Brokded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick heard a voice call from the hospital wing and laying down his quill and parchment walked outside. He saw a small boy standing there and walked over to him.

"hello, how can I be of assistance?" he asked him.

Vydráel shifted his wrist so it wouldn't bend too much. Moving it with his good hand and twisting it slightly to show the damage. "I uh, went flying and hit the ground a little hard." Giving the man a weak smile. "Doesn't hurt though."

Violet, who had quietly followed Vydráel in to the Hospital Wing, to make sure he was okay, reddened as he explained what happened, and blurted out, "I'm really sorry, sir! It's my fault, I used 'stupefy' on him and he wasn't ready." She bit her lip, blushing profusely.

Vydráel turned his head to Violet. "I'm not mad, I should have paid attention. Not your fault." He almost barked at her, giving her a half hug with his free hand and laughing as he noticed his bad wrist bending at an impossible angle

Patrick shook his head smiling at the boy. Would these children ever learn, he thought to himself. He turned to the boy and said;
"Right over there to the stool by the large table".

Patrick scrunched the bridge of his nose wearily with his fingers, this was some busy hospital wing he mused.

Vydráel moved to the stool, sitting down and placing the hand on the table. "You know, i kinda wish i could do that with my hand normally." he said with a lopsided grin.

Patrick smiled at the boys comment, remembering he had once been so reckless and careless. He held the boys hand in his own and with this other hand slowly checked the boys wrist. It was beginning to bruise and swell already. His fingers were beginning to stiffen as well.

"Well you've done a fine job of breaking it" he smiled, going to the medicine cabinet.

"I am going to have to do two things here", he said returning with two bottles.

"One, I will heal the bone but as it is a bad break it will need time for these bones to set right. Skele-gro is really good but when the break is severe and in a wrist which has many small bones, chances cannot be taken. So I will have to put your wrist in a cast". Patrick told the boy.

Vydráel nodded his head. "It's not a big thing, I'm left handed with everything but guitar." He glanced over at Violet. "He just paid you a compliment Violet." he giggled for a few seconds. "Need me to do anything?"

Violet blushed, her eyes firmly locked on the floor. "I feel terrible. I didn't mean for you to hurt yourself like this." She looked up, shyly. "Um, do you want me to stay? Or will I get in the way?"

"Violet, if I had been paying attention, this wouldn't have happened. Remember that i was supposed to cast protego and i didn't." Feeling terrible himself for making her get to this stage. "You did nothing wrong and everything right." He brought his attention the man. "Can she?"

"It's the Catholic heritage in me," Violet said with a little laugh. "Lots of shame." She looked over at the nurse, eyes serious. She wanted to make sure that Vydráel was okay, but she didn't want to disrupt the work of Nurse O'Brien. She was sure he had a lot (and she meant a LOT) of work to do.

"Easy to understand then." he replied with a smile. "Just don't blame yourself, blame me." he said while relaxing his right arm

Patrick nodded his head, " you don't look like you'd take up too much space" he smiled kindly at her.

He proceeded to pour some of the contents of one bottle into a small vial this he handed to the boy.

"What is your name?" he asked him.

"And your surname I will need it for your file" he smiled at the boy, another Gryffindor he mused. Delighted at last to be finally meeting a Gryffindor boy.

"Drink that back it won't bite you" he told him.

"Well that's a mouthful isn't it?" Patrick said to him smiling, "I tell you what before you leave here spell it out for me the whole name, then at least I won't get it wrong."

Patrick poured a few drops of the other potion into his hand.
"This is going to take the excess bruising away. It's just a paste and I know it stinks but the smell does go down after a moment" Patrick reassured him holding his hand out for the empty vial.

Patrick looked at the boy and smiled.
" A persons name is like a badge they were letting people know who you are and you're family. Your name does not sound funny at all, in fact it sounds very prestigous" he told the boy.
With his free hand he took the vial back from Master Wyvernblood and put it on the table. He then proceeded to put the paste on the boys hand.
"We will wait until this has done it's job and then we will wash it off it should take about ten minutes to take effect."

Vydráel felt him put the paste on as he looked away.
"Most people have thought my name was weird and different. I'm not sure what to believe." he replied with a little heat. "Thanks for seeing to the arm though. I still haven't learned how to set casts."

Patrick watched his time piece counting down the ten minutes. He listened to the boy infront of him and smiled kindly once again.

"People are usually afraid of anything different, for some people different means wierd, strange and unusual. Ignorance leads to fear and hatred. Believe in yourself my boy, when all else seems too much always remember to have faith in yourself" he tapped his time piece and said " right this can come off then".

He picked up some cloth and patted the paste away gently, he could do this magically of course but the boy seemed as if he needed to vent or talk. Patrick chose to give him more time to do so.

Vydráel nodded his understanding and agreement. "Sticks and stones." He knew the term but knew the lie. "You know how hard it is to reassure ourselves about our inadequacies. i don't have any, but my name made no sense to me before. Learning about my connection to magic makes no sense to me." he almost hissed

"I wasn't told about the world and my mother pretended it didn't exist. I could have been spared from pain but her decision seems selfish." He rolled up his robe sleeve, showing the scarring of multiple breakages on his left arm and then lifted the collar of his neck to show the scarring around there.

"I was punished as a child by snide little bullies at school because my mother insisted i have her family name, not my father. I was always abused because she assumed i would never be able to use magic.. and i don't know why." He looked at the man again, setting his clothing right with a sigh.

"I would not have a problem if i didn't have such a past." he said for his own reassurance. "Don't you find it suspicious that I didn't seem to notice the pain of this?" he asked him, pointing his head at the hand.

Patrick sat up straight and looked first at the boy infront of him and his friend that still stood there listening. Had he already spoken of these things to her? He must have to say he talked so freely of them now.

He didn't want to say the first thing that came to mind but tried his best to say something that could make sense to the boy.

"The inadequecy was your mothers not yours", Patrick told him looking Vydrael straight in the eyes.
"There will always be bullies in life, muggles and magical. There are bullies here at Hogwarts too but I dare say not quite so many as you would find else where", Patrick rolled up his own sleeve and showed the thin long silver scar of a very old wound.
"My family were all muggles except for my sister and myself. Bullies are everywhere and the scars they leave are usually all that survives them" he rolled down his sleeve again and more firmly said, "We wear our scars on our bodies and inside us so that we learn and move on but what you must learn to do young man is not to let your scars wear you."

He looked down at the boys hand and said," And as for this... the human body can adapt for it's own survival to many things."

Violet bit her lip. Now she really felt as though she shouldn't be there. But she wanted to make sure Vydráel was okay. No matter what he said, she still felt guilty for causing him to break his wrist. It was her stunning spell, after all.
Her heart went out to him as he spoke about his past. She'd always complained about hers, but it was nothing compared to his. His was utterly traumatic. Violet felt terrible for him. She wanted to help him out, to try and reconcile the demons of the past and to try and make life at Hogwarts the best life there was. She knew she hadn't known him for long, but already he was one of her good friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back