Breakeven

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius was tired of letting the Gossip Magazine get the better of him and have him freak out over something that was probably not true, so before he went and got the rest of his lip damaged, he decided to settle things once and for all. He would have to go talk to Aeon and find out whether he had anything to worry about or not. Wearing all black, Scorpius went down from the Ravenclaw tower to the Gryffindor tower to see if he could catch Aeon by chance. After a while of no luck, he caught someone going in there and asked them to please get Aeon from inside.

Scorpius paced the area around him as he waited for Aeon to emerge. He had to keep calm about this and not lose his temper, this was Taylor's best friend after all. Already he was fighting not gritting his teeth or rolling his grey eyes. This was going to be tough.

Aeon was asleep on the couch in the common room when he felt someone shake him. He groaned and slowly got up into a sitting position to see who was shaking him. "What?" He said with a yawn, then listened as he was told he was wanted. "A boy with black hair huh? I think I know who that is." He mumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and quickly going to his dorm to get changed.

Knew he'd turn up sooner or later. Aeon thought as he came back down with his wand up his sleeve and a little bit of istant darkness powder in his pocket. He quietly exited the Common Room and went around into the corridor to see Knight pacing up and down. "Hello Scorp. I heard you wanted me?" He sighed, folding his arms and waiting for an answer.

Scorpius had his hands shoved into his pockets, his fist wrapped tightly around his wand, though he preferred to fight physically - he was a boy after all, plus he had grown up living in a Muggle type lifestyle. Still, he was a Ravenclaw therefore his knowledge of spells wasn't lacking. But he hoped it wouldn't go down that road, since he didn't want Taylor to be mad at him.

When Aeon emerged from the common room Scorpius quickly inhaled and kept his mouth clenched shut, his scar very prominent across his lips. "Yeah hi," he replied gruffly in his Irish accent to Aeon's response. He inhaled once more as his grey eyes scanned Aeon over once, almost as if sizing him up but shook those thoughts away again. "Listen uh, I just think we should talk about what was said in the stupid magazine," he began to explain. He waited for Aeon to say something but he seemed silent so Scorpius continued. "So basically what I want to know is - do you like Taylor?" His voice was a little harder and edgier as he blurted out the last question, almost holding his breath as he waited for a response.

It was only when Scorpius started to speak that Aeon first noticed the scar across his lips. When did that happen? He wondered, unfolding his arms and bringing himself up to full height. He let out another sigh and waited until Knight finished speaking before grinning widely at him. "Hmmmm, Depends on what you mean by the word like. In a friendly way or a..love way." He said, leaning against a wall and pushing a portrait to it's side to annoy the people inside of it.

Scorpius was a little confused at Aeon's smile but upon hearing his response in the tone that he used, Scorpius half-smiled in return. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his way of avoiding the question, but simply clarified it for the Gryffindor boy. "You know what I mean," he began. "I know you guys are friends so obviously you like her as a friend," he explained with a tone that an older annoyed person used when losing patience with a toddler. "Do you like her as more than that?" he asked straightforward. He had always kind of thought Aeon liked her, after all they had gone to the Yule Ball together last year, but he had to be sure now.

Aeon pretended to think for a moment before answering. "Well, I used to like her." He said, scuffing his shoe against the floor. Until you came along. He added in his head, but didn't say it out loud. "But I guess she's yours now and I shouldn't interfere. I'm her friend and should respect her choices." He muttered. He knew he should move on, and find someone..better. Or maybe wait until he was older and more mature for that kind of thing. They probably won't last long anyway. He said in his mind, looking back up at Knight.

Scorpius stood there calmly with his hands in his pockets as he told himself to listen to Aeon's response before jumping to conclusions. At first when Aeon began his explanation by clarifying that he used to like her, Scorpius felt a bit at ease. Okay, used to, that wasn't so bad to live with. However his next few comments made him think that Scorpius still wasn't over her. To the Ravenclaw it sounded like Aeon's way of avoiding the direct question by answering with a bunch of nonsense. So he was just respecting Taylor's choices, so his 'moving on' wasn't because he decided he didn't like her, it was because he should - but had he? His mind was buzzing with so many questions and accusations and things to say to Aeon that he couldn't wrap his brain around one response. So instead he inhaled softly before saying, "Okay, I want to believe you but it's just things in the past..." he mumbled as he trailed off, thinking of Luna and Angus. "You don't like her anymore right?" he asked again. He needed to be completely okay with Taylor and Aeon hanging out so if that meant asking for clarification until he believed it then so be it.

Aeon looked at Scorpius in silence for a few seconds before finally answering. "No. I don't like her anymore. She's happy and I'm fine with it now. I wasn't at first but we're still young and have our whole lives to find someone better, hardly any relationships last more than a few months or a year at our age anyway. The muggle school I used to attend at one point had a lot of kids with 'girlfriends' and 'boyfriends' but most back then were going out for a day or two." He said, thinking back to his old school he attended and all his muggle friends. None of them knew what magic was, and Aeon had desperately wanted to show them magic existed, but his parents had told him no one could know and they'd get in serious trouble.

Scorpius stood still facing Aeon in this awkward silence since Aeon had yet to reply but pursed his lips in a hint of a smile when Aeon said he didn't like Taylor anymore. Scorpius felt that he was telling the truth so he really had nothing to be angry about, no grudge to hold, nothing to worry about. It felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulder. Though as Aeon continued to talk about how most relationships don't last, Scorpius felt a little defensive, as if he was implying that he and Taylor wouldn't last. Thankfully however, Scorpius controlled his short temper and let it slide. He looked back at the Gryffindor boy and smiled politely as he said, "Well then, I have no problem with you then," he stated matter of factly, extending his hand as if this were a peace treaty or something. "You don't have a problem with me, do you?" he asked cautiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back