Brother to Brother

Julien Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Redwood Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Ashwinder Ash
Julien Chevalier set his glass of iced tea down on a old wooden coffee table that was placed next to the armchair he was currently sitting in. His children were all upstairs right now and his wife was probably either in the garden outside or baking something in the kitchen like she always did on days that they had company coming over. Julian was expecting his older twin brother Amauri over for dinner and some family time tonight. They had been planning a meet up for a long time because thanks to Julien's previous employment he was rarely able to see his older brother. Back when they had just gone and Graduated school both of the brother's had become Aurors together and they had seen each other all the time even if Amauri had an early start on a family that he needed to keep an eye on. But Julien and Amauri had worked together for years and years until Julien himself met and fell in love with with a woman that he had met through work at the Ministry. When Aurora fell pregnant Julien left the Aurors because he didn't want to risk anything to happen to him while he had a wife and his first baby on the way. He didn't really wait to see if Amauri was happy with his decision or not because right after that they moved off to Salem where Julien had been accepted to teach Charms at. This was a much safer and suitable job for him but it did prevent him and his brother from seeing one another all the time. They usually saw one another perhaps once or twice a year but those visits eventually faded as well and it had been a couple of years since the brother's had seen one another. But Julien was going to make sure that all changed. He recently retired from his position of teaching Charms for twelve years and decided to move back to New Zealand and see what job he could uncover here. Perhaps becoming an Auror again, or another teaching job. Julien was really good with kids and working in a school, he would just have to see what the cars held in store for him. Summoning one of the house elves he politely asked what time it was. It was just about to turn six in the evening so Amauri should be here any moment. They had so much to catch up on so Julien was pretty excited to see him again, two years was far too long and he was determined to make it so that they saw one another more often. With that he thanked the elf and dismissed himself to go outside and see if the paper had been delivered and if his wife was outside or inside, it was a little hard to find people in his new home since they had only been here a short while.

Julien carried himself Outside his newly bought home and picked up the newest issue of the Daily Prophet that had been delivered to his front door. Julien stared at it for a moment and read over it's contents. There wasn't much interesting going on and he thought that for a moment he probably needed to adjust to how peaceful it seemed to be right now. He knew it would not last because nothing lasted forever. Not even peace. 'Which is such a pity. I fail to see how it is so hard for everyone to just get along.' Julien smirked to himself and folded the paper up so he wouldn't have to look at anymore of the news that bothered him to read. The only thing interesting he did pick up from the News or gossip recently was that Alphonse Snow had died. He remembered easily that the man used to be his brother's best friend. He didn't know if Amauri was even aware of his death or not and even if Alphonse Snow was nothing but a cocky punk, it was sad to hear anyone Julien knew dying. There was also a Snow as the Minister for Magic. That family was just gaining celebrity status left and right these days. Interesting. Looking up at the sky, Julien was about to turn and head inside, but then he noticed someone arrive in a puff of smoke and smirked. "I was wondering when you'd get here, brother." Julien smiled warmly as he approached his older twin that emerged from the smoke, his thick black sweater kept him warm in gentle breeze and he began to wonder if he should take it off so he didn't look like a nerd in front of his older brother or anything like that.​
<i>
</i>

Amauri Chevalier was not expecting someone that he had seen in some time. Amauri had mentioned every now and then to his son that he had a twin brother, but Amauri was the oldest, and they all kind of separated. Amauri was the one that received most if not all the awards from being in the family. He was a Ravenclaw Prefect in his time and the Head Boy. Amauri believed that he was also the first one that even had a child. However there was the one thing with his brother looking just like his father and then Amauri looked more like his mother. The blue eyes were a good strong trait, and one would be able to tell that they were brothers the moment that someone got a good look at them both. Both of the brothers had entered the same Auror academy together, and then made Aurors at the same time. Both of them were a force to be reckoned with. Amauri however had a family to worry after, and then when Aurora, his sister-in-law got pregnant, Julien left the Aurors which Amauri never done, but wished that Cyrille had because she might not have been killed otherwise. And then Amauri saw that his twin brother had left the country which was most unfortunate. Not too long after that, Cyrille had died and Amauri completely changed from the serious person with some jokes here and there to just serious and without a laugh in his life. That was just the type of person he was but it was all coming back now with another someone in his life that he was friends with but felt something much more for obviously or else he would not have had that dream about her. Amauri also wanted to talk to Julien about that dream because he had no idea who else to turn to because there was no one that he trusted. Though the two boys had not seen each other in some time, Amauri still trusted him and thought that he could share anything with Julien. He wanted Julien to come back to the Aurors, but the man would have to choose to if he wanted to. Amauri ensured that he was dressed nicely, which was jeans and a white button up shirt. It was almost time for him to leave, and he wondered how his family was doing. He had two nephews and a niece as well.

