OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya was having a rough time. Baron was getting on her nerves, she still hadn't spoken to Abian, and she had felt really vulnerable since the fight. She slipped away to the abandoned classroom, relieved it was... well, abandoned. She had brought along a small radio, even if the quality of the music wasn't as good, a bit staticy and not loud enough for a proper dance number. She didn't care though, she needed the escape.

She let the music wash over her for a bit, dancing like no one was watching. But the music got to her, a bit more than she intended, and when a particular bit started, bright and upbeat and everything she associated with Abian, she stilled, biting her lip as her composure crumbled. She stepped back, leaning against the wall before sliding down it. She started to cry, pulling her knees up to her chest and burying her face in her arms.

Kace lingers in the middle of the staircase as they shift to the other side of the hall. He bend his knees facing the steps above him, calculating his timing to make a jump for the bottom. Once the staircase comes to a complete halt, the teen smoothly put his plan in action. He repeated that several times, rather impressed that he could still execute such a trick. Longer limbs didn't disable the dancer for being able to jump sky high during a routine.

It did make him quite tired though, Kace went looking for somewhere to rest his knees for a little bit. He happens to find his way to the old abandoned classroom, a place where he sometimes practice dance routines with his girlfriend. The very one who was already occupying the space. The teen frowns running over to a crying Amaya. "Aye, shorty what's wrong?" He asked rightfully concern like any normal boyfriend would be. "Tell me what's wrong, Amaya."

Amaya was startled to hear Kaces voice, glancing up to see the Gryffindor. She bit her lip, leaning forward and laying her head on his shoulder. "I fought with Abian." She told him simply. "He's so mad at me." She laid her hand on Kaces chest, feeling awful. "I wish I was better with people, I don't know how to fix it..." She admitted quietly.

He repress from reacting from hearing the name, only looping his arm around her back. "Oh," Kace sounding indifferent, he didn't like Abian. The dude didn't know how to mind his own business. He really knows how to get under Kace's skin. "So what? You don't need him. The kid doesn't know when to shut up," Kace points out, not holding back like he had tried to and there was no point in trying making his feelings known to his girlfriend.

Amaya groaned, frustrated. She stood, moving away from Kace. "You don't get it, Kace. He's my best friend." She ran her hands through her hair. "He was the one that always had my back. He was the one I told when I started to like you, he was the one I turned to when I was upset about you liking Alexis. He knows everything about me. He knew when we started the dance lessons, he knew how confused I was when things went sideways with Baron, and he was the one that had my back when you ditched me."

She sighed, frustrated. "I didn't want to get in the middle, I don't want to pick sides, but dang it Kace, I can't have the two most important people in my life hating each other." She swiped at her wet cheeks, turning to face Kace with her arms folded over her chest. "Yes, he shouldn't have confronted you the way he did. But he's my best friend, and he was only worried for me. He doesn't know you the way I do. All he knows is the heartache and the broken promises, and the angry boy that tried to hurt him for caring. You know why we fought? Because he's worried that the angry Kace is the only Kace and he's afraid you're going to hurt me. I can't combat it because you've never spoken to him any other time. I don't know what to do, and it doesn't help that every time I try to fix it, your brother is there making it worse."

She sighed, shoulders slumping. "I hate this entire situation. I hate that you're both angry at each other and I hate that he's angry at me. I'm not good with people, I don't know how to make this right," She stared at her feet, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

Kace stepped back once Amaya aired it all out. All of it, she didn't stop to one specific problem. She described many and had Kace feeling lower than dirt. Lower than dirt, whatever that's underneath dirt he felt like that. He went to shock to angry, the muscles in his jaw tighten. "Then why are you with me then? Then why did you agree to go out with me? If I'm such a problem, if I'm a bad dude, then why are you with me Amaya? That makes no sense!" Kace didn't get it. If he so awful, if he is so terrible then why did she agreed to date him? "I must not be so important if you have a problem with me the first thing you do is run to him or anyone, except me," he tapped on his chest furiously. "How do you think that makes me feel? If you can't talk to me then what's the point," Kace shook his head. He turned away from Amaya heading out. He's heard enough. "Whatever, man. I'm outta here."

Amaya's eyes widened and she darted in front of Kace, trying to stop him. "What, no no no, Kace, please, I'm sorry, I'm trying to talk to you now, please, just listen," she panicked. "I'm no good at this, I'm not good with people. I'm sorry I never came to you before, I'm just- I'm so scared, Kace, I-" she sighed. "I didn't come to you before because I was worried what you would think of me. I know it isn't... cool, or anything, I know I'm the oldest and I should know what I'm doing, but I have no idea. Abian is- was my only friend, I went to him because I wanted you to like me, but I didn't know how to do that, how to make you notice me, and he listened. He just- he doesn't know you the way I do." She bit her lip, letting herself be completely vulnerable for perhaps the first time.

"I'm with you because you're sweet, and bright, and you have this energy that just- draws me in, I've just always wanted to be near you, you're smart, and straight forward, and I just, I love-" she paused a moment, blushing, it was too soon to say that, and not in the middle of a fight, "I love everything about you," she amended instead, unable to help that she was crying again, stepping back and wiping a hand over her eyes. She looked away, wrapping an arm around her torso. "You're an amazing guy, I know it was a mistake not to come to you before," she bit her lip. "I just- I was trying to impress you, and with everything that was going on in your life, I was worried that if- that if I didn't say or do the right thing, if I added more trouble, you would just... not want to be around me anymore. I just don't know how to make him understand,"

She tried to swallow past the lump in her throat, glancing up at him. "I don't know if I'm being too honest, I don't- I don't want to upset you, I've never wanted that, I..." she bit her lip, shoulders slumping and staring at the floor in defeat. She wanted to say it, but it stuck in her throat, what if he didn't say it back? "I just want us to be okay. I've ruined things with my friend and I'm scared I'll lose you," she admitted softly.

