OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily paced the living room and each time she glanced nervously up the stars, she began to bite on a fingernail. Cursing, she made herself stop, looking down at her hands. The gorgeous engagement ring glittered on her left hand and she held it up to the morning light streaming in through the open window. Prodan had taste, she smiled, admiring the flower that not only represented who she was, but of their new beginning with each other. Just thinking of last night made pink tinge her cheeks and her breath quicken.

Would Nicolette be happy for her? She surely hoped so as she glanced at the stairs once more, fighting the urge to race up them and jump on Niccy's bed. Instead she went into the kitchen and busied her hands making breakfast.

Nicolette yawned and lifted her body from her comfy bed. She had once again had a late night, and was paying for it now. But as tempted as she was to go back to bed she smelled food downstairs and that immediately woke her more. 'Cecily must be home!' She grinned to herself and pushed the covers off of her thin body. She was currently wearing some Cute Pajamas that she felt were too comfy to change out of, so instead of changing out of them she put on some slippers and headed out of her room.

Once downstairs she could hear Cecily moving about in the kitchen. "Cessy-kins! Your home and cooking for me!" She shouted as she slid into the kitchen for what she felt was a dramatic entrance. Smiling she walked over to the counter and sat up on the edge, she was very tempted to ask how things went at Prodan's House....but by the fact that her friend didn't come home for quite awhile, she already could've guessed that things went just fine.

Cecily laughingly grimaced at the nickname, happy and anxious at the same time as Nicolette slid into the kitchen. "Good morning," she grinned, setting a plate piled with pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs on the counter in front of Niccy, along with toast, jam, butter and warm syrup. Everything needed to have coffee or tea plus orange juice was there as well. She sat across from her on the other stool, her own plate in front of her. "I just thought a nice warm meal would be welcome," she shrugged, a nervous smile on her face. She stirred her coffee and then hesistantly she slid her left hand out of her pocket and wrapped both hands around the warm cup.

Nicolette's golden eyes stared down at the food like a hungry wolf would stare down it's pray. Whenever Cecily was gone for a large amount of time Niccy always ate less then she really wanted to. The biggest reason was probably because she didn't know how to cook that well and all that she did know how to cook she didn't really want to eat. Grabbing her fork she started devour the scrambled eggs.

"So Cecily, enjoy your time with Princess?" Nicolette already had an assumption, but it never hurt to ask. Besides this could add in some valuable teasing time for her, Cecily was often a fun target for her because she usually knew she was kidding and didn't smack her for it. "I mean you were gone for quite awhile. Soooo.....spill the details missy! Chop chop!" Nicolette snapped her fingers at Cecily before she took another bite of her eggs and waited for ecily to start explaining, the sly smile never left her face either.

Heat burned her cheeks and stained them pink. "Well, I-we-I," she stammered, the set her cup down so she didn't burn herself. Nicolette was only teasing, as she usually did when Cecily came home from Prodan's. After the incident with Kalif, they both knew full well that the couple didn't sit around playing exploding snap. She giggled into her drink. Well, in a way... she didn't even let herself go down that road or she would be redder than a tomato. She was so happy and knew this was the most right thing she'd ever done in her life. Saying yes to Prodan had made her complete. "He asked me to marry him," she blurted out, eyes wide. Then she picked up her fork and knife and started cutting into her meal. "Pass the syrup?"

Niccy nodded her in understanding, she knew exactly what those two had done. In fact those two not doing such things would come more of a surprise to her than this would. Finishing the last of her eggs up she shook her head and smiled at Cecily before she grabbed her toast, ripped off a small piece and shoved it into her mouth. Just as she was about to go and cut her pancake she heard Cecily speak again, only this time more quickly.

"Ohh here you go." Nicolette lifted the syrup and was about to hand it to Cecily when the whole sentence that her best friend uttered really began to sink into her mind. Her hand with the syrup retreated back and her golden eyes narrowed slightly. "Wait...what did you say?" She asked, trying to make sure she heard her friend right.

Cecily looked up from her plate, chewing her bacon slowly. Swallowing she said with a sheepish grin, "Pass the syrup?" Utensils hit the counter with a clatter. She thrust her left hand toward Nicolette and covered her face with her right.

Nicolette gave her a disbelieving looking and put the syrup down just in case Cecily was going to try and pull something sly. Just as she was was about to take another bite of her toast, Cecily put in hand right in front of her face. "What th- Nicolette was about to smack her hand away when she noticed the glistening ring on Cecily's finger. So instead she dropped her toast and brought her hand to grab Cecily's and admire the ring with a deep look in her eyes. She didn't even have to ask her friend if she said yes or not, Cecily was wearing the ring and from what Niccy knew, loved Prodan more than anyone else in the world. Letting go of Cecily's hand she stared at seriously, as if he was about to lecture her or something. Furrowing her eyebrows she opened her mouth and;

"AAAAHH, YOUR ENGAGED!" She shrieked with a girl squeal before she practically dove over the table and glomped Cecily with the tightest hug she could possibly muster. However the force of her glomp knocked both her and Cecily off the chair and onto the floor and she landed with a soft oof.

