Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Misha Haden
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
It was simply one amazing day out in Brightstone. Although the Slytherin seventh year had little to nothing to do for the holiday. She was away from her uncle for the time being, and Isabella wanted to stay that way. She had in her hand a magazine that would have plenty of small apartments that she was looking into. At least Collineus' wife was generous enough to provide her the funds to get her own place. The darkness that the man carried was enough to drive her insane. Isabella just needed to get away. Ostensia had the luxury of being with her boyfriend, but Isabella did not. Isabella hurried over to the bench where she flipped through the pages of the magazine, looking for a suitable apartment that would cost just under a thousand for first month's rent and the deposit too. However everything she found, was not up to par. Isabella would need a job first, and now she was getting a little frightened. Isabella considered dropping out, but then that would get her no where in life. She had so much to offer the world, but she could not bear to live with Collineus anymore. Isabella felt the need to bring her siblings away from that terrible man. Her parents were not around anymore to help, so Isabella felt that she could be of some help. Then again without her there, they would have to deal with the evil uncle all on their own. Isabella let out a sigh, and she felt that it was getting far too complicated for her. She continued to look through the magazine with her magenta eyes. Nothing was really popping, but she had this feeling that she should wait until she graduates from Hogwarts New Zealand. It was the least that she would need to do.

Stomach growling, Isabella folded her magazine and she stood up from the bench so that she could go find something to eat. All she wanted right now was a couple of chocolate chip cookies. Those sounded absolutely divine right now. Isabella was not exactly a health nut, but she hardly divulged into sweets. Isabella walked into a store, and she bought a few chocolate chip cookies with the money that she did have and that she should be saving for an apartment, but she decided to hold that for later. She left the store, sticking one part of the cookie into her mouth, and then biting down. The chocolate chip was warm, almost gooey, and it was amazing. Isabella smiled to herself, as she walked back to her bench that she had just left. Isabella sat down, and she started to chow down on her cookie as she looked through the magazine once more. Isabella narrowed her magenta eyes, before she let out a sigh, hoping that she could get something settled. Move out, her siblings come with and end up fighting her uncle, move out and leave her siblings behind, or stay with her uncle and protect her siblings to the best of her abilities. This was not fair to her and her siblings. Why weren't her parents around or alive to protect them? Wasn't it their jobs?

Demeter felt so stupid and foolish right now. How easily his friends had convinced him to eat one of those dreaded every flavor beans. The ones that Demeter detested with everything he had. Honestly, in his opinion that Bertie Bott's person could go choke on his or her creation. That was just how much he hated the damn candy. Not even once had he ever managed to find an actual bean that didn't cause him to feel nauseous. Every single time it was one of the nastiest things he had ever tasted. So far he had come across things like fish, rotten eggs, even a freaking booger. But today just took the cake when he came across a vomit flavored bean. What the hell?! Who made a vomit flavored bean? Someone very sick in the head, that's who! The funny part was that he knew better, but his friends convinced him to do it anyways. Demeter was too nice of a guy. This might have been his problem today. He found it hard to see people negatively. Even if they had wronged him in the past. His friends took advantage of that. They used him as the guinea pig in any situation they could. With food they were afraid to taste, places to visit, even sometimes girls. Demeter was used to being the guinea pig by now. So he just accepted his fate and did what they told him to do. That was why he ate the stupid beans. They told him that they were going to taste okay. They promised that they wouldn't be bad ones. Demeter believed them too. That was until he ate them. Now he was upset that he had stupidly done it again. They laughed at him until Demeter got tired of the teasing and began to walk away.

