Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 13 1/2" Unyielding Rosewood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Sianna could hardly believe that she was back at school for another year, her anger with her brother still reared it's head every so often, but for the most part she felt pretty good with it all, her grades hadn't been the best but she knew that this year she could improve them, that was what this year was for, and this was what she wanted to do with her school career, but added to that, was that since the person she was interning under at Accio was graduating at the end of the year she was going to be able to do far more this semester without too much instruction and this brought a smile to Sianna's face, she had really discovered that taking photographs was something that interested her, it took a lot more skill that she thought most assumed it did and she liked being able to challenged in different ways and taking part in the school's different activities was exactly what she liked being able to do regardless of how it affected her studies, it wasn't like she played quidditch and that affected things to no end she'd noticed with the players from her house, which was something she'd never do.

The teen was sat at the Ravenclaw table, a little before breakfast was due to begin, and she was clearly setting things up on the end of the table so that she could take a picture, there was little for her to do currently, since it was still so early in the year, nothing had started, and she was feeling pretty content in just creating things to take pictures of. Currently, she had books piled up in a twisting pattern on top of each other, with an empty coffee cup at the top. She had used her own ravenclaw tie, and was trying to add it to the picture she was creating but it didn't much seem to be working, she couldn't quite find the right way to have it sit, and she was growing a little frustrated. Her camera sat on the table, within reach, but it would useless if she didn't manage to find a way to make it photo ready, for the moment, she just kept readjusting the books, and added a plate for the tea cup to sit on, and then placed her wand for the tip to be balancing on the rim of the tea cup and then picked the tie back up and sighed heavily. The room itself was slowly beginning to become more popular, when Sianna had arrived she'd been the only one, but now students sat at all the tables, and she knew she needed to get this before the hall got too busy.

It was the start of the new school year and Lennon was determined to do better than he had last year. He chalked his passable grades up to still finding his "sea legs" at Hogwarts but he knew deep down that was no excuse so he definitely wanted to step his game up this year. In the spirit of being more productive, Lennon woke up early that morning so he could be prepared for lessons and have more hours in his day to study or do things. However since it was only the first few days of school, there was nothing to study yet so Lennon went down to the Great Hall to grab some breakfast. Most of the times he skipped breakfast but since he was waking up so early these days he was actually enjoying the extra meal because it made him more energized throughout the day.

As he made his way over to the Ravenclaw table, he saw someone hunched over the edge of the table arranging something on the surface. At first he was going to mind his own business, but when he did a double take he recognized who it was and said, "Hey." Lennon slowed down and took in the sight of what Sianna was doing and smiled to himself, noticing the camera off to the side. He was initially going to sit across from her, but he didn't want to block the natural light that illuminated the area perfectly for Sianna's shot so instead he circled around the edge of the table to sit on the opposite side. He cocked his head to the side as he took in her structured layout, trying to figure out what she was not satisfied with, seeing as she had not yet taken the picture. "What's the matter with the shot?" he wondered, asking carefully as he took a seat and began to spread some jam on his toast.

Sianna was vaguely paying attention as the hall began to fill with people, and she was still very much unsatisfied about the shot that she was trying to take, it wasn't even for any purpose than she was trying to improve her photography skills but this felt frustrationing although she had learned ever since getting her first camera that it could very well be endlessly frustrating, the girl moved the tea cup to the slightest degree before looking at it again, bending down slightly to meet the eye line with the objects. She sighed a little but looked away from it and stood to full height to meet the gaze of the boy who was talking to her, and her expression softened at the site of who it was, "Hey," the girl replied softly as she took a small step back and while also looking at what Lennon was doing, she hadn't really expected him to see him, but was glad to see him, he was one of the few friends that she had made during her first year.

