst from it. Finally, someone was perceiving her as a good friend, perhaps even a best friend.
"Flirting with you? Well, I can see why. You're really pretty," she nudged Annamarie in a sisterly way, and hoped her friend didn't misinterpret what she had said. Then Anna mentioned the typical boy...
"Yeah, all guys have a one track mine," she agreed, sighing in an overly dramatic way, as a joke of course. "Except perhaps a few - my brother for one. Don't worry about it, but I can see how that would annoy." She smiled. "I missed the welcome party, which was a huge bummer. Was it good? Tell me all about it."

((Haha we really do gossip alot...that should get us in trouble sooner or later :p ))

Annamarie shrugged. "I just saw a Help Wanted sign and I applied and got it. I am not sure how much Mr. Ollivander pays...I just enjoy working. I have gotten some pretty nice tips though." she smiled.

Annamarie giggled at Hollie's comment about the Hufflepuff she had met. "No...we were talking about types of wands and see was just like...'I like white...and birds...'" she laughed. "She was nice though and the Gryffindor boys seemed pretty nice too." Annamarie rolled her eyes when Hollie said she was pretty. She could never take a compliment and it was hard for her to believe that people were telling her the truth. "Thanks...Now if only I could get a guy to stick around I would be set." she laughed out loud. She laughed at Hollie's one track mind comment. "Very true..." she said smiling.

"Oh the party was pretty nice. But it was mostly for the first years and people just hung around mingling. I just kind of stood by the punch bowl most of the time and observed." Annamarie shrugged. "It looked like Aiden was trying to pick a fight with one of the first years. Wendy, do you know her? She is Isabella's sister. I really can't figure him out." she said shaking her head. Annamarie was also still trying to wrap her head aroud the fact that Isabella had sister. She really did need to catch up with Isabella. "You said you have a brother right? How old is he?" she asked. Annamarie had never really talked to Hollie about her family and she was a bit curious.

[[lol i know :p but that shows a good friendship :) which is what anna and hollie have now :D ]]

Hollie smiled. She couldn't think of anyone who deserved a good job more than the faithful Annamarie.
"Wow," she uttered, softly, under her breath.

At the bit about a guy sticking around, Hollie giggled. "Yeah, I s'pose, though you don't wanna waste your entire youth chasing guys. The right one will come at the right time. I've always said I won't go out with a guy until I'm sure a)I love him and b) he loves me." She smiled.

"Punch? I love punch. Good place to stand, and when I'm at a party I always stand near the cheesepuffs." She giggled. "But do you have cheesepuffs in the wizarding world?" She couldn't imagine never eating cheesepuffs. They were her favourite, unhealthy snack.
"Aiden? Pick a fight? He's always doing that - between you and me, I don't really think he's a Gryffindor inside, ya know? But perhaps we differ in these thoughts. And I can't imagine why he'd want a serious fight with Wendy, especially as her sister's quite popular in our year. Although when I mentioned Isabella to Wendy she was very stubborn that they were only half-sisters. I didn't even know a younger Chaos existed!" But then again, Hollie pondered mutely, she didn't know very much about Isabella either.

"Urm... yeah, I have a brother. He's seventeen. I have quite a lot of siblings, actually." She bit her lip as she said it. "I'm one of seven. It was Sam, Shelby, Me, Karl, Lucy, Nikki, and Madi. Mum and dad recently split up and Shelby and Nikki went off with mum, being her younger selves - they're all so alike, and that's not a good thing. There's now a really nice atmosphere at home between us kids - if we're still classed as kids - because Shelby was the bully, and Nikki her sidekick. Do you have any siblings?"

((Very true... ^_^ ))

Annamarie smiled at Hollie's views on boys. Considering it seemed like all the girls around here were so boy crazy, her views were quite refreshing. "I love cheesepuffs!!!" Annamarie laughed. "I don't know how popular they are in wizarding world though." she giggled. Annamarie cocked her head to the side and considered what Hollie said about Aiden and Wendy. "No I agree with you." she said admantly and nodded her head. "I think the sorting hat may have made a mistake with that one." she joked. It was true though. Annamarie always thought he was a bit un-Gryffindor-ish. Sure he was loyal, but only to those it seemed were worthy of his loyalty. But as long as Aiden didn't hurt any of her friends or anything she wouldn't have a problem with him. "And I don't know much about the whole Wendy and Isabella thing. But I figure it is just family stuff and I am sure they will work it out." she said with a sigh.

"Wow...seven kids?!?" Annamarie said as Hollie was describing her family. Her heart sank a little when she heard about her family situation. "That really does suck." she said quietly. "But it seems like the you and your other siblings are handling it well." she said more like a question then a statement. Annamarie gave a small half-smile when Hollie asked if she had siblings. "Nope...just lonely one me. I wish I had seven siblings." she laughed.