Amauri was happy and relieved regardless that his brother was living in New Zealand, and not too far from him either. Amauri grabbed his usual jacket and draped it around himself before he thought that he would be visiting his brother for a family gathering really, and dinner. Amauri was not really hungry, but he did not want to be rude to Aurora and create grounds of dislike and hatred between the very small family. There were not many Chevaliers left out there and he was not going to make it so that there would be a small war between the few. Apparating to the right address, Amauri looked around the home and thought that it looked beautiful, and something that his brother would live in, not that it was bad or anything. He was not shocked at all. Amauri took off his jacket and he wrapped it on his arm before he approached his brother with the emptiness in his bright blue eyes showing that he had not changed in quite some time. It was a real shame too, that he had not changed over so many years, and he was learning to actually get out there though. That was a relief and a half. He was learning through their old classmate, Desdemona. She was teaching him how to live, and he could never thank her enough for giving him his old life back, if only she could bring the dead back to life. Amauri approached his younger twin and extended his arm as if he were meeting his boss or another co-worker rather than just a brother. Amauri coughed slightly, and he shook his head, "I am not late, am I?" Amauri barely cracked a smile, but this was not unusual for him. However his blue eyes ran over his twin, and knew that the man never really changed, maybe. Perhaps he was still lively and a hoot to be around. Amauri was always the more serious brother and the one that everything thought had a scheme in his mind but really, he did not. He was just learning all he could and he could not help that he was serious all the time. Even the best friend that he once had was dead now, and Amauri felt some sadness but it was replaced with apathy because that man was a Death Eater. "What brings you around these parts, Julien?" Amauri asked with curiosity. He had moved here to start over and get away from France. Julien had moved from Salem, so was that place boring or something?

It felt really good to see his brother again. But it was still easy for him to tell that Amauri was just as awkward and anti-social as he ever was. Julien found it to be a good thing though because it was easy for him to tell that this guy was really his brother and not some impostor. Julien chuckled and stepped forward to give his brother a bear-like hug and a pat on the shoulder before he gave his brother a good look. "Late enough for me anyways." Julien cracked a small joke. Amauri wasn't late at all, it was just that Julien could be very impatient for the things he really wanted at times. He really wanted to see his brother so his eyes had been on the clock all day hoping that the hours would fly on by and his brother would be here soon. It had been like that even during his childhood and younger years, his impatient ways were one of his many faults too. But it was what made Julien himself, not many people could be as good of a man as he was but be as impatient as he was too. Julien watched as his brother barely cracked a smile and he snickered to himself. Ah he planned to have his brother in a good and laughing mood by the end of the day, if things all went well during dinner and all. Julien used to be so good at making his brother laugh. It had been years since he tried though and he wondered if he still had it in him. He was a riot at the schools because he always put on a good show for his students. Now he needed to find a new job where hopefully they appreciated his sense of humor as much as students did. "Come on inside, we have a lot of catching up to do." His toned arm lifted and he motioned for Amauri to follow him through the yard and towards his home. His very peaceful and fancy looking home. He hoped it impressed Amauri a little. He wanted his brother to be proud of him that even though he didn't last too long as an Auror, he still managed off well. His wife once worked too but once they had a decent income she was allowed to stay at home. Julien could only hope that New Zealand would be as good to them as the United States was. Finally the two men reached Julien's house and he allowed his brother to enter first before he closed the door and beckoned Amauri to take his shoes off. Then Julien proceeded into his Living Room where he sat himself down on the couch and was immediately greeted by a house elf asking if he wanted some tea or something to drink. They were so prompt and precise, he loved these creatures!

