Brain Stew

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Hoshi was getting better at hiding the pain she was in. It was hard getting over something like this. The worst part about it was that Henric hadn't been crule about it. Maybe it would have been better if he had crushed her flat out. She shook her head. She wasn't going to think about that today. She had her skatebored with her. It was technecly allowed bacause it didn't run on anything muggle. She was going to shread the stands. Hoshi set her bored down on the highest bench and pushed off. In her ears was her magical music deivce. Her ears where pluged with the loud sounds of Green Day. Normally she was a more Wierd Sisters, Broomstick death kind of person but today she felt like Green Day.

Hoshi started off slowly eventually reaching the end of the stand and jumping the distence to the other stand. I'm having trouble trying to sleep, I'm counting sheep but running out next brake and she added a half turn to her jump. As time ticks by, And still I try, No rest for crosstops in my mind She jumped to the stands underneath at first making her bored land sideways then land on it's wheels.On my own... here we go Still she want Hoshi consentrated on the song.

Hoshi did simple tricks all though out the song though her moves sometimes didn't match what was playing in her ears. The song went faster and so did she. She landed on her hand on the railing then started to grind it. She switched to the otherside of the stares grinding backwards then she got an idea. Hoshi took her wand out of her pocket and consentrated while her bored kept the steep slide down the railing. "Accio Firebolt!" She cryed. Hoshi was almost at the bottom of the stands when her Firebolt come to her hands. "Wingardem Leviosa!" She cryed thowing the broom stick as soon as she cought it. She made it flowt in front of her while she jumped off the skateborad which slid off the bottom of the railing in the stands.

It was a nice enough day and Taylor was feeling a bit down, she couldnt explain why, maybe it was missing home. Or maybe it was that she hadnt got a group of friends yet, she sort of floated about different people, but never settling in. After taking a broom from the shed she stepped onto the pitch and immediatly her eyes took to the sky. No one up there, but there was a sound and Taylor turned to it. Noticing a girl Taylor had briefly met at the Halloween Feast, it was hard not to recognise her with the bright purple hair, she was friends with Knight, Sam and Jenna etc. She watched the girl for a minute, recognising that she was riding a skateboard. The girl was good!

Taylor watched for a moment before she summoned what looked like a firebolt and jumped onto it, Taylor decided to go say hello as there was nothing better to do exept fly, but if she was sharing the pitch with the girl she may as well say hi anyway.

Hoshi landed on the broom skateboarder style though she did wobble a bit. She stopped for a moment because she wasn't completely sure of what to do next. She had managed to stay on the broom but could she fly this way? She was pretty high off the ground so a fall would hurt her severely. Hoshi shook off her fear and pressed her right foot froward so it would move. It started to move slowly. Hoshi laughed. It was only then that she realized that there was someone watching here. It was Taylor! She waived like mad with both hands. "Hey Taylor-chan!" She cried. There was adrenalin coursing all though her from the fear of being up this high and standing on a broomstick.

Taylor watched the girl stayed on the broom. Taylor would have dropped her jaw if she wouldnt look stupid doing it. It was then that the girl looked over and waved. She knew Taylor's name, but Taylor couldnt remember hers. She searched quickly through her brain and in a moment she had it!

"Heya Hoshi!" She gave the girl a wave herself and bounded over to where she was, but not getting to close, she didnt want Hoshi to fall. "How are you doing that?" She asked amazement present in her voice.

Hoshi looked down at her feet. They seemed odd on the rounded surface of the broom. "Really carefully. Hey if you do it carefully too I'm sure you could at least stand up this way. Maybe we can invent a new broom sport this way." She said with a bright smile on her face. She started to drift down a bit. Hoshi may have been enjoying this but she was sure that one false move and she would hit the ground hard. Better to start practicing this closer to the ground.