The girl shot him a small smile as he took a seat, so that he wasn't blocking her light but so that she could still talk to him, she appreciated the gesture greatly, "Thanks," Sianna muttered quietly before stepping forward and then readjusting the tie on the books and then she took her camera and looked at the shot through the lens before looking up at Lennon, "I'm not sure really," the girl put the camera down again and then glanced at him, sighing a little before taking a seat next to him, "There's nothing wrong with it, really but it's just not sitting right," the girl said to him. But with breakfast coming up she was keen to get it found quickly, and get the shot done quickly, "What do you think?" She asked, genuinely interested in the opinion that he had about it, if any, she wouldn't mind if he didn't. Sianna gave him a small smile as she glanced from the set up to him, "Did you have a nice break?" she asked, thinking that if she could maybe distract herself from it, then when she looked back at the set up it would maybe see what she thought was wrong with it.

Lennon was glad to see Sianna because she had been one of the few friends he had made at Hogwarts last year, but he was also glad to see that she had an interest in photography. Even though he was an intern for the Hogwarts Monthly which was writing intensive, the Ravenclaw was hoping to eventually make his way up to photographer at the paper as well. Now he was just glad he had someone else to share that interest in and it was someone he was already friends with. He didn't have a camera of his own yet so it was cool to see that she had her own. Perhaps he would ask for one for Hanukkah this year. Last year Zara had gotten him a toy dragon which was his favorite thing ever; a pet you didn't even have to feed, but Lennon found out the hard way the gift had been a diversionary tactic from his sister to take the heat off of her bringing home a cat. Turns out pets who started small fires were higher up on their mum's no-pet list than cats.

He chuckled good-naturedly at Sianna's frustration because he knew that feeling of not being satisfied with your own work. When she asked for his opinion he was a little surprised that he would consider what he had to say, but he was happy to oblige. Lennon put down his breakfast and dusted off his hands of any bread crumbs. He stood up to look at the set up from Sianna's point of view, now more comfortable to stand in such close proximity to her because they had been in close quarters quite a few times now, first dancing on Halloween, then looking into the telescope, so it no longer made him as nervous which had to be a good sign. "Hmmm," he studied the area at first. He didn't see anything wrong with it truthfully, it was fine as it was, but he could also see what she meant about it not being quite right yet. "Maybe - have you tried -" Lennon stopped himself, not knowing if he would be overstepping his boundaries by suggesting something. But then he figured it wouldn't hurt to offer something and if she didn't like it, it wouldn't bother him if she rejected the idea.

"May I?" he said, gesturing towards the set up before gingerly picking up the tie. He began to roll it gently until only the bottom part of it showed, displaying the Ravenclaw crest. As he worked he answered her question, "My break was good," he shrugged, "Zara and I both got in trouble for having pets but we didn't have to give them away so that was nice. How was yours?" he asked. When he was done with the tie he placed it on top of the books carefully so it didn't ruin the circle he had created, and then stepped back to look at the whole thing. He shrugged and said, "I don't know, what do you think?" he gestured to his modification. "Of course this is assuming you are going to take the shot from above like a flatlay, but if you were planning to take it from this angle -" he gestured towards a more eye level position, "then maybe having the tie lay over the books like you had it originally would be better," he said, revealing more of his knowledge of photography.

Sianna's love for photography had stemmed largely prior to school and had been greatly helped when she had become an intern for the Accio yearbook, specifically studying under the older slytherin photographer of the yearbook, it had definitely let her interest in it grow and she definitely found it more and more fun, the girl loved being able to set up the shots, and take the candid pictures of people at school events, and just using the lighting, and learning about the different cameras, for someone who struggled to read, the older accio photographer had easily been one of the few people she would've turned to when she had questions about taking the pictures. It wasn't perhaps like one of these shots, but she trusted his opinion considering that he had been on the yearbook for so long, he knew what he was doing. Sianna brushed a strand of her hair from her eyes as she glanced at the set up of the picture she was trying to take, she knew her family would likely not approve of her growing desire to be a photographer when she left school, but the girl would continue with her classes, continue to try to do well, and there fore keep her options open, she knew that her brother, her twin brother would likely definitely no approve of what Sianna was thinking about, but given how frustrating he was she didn't much care about it, Sianna of course loved her brother but she wasn't about to listen to him on anything.