Julien asked nicely for some tea before the elf asked if Amauri wanted anything. Once the elf scurried off Julien made sure the fire was nice and cozy before he leaned back into the couch and relaxed. What brought him around these parts? What a good question! "Well I missed seeing my family, I missed seeing you, and I grew tired of teaching. I came here to look for new opportunities and hopefully a new exciting Career. But we'll see what happens!" Julien explained knowing fully well that he shouldn't count his chickens before they hatch. This place could end up more boring than the last ended up being so he just had to wait and see what the future held in store for him. Once positive he knew he already had was being able to catch up with his older brother and his nephew. Speaking of which where was his little nephew at? He hadn't seen Vincent since his younger teen years and he wanted to see how much that boy that grown up. Finally he decided against staying quiet and wanted to know what Amauri had been up to the last couple of years or so. "So what have you been up to the past couple of years? And where's Vincent at, I'm surprised he didn't come with you." Julien chuckled at his own response and took the cup of steaming hot tea when it was brought to him. He happily thanked the elf and put a small teaspoon of sugar into it as well as some milk before he took a long sip of it. Tea was the cure to any broken soul, well the good souls. He set the cup aside and waited to see how things had been for his brother. Julien knew Amauri will still probably missing Cyrille, but hopefully he had some form of fun every once and a great while. It was no use being lonely and sad all the time.​
<i>
</i>

Amauri was feeling not so awkward around his brother but that did not mean that he was going to suddenly be this cheerful guy that was playful like most Chevalier's in the family. Most of them were serious to a point, but they all were soft hearted people except Amauri. Amauri had always been the serious one, the one with the hard head that no one could really get through unless he did not feel the need or point to argue. Even Julien's small joke had the Auror rather nervous if he had come out late or not. Amauri glanced around the place before he muttered, "Um, was I really late?" Amauri was looking at Julien now with a rather confused yet serious look on his handsome features. Julien was a rather impatient person, and Amauri knew that but why he did not let that click in his mind at this time was a little strange. Amauri wondered how he ended up with a twin when it never really ran in the family. Perhaps on the father's side somewhat. He did not know any twins in his family at all, and he did not produce one either. Amauri only had one kid whereas Julien had three kids. Amauri wondered what that was like, and Julien also had his wife still too, which was what Amauri was wondering what it was like. Amauri was happy right now with his life, but he could be so much happier and he knew it, but did not know how to make it happen. Amauri followed through the yard when Julien said that they had a lot of catching up to do which he ultimately agreed on. They did have a lot to catch up on. Amauri would have to tell Julien that his oldest and only son was married. And he well, he was gaining friends as well. That was pretty much what was going on in his life which was not much at all unfortunately. He wanted more than just that but he was working on it. And he had to tell Julien about what that dream was anyway. He was so awkward about that dream, especially when it had everything to do with his co-worker, his former classmate for Merlin's sake. Amauri entered the home of Julien's and found it to be rather cozy like his own, which was cool and comforting for him.

Julien motioned for him to take off his shoes but Amauri raised an eyebrow to that. Why would he want to do that? Yet he would not question his brother's ways. He slipped off his shoes and was glad that he had his good white socks on. He set them neatly to the side, before he went into the living room and took a seat on the couch with Julien just on the opposite side. The elf asked Amauri if he wanted anything, and Amauri shook his head no. The Auror folded his arms across his chest and even though he was comfortable in his brother's house, he was still a little tense, and one could see that in his muscles. Amauri shifted his vivid blue eyes to the floor and he let out a silent sigh. He was still wondering what brought Julien around these areas. What about his kids? Well, one must have graduated by now. His eyes went over to Julien when he explained himself on what he was doing here. That was not too surprising really. He did not really stick around to being an Auror either. There was not too much family to see either. "There are plenty of opportunities here in New Zealand, Julien. I am sure that you can find something." Amauri was hoping that he could refrain from the subject of Cyrille because surely Julien knew by now that Amauri was over her death, but it still hurt like hell. Oh did it still hurt, but Amauri was ready to move on anyway. Amauri was asked on what he had been up to for the last few years and that Vincent was not here with him. Vincent was still in New Zealand which surprised Amauri because he thought that Vincent would take Alyssa back to France where Vincent loved, and was raised. Amauri cleared his throat and he said, "Well, I am still an Auror, and have actually arrested a Death Eater a while back. Poor kid, misguided. Vincent is actually married right now, and he is an Auror as well. He married Alphonse Snow's daughter, Alyssa in case you know her." Amauri did not like being related to that Death Eater Alphonse but he was dead now. "Alphonse is dead now, another Death Eater took him out, whom died a little while later. If they keep on, they will just keep us Aurors out of the job." Amauri shrugged his shoulders lazily, and wondered what his brother would have to say about that. He knew that Julien would know about Alphonse Snow.