Cecily groaned and laughed, rubbing at her shoulder where she'd landed. "Ow." Nicolette's enthusiasm was infectious. Cecily found herself pouring out the way he'd proposed, leaving out the more intimate details. She didn't breathe a word of what they had told each other or of the mark. "It was soo romantic," she grinned, getting up from the floor. "And unexpected. I honestly never saw it coming. But I'm more than happy it did." She sat back down at the counter and snatched the syrup.

Nicolette shrugged apologetically. "Sorry bout that. I got a little too excited." She wasn't exactly sure why she got so excited every time she heard the mentioned of marriage, but it always put her in a really good mood. Deep down she knew that Prodan and Cecily deserved once another, and this proposal proved that it was final. they were each other's soul mates and there was nothing in the world that could possibly take that from them. Nicolette resisted the urge to hug Cecily again, and sat down in her seat with the biggest smile she could muster on her face.

"All these engagements are almost making me regret never falling in love." She was dating Alex, but she didn't love him. Niccy actually doubted that she would ever love him like the way Cecily and Prodan loved each other, there was something holding her back from doing so. "When's the wedding?" She asked casually as she bit into her toast once again.

Cecily felt for Nicolette. Her friend was a good sort and Cecily wasn't altogether sure how certain she was of Alex. He seemed nice enough but there was something around the eyes, something that didn't sit well with her. She knew that the right person was out there for her, someone Niccy could love beyond reason, and hoped she found that person soon.

"November 29th," she sighed happily before digging into her food. She was starving. "Just something small, few friends," she winked at Niccy, "some family. I need to owl my mum and have her come pick out a dress with me. Do you want to come with us when we do?"

Nicolette could tell that Cecily felt bad for her but waved it off with a small smile. "Don't worry about it, I'll find him someday, and when I do there will be sparks everywhere!" She emphasized with her hands, she would never consider it love with someone unless she saw sparks every time she saw them, or they always made her breath become caught in her throat, she only saw them whenever she thought of love. She slightly wondered if that was what Cecily felt or saw whenever Prodan was around?

"Psh of course I'd like to come. Hopefully you mom doesn't think i'm some whack job though!" Niccy had yet to meet Cecily's parents, and really wanted them to like her. Espeically when Cecily was the closest thing that Niccy ever had to a sister. "The 29th eh? I have a really good feeling about that day for some reason, I love weddings!" She squealed loudly, she had already been to one. Another one would definitely not kill her.

"Mum is going to love you," Cecily smiled reassuringly. She knew her mum would. Nicolette was so bubbly and upbeat, exactly the type of person who would be great to accompany them on their trip. She hoped her parents would be up to making the journey. It worried her how much weight her mother had lost since last she'd seen them. "I have to owl her some potions too, I should get to that." She finished her breakfast and sat drinking her coffee. "So enough about me, how are you and Alex doing?"

Niccy giggled, if Cecily said her mom would like her than chances are it was probably true. However Niccy was still nervous about the whole situation. Living without a family most of her life made her a bit iffy around families in general, she wanted to badly to have one of her own..or to at least know what happened to hers. With a soft sigh she stood up up and placed her empty plate into the sink before she returned to the table and smiled at Cecily softly. "Great! I can't wait to meet your mom!" She giggled as brought her cup of tea closer to her and blew on it a bit to cool it down. Nicolette secretly wondered what her mom was like when she was around her.

When Cecily asked how Niccy and Alex were doing, Niccy's nose wrinkled for a moment. But then remembered that he was her boyfriend and turned her look of disgust into a soft look. "Honestly, I don't really like him that much. He seems a little.....off to me." Nicolette's shoulders shrugged as she tried to describe what it was about Alex that seemed to make her weary of him. "Besides....I'm kinda finding myself often thinking about someone else." Niccy turned a light shade of red before she brought her tea up and took a soft sip, she had a boyfriend so there was really no reason for her to be thinking about other guys.

Cecily set about doing the dishes. This morning, past the breakfast, she wasn't feeling too domestic so she used magic to take care of them. Leftover food was stored in containers, set away in the fridge and she lazily flicked her wand with her hand to clean the counters as she sipped her own tea. "She's a live wire. But a bit of a worrier sometimes," she rolled her eyes playfully.

She kept silent as Niccy spoke about Alex. She shared the same opinion of the man and if it up to her, she'd send him packing, never to darken their door again. Or she'd sick Kalif on him. Her lips quirked as she thought of the unsmiling, if handsome, future brother in law then her head came up. Oh. Oh my. No, she was mistaken. She laughed it off within her head, it was a silly notion. She turned to her friend. "Niccy, if he doesn't set your pulse racing and if you can't trust him with your deepest secrets, then Alex's not worth it. I'm sorry," she smiled sheepishly, "I don't mean to sound preachy. I just want you to be happy. Maybe, the man you like?" she trailed off, eyebrows raised in question.

Nicolette was thankful that Cecily decided to do the cleaning today as she was far to lazy to do anything really. She was actually really enjoying this conversation, girl talks always ended up turning to be very interesting. "As long as your mom doesn't give me a heart attack in worry then I'm sure we'll get along great." Nicolette didn't like having to constantly worry about people, it always put her in a downer and made her feel like it was her responsibility to make sure they are okay. "Why does she worry you sometimes?" Nicolette asked her with a soft look, her smile fading a bit.

