Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
El
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Even if Isaiah had already spend an entire year at the school he still knew there were a lot of places he hadn't seen yet, spots he still had to discover. Obviously, he had already been to the forest and he wasn't sure there was anything around the castle that could beat him meeting an actual centaur and getting out of the forest without being caught by either a prefect or a professor, but he still wondered. Which is exactly why he had set out on one of his quests today. He had heard there should be some interesting spots on the second floor, but the more he kept walking the more he started to think it had been just rumours. The portraits weren't really helping him either. Most of them were nice, except for the one that had just laughed at him for thinking there was anything remotely interesting on the second floor, and he had made sure to chat with a couple of them in passing. None of them could tell him about any secret hideouts though, only mentioning something about a stuffy old classroom that wasn't used anymore. Since he was already here though Zay figured he might as well take a look at it. He pushed the door open, casually stepping into the dusty classroom as he looked around. Maybe the laughing portrait had been right. Maybe there wasn't anything interesting around here. Feeling slightly disappointed he took a seat on one of the desks, too lazy to slide out one of the chairs to sit on that, and looked out into the hallway hoping something would come along to make this more interesting. Like a ghost or two.

-godmod approved-

Jordie hadn't been able to shake the idea of having Isaiah join him and Weston for their band. He and Weston had been looking all over for the other boy. Jordie had been searching all over the school, looking in all of the spots he usually saw Isaiah. It wasn't until he'd been at it for a bit that he remembered something his sister had mentioned- an old abandoned classroom. He thought it was a long shot, but he thought there could be some merit in looking there anyway.

Jordie absolutely lit up when he saw Isaiah sitting there, almost as if he was waiting there for them. "Zay! There you are!" He ran into the room, smiling brightly. "We have been looking all over for you, why are you hiding?" He laughed, sliding in next to the other boy, practically vibrating with excitement.

Weston had dreamed of being in a band for years, but he'd always assumed that he would have to wait until he was much older before it happened. The only bands he'd ever seen plan had members who were in their upper teens or twenties or even thirties, basically people who were old. But after meeting Jordie and Zay, it seemed he might not have to wait that long. He liked playing music. He had two friends who liked playing music. Together, they could all play music. It didn't get much simpler than that.

The only thing left before they could properly start their band was to officially ask Zay to join them. Weston had assumed the task would be easy, but already, they were having some trouble finding him. Thankfully, Jordie had had the idea of searching an abandoned classroom, and it was there that they finally spotted the Gryffindor. "Yeah, we've got this super awesome idea, and you're going to be part of it!" There was no doubt in his mind that Zay would say yes. "Should we tell him on three?" he asked Jordie. It took all of his willpower not to immediately blurt it out, but an idea this great needed some proper lead-up. "Drum roll, please," he instructed Zay.

Isaiah had to admit it would've been cool to hang out with a ghost and for a moment he thought one was coming before he quickly noticed it was actually his friends barging into the classroom. Them hanging out together did explain why he hadn't been able to find them. Although in all honesty, he hadn't tried that hard. When he hadn't managed to find Noah or France around he had figured that if he wasn't going to find his dormmates finding his friends that weren't even in the same house would be even harder. "Waddup dudes!" Zay greeted his friends excitedly when they entered the room. "Hiding? Nah bro, I was just looking for some fun." He replied with a shrug, nudging Jordie with his shoulder when he went to sit next to him. It did make him wonder why they had been looking for him, especially since they seemed far too excited to have found him if the only thing they had wanted was to hang out. "Riiiight." He laughed when Wes mentioned some sort of awesome idea they needed him to be part of. He looked from Jordie to Wes when it was apparently such a big deal that they couldn't just tell him but actually needed a proper lead-up which meant this had to something good. Happily obliging, Zay gave his friends a little drum roll by slapping his hands on the sides of his legs, curiously waiting as to what their idea was going to be.

