Broken

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
It had been such a peaceful couple of weeks, Leah had taken a step back from searching from her father and instead focused on formulating a plan of action. It was tiring to obsess over something that would take perhaps many more months to enact, and she was not even close to finding him. Obsessing over it would make her crazy, just like many others who had ventured to the dark side.

She would enjoy the night, for although it did happen to be humid, it was also nice to sit on the front steps watching the cars pass by. She found a strange comfort in being alone.

((Absolute crap post.))

Ioan Finch was a busy man these days, but he was actually rather enjoying the new developments in his life. He hadn't spoken with his sister in a while, which was rather odd for her. He had the feeling that it meant she had a boyfriend because that was usually the only time she went weeks on end without sending an owl or something. It was something he'd have to look into whenever he found some time. Things were going well in his home and his children were growing quickly, and thanks to his wife and himself, growing up just the way he wanted them to. He was also becoming increasingly busy with death eater business. That satisfied him as well because to him it meant that he was becoming a more trusted and respected member of the group. The mission that he'd been assigned was right up his alley and he knew that he would work hard to do the job well.

It had been a long while since Ioan had ventured to his old neighborhood, but something made him want to head there. With a quick crack, he apparated into an alley near the apartment building he'd lived in and stepped out, his boots making hardly a noise on the ground as he strode toward the front steps. A smirk crossed his face as he recognized the silhouette of the person sitting on the front stoop. "You know, I never took you for a person who just sat on the stoop, vrajitoare putin" he called out as he stepped towards her, his hands in the pockets of his black jeans.

Leah's thoughts were tossed away floating away along the breeze that had just swarmed around her person as soon as she heard the voice of Ioan Finch. She lifted her head up that had previously been resting upon her hand and gave him a dazzling smile. It had been a very long time since she had seen him, and now she realized how much she had missed him. "What brings you to the outskirts of Obsidian, Ioan?" His name rolled pleasantly off of her tongue.

He was still as handsome as she remembered, although it had not been long enough where his appearance should drastically change. He was a father now, but the stresses of being a dad and a Death Eater had not blemished the perfection that was Ioan Finch. Leah still felt a slight flutter of a crush, but it had faded somewhat like many of these things tend to do. He was a married man, and she knew for a fact that her chances to ever be with him were next to zero.

He shrugged his shoulders in reply, not really having a reason for being in this part of town. He looked down at Leah, remembering fondly the first time they'd met. She was still in school then, and he'd played around with her, quickly growing fond of the young girl who seemed to be destined to be a death eater. From then on, Ioan had always felt sort of protective over Leah, almost as protective of her as he was of Irene. It wasn't exactly the same though. His feelings for Leah were mostly platonic but he would be a liar if he didn't admit that there was something he found incredibly attractive about her. Not that he was planning on acting on it. Ioan was behaving himself these days, partly because he feared his wife discovering his ring glowing red for a second time and partly because he didn't have a reason to cheat. Everything he needed was at home. "Thought I'd see how you were doing. It's been a while" he said easily as he leaned on the banister.

It had been months since he'd seen her actually. They'd both been at the death eater meeting and Leah had been surrounded by a crowd of new, young death eaters. Obviously, they appreciated her beauty as much as he did, or she was working with them in some way. He didn't know because aside from Leah and Link, Ioan didn't know any of the other younger death eaters and judging by the amount of chatter he'd heard from their direction, he didn't really want to. "How are things?" he asked, wondering what she had been up to in the past few months.

Liar. Leah thought as he quickly excused his presence as a reason to visit her. Or perhaps he was telling the truth, but she wondered why he was really here. They had grown somewhat apart, no longer confiding in each other as they had prior. If he had some sort of mission, why would he tell a young Death Eater in training? Regardless, he was here, and she was very pleased to see him. "I'm doing well. My job at The Silver Snake is fulfilling, and I'm happy. What about you?" Leah was curious how he liked the family life. Although Ioan was a Death Eater, he was not entirely cold hearted as most. He cared, and allowed his heart to love. His intelligence and wisdom allowed him to keep his family safe, but also to please the Death Eater leaders with his skill in completing missions successfully. It was something to be admired, and Leah aspired to become like him one day.

