Broken Thoughts

Blair Petrescu

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Obsidian Harbor had lingered in between the on coming traffic of the high street shoppers, as they dodged in and out of the crowd to reach their destination. The shop window glittering with dirt from the constant smudges of hands and faces. But still there advertising stage mesmerized the passers by. It only took a split second for another to reach the door, bell sounding out: yet another welcomed guest. While the shopkeeper's eyes danced in awe waiting for the wealth to ride straight into her open palm.Outside it was a very different world, the concrete clashing with the steady beats of heavy loaded strangers. No one had seemed to notice the sun's birth into the sky, the orange of it's glow sinking into the blue depths.The air was clear of all clouds and annoyances that might take place.

Blair's fingers fumbled eagerly into the shadowed jacket pockets, the leather battering against her under layers. She searched frantically in each corner of the opening. Finally her mind was set to rest, fiddling with the item she had released from the darkness. Her dark fingers brought the small object to her brown eyes, the bench beneath her feeling less uncomfortable.

Blair sat in the middle of the over run streets. The wave of people subsiding as they came closer to the set of wooden benches that had been placed in a central park area. The flowers had wilted from there once attractive stems,while the moisture slowly evaporate in the suns rays. Her body had it's own protection from the ultraviolet, but unfortunately it wasn't of her design. There was a slight delight etched in his defined features, her ears ignoring the shouts and noise around her. For once her only concentration was dependent on the flaming red whistle that twisted in her fingertips. Something so basic meant so much to her.

Sam was strolling around Obsidian Harbour when he noticed a familiar face sitting on a bench. It was Blair. Sam walked over to her. "Hey Blair." he said happily. "Long time no see eh?" he said as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Can I join you?" he asked. He was looking forward to catching up with Blair.

Blair turned around when she heard a name being mentioned. "Hey Sam!" she said excitedly. "Yes, its been a long time. Maybe you've just been hiding from me," she said with a grin. "So Sam, how have you been old guy?" Blair asked enthusiastically. she really did miss her friend.

"No I think I've just been looking to hard." he grinned. "I've been good. I managed finishing my shopping. Which is a plus. How have you been Blair?" he really had missed her.

Blair burts into a fit of giggles. "I'm great too, i made a new friends including some princess from Korea, and i managed to finish my shopping and also run the Apothecary," she said thoughtfully. "Me and my older sister were practically going crazy running the business," she added.

"Yeah, I met her too. Shes nice ain't she." he enjoyed her company very much. "Now that is impressive. Running the Apothecary is swe-eet." he said giving her a hi-5. "Good on ya." he laughed.

"Hyo-rin's cute, heard some boys have a crush on her," Blair answered. "It was crazy. And the First Years come in batches, and Me and Bianca had to run around the shop non-stop!" she explained with a luaug. "We're thinking or getting student assistants though, although Hyo-rin has been helping us sell the cauldrons too, since she likes walking around Obsidian Harbor," Blair added.

"Well I have a free pair of hands if you want." he winked. Living with his uncle was uber boring. "Well at least your getting business. Its better than just sitting there." he smiled. "It'll all calm down once school starts" he added.

Blair nodded. "You should come and help, and you'll get paid, so no worries," she answered. "So, how's you with the ladies now? Any girl now?" she asked.

Sam smiled slightly embarrassed. "I'm not sure if you know her, but Toni Addison?" he asked hoping she wasn't one of these girls who dispised her. "What about you Blair?" he asked her raising an eyebrow.

"Well, i don't know her. But she must be a great girl since she's dating you," Blair answered with a small smile. "Me? At the moment i'm giving dating a no, i have more importhings in my life right now, but there's this boy i quite like though. He's name is Henric," she said quietly.

Sam smiled at Blairs comment he said, "thanks" but it wasn't that audible. Sam nodded in understanding he could see were she was coming from, "Ah Henric." He said casually, he was surprised she would like someone of Henrics sort, "mysterious sort of fellow?" he said remebering trying to hold a conversation with him. "Though when he plays the flute thing, its pretty wickid." he laughed.

Blair laughed. "That's what made me like him, he's really mysterious i must say. I heard he made many enemies already," she added with a grin.

"Yeah I know a lot of them aswell. I know he is not my enemy. But I don't think he preticulary likes me either. I'm thinking he kinda just picks his friends and there they ones he allow to get close." WHta kind of close, he didn't know. "Your might just be one of the lucky ones." he added with a smile.

Blair laughed. "He hasn't talked to me before. But i heard Hyo-rin's close to him. They seem to be really close, she said she sees herself in him, someone trapped in world," Blair explained. "So how's Tony? How does she look like?" Blair asked.

"Oh. Isee. Yeah I actually could imagine them both getting along." he said. "Oh Toni well shes really pretty, she has long blonde hair and these eys that just--" he stopped talking then. "Well, not a lot of girls like her. I don't understand. Maybe you might meet her sometime. Yeah?" he asked, he'd loved if Blair and Toni were friends. "Hey weren't you with that Owen guy. Hes got spattergroit. Jenn told me." he said to her.

Blair laughed. "Me and Owen? We were just good friends from the very beginning and he's my best guy friend last time. And yeah, he's sick," she replied with a sigh. "But now my best guy friends are Ezekiel Hamilton and Beau Hurley? Both are from Slytherin, interestingly. Do you know both or either of them?" Blair asked. "I can't wait to meet Tony. I bet's she a great girl," Blair added enthusiastically.

"Oh right." he said. "I've met Beau. But I don't think he likes me much because I'm..a 'Puff." he sighed. "I haven't met Ezekiel though I have heard of him." From Jenn of coarse. He wanted to know what he was like, "So..erm..Whats Ezekiel like." he asked her casually. "Yeah Toni is great, well since you know a good few Slytherins I'm sure you'll see her around with one of them at least." he said hopefully.

Blair sighed. "Beau doesn't seem to like anyone who aren't Slytherins. He didn't like Jenna too. But oddly, we're best friends and he didn't mind me being a Gryffindor, he said i was as cool as a Slytherin," Blair explained. "I bet i will meet her, when i hang out with the Slytherins," Blair added with a small smile. "Oh, Jenna told you about Ezekiel? They must be good friends i guess," Blair answered. "And Ezekiel's close to Hyo-rin too. You know what? Hyo-rin seems to be close to everyone i know, but i like her like that. Maybe because she's so friendly," Blair added.

"Yeah, there going out." Sam said to her. "Well thats what Jenn told me." he said thinking about that time in the Hogs Head. "She is just a really lovable person. I don't know how you can't not be friends with her." he said honestly.

Blair looked at Sam in utmost surprise. "They are?!?" she asked, almost jumping. "I just met him yesterday for some ice-cream and he told me he was single, this is awkward," she said with a sigh. "And yeah, she is. Very cute too!" Blair replied with a grin.

"Hmm...I wonder whats going on then?" he wondered, he definitely didn't want Jenn to be hurt. "Best not to meddle." he said slowly. "I'm sure boys will be chasing her." He laughed, though he just saw her as a friend.

Blair nodded. "Me too, and i thought you and Jenna had a thing once?" she asked.

"Yeah it was just a one date thing though." He said. They didn't want anything too serious. "But were still best friends now. So it worked out for the best." he softly replied.

"That's great to hear," Blair responded. "So, excited about going to Hogwarts?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back