'I can't deal with this all day.' They called after Demeter but he wanted no part on it. He was done paying guinea pig for a couple of hours. Demeter purchased a bottle of water at a vendor and chugged it. It did little to relieve the nasty taste that lingered within his mouth. Demeter sat down on the nearest bench and downed some more water. Next to him was sitting a very pretty girl. She was here before he was so he tried his best not to bother her. But then he saw that she had a cookie. A cookie would do wonders to push away the taste of the vomit flavored bean. "Hey, Can I have some of your cookie?" Demeter asked kindly. He kind of forgot to explain why he wanted it, but he just wanted the cookie she had within her hands. It smelled delicious. Cookies were always delicious. Why couldn't there be a cookie flavored bean? Instead of there being vomit flavored ones.​
<i>
</i>

It was times like this a girl could feel somewhat of a loner. Isabella had put so much into her studies, she sacrificed things, and somewhat now, she was regretting it. Her sister was the one great at making friends, having a love life, while Isabella was better at causing fights, and having a strong academic future. Isabella bit down a little further into her gooey cookie, having relished in the chocolaty goodness that was within. How could she not stop there at the bakery more often? She needed to get her mind wrapped around it, and do that more. These things were just fantastic. Her magenta eyes looked up at the people that were passing through, before she let out a sigh, and she wondered what all she should do next. Sitting around and eating cookies was not her ideal thing to do. Instead, she felt like playing Quidditch or something. She was of age, she could do whatever the hell she felt like. That is, until she was distracted. Someone had sat down next to her and disrupted her thoughts. She had half a mind to tell the guy to get lost, but Isabella was in a good mood. She didn't want to, because who knows what the guy had been through. Perhaps a sibling was killed or something, she didn't know nor was she a Legilimens to find out. 'Maybe I could probably move, but wouldn't that seem rude?' thought Isabella in her mind. She looked down at her half eaten cookie, before she heard the older boy next to her speak.

For one, Isabella knew that he was not from around here. And second, his voice was rather nice. And then the third thing, when it registered what he had asked for, made her turn her magenta eyes to look at him. He wanted some of her cookie? The one that she was holding in her hand, the one that had her germs on it? Then again, he was a boy, he probably didn't think of things like that. "Uh, I guess, but let me give you a cookie that doesn't have my germs on it," her Italian accented voice was soft, not nearly as cold as she used to those that she did not like, nor was it commanding like it would be on the Quidditch field. She reached into her little bag, and pulled out her last cookie, and she held it out for him to take. Just looking at the boy was making her somewhat blush a little bit. Isabella didn't have any experience with boys remotely around her age. She was used to bossing around those on the Quidditch field, when her leadership personality took over. 'This better not be a set up by Ostensia,' thought Isabella. It didn't seem like her thing, but she could never be too careful. "You don't have diabetes or anything like that, right? It isn't everyday someone walks up and asks for a cookie, not to sound rude, but just curious."

Demeter's eyes lit up when the pretty girl gave him an entire cookie. Well that was awfully nice of her to give a cookie to a complete stranger. "Awesome! Thanks!" Demeter took that cookie in a speedy fashion before the girl changed her mind and stuff the cookie into his mouth. The sugary goodness quickly masked the nasty taste from the bean. This girl was officially his hero for the day. Once he had completely swallowed the cookie and made sure there were no crumbs on his face or shirt, he turned to face the girl again. She instead spoke up and said something to him first. Demeter paused. What in the world was she talking about. "I have no idea what diabetes are." Demeter said with a blank expression. He honestly had no idea what she was talking about when she brought up diabetes. But it must have not been too bad if someone needed cookies for it. Demeter suddenly thought of saying something but didn't want to freak her out. Might as well mess around with her a little bit. He grinned softly. "Actually the reason I asked for the cookie was because I like seeing if I can get pretty girls to give me food." It was not really the reason but he was interested to see if he could get her all flustered and stuff. Plus he liked to mess around. Hopefully she didn't beat him up for saying that or anything. After a moment Demeter chuckled and shook his head.

"Okay, so the actual reason is much lamer than that. But if you promise not to laugh. I'll tell you." Demeter winked. Then he continued on, "My friends like to pull cruel jokes on me and convinced me to eat one of those every flavored beans thing. Out of sheer stupidity I ate the damn thing and it turns out, that it was a vomit flavored bean! So I needed something to wash the flavor out with. A cookie was the perfect thing. You happened to have a cookie so.....I'm sure you can figure it out from there." Demeter rolled his eyes and took a little bit of water into his mouth from the water bottle. He then flashed the girl a silly grin. Hopefully she didn't think he was the worlds biggest dork or something. He was a dork but he didn't want girls to think of him as so. Girls didn't like dorks. They liked big brawny guys who could lift weights and stuff. Not guys who got tricked into doing stupid things by their friends. Demeter looked down at the ground and flushed. Now he looked dumb. He knew he did. This poor girl had to give her cookie up for a really stupid reason. Maybe he should by her another one?​
<i>
</i>