The meeting had been the last time she had seen him. They had acknowledged one another, but had simply left it at that. It was disappointing, but she had accepted it, for it would not do to whine about not being paid attention to. He could not be seen hanging around young and obnoxious Death Eaters, and Leah wished she could have changed who she had been seen with. She did not wish to have her name attached to that particular group, for it would seem that she was exactly like them.

Ioan listened as Leah spoke. It was good to hear that she was doing well and even happy. He knew that she would do what she needed to in order to take care of herself when he moved out. Leah was a strong woman- determined and hard-working- two things that also made him sure that she would end up a respected death eater. When she asked how he was, Ioan was about to shrug and downplay everything, much like he did with most other people, but with Leah he had never done that and didn't plan on starting now. He trusted her and hoped that it would not come back to bite him one day. He didn't think so, but it was hard to be sure sometimes.

"Things have been good with me too. You know what they say: happy wife, happy life, and the kids are good too, growing fast" he said, an actual smile crossing his face. He knew it was a cheesy thing to say but he wasn't too worried. He was still much more bad a$$ than most guys. "And work is good too" he added, his smile turning slightly more cruel. He couldn't get into any specifics with Leah but she was at the meeting where he'd been chosen, so she knew a bit about the work he was doing.

Leah listened, paying complete attention to Ioan. His voice still had that deep and very sexual drawl about it that made women flock to him like birds. She was glad he was happy, but the jealousy of never being able to get what she wanted, whilst his wife did, made her frown just a bit. I can't be like that. It was obsessive, and weird for her to think that way about a married man, especially one who seemed not in the least interested in her. She wold let it go, and let the remainder of the crush fade away.

"Congratulations, for being chosen." She said, changing her mindset completely. "It would be unwise to speak of such confidential things out here... would you like to come inside?" Leah wondered if he would tell her a few things about the task he had been given, but she somewhat doubted that. It really was not her place to know, or even ask. But, they were not limited to speak of only Death Eater related things. They could talk about his family, and many other interests that they shared.

Ioan watched Leah as he spoke and began to rethink the thought that she had gotten over her crush on him. He knew that she liked him of course and several years ago the feeling had been thisclose to mutual. Her age had always held him back though because although he did practically any reasonably attractive woman, he always stopped himself if they weren't at least of age. There were always plenty of women who were of age who were willing to take care of him. Now, she was old enough but Ioan was in the middle of his longest spell of monogamy ever. It was a simple case of bad timing for Leah. The old Ioan wouldn't have thought twice about bedding another woman because the old Ioan wouldn't have been tied down. With two kids and a woman who kept him on his toes, things were quite different for the twenty-seven year old. He hadn't been with another since he'd found out that Adrianne was pregnant with Alana. "Thank you Leah" he said easily.

If anyone else had invited him inside, Ioan likely would have declined, but to Leah, he quickly nodded his head. "You're right of course, but there isn't much more to say anyway" he said, rounding the banister and pushing the door open. He wasn't doing it to simply be a gentleman. It was more so he could check the place out and make sure neither of them was being ambushed. Being a death eater was a dangerous career option and one could never be too vigilant. When his eyes caught no sign of movement, he relaxed slightly and waited for Leah to enter.

Leah nodded, feeling somewhat snubbed. She always felt that Ioan saw her as a little girl, when in fact she was not. She hoped he would tell her if something was bothering him, but she wouldn't ask. He accepted her invitation and even scoped the place out to make sure they would both be safe. "Thank you." Leah said, wanting him to know that she noticed that large act of kindness.

The entered the apartment, and Leah went to take a seat on the couch. "I'm still so grateful you've allowed me to live here. Just tell me if you ever need it, and I'll find other accommodations."

Ioan entered his old apartment and looked around, pleased that much of it had been kept the same. He sat down on the sofa beside Leah, taking his jacket off to reveal a plain black t-shirt underneath. His death eater tattoo was not disillusioned so it was easily visible on his left forearm. Leah already knew it was there, so there was really no need for him to hide it. He made himself comfortable, putting his legs up on her coffee table, his legs crossed at the ankles. It was what he had done when he used to live there. "I have no intentions of kicking you out or asking you to move" he chuckled as he shook his head. He didn't know why she kept thinking that he was simply loaning her his apartment. He'd given it to her on the condition that she would help him if he ever needed it one day, and today he was thinking of cashing in on some of that help.