Kace is forced to stop once Amaya jumps in the way. He distance himself a few steps back allowing her to say more terrible, awful things about him. What else did she had to say? He granted her the chance. It was now or never. He shook his head, rubbing his palm over his forehead. "I don't believe that. If you can talk to me all those other times about writing all the other stuff, why couldn't you just be honest with me then? I understand he's your friend and all, but we were friends too before this, Amaya," Kace rebuttal. Truth be told, they were different. And Kace knows he's not exactly the easiest to talk to...He sighs, his dad would be disappointed. Not that he actually cares what the older wizard thinks, the man kept him from knowing about Baron. And for what? Stupid sh!t arrangement that didn't exactly pan out once Baron transferred over to his school.

The Gryffindor stiffen when she hugs him, then softens up hearing her cries. Since he's becoming more self aware, he thinks she's needs to be a little more self aware of the things she says or don't say in this case. "No, you don't Amaya. That's impossible to like everything about me when you're crying about some of those things," he points out with a sigh. "Listen, some of those bad things you say is true, if we're keeping it real here," he pulls her off the ground and hugs her in. "How about instead of worrying about everyone else, you worry about Amaya for once? Maybe talk to one of the professors or someone that's not Abian or me..." he suggested. The way she was crying and unsure about herself made him concern over his girlfriend. Yes, his girlfriend...

"I was dealing with a lot when I found about Baron...and I thank you for trying to be there for me...but time is what was needed. Y'know? Not everything can be fixed so easily...which is why I think you should talk to Professor Weasley. I don't think Styxs will know what to say to you. Can you imagine him? Dude, gives me some serial killer vibes," Kace cracks a smile. "Can you do that, please? I hate to see you cry...I do care about you...I do..."

Amaya sighed. "Because I've always liked you, Kace. From the beginning. I tried to ignore it for a while, but I just... Couldn't help myself." She admitted quietly.

She was surprised when he pulled her into a hug, but quickly relaxed against him. "I... I don't know..." She bit her lip, focusing on calming down. "I'm sorry," she managed softly. "I'm sorry I'm such a mess." She pulled back a little, wiping at her tear stained cheeks with her sleeves.

She unthinkingly gripped the edge of Kaces shirt, laughing a little, even if it sounded a bit strained. "This isn't really Michaels behaviour," she murmured, straightening her shoulders. "A lady doesn't cry outside of her room," she repeated softly, giving him a shaky smile. "I'm okay, I promise." She bit her lip, stepping forward and leaning her head on his shoulder. "I care about you too, Tarzan," she teased softly.

Kace takes one of her hand gently, slipping his fingers to intertwine with hers. "I had a feeling, and I was waiting...Kinda of," he admitted to Amaya. "And yes, I liked Alexis. But if we're being serious I'm way out of her league and it was just a dumb crush on a much older girl," he grins, shrugging. "Not that serious."

"Aren't we all?"
Kace wipes her way a tear, smiling sadly. He's worried, more worried as she admitted that to him. "I really think you should talk to Professor Kingsley," he repeats himself again. "It will do you good, like if Jenny was around she'd tell me to stop acting like a bonehead," Kace chuckles, thinking of his 'stepmom'. It's the first time he's brought her up, that should mean he was missing Jenny. "Listen, some Michaels have to branch out. Especially you, Miss Storyteller."

Amaya laughed lightly. "Are you trying to make me feel better? I still think Alexis was cooler than me," She teased lightly, running her thumb over his. "And if you're out of her league, where's that leave me?"

She smiled softly, leaning into his touch. "I'll talk to my great uncle Chal, how's that?" She compromised instead. She leaned her head on his shoulder. "Jenny?" She asked. He hadn't told her much about a Jenny. His older sister maybe? She'd have to be Embers age, then. She laughed a little. "I'm already branching out. You should have seen my grandmother's face when I told her I was dating a new yorker," She teased, looking up and brushing his hair back.

Kace rolled his eyes, not being that serious. "Yeah, yeah. She cool and all, but you're you. And that means I like you. I don't know, we just go together, like peanut butter and jelly. Cheese and crackers, um, yeah. Not everything has to be explained, you feel me?" Kace smiles genuinely, her fingers were soft to the touch. Every time he's with Amaya, he just wants to hug and not let her go. That's how she made him feel when they weren't in disagreement of something.

"That's okay, yeah. Do that," he wasn't sure if that would help her. He preferred Professor Weasley, though, he trust that she knows what she was doing. "Jenny, she from New York, she actually went to Ilvermorny, she is cool. You would like her," Kace nods, and the laughs. "Oh yeah? I bet she wasn't expecting ya to meet one."

Amaya chuckled. "Yeah, but its cute to see you try," she teased lightly. "I'm a romantic, Kace. I like it when you're sweet." She smiled, glad that he soon agreed to her talking to her uncle. "You should meet uncle Chal, he's fun." She told him.

She listened as he talked about Jenny, nodding. "You should introduce us then," she squeezed his hand, curious about the other girl. She chuckled at his last statement. "Yeah... But I'm glad I did." She brushed her fingers over his cheek, hesitating a second before standing on tiptoe and pressing her lips gently to his. After a few moments she pulled back, smiling shyly at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back