-godmod approved-

Jordie laughed, goaded on by Weston's energy. He laughed again, running both hands through his hair. He was sure he was vibrating he was so excited. He giggled as Isaiah did the drumroll, looking to Weston and grabbing his hand. "We want you to join our band!" He nearly shouted, jumping up and down a bit as he said it, voice three octaves higher than usual. He hardly heard what Weston said. He scooted in to sit right next to Isaiah. "It's going to be absolutely awesome, we're still learning, but we can do it together!" He smiled, offering his hand out to Isaiah.

Weston grinned as Zay complied and started the drum roll. He glanced at Jordie, glad their wait was nearly over. "Three-two-one, you're joining our band!" he cried out, throwing his hands up in the air in excitement, having momentarily forgotten that he was still holding on to Jordie's. He laughed as he realized that they'd shouted different things. Maybe they should have coordinated, but he was sure Zay got the idea.

Weston nodded eagerly at Jordie's comment and took a seat at a desk in front of his friends. "Yeah, we've got everything worked out. Jordie'll be on drums, and I'll be on guitar. And you'll sing!" It would be perfect. "You can also be on guitar, rhythm or lead, whatever you want," he added, because he was generous like that. Plus, the more guitars the better. He still kind of thought a band with just guitar would be a cool idea.

Isaiah was incredibly curious what the huge, exciting idea was his friends had somehow come up to and how that connected to him. He continued his drum roll untill his friends started talking, laughing when they both said something different at the same time. He had at least expected them to say the same thing in unison after asking for a drum roll as a lead up. It was only when he was done laughing about their uncoordinated announcement that what they had actually said started to get through to him. "Wait, what?" He asked, looking from Jordie to Wes. He knew the other boys liked music as much as he did but he also figured they knew he wasn't really serious about his music at all and joining a band, well.. that sounded kind of serious. "Uh- I mean I don't know what to say." Zay responded, trying to sound as casual as he could. It was the truth though. He really did not know what to say. Ofcourse he was stoked about the idea of his friends being in a band but the idea of him joining was something entirely different. He wanted to be honest about that, but at the same time he didn't want to ruin their excitement. He figured he had to at least think about it but his silence was completely unlike him and he was sure that wouldn't go unnoticed with his friends either.

Jordie wasn't blind. He noticed right away that Isaiah wasn't as on board with this idea as they were. He raised a brow, considering a moment. "Actually, Wes," He looked at the other boy. "You know what we need? A manager," He diverted quickly, leaning back and smiling. "We both know Zay has all the best ideas." He grinned, looking to the other two boys with a bright smile.

Weston beamed. Zay wasn't saying much, but it was clear that was because he was so overjoyed and awestruck by how great the idea was, that he was speechless. Before Weston could launch into a long speech welcoming Zay into their band, Jordie spoke up, leaving Weston to do a double-take. "Uh, what?" he asked, turning in confusion to Jordie.

"A manager?" Weston repeated, brow furrowed. They hadn't talked about this, unless he'd missed something. "I thought we needed a singer. And Zay can sing, that's why we were gonna ask him to join our band," he reminded Jordie. Weston hesitated before turning to Zay, giving him an uncertain look. "Unless you want to sing and be our manager...?" Did they even need a manager at this point? It wasn't like they were booking shows or anything; they hadn't even written any songs. Weston felt like he was missing something about this whole conversation.

Isaiah was pretty much torn in two at the moment. His friends being in a band sounded like an awesome idea. Himself joining them.. not so much. Perhaps if he had some time to think about it he would somehow change his mind but at the moment that seemed unlikely. He liked music, loved music. Strumming his guitar and singing silly tunes was something he enjoyed and getting all serious about it seemed like a risky situation. What if he'd end up not liking it anymore? He wasn't keen on letting that happen. Zay squinted for a second when Jordie mentioned him being a manager, looking from him to Wes who didn't seem so on board with that idea. "Not really." He answered with a small shrug when Wes asked him whether he wanted to do both; sing and be a manager. Right now, he didn't feel like being either. Sure, he had some great ideas every once in a while but he wouldn't hesitate to just throw those at his friends anyways. Jordie bringing up the idea did make him think that his friend had noticed how uncharacteristic his silence had been and so Zay decided he might as well be honest with his friends. That's what they were after all. Friends. And as much as he hated to let them down he didn't want to lie to them either. "I don't think being in a band is for me though." He eventually admitted. "I mean I could think about it a little longer, but I don't know.."