Hollir giggled at the cheesepuffs - she was glad her friend had the same views about them. She was also relieved that Anna agreed with her about Aiden and Wendy. "Yeah, perhaps it did," she said, joining in with her friend's joke about the sorting hat. "Or perhaps we just sort people too early on in their life." She pondered over what she had said, and realised it could be true. Perhaps they sorted people before they'd had a chance to shape their character. Everyone could change, after all. And the sorting hat didn't determine that. After all, she was in gryffindor, and yet she was scared stiff about this situation with her parents.
She completely agreed with Anna over Wendy and Isabella. "Yeah, it'll all smooth over soon - or, it should do," she added, sighing. She hardly knew Isabella, but she knew Annamarie was quite friendly with her and was probably finding this situation rather overwhelming.

"Yeah, we're trying to," she said, in response to Anna's comment about her parents. "But it's rather hard, because..." she hesitated. Was now the time to share? She decided it probably was. "Well, although mum never expressed much love to us, she seems to be appealing to the judge to let us live with her, and it's all really serious, seeing as all five of us want to live with dad. So it's rather confusing at the mo..." she sighed, and left it there. "No, seriously, you don't want seven siblings," she joked. "Sure, there's times when it's good, but sometimes it's really hard, 'specially if you're at the older end. But it may be hard for the younger ones too... nah, not seven. 2, 3 or 4 is a good number." She laughed. "But since I love them all, I don't know who I'd drop. Except perhaps Shelby and Nikki." She smiled. "Do you find it lonely being the only one? Or is it quite refreshing?"

Annamarie smiled at Hollie's explaination. Hollie seemed alot wiser then most 12 year olds and she was most defiently more level headed then Annamarie. "Well...that was awful Ravenclaw sounding of you." she joked in agreement. She listened empathically as Hollie explained her family's current situation. Annamarie knew a things or two about carrying familial burdens and could imagine how tough that would be. "Well...If you need me...I am here for you." she said simply giving her friend a truly geniuene smile.

"Hmm...I don't know. Before we moved to Boston I would say it was pretty refreshing, you know having your parents to yourself and stuff." Annamarie smiled as she remembered how she and here parents would go on random road trips whenever they moved to a new city. "But I guess it is more lonely now, living with Nanny. It not that anything is wrong with it...the energy is just...I don't know different now." she said with a shrug. It was amazing how over the years Annamarie had been able to channel out her mother's accident over the year. Sure she thought about her mother everyday, but never dwell on the fact that she was actually dead. She had to be strong for her dad and blocking it out was the only way to cope. Annamarie sighed "Excited about classes this year?" she asked changing the subject.

Hollie smiled as Annamraie offered her support.
"Thanks," she said, quietly, fiddling with a strand of grass.

She went on to listening to Anna talk, which was really interesting. A question sprang to mind and she couldn't shake it off.
"Urm... I was just wondering... ur, what happened to your mum and dad? Why do you live with your nanny?" It came out as a hushed whisper, and Hollie felt bad. She hoped Anna wouldn't feel pressured into an answer and bit her lip, hoping it wasn't too forward of her. "You don't have to answer," She added.

The guilt increasened when Anna changed the subject.
"urm... yeah, kind of," she said, smiling. "Especially DADA - no T's this year!"She grinned. "Are you?"

The mood had definitely lightened... the atmopshere was no longer tense but bright and happy. A definite improvement.

Annamarie heard Hollie ask what had happened between her mom and dad. She had expected this question to be asked eventually, but now just didn't feel like a good time. She was relieved a little when Hollie had continued to talk about classes. "I am most def. looking forward to charms and transfiguration." she said. "And yeah...I gotta do my best to avoid Ts. Oh god that would be awful!" she pictured the look on her grandmother's face when she saw the grade and shuddered at the thought. "Oh yeah....we get to choose our electives next year right?" Annamarie asked.

Hollie noticed Anna decided not to answer her primary question, but that was fine. She didn't want to intrude or push Annamarie. She was quite happy to continue with the conversation.

"Same," she said, talking about classes. "Charms is great, though it seems like Lloyd prefers the hufflepuffs - well, Pat and Kate. That's the impression I get." She sighed. She probably sounded really jealous, and hoped that wasn't the case. "He just treats them informally - and jokingly. The rest of us are just... students." She grinned. "Well, I got O's in my exams last year, but one lesson King gave me a T for copying one line from a book - and just because I used too-grown-up vocab. It was so unfair! One assignment! But thank heavens it didn't hinder my final grade!" She laughed. Not that her dad would mind - the magical world was beyond his understanding, even grades. He was just thrilled she was at HNZ.

"Electives?" Hollie thought, puzzled. She knew her confusion must look really stupid, but she clearly wasn't on the same wavelength as Anna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back