Broom Skating

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Hoshi came out to the quidditch pitch almost as soon as she was able to get back to school. It had been a fun holiday but now it was time to get to practicing. Sam had already agreed to do this but Knight they didn't get to talk to. Hoshi smiled though. The ground was icy but not icy enough that it would hurt badly if they fell. Hoshi started right way. It maybe the energy given off by her new orange-y hair. Well it looked orange inside. Right now it looked like someone had given copper the look of silk. Hoshi loved the new metallic flavor of her hair.

Hoshi put her firebolt on the ground and stood on it. Thanks to Ti-senpai her balence was all the better. Still she was sure that she was going to fall flat on her behind. That was why she had chosen to skater punk today and worn torn up jeans coupled with a fitted shirt and skater shoes that looked like they had seen better days. Hoshi pushed off the ground with her left foot making the broom rise a few inches. She started to move the broom left and right with her right foot. It was a little like surfing but it was also like skating. She was sure that there would come a point when she could go up higher than a few inches without fearing a fall that would make a bad injury but for now this was a safe hight.

Sam walked down to the quidditch pitch - his second home - with his emerald streak in his hand. His feet crushed the grass but there wasn't much of an icy cringle so at least it wasn't too icy. He looked up to see a girl with orange hair doing the trick. He was confused for a second but it all clicked together, Hoshi. "Hey Hoshi!" Sam called from the opposite side of the pitch, his voice reflecting from the quiet, dead stands. He watched her, the trick looked great, but it looked hard. He then walked over briskly to meet her.

Hoshi was about to turn sharply when she heard Sam coming and faceplaned sending slightly frozen grass and drops of water all over the place. "Hey Sam-kun." She yelled back as she picked herself up. She took off the worst of the grass off her shirt then went over to him her firebolt in her hand. "So come to learn some Broom Skating?" She asked with a wide grin. She wanted this to grow along with her reputation. The Weasleys had invented a whole new way of pranking so why couldn't she invent a whole new sport.

Sam nodded, "Indeed I have Hoshi and...orange? Since when?" Sam laughed, though he admired her bravery and everytime she changed her hair color she pulled it off brilliantly. "Is Knight coming?" he asked her, he hadn't managed to talk to him yet but he hoped he was coming at least then there would be another beginner at this.

Hoshi nodded. Hoshi ran a hand though her loose and very messy hair. "Since last week. I got tired of purple. Though if I keep going like this soon I will run out of colors and have to keep black. Oh well." She said shrugging. When she did infact run out of colors she intended to make an impact though her hair styles. "Knight-kun should be coming soon. I sent him an owl to meet up out here." She said smiling brightly. She was starting to think that her owl Niky was the best creature in the world along side her spider Modoki.

Scorpius had only just arrived back at the castle when there was an owl insistingly pecking at his dorm window. He opened it and grinned once he saw Hoshi's invitation, shaking his head slightly. That girl was nonstop energy. He threw his backpack on his bed, he'd unpack later, and grabbed his Sienna Storm, glad that he could use it again. Back in Ireland his mom hadn't let him.

He pulled the hood of his signature navy blue hoodie over his ruffled hair and ran down to the pitch with his broom in hand. He immediately saw his best friend Prince and had to do a double-take at the girl before he realized it was Hoshi. "Hey guys!" he said, his Irish accent ringing out against the cold air. Maybe he was just imagining things but he felt as if his accent had only gotten stronger with the time he spent back in Ireland.

Once he got close enough to them he gave Prince a half hug, half pat on the back and turned to Hoshi. "Orange?" he questioned, picking up a strand of her hair. He had definitely liked her purple hair best but Hoshi seemed to make any color look good. "I like it," he grinned before hugging her too. He had missed them while he was away. "So what're we doing?" he asked them, his grey eyes sparkling with excitement.

Hoshi hugged Knight back with a flirtish nuzzle at his cheek. "I know you like it. I make this look good when every other person would call Gin-ga!" She said placing her hands on her hips now and following the movement of her final word. Hoshi remembered why she had gotten a crush on this boy. That accent was to die for! Hoshi wished more than anything that she could get those old feelings back or at the very least had kept them but what happened with Henric Lee couldn't be helped. All she could do now was playfully flirt knowing that Knight knew her too well to take it seriosly.

Hoshi showed him her own broom and smiled. "Introducing Broom Skating! I know you know how to skateboard but I thought it would be cool if we could come up with something like it for a broom. We would start a few inches off the ground of course. So are you in?" She asked Knight with wide eyes. It would be so awesome if Knight and Sam where there to do this with her and with their hands not guiding the broom they would have them free to either drop stuff or make gestures with their hands.

"Broom skating?" he repeated with amusement on his face. He wrapped his mind around the thought. Well he knew how to skate, and he knew how to fly, surely putting the two together wouldn't be so hard...right? "I'm in," he said excitedly, glad that his hoodie was at least soft enough to pad the fall when he did fall. He looked over at his best friend wondering if he was up for the challenge as well.