Isabella noticed that her single act of kindness was warming or something. The boy's eyes lit up, and it caused her to smile a little more. She was definitely not used to anything like this. Isabella nodded and did not say anything, but the smile that she wore would be enough than just talking. Isabella still wondered if the boy was sick or something, like low on sugar, but she somehow doubted it. Isabella looked down and she finished her own cookie, deciding that it would be best if she did not get anymore for the day. Isabella made sure there were no crumbs and anything on her hands and mouth. However she raised an eyebrow when he said that he didn't know what diabetes were, but she didn't want to explain it. At least if he didn't know what they were, then he did not have them. "Well, considering you don't know what they are, then I don't have to worry about you fainting on the ground then," Isabella shrugged her shoulders before she rested her hands on her lap. The Slytherin Prefect was a little worried, and still wondered if there was something that made him really want a cookie from a stranger. A stranger like her anyway. She knew that she wasn't the prettiest of girls. So it was not it. Then again, what he said next made her narrow her magenta eyes. His reasoning made her smile fade, and wonder if he was the type to just hit on any woman in the area. However there was a part of her that doubted that, which was why she did not storm off, but merely scoff at what he had said.

After a moment, the boy had chuckled, and shook his head. Then he said that the actual reason was much lamer. Okay, that she could believe. Isabella nodded when he said that she should promise not to laugh. Well, a nod was not really confirming a promise, but her curiosity had peaked. Then it was told that his friends liked to pull these silly pranks, and this boy had eaten a very nasty flavored bean. That poor lad! Isabella's lips parted ever so slightly from shock. "Well, those friends of yours need a good talking to, from what it sounds like. Did the cookie at least help?" Isabella rarely found pranks to be funny, and she never pulled them herself. Isabella thought that the boy was lucky though, to have come across someone like her. She might be one of those commanding and take control type of girls, but she was still that, a girl. And this boy was cute. Hogwarts New Zealand didn't have guys like this. Isabella held out one of her hands, and she introduced herself, "I'm Isabella by the way. Isabella Romanes." Isabella was positive that he did not go to her school. He looked older than her, and he didn't graduate from there. She would have known, as the editor of the school's yearbook. It was not something she was willing to share, because it didn't sound nearly as cool as Prefect and Quidditch Captain did.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Demeter blinked. He still had no idea what this diabetes thing was so he assumed that it wasn't something he could catch. As far as he was aware he had nothing of the sort. "Is diabetes a muggle thing?" Demeter asked with a small smile. He wasn't naive about muggles things as much as most pure bloods were because his family didn't hate them as much as most pure bloods did. But at the same time he also wasn't all knowing in that category either. Demeter thought muggles were an interesting bunch. They couldn't use magic to solve their problems but they did the best that they could. Though sometimes he didn't understand why they did the things he did. Demeter was already craving another cookie but he felt it would be weird. Or make him seem like a fatty. He needed to be polite around this young lady. "It was kind of my own fault. You see, they do this all the time. I'm just stupid enough to keep taking them. I just can't help it though, I like doing things for my friends. Even if they are jerks about it." Demeter shrugged his shoulders. He hoped this girl wasn't one of those girls that would go and beat his friends up. She looked like she could throw a punch pretty well. Just by looking at her he could tell that much. She might even be able to hit a lot harder than he could. Which wouldn't surprise him. Being cruel and mean wasn't really in his nature. He would rather live and make others happy. Demeter wondered if the girl thought he was lame for being like that. For doing all of the awful things his friends talked him into doing. He wouldn't blame her if she did. Even he thought it was kind of lame. Demeter heard her introduce her name to him. She had a very pretty name. It sounded like she was Italian. He would have to ask and be sure though. No one liked assumptions.