The girl looked to Lennon, not even noticing their slightly close promixity, and just smiled at him, one of the few smiles that she seemed to show while at school was reserved for him, and nodded, as he spoke, letting him with a small nod go ahead and do whatever he was clearly thinking might be better, the girl was keen to see what he had in mind, and also now, to find out if he was interested in photography, after all, despite the time they spent together, she realised she didn't know much about him and his hobbies and perhaps he like her, thoroughly enjoyed photography. She listend to him as he worked away, doing what he believed would help and then just nodded, "My break was fine, it's nice to go home and eat mother's cooking," the girl said to him, "Did your mother not approve of the cat that you're allergic to?" there was barely a surprise in her tone, she couldn't imagine her mother being happy if her twin bought a pet that Sianna was allergic to, though in her family's case she was sure her brother would've killed the animal and pulled out it's guts. However it appeared that he was done, and she just let him explain what he wanted to tell her before she got to her feet and then took the camera, she liked how he'd managed to get it set up and the young Serbian girl felt herself nod at what she was seeing, slowly, and then raised the camera to her eyes and looked at it through the lens before taking the picture, and then looking at it, "What do you think?" she asked sitting back down next to him and letting him look at what she'd gotten, before adding, "I didn't know you liked photography,"

Lennon chuckled as Sianna asked if his mum had not approved of Zara's cat, which he was allergic to. "Yes, she was mad at my sister for that, but not as mad as when my dragon accidentally set our curtains on fire," he admitted, laughing guiltily as Sianna carefully took her picture. "So Zara sort of got off the hook for her cat," he explained with a good-natured roll of his eyes. Their mum had been against them getting pets since they were little because she had claimed they weren't old enough to take care of them and that she would end up having to do everythinh, but Lennon felt that was unfair because the twins had been taking care of themselves just fine. Still, he was glad his sister had only gotten him a miniature dragon because it didn't need feeding and he hoped Sianna would understand that's what he meant, and not an actual dragon seeing as it was illegal to own those.

After she had taken the picture, she offered him the camera so he could look at the result and he smiled. Once he saw the photo, Lennon nodded at Sianna and said, "Looks good to me!" He didn't know how much merit his opinion would hold because she seemed much more advanced with photography than he was but it was nice to be considered anyway. He smiled again at her comment and said, "Yeah I don't have my own camera or anything, but I like it," he shrugged shyly. "I hadn't considered it too much until last year when I joined the Hogwarts Monthly and I saw someone working on the photography. It seemed really cool so I tried it out a little. So even though I'm interning as a writer, I would like to try photography too," he told her as he began to eat some breakfast again. "Is photography something you would like to do when you grow up?"

Sianna smiled proudly when he said that the photo looked good, she had him to thank for it, and she was pretty glad for the assistance that he had given and was just looking at the photo on her camera, before putting the object down and then beginning to tidy up the slight mess that she had made in all of this, listening as he spoke and thinking it interesting that he had gotten interested in it because of the monthly, which was oddly similar to how she'd gotten interested in photography or well, how her interested had been peaked to the point where she was actively doing it both an extra-curricular but also as a hobby, "If you ever want to borrow mine, we could go photo hunting together or something," she told him, not willing to just hand over her camera to him but definitely thinking if he was interested in it then he should be able to do it, even without a camera and she couldn't help but actually be interested in the idea of going with him and looking for photos, aside from Elysia Sianna didn't have many friends and spending time with one of them was always something that she wanted to do.

