Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Augustus)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Birch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Addison was hungry. She probably should have waited for her cousin to get up but he tended to sleep in and she was hungry now. She took her notebook with her to breakfast. She fixed herself a large breakfast. Bacon, sausage, eggs, toast. She got a nice cold glass of milk and settled into her seat. She opened her book and started to review the facts she had gathered since starting school. She didn't pay much attention to the others around her. Casper would be down to join her eventually, there was no harm in enjoying the quiet while she waited.

Rayleigh Orel still had to pinch herself on occasion to see if this was real, and low and behold, it was. The Hufflepuff thought it was a little medieval to have elves for slaves, or maybe they were paid? That was something she would have to look into one day. She walked into the Great Hall and sat down at her house table with a few others she recognized as first years. The girl in front of her had a huge breakfast, but it was a shame that Rayleigh was vegetarian. Rayleigh reached for all the carbs and gathered them on a plate. “Does the food taste as good as it did during the feast?” Rayleigh asked, clearly hesitant about eating.

Addison glanced up as someone spoke. It was one of her roommates. She nodded, swallowing her food quickly. "Yeah, it's still pretty amazing. I heard elves do the cooking here. I wonder if they have special magic," She commented idly, taking another bite of her eggs. They really were very good. "Rayleigh, right?" She checked, not sure if she had it right.

Rayleigh listened to the other Puff as she said that it did. She bit into her biscuit and chewed softly. The thought of elves having magic was a plus, but why not free themselves? “And you are... Addison?” Asked Rayleigh as she nodded, confirming Addison was correct. “I don’t like how the elves are cooking for everyone. It is almost like slavery.”

Addy was about to take a bite of her breakfast when Rayleigh spoke again. Addy paused with her fork halfway to her mouth before she lowered it. "Wow, that does sound pretty bad. How do you know they aren't being paid? Or volunteers? Did the teachers say they have a legion of slaves in the kitchens working to feed us?" She furrowed her brow. That was concerning.

When questioned why she thought that, when no one told her, Rayleigh would have to really explain her observation. She had no idea how this would pan out, but Rayleigh would try. “When I was shopping in Obsidian Harbor, I didn’t see a single elf. Not one! Goblins in Gringotts, though. But I saw them running rampant once while making lunch when I was down in the dungeons. So, I came to that conclusion.”

Addy sat there eating her breakfast, pondering what Harleigh said seriously. "Well," She started slowly, "Maybe elves avoid shopping when there are large crowds. Or maybe they have their own markets," She took a sip of her drink, "Or maybe you're right, I'm sure it's something we could ask someone older." She looked around the table, trying to see if she could spot someone that might know.

Rayleigh thought about what Addison said and it did make sense. Yet, she still had some bad feelings in her gut about the whole thing. "Asking someone older might be better than assuming the worst," Rayleigh smiled toward the fellow first year. "I am a little new to this whole magic thing, since I was born to muggle parents. All of this, I am not taking it very well." Rayleigh smiled softly. She wasn't sure how soon she would adjust to this new life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back