Sam was glad to see Knight, he had missed his buddy over the break. "Have a nice Christmas?" Sam asked the both of them really. Then once Knight agreed to the broom skating lesson, Sam nodded excitedly, "So c'mon professor give us our first instruction!" Sam was ready for this, he was ready to learn something rare -and if it became big- he would be one of the first to have known it.

Hoshi shook her head. Why would she be called a teacher. Oh well. "First off it's like skating because I found out that you can take off with your feet you just have to be careful because you can faceplant if you do this." She said and put her broom on the ground. Hoshi one foot on the back while using her front foot to try and take off. The broom lifted but it sent her backwards. "So you always take off with the foot you put in the back." She said getting up and put her feet on the broom again. This time leaving her right foot in the front while taking off with the one she was going to put in the back. Hoshi lifted off about inch off the ground and was hovering there well.

Sam scratched his head, "Okay..?" he said still a bit unsure. He put his broom on the cold grass. He tried to take in all of her instructions, he put one foot on the broom and the other on the grass ready to kick off. "Is this right?" he asked, he may aswell be starting of right before failing miserably.

Hoshi nodded. "Now you have to be fast or you will end up falling. Come just take off. Or if you can't do it on the ground just take off like you would if you where going to fly then get try and stand up while in the air. I've done it like that too." She said balancing on her broom.

Scorpius listened to Hoshi explain and watched Prince try it out. He put his Sienna Storm down on the ground and put one foot on the ground, while the other was still on the ground ready to take off. He knew how this could've been like skateboarding but a brooms width was a lot thinner than the width of a skateboard. He decided to go ahead and kick off the ground with his other foot and quickly placed it on the end of his broom so he wouldn't fall foward right away.

Immediately his broom flew up into the air and he was lurched forward, but once he put his other foot at the end of the broom he leveled out. Unfortunately, that caused him to be whipped backward instead so he fell off his broom regardless. "Ouch," he said, as he fell on his back. He got up and shook his head, grabbing his broom once more ready to try it again.

"Gotcha." Sam said after listening to her advice. He then watched Knight do it, he was pretty good. Sam kicked off with a tiny kick then - as Knight did- quickly put that foot on the back of the broom. He hovered for just a few seconds then without thinking said, "Hey look I'm do--" His foot slipped off the thin spine of his broom causing him to slip off and like Knight fell flat onto the cold grass, his broom wasn't long to follow his lead.

Wiping himself off with a laugh he said, "I mean't to do that." That washis excuse for almost everything. "Okay Knight, your go!" he said happily wondering what his own next attmept will be like.

Hoshi urged her broom forward to see if her friends where Ok. She was just about there when she lost her balance and landed flat on her behind. "Ok see even I'm not too good at this yet but it's possible so we'll get there." She said with a wide smile on her face. She helped herself up then started got back up on her broom, standing up of course then waited for her two friends to get it so she could show then the side winder thing she had been doing.

Scorpius set his broom down on the ground once more with a determined look on his face, he was going to nail this. He had one foot on his broom already, trying his best to balance already, and kicked off the ground with the other, softer this time so he wouldn't be lurched forward. As soon as he felt his broom carry him upward, he placed his other foot on the broom, careful not to slam his foot down and lose his balance.

He hovered in midair for a while and his face formed a slow grin when he realized he was still hovering. "Hey I'm doing it!" he said as Prince had attempted to before he fell. Scorpius was actually successful enough to get the entire sentence out. "Now to guide myself somewhere," he challenged. Scorpius kept his knees bent and leaned forward so he could fly and almost instantly lost his balance and fell of sideways. He grumbled but thought at least he had managed to hover longer than the first time. "How do you navigate?" he asked Hoshi who was leading the two boys.

Hoshi watched from her possition on the broom and nodded. This was going to be smooth she could tell. Soon they would be owning the skys around here. "Front of the broom It's kinda like you would do when your sitting down only you don't have to move your front foot that much." She said then started to show them. She shifted her right foot ever so slightly making the broom go back and fouth. It was the side winder thing that she had first learined how to do. She got a few feet way from them before making the broom do a half turn and hovering back to them.

Sam watched Scorpius' next attmept, it was better than his first and his own. Then he asked Hoshi how he would navigate, Sam had never thought of that, he watched Hoshi show them and trying to take in as much as possible. Sam decided that he'd go next.

He put one foot on his broom and one on the ground kicking off as gently as last time he hovered slightly. But this time didn't say anything, his brows were furrowed in concentration. His broom was shaking, it reminded him of Wednesday's when she was learning. In his head he recalle dquickly what Hoshi had just shown them.

He moved his own foot forward moving up quickly, "Woah!" he said as he sped across the pitch, Sam tried not to panic and pushed the foot which was at the back of his broom down hard which caused the broom to stnad vertically, in result Sam fell off....again. He stood up and wiped himself off, turning to his friends he shrugged, it wasn't such a bad attmept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back