Julien laughed when Amauri asked if he was really that late. His brother had never really changed from when they were younger. "I was kidding!" Julien snorted softly and a deep throaty laugh at his brother's question. Julien never got mad about something at silly as time. They had a lot of time and everyone seemed to be freaking about over there not being enough of it. That was what drove people mad. Thinking that they didn't have enough time when they had a lifetime of time to waste. If a person spent their entire life and still felt they didn't have enough time then they truly wasted their life and they should face their mistake. Julien doubted that Amauri would agree with him on this because the two brothers never agreed with really anything. Amauri was always cool, collected, and seemed to think deeply about anything he could think about. While Julien was warm, always laughing, and hated to think about anything too hard. They were twins but they were different in so many ways. Sometimes people confused them to be cousins or something because it was hard to believe that they were twins because they weren't identical for one and second it was hard for them to agree on anything. Not even girls because it appeared that they had different taste's on those too. Julien liked his girls fiery and not too adventurous because then it made him look more boring. The ones that were quiet but had an attitude, oh he loved those. His brother seemed to like really nice girls that had personalities to them, he seemed to dislike boring and bland girls. Later on Julien would have to see if his brother had found another girl in his life or if he was still alone. His brother looked like he needed to get laid or something. But would that be too rude to point out? "I suppose you are right Amauri, I just need to find a job that is interesting and thrilling. Maybe I'll become an Auror again...or in the Ministry. I'll think of something. I need to discuss all of this with Auror though." His wife knew he wanted to go back to work but he wondered how she would feel if he joined back up with the ranks of the Aurors and put his life back at risk again. He quit before because he was about to become a dad and he didn't want to go through with what Amauri went through with Cyrille. He was surprised that Vincent was still an Auror, then again that boy was probably fearless. For now anyways. When he had the chance to face the big baddies that boy would learn exactly why it was some people feared the older Death Eaters, they were some crazy bunch of people. It was frightening that such people existed in this world.

"Still an Auror? That doesn't surprise me, the younger Death Eaters are not much of a threat these days. Ever bump into one of the older ones?" Julien asked his brother. Trying to enlighten the fact that Amauri was lucky that a young one was what he had been dealing with. That he still had his life and he should be thankful that he did still have it and everything. Julien had seen people end up a lot less lucky than they both have ended up. Some of those people truly had no heart if they were willing to destroy so much and not even care about what they were doing. Sometimes Julien tried to remember the names and the faces of the few that he had encountered. But perhaps it was for the better than he didn't remember their names, it would leave him to pretend that perhaps he had never encountered such hateful beings. So Vincent was married now? It seemed like just yesterday that Julien remembered seeing that kid run around in diapers. It was sad and almost scary how they all grew up. His kids were still young but they were getting up there. His eldest was about to start school actually. A smirk rose to Julien's lips at his brother. "The little snot didn't even invite me to his wedding. I am proud of him though, it seems just yesterday he was a little boy talking about being just like his dad. But wow married....and to a Snow? How ironic. You and Alphonse used to joke all the time about becoming brother's and then your kids get married to one another. Is she anything like her father was?" Julien didn't know that Alphonse even had kids. But he remembered in school he was pretty fond of Alphonse. They grew apart once they graduated. It was weird to hear about a classmate he was close with being dead. "That doesn't surprise me, him being a Death Eater. The Snows...they are one of them families that are starved with greed and power. I heard in the end ol Alphonse lost his mind." Julien commented. His gaze lowering. It was another one of those things he didn't like to talk about. But he couldn't help it. Death surrounded people like him. Now Julien decided to change the subject onto a lighter topic. "So Amauri, you found yourself a nice lady friend yet? Or are you still grieving the past?" Julien winked. He hated how his brother seemed to be focus a lot on the past too, but that was something he could not change. The poor man had been through a lot within his life.​
<i>
</i>