Jordie sighed, both when Weston doubted him and when Isaiah shot down the whole idea. He smiled softly at Isaiah. "That's okay, I understand." He tried to reassure Isaiah. He sighed, giving Wes a half-hearted grin. "Sorry Wes, I could tell he wasn't as hyped for it as we are. I thought manager might still get him in the band but with less commitment," he laughed lightly, looking back to Isaiah. "What about our soundboard instead? We bring you the stuff we make and if it sucks, you tell us, and if its awesome, you tell us, or if you think there's something we can do to make it better," he mused, looking to Wes and hoping the other boy wouldn't be upset that Zay didn't want in the band, or upset that Jordie was trying another way for Isaiah to be involved.

Jordie's explanation was certainly news to him. Weston turned to Zay, surprised. "You're not?" How could someone not be hyped to join a band? Didn't Zay also like playing music? He even performed outside occasionally, serenading nearby students. Weston knew because they'd literally done that together just a few weeks ago. Weston listened as Zay explained that being in a band wasn't for him, immediately latching onto the part about thinking it over more. That meant there was still hope.

The soundboard idea was... fine, he guessed. But it would be a lot better if Zay was actually part of the band. And all of Jordie's suggestions still didn't quite get to the root of the issue. "Why don't you want to be in a band?" Weston asked, still baffled. "Do you not want to sing? You could play guitar and we could find someone else to sing if you want." Most bands had at least four people anyways. "Are you nervous about performing? Do you not like music anymore? Are you just looking to go solo?" he rambled before realizing that he should probably shut up if he wanted an answer from Zay.

Isaiah wasn't too surprised by his friends' reactions. He felt like he knew them well enough by now to know Jordie wouldn't be bothered. Or at least wouldn't show he was bothered or disappointed, he was far too friendly for that. He gave the boy a small nod when he said he understood, still worried that he was letting them down. At the same time, Wes' reaction wasn't unexpected either. He always seemed a whole lot more enthusiastic about things, like Zay himself would probably be if it had been his own idea, and maybe a little bit stubborn or at least way more out there with what he was thinking than Jordie was. "Sorry bro." He responded with a small shrug when Wes looked at him, before turning his attention back to Jordie who apparently had a whole head full of ideas to still get him involved with their band. "Trust me, I'll happily tell you if your stuff sucks." He joked at Jordie's idea. "Or if it's good. I'll obviously be your number one hype man." He grinned, although that wouldn't exactly be something new since he felt that was what he was most of the time for his friends. Or tried to be at the very least.

Zay laughed when Wes rambled on, realizing after the second question he should probably just wait with his answer before his friend was done asking everything he wanted to ask. "Dude, I'm never nervous." He answered just one of the questions matter of factly. For a second he debated joking about not wanting to share the spotlight and going solo. It wasn't a secret that he liked attention after all. But Wes seemed honestly disappointed by his response so he figured he wouldn't. Rather he'd try to be serious for a change. Which felt.. weird and very unlike him. "Don't know man, I just do music for fun, to get a laugh out of it. Getting all serious about it isn't really me." He answered eventually, leaving out the fact that the thought it might not be fun anymore if he got too serious about it.

Jordie listened to the other two go on for a minute before laughing lightly, leaning back on his hands. "I think you should still totally come to all of our practices," He told Isaiah with a wink. "Or at least most of them. We still need to hang out more," he spoke then, glancing to Weston, too. "I don't think I see either of you often enough," he pouted, sighing dramatically. "We need to do something!" The thought made him remember something and he looked to Isaiah. "Oh yeah, why are you hiding in here anyway?" He asked, raising a brow. "There are like, a billion other places to be,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back