"What do you think of this whole election?" he asked as he put his hands behind his head. He was following it closely only because he had to, not because he found it interesting. Many of the politicians were saying a lot but he had the feeling that they would not be able to do the hard work necessary to execute any of their plans. It was all just a bunch of talk with no action.

Ioan had always been such a great friend to her, she would always be grateful for helping her get off the streets. He had even brought food for a while until she got a job and was able to supply it herself. He had no reason to do so, but it was that kindness that made her want to pay him back. "That means a lot." She replied, smiling.

When Ioan thought about the election, Leah pondered this for a moment. She was somewhat rooting for Thomas Hensel. He was very handsome, but also she respected his pureblood ideals. It was the only candidate she had paid attention too. She had yet to see the others ones. "It is getting very intense. To be honest, I'm somewhat jealous that I was not chosen for anything. It is probably for the best, though. I am still a greenhorn." She shrugged. "I just hope someone that we get someone that has the same ideals as we do."

Ioan listened to Leah and nodded his head. He knew that she was probably wanting to do something to support the death eaters in this mission, but for this particular one, less was probably more. The more people involved, the more likely it was that someone could slip up. "I'm sure there will be something for you to do soon. You're one of the youngest women in the group, and considering how few women there are at all, it must mean that you have lots of potential." He also happened to think that she was smarter and more responsible than other death eaters her age. He didn't know the others but he did know Link, who he thought was a detonating time bomb. Most of the other young death eaters probably were as well, thinking that there was some advantage to being hotheads. Ioan knew he was one to talk since he was a hothead himself, but his temper had been tempered somewhat by his newfound responsibility.

"Our candidate will have no choice but to follow our ideals" he smirked. The person wouldn't have much of a choice. He couldn't speak much about it all so he changed the subject. With a soft sigh, he sat up. "I do have something to ask you Leah..." he trailed off, trying to consider his words. He wasn't entirely sure how Leah would take his request even though it was fairly harmless.

Leah was glad she had voiced her opinions to Ioan. She did feel somewhat foolish for complaining about it, but she knew that Ioan would understand for he had been in that position before. A young and new Death Eater, not being chosen for missions or not being trusted with anything but perhaps a little guard duty. It was refreshing to have an older Death Eater to speak to. "Of course. And thank you." She agreed, feeling flattered at his compliment. "It takes time, but I am just impatient to take part in all of the action."

Leah smiled as he commented about how the candidate would have no choice to follow their ideals. She had an inkling of understanding but since she was not privy to all of the details she decided against asking. "What is it?" Her curiosity perked up as he stated he needed to ask her something.

Ioan knew that Leah was a smart girl, so when she didn't ask any questions about what he'd said he was not surprised. She could probably reason it out for herself. That's why he enjoyed speaking with her so much. She didn't waste time asking stupid questions. When she asked what he wanted, Ioan paused for a moment. When he'd read about Alexis's death in the paper earlier in the week, it had made him think about a lot things. He wasn't close to his cousin Izaak at all and likely never would be but he couldn't help but feel some measure of pity for the man. He could only imagine what the man must be feeling. "I was wondering how you would feel about being the godmother for Alana... and Lorin?" he asked nervously because he knew Leah wasn't exactly fond of children. But, he wanted to know they'd be taken care of and brought up correctly should something happen to him and Adrianne. He couldn't trust his sister and certainly not his muggle loving cousins to raise them with the right beliefs.

Leah waited, looking at him expectantly entirely curious as to what he would request of her. She had always wanted to make up for crashing at his apartment, and was hoping that he was becqueathing her some sort of dark and dangerous mission that he was somehow unable to complete. It was a childs daydream, perhaps but she entertained the thought nevertheless.

What Ioan did ask her, however, was incredibly shocking. He was asking her to do something so personal and incredible. Only someone who trusted another would ask of them to be a God Parent. Leah had been unaware that Ioan felt that much trust and respect that he would trust his two children with her if something ever happened to either of them. She had to think about it for a minute, before answering. She was not very fond of children, and Ashton was already in her care. If Ioan and his wife were to be killed tomorrow, she would be taking care of a teenager, a toddler and an infant. Could she do it?