"I'm not sure really," she admitted with a shrug as she pushed all of her books into the bag she'd brought and began to put on the tie and she'd just been using for the picture before settling herself back next to him and pulled towards herself a little bit of breakfast, "I got into it, because of the Yearbook, but I don't know about doing it for life, if I'm not good at it, I won't be very successful, and it'll remain a hobby," she reasoned with a small shrug, it would really depend on how this well she turned out to be in the coming years with that considered. The young ravenclaw didn't know what she wanted to do, but she did know currently that she really liked it, and wanted to do well in it, but it wasn't like she'd made the decision as to whether or not she would do it, "I think for now, I'd just like to figure out what classes I want to take as electives," Sianna admitted smiling a little at him, "Do you know what you want to do when you leave school?" the young ravenclaw asked.

Lennon was quite surprised when Sianna offered her camera to him in a way. He hadn't expected that from her because he could already tell she was quite fond of it, but the idea of the two of them looking for things to take pictures of seemed like a great idea. With Sianna's help to find some shots he could see if he was actually any good. "That would actually be great!" he told her, smiling at her briefly. Usually his smiles were small and reserved, but this one was bright and genuine. "Is your camera a magical one?" he considered, referring to the film being able to produce moving pictures. He knew she had just taken a stationary picture but perhaps she also had rolls of the magical film if her camera was able to do both options.

Lennon chewed his food quietly and nodded as she talked about whether or not she would pursue it professionally or just as a hobby. He swallowed and said, "I don't think you should worry about that just yet, you've still got time to improve your skills so they would be at a professional level when you graduate," he reminded her, not wanting her to just forget the idea soon just because she wasn't the best at the time. They were only in their second year after all, which she reminded him of as she mentioned electives. Lennon exhaled deeply as he chewed his lower lip in thought at her next question. "That's kind of a deep question," he chuckled nervous but good-naturedly. "I'm not sure really," he admitted with shame somewhat. He felt like he should have it figured out already. "I used to think I wanted to be a Healer just like my mum, but now...I'm not so sure," he shook his head. "I can't even figure out what electives I want to take next year either," he laughed, referencing what she had said a moment ago. "Do you know which ones you're leaning towards?" he asked. He still had no idea which ones to narrow it down to just yet.

Sianna was glad when he seemed to agree to go around taking pictures with her, she liked the idea of doing that with him, he was her friend and she wanted nothing more than to just spend time with him, he was her friend and spending more time together in Sianna's mind was definitely desirable, she didn't trust him alone with her camera and she was sure he would feel the same if roles were reversed and he was the ones with the camera. The teen gave a warm expression one she only had for those she liked which was a far smaller list than she'd ever say, and at the question she nodded, "It is, but I can take muggle pictures with it too, which is better for the yearbook," she told Lennon picking up some of the juice and pouring herself a glass, she took the glass once filled and sipped slowly at the liquid inside of it, "It's pretty fun really, going between the two, muggle and magical pictures, sometimes magical just doesn't suit it," Sianna was sure that he would understand easily what she meant as she spoke, if he liked taking pictures and was like her magical, then he would get it.

At his statement, she just nodded, that was exactly her thinking, she was sure that spending a little bit of time just working on both her classes and on her photography and once they reached seventh year and are on track to graduate and continue on with their lives outside of school, then at that point she would make her decision. The young Ravenclaw then just listened as he spoke, slowly eating the food she put on to her plate as she did so, it made her a little more reassured, some of the kids in their year seemed to have things figured out, but Sisnna just didn't and she was glad to talk to someone who like her didn't know, it was so much more reassuring than anything else, and especially when he too didn't know which electives he wanted to take, "I'm really not sure, Muggle Studis seems like a bit of a farce, and from what I've heard Divination is boring, I don't particularly want to work with animals, so I guess that leaves Ancient Runes and Arithmancy," Sianna pondered with a small shrug, before then glancing at him, "What about you?"

