Bruin's Thinking

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin walked down near the lake...it had been a busy last few days with trying to get some Quidditch practices in, pulling a few shifts at Gladrags, spending some time with Alice, and just trying to get back into school mode. He sat down and leaned against a tree looking out over the water, lost in his thoughts...

Bellatrix was so confused lately. Having no magic was taking a horrible tole on her. She wandered around aimlessly for hours not wanting to see anyone. She was walking around the lake looking at her ragged reflection. She haden't slept and even now months after Azkaban it still took a tole on her.

Bruin's thoughts were interrupted when he saw Bellatrix wandering aimlessly ahead of him...she didn't look quite as fiery as the last time he had seen her. He thought back to their argument that had ended in Bruin insulting her and then running away from her before she could stun him...

He felt bad about what had happened and thought that he might make an attempt to mend fences.

"Hey Bellatrix...", he called out tentatively, "Are you okay?"

She vaguly heard Bruin in deep thought. Then looked up, "No..." she softly said.

ooc: I have to go. BYE! Be back later.

Bruin was surprised by her answer, not only that she admitted not being okay, but also how softly she had spoken. A flood of thoughts washed over him and he realized how polar opposite their first years had been.

Bruin had easily just enjoyed the best year of his young life...being named top student and Quidditch Captain, doing well in classes, meeting Alice, making lots of friends, and hanging out with the boys in the Brotherhood. He didn't know too much about Bellatrix, but was pretty sure that her year had been pretty much the worst... alienating most of the staff and students with her wicked rants about pure bloods, struggling through some of her classes and finally, being implicated in Rose's death at the mansion and put on trial. It appeared that things had take their toll on her and Bruin had no desire to add to her troubles.

He got up and walked over slowly. "I'm sorry to hear that...", his voice trailed off. He didn't really know what to do, suspecting that if he offered to try and help that she would probably get her back up, her pride not wanting to let her show weakness. He decided to be a little more indirect and see what happened. "Are you looking forward to getting back into classes?", he said quietly, wondering whether she was approaching second year as a fresh start at things.

Courtney had been searching for Bruin, and, to her surprise had spotted him on the lakefront with Bellatrix. "Okay, weirder things have happened." She said, to reassure herself.

Running up to the two students, she yelled "HEY!" She felt slightly bad for interrupting their conversation, but she absolutely had to tell Bruin the good news.

Bruin didn't know exactly what to do, but took it from Bellatrix's withdrawing a little that he should head Courtney off at the pass. She looked a little excited and probably just wanted to tell him something quickly. "Hey Courtney, what's up?", he replied as he attempted to step between her and Bellatrix, his rather large frame providing a physical barrier between the two.

Courtney jumped up and down. "Eeeee! Bruin! I won the contest! Hudson gave me a pair of the Ravenclaw boxers you designed, isn't that awesome?"

Turning to Bellatrix, Courtney raised an eyebrow. She had never seen Bella back away from her before, it was rather strange. Shrugging it off, she turned to Bruin and grinned.

"Yeah, that's great Courtney...you really kicked my butt this week in sales, but I'll get you next week.", Bruin replied, deciding not to tell her that Mr. Bay had given him a pair of Gryffindor ones as well.

"Listen Courtney, I've gotta go...I'll see you later...", he called as he hurried after Bellatrix....

"Hey wait a sec...", Bruin called as he pulled up alongside Bellatrix.

Courtney shook her head. She could tell that neither Bruin or Bellatrix wanted her there, so she scampered away to meet with some friends.

"Aww, that??? Courtney and I can talk anytime and well, you and I??? Not so much...", Bruin replied trying to inject a little humour into their conversation. "Listen, I've been thinking...and I think that maybe I owe you an apology."

"I don't know, not standing still and giving you a chance to stun me and my big mouth at that Borely Mansion meeting last year. I was just in a real bad mood that day and not interested in listening to anybody else's ideas. Maybe if I had tried listening better, things would have turned out better?", Bruin paused for a second. "I tell you what, when you get your wand back I'll let you take a shot at me in the dueling chamber to make it up to you.", he added with a smile.

"No," she said. "As tempting as that sounds I don't want to hurt a willing person... and also their was nothing you could do. Things turned out the way they did because I made them that way."

"Fair enough... so do you want to try starting fresh with me?", Bruin asked, not sure if he should extend his hand, deciding not to...

"I don't know..." he said a little aprehensivly. "If I don't change.... then it would be weird... and I wouldin't be able to go aginst the promis... I don't know..."

Bruin was a little confused, Bellatrix had obviously changed a little, but something seemed to be holding her back. "Listen, I'm not sure whether you want to change or not and it's not my place to tell you whether you should or not, but what I can offer is this. This place is pretty amazing, and if some little changes in you can make it easier for you to take advantage of what it has to offer, then I say do it. If your happy with the who you are and the way things were going, then don't. Nobody can make you happy, but if you're not happy, take a chance because you've got nothing to lose."

Bruin had no idea if any of this made sense and hope it didn't sound too preachy, he just couldn't understand how anyone could waste the opportunities for friendships and learning that this place offered. "Sorry, I've got a lot of opinions...feel free to tell me to shut up if you like, my friends do."

"Well I'm not your friend so I don't have that place to tell you to do that. But we can be acquaintances..." she said.

"Acquaintances it is then... so, is there anything about this place that you do like?", Bruin asked, hoping to find something in common with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back