Brotherly Advice

Jean Snow

Wand
Straight 14 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
This RP takes place December 2041

The Manor wasn't a place that Jean came to often. He avoided it when he could, but there were certain events he couldn't avoid no matter how hard he tried. This was one of them. Several hours in, he'd managed to leave the area where most of the family was centered, and had found a quiet balcony. He was seated on the wide stone railing, his back leaning up against the Manor, close to the doorway, as he looked out over the land, his breath fogging in front of him. He wasn't too cold yet, a half full bottle of mead at his side helping to keep him warm. Jean's tryouts had happened just a day before, and he was contemplating life, his future mostly, and how he had better come up with a backup plan in case he didn't make the team.

Theodore would have preferred to quietly slip away and forget mingling with his family members, but it would seem that every time he even thought about it, someone forced his attention away from the idea. When he noticed Jean finally slipping away, Theodore figured this would be a perfect time to kill two birds with one stone. Not only would he get to get away from the commotion, but he could also finally confront Jean about something he had known for months. Silently following after his brother, Theodore stepped onto the balcony and set his half-empty glass of wine aside. "Too much excitement for you?" Theodore asked in the most sincere tone he could muster, even though he didn't care quite as much as he made it sound. "Pity you didn't invite Victoire. The family really would have loved her.....or maybe not." Jean could deny it all he wanted, Theodore had proof and he was actually doing his best to warn his brother before something bad happened. Alyssa had barely broken the rules by marrying an Auror and she was already on the family hit-list. Theodore was actually doing this to protect Jean, whether he brother wanted to believe that or not was up to him, but something needed to be said.

Even though Jean would have preferred to have remain alone out on the balcony, he knew that the likelihood of that happening was slim to none. He tilted his head to the side slightly, noticing Theodore, his older half-brother. Jean wouldn’t say that they were that close, though they lived in the same space for the bulk of each year. His feelings towards this particular brother were complicated at best.. Jean had no idea why Theodore was mentioning Victoire. The Gryffindor was sure that he and Victoire had been careful. They had to be to avoid what seemed to be happening right now. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Theodore” Jean said, his words clipped, as he reached for the mead by his leg. They weren't in school so there was no way he'd call him professor. “You know that Rumor Has It is full of…rumors, right? Shocking, I know” Jean replied, his tone dry with an eye roll added as he lifted the bottle to his lips.

Theodore shook his head at his brother's denial. He had figured that Jean would deny everything between him that girl. The blonde smirked as he looked off into the distance. His younger siblings were a lot dumber than he figured. "Don't lie to me Jean. I'm not stupid." He hissed, narrowing his eyes as he stared at Jean. Did his younger brother really believe that Theodore would not find out? "Hogwarts is a fairly large castle, you know. I've seen you two. I'm sure others have as well. You can deny it all you'd like, but I know better." Jean had the luxury of growing up without Alphonse being alive, perhaps he never learned to always watch his back less he find a knife wedge in the middle of it someday. Theodore's green eyes returned to the scenery in the distance as he thought about all the mistakes he had made, and those he wished someone had stopped before he had made them. "Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you." He cared little for his younger siblings, but he knew what it was like to be in Jean's shoes. To want different things but to have the family laws keep him from ever being able to make those decisions himself. Jean was headed down a path that was going to bring him a lot of trouble, right now he was safe at Hogwarts, but once graduated he would have to face the family.

Jean moved the bottle from his lips back down to his lap, his jaw clenching as his brother called him a liar. The Gryffindor was happy that it was cold out. His cheeks had already reddened from that and the alcohol, but now he could feel heat rising to his cheeks from anger. Theodore hardly spoke to him at all, and now he wanted to come out here and act like a brother. The younger boy continued to look off into the distance, not daring to meet his brother's gaze lest he see the fear at being caught that was in Jean's eyes. The Gryffindor knew that he and Victoire had always been so careful in the school - going to school dances together meant nothing - so he wondered how his brother had come to this conclusion. The teenager scoffed. "Trying to help me. Right." He lifted the bottle back to his lips and took another swig. "Well, you're wasting your time. Like I said, there's nothing going on. We're just friends...and we happen to be Head Boy and Girl so we have to work together too" he stated coldly, turning to look Theodore straight in the face and hating that he was being forced to deny his relationship with Victoire. He reasoned that she would want him to do this, but still it hurt to claim to feel nothing for someone he truly loved. "I'm tired of this effin' family" he muttered under his breath in French.

Being home was definitely a good situation right now. Lucien needed a break from the school. He also didn’t want to be around other filthy people. Lucien yawned and avoided his mass of other siblings. Half ones were the worst. He was out to look for his twin, since he had a feeling that his twin was hiding something from him. He eventually found the balcony where Theodore and Jean were, and only caught the last bit of the conversation. Just mentioning that there was nothing going on, that brought up the head girl in the prefect’s head. He narrowed his eyes slightly, before hearing Theodore say that he was looking out for them. Lucien did know that the Snow family was vicious. And then there was their mother’s side that was just as dark, if not more. It was hard to tell nowadays. Lucien came out, letting his presence be known, “Jean, you are a part of the family. If Theodore has to warn you about something, I’d go along with it. We all know how lazy he is, and if he knows something, well, that’s a miracle on his part.” Lucien was taking a stab at both of them. He folded his arms across his chest, and stated, “But what is going on.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back