Lennon was impressed to hear that Sianna's camera was able to do both magical and standard film. From what he'd seen magical cameras were just a little bit pricier and not just any camera could take magical film. He nodded in agreement when she mentioned that sometimes magical film didn't suit a certain picture. If he had a camera with magical film he'd probably only use it for candids and not any other type of photography because other types wouldn't need movement. "Plus I heard developing that kind of film is tricky, I wouldn't even know where to begin," he said with a small chuckle.

Lennon listened as she explained the way she narrowed down her elective choices and laughed lightly. "I'm thinking Arithmancy for sure," he agreed, "But I'm not really sure what Ancient Runes is?" he asked. He didn't outright ask for an explanation but he hoped the question mark at the end of his sentence had been verbally communicated and hoped Sianna knew more about the subject to explain it to him. Perhaps it would sound interesting enough for him to decide to take it as well because so far he couldn't narrow down his second choice. "Other than Arithmancy I haven't really give any other class much thought. I feel like my track record with animals isn't too great so far, I shouldn't risk it with larger ones in Care of Magical Creatures," he joked, thinking of Zara's cat and his dragon.

sianna was not surprised that one of the aspects stopping him was the developing part of it, and Sianna found a small smile reaching her lips, she had access to things to help her develop pictures, even at school, largely due to the fact that she was working for the yearbook which meant she had to be able to access such things, and she was more than happy to do such a thing, and while she didn't know if she could share it with him, she was sure that she at least wanted to, hopefully without breaking any rules which she knew wouldn't bother her twin Casimir but absolutely would bother Siana and she wasn't sure how much it would bother Lennon but she was not quite yet willing to run any such risk, so it meant that she'd have to wait and see, keep that in her back pocket until she knew if she could or couldn't spend time with him, helping to learn develop photos with him, even though she was learning a lot from the current photographer for Accio from whom she would take over.

But with the conversation moving on she figured perhaps now wasn't the time to bring it up and rather focus on the conversation at hand about the up coming subject choices that they had, she didn't know much about ancient runes, but upon his statement, she gave a small shrug, "I think it's learning about what runes are to be able to tell the future, or something like that, " Sianna said giving the best description of the subject as she could as she took a sip of juice and then laughed lightly at the joke, although it could be funny to watch someone sneezing at a magical creature, she was sure it wouldn't make for a good subject to study, "Probably not," the Ravenclaw agreed, "How many more creatures are you allergic to?"

Lennon continued to grab food and pile it onto his plate every now and then, and listened as Sianna tried to explain what Ancient Runes was, like he hoped she would. He didn't know if she was right or not, but she seemed to have a better grasp of the subject than he did, seeing as he had no idea what it consisted of, so any information was better than none. He nodded his head in understanding at first but then cocked it to the side. "If that's the case then why is it not part of Divination?" he wondered. Wasn't telling the future part of the Divination branch of magic?

Lennon laughed at her question and said, "Just bees - that I know of." He ruffled his hair as he remembered the memory of getting stung by a bee once when he was little. "I learned that one the hard way," he rolled his eyes good naturedly. "And I don't think I fancy learning if I'm allergic to anything else," he chuckled. Cats and bees were enough for him. "But my pet dragon is cool, maybe I can be a dragon trainer when I grow up," he said in jest with a chuckle, although he gave the idea some thought. "I wonder what classes you'd need for that," he said aloud, then added, "Probably Care of Magical Creatures!" He threw his hands up in defeat but he laughed lightly.

Sianna pondered the question and then without being able to help herself just began laughing, she honestly didn't know the difference, and she didn't know how the future telling in Divintation was different from that in Ancient Runes, as Sianna laugh she covered her mouth a little with her hand and shook her head, "Maybe we should ask our head of house, to know the difference?" Though Sianna didn't know if Lennon was taking those two it would be a fair thing to ask the person who was supposed to be looking after them, surely he would know what the difference was. Sianna didn't particularly want to end up in two classes that were virtually the same, that to her was the epitomy of boring and she was sure he would agree with her. The young Ravenclaw just smiled a little, "Hold on though, isn't Arithmancy also somewhat to do with telling the future?" she asked Lennon as the thought suddenly occurred to her, hoping that if she was wrong that he would correct her. If he did know but given that much like her most of the elective classes were a mystery she knew she wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know.