"Isabella is a pretty name. Are you Italian?" Demeter asked as he stuck out one of his hands and shook hers. Of course in a moment here he would introduce himself. After all it would be the polite thing to do. "My name is Demeter Dragonov. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I personally find my name to be really cool. Because it has the word 'dragon' in it." Demeter smirked. Some people thought it was lame when he mentioned that but he thought it was cool. He loved dragons. He also loved pretty girls. So he was going to be himself and see just how far it would take him. After all, she did give him a cookie. That was a sign of good luck in his books. He secretly took it as a sign that that they were probably meant to be. Well he wasn't completely sure, but with the way they were conversing right now, he figured he had nothing to lose. "So. Don't smack me for this. But I'm thinking that since you gave me a cookie and all, we should...hang out again sometime. Cause in my books, any girl who shares food is pretty dang awesome." He didn't want to sound sexist or anything. But personally all he wanted in a girl was someone who made him smile and was willing to cook for him. She had to be a good cook too. Not a gourmet or anything. But decent enough to the point where he wouldn't be worried about eating her cooking. Demeter winked and chuckled. Hopefully she wouldn't smack him for that either. It was a little bit forward of him.​
<i>
</i>

Immediately Isabella turned red when the boy asked if it was a muggle thing. That would sound suspicious if she said that she was a pure-blood, telling him muggle things. That would be almost horrible to do. Well, in her uncle's eyes, but she did not care about them either way. She shrugged before she said, "Maybe. Low sugar or something weird that muggles suffer through, and need shots to get themselves fix. They could even lose a foot." Isabella could not even believe that she rambled on. "Not that you would want to know that, cause magic can fix anything..." Isabella looked down at her hands and she clasped them together. Isabella could smack herself. "I don't even know why I researched it, muggle things aren't allowed at my house. Pure-blood and all." She rolled her magenta eyes, showing that she was not prejudice at all. While her uncle was, she didn't care. People were people in her honest opinion. Isabella looked back at the boy, before she listened to what he had to say about those friends of his. About how he liked doing this for his friends, and he kept on. Isabella raised an eyebrow and immediately figured out that this older boy was manipulative. "It is their fault. They are taking advantage of you. You should probably make better friends," suggested the Slytherin Prefect with a motion of her hand. It was just a thought, but she did not know if he would do that. He was pretty good looking, and he was nice as far as she had seen, so it should be easy for him. Unlike her. She sacrificed friends for academics, and she had found herself bitter and lonesome. It made her to the point where she was only seen yelling at the Quidditch team. Sure, Bella White was a friend, but that was it.

The Slytherin Prefect looked away once more, before she bit her lip. So this was what it was like to be like Ostensia for a day. To actually be complimented. Her name was pretty, but it was pretty common around here. "Actually, Venetian, which is similar. All my family come from Venice, Italy. Thank you though," even her voice was uneasy. She moved her hair over her ear so it would not fall in her face. She listened to him speak his name, which was Demeter Dragonov, and she was immediately impressed. It sounded powerful, but he thought that it was cool because it had the word 'dragon' in it. She thought that him mentioning it was somewhat lame, but it was cool too. Even she had to admit that. "Well, it is lovely to meet you, Demeter." Isabella never thought that she would be here with someone, and actually holding a civil conversation. One that did not involve her yelling. Perhaps there was something about this boy? She didn't know, but all she knew was that she was paying a visit to Ostensia, and she was going to get some advice on boys. She never had to ask of it before, but that was before Demeter came along. Isabella then looked at him once more, before narrowing her eyes. He asked her not to smack him, but since she had given him a cookie, he thought that they should hang out again sometime. Isabella looked down at her hands, before she laughed. It was a soft laugh, but she didn't know what the boy was asking. "Surely you are not asking a girl that shared a cookie out on a date. I'm not easy. But yeah, I have all summer to hang out. Perhaps... You can help me look for a place to live around here next weekend? If you know the area. Though if that is boring, we can hang out after I take care of that." Isabella had ultimately decided that it was her last year in Hogwarts, and she was going to graduate. She wanted to move to New Zealand permanently. She loved it here. Plus, it would give her an excuse to see Demeter again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back