Taylor chuckled. "It could be like snow boarding, but broom boarding." She stopped laughing, wondering if Hoshi knew about other muggle sports. She could have simply heard about skateboarding from a muggleborn. It was confusing to limit what you spoke about and strange for some people not to know what was so natural to you. Taylor smiled again, not wanting Hoshi to know her brain cogs were turning at hyper speed. She often found herself dazing off into different contemplations.

Hoshi nodded. "We could make our own little broom sport subculture here at school. I love to snow bored but this is turning out to be a bit like surfing. I'm leading with the front of the broom here." She said showing how her front foot was moving slightly to keep the broom going. Hoshi knew of a lot of muggle sport. She was good at them too. It seemed that when it came to physical things Hoshi could get them in almost an instant. It was perfecting them that took work. She was closer to the ground now so she tried to change direction. It worked but Hoshi ended up falling on her behind. "Ow..." She said softly then got right back up and put her broom on the ground this time.

Hoshi really did wonder if it was more like surfing or skating. One way to find out was the take off. She stood on her broom and pushed off the ground with her left foot leaving the right on the front of the broom. The broom took off but Hoshi fell forward. "Well that didn't work." She said catching her broom again and putting it on the ground. She stood again but this time used her right foot to take off while leaving the left on the broom. This time she didn't fall and the broom hovered off the ground only a little bit. Quickly Hoshi put her right foot back on the bored. "It's skating alright." She said making it go up a little bit.

Taylor inwardly sighed with relief when she discovered Hoshi knew about muggle sports. She eagerly listened to Hoshi explain about the sport she was testing out. She then watched as Hoshi tested it out. Taylor wouldnt dare try it. She knew she would hurt herself. She often tried things out, but after a while she had learnt that some things are better left untried, so you dont risk the pain of failure. She chuckled lightly at that, but quickly stopped when Hoshi fell off. She began to rush over to her, but stopped when she had already pulled herself up. Taylor deposited her own broom on the ground getting sick of carrying it.

After a short while at testing out the invented sport Hoshi spoke. Taylor still watched as she raised the broom. "Impecible sense of balance." She said in a mock critic's voice. Then laughed lightly after. "Seriously, your amazing at it." She smiled.

Hoshi laughed and put her hands on her hips. "Best in the school. That's not saying much since I'm the only one who knows how to do this." She said laughing. She started to move lest then right testing the limits of what she could do before having to come out here and practice. Hoshi had a high tolerance for pain and usually didn't give up easily when it came to something she really wanted. One of the things she didn't go after was that boy because girls like here where not meant to fall in love. "I will be really good at this in no time." She said with the brightest smile. "I just need to find others who want to learn." She said with a sigh. This was fun but it would be even more fun with other people who knew how to do it.

Taylor let out a healthy laugh when Hoshi did. Her balance was pretty incredible, how she was standing on that thin peice of wood and then moving at the same time was a mystery, Taylor had rather good balance herself, but nothing like that. She would have been on the ground several times before mastering that particular skill. "I would join you." She chuckled. "But, i dont think i want to risk anything broken. I havnt broken anything yet." She said, rather curious as to why. She was the most clumsy person ever, but it was only ever bruises that she recieved.

Hoshi shrugged which almost made her lose her balance. "Well I'll be sporting bruises the size of Europe if this keeps going." She said. Hoshi didn't really mind. She had taken hits like that before. Mostly in her classes with her brother but mostly while doing things like this. "Maybe Sam and Knight will try it with me. They may feel better after they see me fall flat on my ass a few times." She said laughing loudly.

Taylor grinned at Hoshi, but a thought flashed her mind. Was she considered to them as part of their group of friends. Taylor had friends all over the place, but never felt as though she truly fit in anywhere. She felt most comfortable with Sam, Knight and now Hoshi. Taylor shook her head and shrugged it off. Placing her hand over her broom that was located on the floor she said a firm 'up' and the broom shot into her hand. Mounting it she kicked off and hovered in the air near Hoshi, she leant forward and rested her arms on the broom, so she was almost lying on it. "I bet Sam and Knight would try it. Remind me to come along when they do, i wouldnt mind a good laugh." She grinned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back