As he continued she couldn't help but imagine how one might find out that they were allergic to bees, how terrifying might it be depending on the strength of the allergy but given Lennon's tone Sianna had to assume it was more than just a small rash. It then made sense to her why he might be wary of the subject that might involve further allergies. But it seemed if he wanted to work with dragons that learning about all sorts of creatures would be necessary, "It's almost a catch 22," Sianna commented, "Could you not ask a nurse to try to run a test of some kind to find out what else you are allergic to, so you can find out and maybe then be able to take the class without a worry?"Sianna suggested, a little shrug of her shoulders as she pushed away her mostly finished plate. Letting her hand curl around the glass of juice she had. Sianna honestly didn't know if such a thing was something that could be done, but she was sure checking wouldn't harm anyone.

Lennon nodded in agreement when Sianna suggested they ask their Head of House for a clarification on the difference between Ancient Runes and Divination if they were both about telling the future. However when she pointed out that Arithmancy was yet another class about telling the future, Lennon laughed a little, now knowing that they definitely needed some more clarification before they made their decisions for next year. "I think Arthimancy has more to do with numbers," he tried remembering, "So maybe the numbers help tell the future, and Ancient Runes is about runes telling the future, and Divination is just...the rest?" he wondered, laughing hopelessly. Then he remembered something he had seen at the end of the year last year and said, "Oh wait, I think there is also an Electives Fair at the end of the year that will help us figure out which classes to pick." He had remembered seeing a large crowd around the Entrance Hall last year, and when he found out it was for second years, he had left because it didn't apply to him at the time. "Kind of like the Club Fair we had at the beginning of the year," he added. "Are you in any clubs other than Accio?" he asked.

He mulled over Sianna's suggestion as he ate a bit more breakfast. He was sure the nurses would be able to figure out what else he could be allergic to, and was wondering why his mother as a former Healer had not suggested it before. "I'm not sure I want to know what else I'm allergic to," he laughed lightly, "But I suppose it is actually in my best interest to do so, just in case." He didn't want to find out by some fatal accident or something. "Better be safe than sorry, right?" he smiled at her. It was better that than 'ignorance is bliss.'

[SO sorry for the delay Emzies!!]

It was actually nice to be trying to figure out what the different classes were, even if he seemed to not know much more than she did, but it wasn't something she'd really given much serious thought about until the time seemed to be really approaching. The girl nodded along with him before easily breaking into laughter with him, thinking that it was a little hopeless them trying to figure it out, they'd find out soon she assumed, they had to, a professor had to explain to them what each was so that they knew what they were going to pick, so as he talked about the electives fair she nodded, that made sense as a thing to have, and she couldn't help but feel a little excited by it, looking forward to what it might present as an event, an opportunity to find out about classes. So, she nodded, "That'll be good, useful," she commented before nodding again, "I'm in the heta omega, the sisterhood, but that's it," she replied, "The Accio I can see taking up a lot of my time, so I want to put work into that," Sianna shrugged, "What about you?"

The question was returned, since it was the obvious thing to do, before listening to him reply to what she'd been saying, seriously considering it clearly, in her attempts to learn english, the Serbian girl had taken to watching old and new muggle shows and films that were in english, she'd seen plenty of ones where the muggle doctors had tested the allergies so she assumed that magical people could do a similar thing, but without a shred of certainty about the matter she just shrugged, "Maybe we could go look in the library for a book that might help find out if it's possible?" she had tone about her as she spoke that implied that they could leave now, find out what they needed now rather than later, if he was so interested in doing that with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back