"Of course. If something were to happen, I would gladly take them into my care and raise them up to be true users of the dark arts."

Ioan sat back and merely glanced at her as he waited for her answer. He had no plans of pressuring her, begging her or anything like that. If she said no, that would be that and he would resume conversation as if nothing had happened. What he was asking was no small thing, not in his mind anyway especially since it wasn't something he would ask simply anyone. There was only a small amount of people, enough to not even fill one hand, that he would even consider thinking about asking, and Leah topped that list.

When she spoke, Ioan nodded his head. She had said exactly what he hoped she would, down to the word. Now, he knew that should something befall him and Adrianne, his children would continue to be raised as they were being raised now. There would be no muggle-loving going on in his household ever. "Thank you Leah, that is exactly what I wanted to hear" he said, a smile crossing his face and blue-green eyes for a moment. Sitting back, at ease once again, he casually asked, "Now, is there anything I can do for you?"

Ioan seemed very pleased with her answered and confirmed it when he spoke. "Good, I am glad you approve. Your children would be well taken care of. They would never lack for anything." She hoped that nothing bad would ever befall the Finch family. She would be heartbroken if he were to die for he had been a large impact on her decision to join the Death Eaters. If she had no one else to talk to, Ioan had always been there for her. She could nothing but accept the responsibility of taking care of his children. It was her duty as a loyal friend and fellow Death Eater.

"You've done so much for me already." Leah replied seriously. At this point even if she did need something, she still felt as if she owed him the world.

Ioan sat back again, glad to have gotten that bit of conversation over with. Hearing the news of the death of his cousin's fiancee had bothered him more than he would ever admit to anyone. It reminded him how fragile everyone was and with so many people depending on him now, Ioan was beginning think through his actions more rather than act on impulse. He nodded his head to what she said, acknowledging her words once more. "This apartment would have gone to waste if you hadn't taken it" he said with a shrug.

"I gather you've had no new news about your father then?" he asked casually, switching gears from talking about those he loved to speaking about who Leah hated. He knew quite well how long Leah had been searching for the man and couldn't believe he had proven to be so elusive. He was always curious to hear her progress on the matter. Ever since the day he'd accompanied her to her father's old home, he'd developed a vested interest in the outcome.

Leah could believe him. It was strange but she had never actually seen where he lived. He had always come to visit her, or they had arranged a meeting between the two in another place, but he had never shown her his home. She was curious to whether it was because of his lovely wife that he would not show her. It made sense, being that his wife happened to be another dangerous Death Eater. A more experienced one at that. She was sure to know of Leah's little crush and completely annihilate her if she spotted the young woman making herself at home at their residence. "I have not met your newest child." Leah reminded him. She was suddenly interested in meeting his daughter and seeing his son again.

"I have, actually. He recently held a job in England but was just fired. I am unsure of why, because I only asked a co worker, and they are not at liberty to know any of the details. It's funny, he has held that job for six years, and he's been under my knows the entire time. I only just a few weeks ago decided to check places of employment." It should have been the first thing to do. Leah felt a little stupid for not realizing that fact. "I'm taking a bit of a break from it. I've gotten too...how you say...obsessed. I want my thoughts to be crystal clear when I slaughter than son of a b!tch."

"Hmm..." he said, realizing that she was exactly right. It had been a while since he'd seen Leah though so her having not seen the kids was not so strange. Since he didn't carry any pictures of his family around for fear of them being seen if he was captured, Ioan couldn't show her what Alana looked like. "She's the spitting image of her mother, eyes and all" he drawled. The girl was like her mother in more than just physical ways. Already, she knew how to get him to do what she wanted and she had already begun to bite anything that came too close, poor Lorin being her preferred victim. "I'll bring them both over one of these days" he shrugged.

Ioan's eyebrow raised up as he listened to Leah speak about her father. It must have annoyed her to no end to discover the man was so close. He was surprised that she hadn't checked places of employment, and hadn't bothered to suggest it because of how obvious it was. He wasn't going to point it out though since he was sure she'd never allow it to happen again. "You're probably right. It will give you a chance to step back and come up with a sound plan" he reasoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back