Breathtaking

Jessica Reed

OOC First Name
Louise
Jessica Reed was already finding it easy to settle at Hogwarts, she was with her best friend on the entire planet most of the time and had already managed to make some friends in Gryffindor. However, trying to find her way around the castle was definitely challenging, she didn't think she would ever get used to that. Jess never was good with finding her way around unfamiliar places. She struggled getting into Brightstone Village and Obsidian Harbour many times and would sometimes have to ring her brother for directions.

Jessica left the castle in her usual laid back strut, her shoulders haunched, her head hung low and her hands were deep in the pockets of her hoodie. The cold breeze chilled her to the bone, the tip of her nose turned pink and her cheeks a rose red colour yet the scenery of the Hogwarts grounds were to beautiful to pass up because of cold weather conditions. Jessica had pulled Jenny aside in the corridor earlier and told her to meet her at the cliffs, with classes just beginning the workload wasn't too heavy and her OWLs seemed very far away, far enough that they rarely crossed her mind.

Footprints in the thin sheet of snow led up to the edge of the cliff were Jessica was now standing. Her lungs filling with the icy - but refreshing - air as she inhaled deeply. Although it wasn't the best idea for Jessica to stand at the edge of the cliff especially when the ground beneath her was icy she continued to stand in pure awe of the beauty of Hogwarts. It was breathtaking. Well its either that or the weather she thought to herself in amusement. She could already fill her chest tightening and so she just hoped that Jenny wouldn't be late in arriving.

To say Jenn was missing Matthew would be an understatement but she couldn't let it get to her and she wouldn't. This year would be one of the best, she had her best friend here at Hogwarts with her and things were like old times when they had been at Salem together so when she recieved the letter from Jessie she skipped at the chance and left the common room with excitement strone onto her simple features.

As she left the castle, Jenny found herself relieved that she was wearing a jacket over her grey tank top. She heard the crunch of snow beneath her feet as she walked and she felt a little satisfied with herself for not writing her friend back telling her to stop being so crazy and meet inside away from the cold air. It of course, didn't take too long for her to make it to the cliffs and to her best friend Jessie, who she had her arms tightly wrapped around in a playful hug before she smiled at her.

"Hey J," she said quietly before she followed her friends gaze. "Beautiful isn't it?" Jenny asked, remembering her first year at Hogwarts New Zealand and how much she had been in awe of this place and then when she came back from Salem how at home she had felt. "You'll love it here just as much as I do," she said reassuringly, even if Jessica already didn't.

Jessica felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her in a hug that she knew came from Jenny. "Hey Jenny." She said with a smile before turning back to the beautiful surroundings around her. She shook her head in amazement, "It really is." Her eyes calmly took in everything. From the white snow under her feet to the beauty that was the Hogwarts castle. "I don't know how you ever left this place.." Jessica began, her voice drifted, as if her thoughts were elsewhere. Salem wasn't half as beautiful as Hogwarts, she didn't think there could be a place that could match this beauty and for Jenny to leave this place and her friends behind, must have been extremely difficult. She never really gave her friend enough credit for it.

"I'm liking Gryffindor so far. The common room is great too!" Jessica said with a silent laugh. She spent most of her time there, well, the time when she wasn't at class or with Jenny or trying to find her way around the castle. That small bit of remaining time was spent in the Common Room. Mainly because she knew if she left Gryffindor Tower it would take her forever to find it again. She couldn't risk it. Jessica pulled her jacket in closer to her and folded her arms across her chest out of the pure coldness from the air. Jessica then focused her gaze on Jenny, "So whats up with you these days? You still have to introduce me to those friends of yours." She said and raised one of her eyebrows, one of her most recognisable habits. Jessica heard so much about Jenny's friends that she felt she already knew them. All she had to do now was to finally meet them.

Jenny winced at the words "I don't know how you ever left this place". Her departure was a sore topic with her and she still felt guilt for leaving so abruptly but she had to and she mumbled it quietly to Jess as if defending herself for her actions even though it was not an accusation. Her family needed her, end of story.

"Ah nothing is really with me," Jenn answered honestly. There was really nothing that Jessica wanted to hear because her thoughts had mainly been about Matthew and how she had left their relationship on a negative point before school and how she was sure during summer he would not want to see her because she had insulted his "girl of the month". "Yes I really do. I've told Scorpius about you, just haven't gotten much of a chance to get you together. I haven't really spoken to Sammy since the fight, so yeah, just Scorpius, you and I will have to hang out during Brightstone," she suggested with an eager smile, but hoped that she would meet Matthew instead of speaking to her two friends, no matter how much she loved her friend's and their company. A flicker of darkness wore in her cerulean blue eyes at the thought of Matthew, a boy she was almost one hundred percent certain that she had fallen in love with. How on earth was that possible? She was fourteen. But it was all so different then what she had felt for Sam or Scorpius. There was something about his awkward smile that made her more comfortable and uneasy at the same time that made her believe that she was and the more she was away from him it caused her to believe that she actually loved him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back