Amauri was not really one to take to jokes. He was normally serious all the time, and never had time to the thoughts to really consider to kidding around and such. He did not really have the time to think about jokes and he never bothered playing along with them either. Amauri was an Auror, and that meant that he had a serious job, putting his life at risk for others. It was a good job, no doubt, but some did not take it as seriously as Amauri did. He just nodded when Julien told him that he was kidding, and Amauri made sure that he was truly not late. Yes, he was not late. Amauri did not think he was anyway. Amauri looked over at his brother and wondered how in the world they were twins. Amauri was just like, two minutes older than Julien if that. They were not too far apart, but they acted so differently. However that was because there was more going on than Amauri realized, and he was more depressed than he realized. It had affected his mind so much, he barely got out of the constant vacant and dreary mood that he was always in. Nothing really made him smile much anymore, and if he did, it was forced and lacking any emotion behind it. There was more going on his mind than anyone really realized. Amauri turned his cold, blue eyes over to Julien and there seemed to be something in there that was like a dull spark, but it went away as soon as it came. Julien thought about becoming an Auror again? That would be interesting, or working in the Ministry. Amauri just wondered what Aurora would think about it all. He remembered Aurora in school, always the glamorous one but nice too. He wondered where Aurora was right now anyway. Did Aurora want her husband back in the life of the Aurors? Amauri did not really know Aurora well, so he did not know how she would feel about it. "Well, I don't think she would object to it, but whatever you decide, if it has to be in the Aurors or Ministry, I'll put in a good word for you." They were brothers so he should be hired right on the spot. Amauri was very good when it came to hunting down those Dark Witches and Wizards as well as Death Eaters. Because of Amauri's lack of feeling, he did not really have to worry about others, he had walled himself in, a little too much apparently. Amauri just hoped that if Julien went back into the Auror business that he would be very careful because some of the Death Eaters were more ruthless nowadays than they were ten or fifteen years ago. That one that he killed out of self defense was one of those that one would need to be careful on. And he was still unaware that one Death Eater polyjuiced as him by knocking him out via pressure point.

Nodding, Amauri answered his question, and then he had to think about the one that he ran into, one of the older ones. "Some of them aren't. It is those that is around thirty and older and those that are from the wrong families you need to worry about. Well, I ran into Raisa Zhefarovich, the one that killed Cyrille. I took care of her even though when she was fatally wounded, she would not come with me to Saint Mungo's before I would arrest her. She literally died fighting. She was almost ten years older than me." Amauri did not know much on the Zhefarovich family, except that those that were in that family were rather big and looked sinister. However Amauri did not know that the Zhefarovich Family had a reputation over in Bulgaria of loving the Dark Arts, and just were famous elsewhere about their purity. Amauri did not remember the other older ones that he had run into, but he did not know many Death Eaters now anyway. If he did, then he would take them into custody. Not even with a second thought. They were murderers. Amauri looked over to Julien when he called Vincent a little snot, which he kind of was, so he did not argue with that. Amauri shrugged, "Well, I don't think he knew where you were at the time, or owned an owl. It was sudden. Too sudden in my opinion. I know we used to, and I don't like to think about him anymore. Alyssa is more like her mother I think, but I don't recall really meeting her mother. Unless her face is escaping me." Amauri did not really want to remember his old best friend, and he was dead now so it was kind of sad in a way, but Amauri did not dwell on it. It actually surprised Amauri to hear that Alphonse had lost his mind and then became a Death Eater, or was it the other way around? Amauri did not know. Amauri shrugged once more, "I think he did. And I guess it is true, but I don't really read up on families much." He was too focused on his work to worry about family and where some of those Death Eaters had come from. Amauri had other things to worry about, and had other things to do. And then he was asked the question that he did not think he would have an answer to. Amauri narrowed his eyes at his twin before shifting uncomfortably in his seat on the couch, "Neither. I know Cyrille would have wanted me to move on, but I just don't like anyone." Amauri shrugged as if he did not care about the subject, which he did not, but still. To him, he was right in the gray area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back