Nodding her head, she fully acknowledge that she knew what Cecily was getting at. Alexander wasn't her one and only, and Nicolette was very aware of that. "Eh, when he stops making me laugh I'll probably dump him, he's such a loser." Nicolette liked to laugh at that mans stupidity sometimes. Sometimes she wondered if he knew how stupid he looked half the time, not like she was going to say it to his face or anything though. "Maybe the man I like doesn't like me back, he seems to hate me actually." Niccy's smiled faded before she took a sip of her drink, guess this was proof that love hurts. Unrequited love or affection was really like a good kick in the gut. It made you feel like an idiot and hurt like crazy.

Cecily refilled her teacup and then stretched her arms over her head. Her lower back groaned in protest as the muscles lengthened. Plopping onto the stool again, she shrugged. "It's not really me she worries...she just worries about things sometimes. It's just her nature I guess.

Nicolette's expression, the painful inflection in her voice, stirred Cecily. Reaching out, she gently gripped her friends hand. She paused for a moment, gathering her thoughts, before she spoke. "Maybe this person, this man," her green eyes connected with Niccy's golden ones, "maybe he's been hurt so much in his life that he's reached a point where he just can't be-happy." Thinking of Prodan and what he had told her, the glimpse he had given her into his and his siblings horrid childhood, it made her begin to understand Kalif at least a little better. Or at least where he was coming from.

Sitting back, she smiled sadly. "Maybe one day he'll find his happiness again." She stared at Nicolette for one intense moment, something in her gut telling her something, but she shook it away and broke the look off with a soft laugh. "One could only hope."

Nicolette raised an eyebrow at Cecily as she lifted her glass to take another sip of her tea. That woman seemed awful confident about what she was saying, so that must mean that Cecily had an idea on who Niccy was crushing on. "You seem to know an awful lot about this person. Are we even thinking about the same person though?" Nicolette said in a sly tone as she took another sip, she wasn''t upset or worried about Cecily knowing. But she was wondering if she had made it too obvious about her feelings. She tried to hide them, she really did. But a girl could only hide so much. She was pretty sure that Cecily could have no clue though, at least she hoped.

"I think he and I are just too different...he never smiles" Nicolette huffed as she finished up the last of her tea and stood up to go put the glass in the sink. Then she turned and smiled at Cecily. "It's nothing like the sparkles you and Prodan seem to have." She said as she gave her friend a small wink.

Cecily smiled, flicking her wand to send her cup to the sink. "Prodan has known love. I could never say for certain if this person," she grinned, "has or not, except maybe that of the love for his children. Normally I would tell you to go to him, tell him how you feel, but with him," she sadly shook her head. "Niccy I don't want to see you hurt." She walked up to her friend, lightly rubbed her upper arms. "Even if he isn't meant for you, I can say for sure that Alex is not."

Nicolette's golden eyes shifted around the room uncomfortably. Cecily definitely knew who she liked, and for some reason that made Nicolette semi uncomfortable. Maybe it was just better of she stayed with Alex? He seemed to like her and want to care for her, maybe if she tried hard enough she could learn to care for him too. "Maybe it's just better if I forget about him. Alex seems to like me, if I try hard enough I'm sure things could work out." She said in a soft tone, even though she knew that deep down Cecily was right. But you couldn't always have everything you wanted in life, sometimes you had to sacrifice things in life, even a chance at true happiness.

"Prodan is all yours now, keep him close Cecily. You have no idea how lucky you are." Nicolette tried to mask up the bitterness she felt deep inside her heart. She was happy for her friend, Cecily deserved to be happy.

Cecily gave up trying to be like some small green puppet that spoke in backwards sentences and just went to her friend and hugged her close. Pulling back she smiled slightly. "Your happiness is all that matters to me, whoever you're with. If you think Alex will make you happy, then I'll be there for you no matter what." Then as though it was something that had to be said, must be said, she opened her mouth, "But if you think for one second, just one split second, that he returns your feelings, go for it."

Turning away she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge to take to the living room with her. "I am lucky," she whispered, smiling softly down at her ringed hand. "I've fought and clawed my way to find him. And him to me." Shaking herself from her sappy romantic feelings she turned back to Niccy.

"You know what, that owl can wait. How about we pop in a few chick flicks and see who can eat the most popcorn?"

Nicolette leaned into Cecily's hug and nodded. If she thought that there was any hope of way that she could have the happiness she wanted she would take it, but chances were that would never happen to someone like her. "Your such a good friend Cecily." She said once they have released each other from the hug. Friends like her and Nataliia didn't come along everyday, and she appreciated having them with every fiber of her being.

When Cecily suggested some chick flicks and a popcorn eat off, Niccy's sad smile turned into a sly grin. they were the perfect combination to cure a saddened heart. They even through in some great bonding time. "Your gonna regret suggesting that popcorn eat off missy! But since I know I'll beat you...you can pick the first movie." She grinned and dashed into the living room, excited to spend the day with her best friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back