Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Blake entered in the student lounge for the first time, a cozy place, not exactly the Four Seasons but it was still bery cozy and it had its charm. She had borrowed some books from the library on wandlore. She knew that she was halfway through her Hogwarts year but she decided to be more informed on the characteistics of her wand to know its full capabilities and potential.
She sat on one of the couches in the lounge, crossed her legs and started reading. After a while it got boring so she changed positions several times, she sat with her legs crossed on the couch, fully stretched on the couch on her back, then on her belly, then on the floor with her back against the couch, she was changing positions so much that she wasn't exactly retaining anything.
She took a seat on the couch again and decided that in order for her to be concentrated on the book she needed to do something that would force her to stay on the same position. She started playing with her hair when it hit her, she could braid her hair while reading, and so she did. She started dividing some strands of hair on the top of her head and started braiding.

Estella was glad that she was already halfway through her first Hogwarts year. She hadn't exactly familiarised herself with the place fully yet and hoped that eventually she would come to terms with the way everything worked in no time. With not much to do now since classes hadn't started yet, Estella thought she would make her way to the student lounge. She had no idea that the place existed until she heard some students talk about it, organising to meet there one day next semester. She enjoyed the atmosphere of the Hufflepuff common room with its homey feel and wondered whether or not the student lounge would be similar. There were many places in the castle for students to hang out and Estella liked this, hoping that the student lounge would be a good place for her to meet some friends that weren't in Hufflepuff house.

Estella walked along the fourth floor corridor where she knew the student lounge would be. It was a good place for it as the latina knew the Hufflepuff common room and the library was also on that floor. When she found it, she pushed the door open slowly, glancing around the almost empty room. It had a fireplace, some armchairs and a lounge which definitely made it similar to the Hufflepuff common room, however it also felt very much different. There weren't as many plants, wasn't as decorative, and was definitely not as full. Estella smiled as she noticed a familiar Gryffindor first year sitting on the couch reading a book. She recognised her from her classes but hadn't known her name or anything else about her. She was braiding her hair whilst reading and Estella was more than happy to help her. She made her way over to the girl. "Hey!" she greeted, sitting herself down next to her. "Did you want me to help you braid your hair? I love braiding hair, and it can be difficult to do it on your own."

While Ivy preferred the library to the student lounge, it was sometimes a good place to study without getting distracted by all the books. She was starting to run into the problem that she found it hard to focus on her notes and books when there were tens of thousands of other books around, begging to be read. So Ivy had grabbed her things and headed to the Student Lounge, looking around until she found a spot to study. She was busy reading her book, but something from the corner of her eye was bugging her. She spotted one of her roommates on a nearby couch, and she was constantly shifting positions. Once Ivy noticed it, she couldn't stop noticing it. Distracted, she also noticed how a Hufflepuff girl approached her and started a conversation. Ivy frowned a bit, and spoke up. "She was reading." She said. "Maybe she should try to focus on that." She then glanced at the girl. "Are you studying?" She asked her curiously.

Blake was a bit surprised when a girl approached her asking if she could braid her hair. She wasn't expecting anyone to come to her but she gave her a smile. The Gryffindor girl was about to open her mouth and answer her when suddenly another girl interfered.
Blake couldn't tell if this last girl was being sarcastic when she said that Blake should focus on reading. She wasn't sure if she was there already and saw her shifting positions in the couch so much but she decided to have a friendly approach until further developments.
"Thanks but I think I can manage. But you can take a seat if you want" Blake said to the latina girl patting the seat on the couch next to her "I'm Blake".
She turned to other girl, who was familiar, she was probably a Gryffindor "Kinda?" she said with a little laugh "Not really studying for school. Studying about wandlore, you know, just to get a bit more familiar with my wand" she added smiling. She knew that it was a bit late to 'get to know' her wand and the girl would probably comment something on that but she honestly wasn't worried about that.

As another girl approached and made a snarky comment, Estella shot her a nasty look, narrowing her eyebrows and opening her mouth slightly in shock. The Hufflepuff had never come across someone so mean at Hogwarts yet, but she was sure there was a first time for everything. There was no need for the other girl to intervene like that and Estella was not happy. "And who are you to tell her or me what to do? You think you're better than us or something?" Estella quickly replied. She didn't take her eyes off the girl as the first girl was finally able to speak up. It disappointed Estella that she didn't want her to braid her hair and Estella thought that maybe if they weren't disturbed that everything would have turned out differently. The Hufflepuff tentatively took a seat next to her as offered, not sure whether or not she really wanted to be around this other girl. She thought that maybe she would go away soon and so listened as the first girl replied. "Oh, I'm Estella by the way!" she said when she got the first opportunity, smiling mostly at the first girl. "What's your name?"

Ivy was surprised and frustrated by the girl's angry reply. She frowned at her, then glanced at the first girl. "See, she didn't even want you to braid her hair." She said, gesturing to her. "I never said I'm better than you. That's a ridiculous thing to accuse me of." She added, glaring. She then turned her attention to the blond girl, who seemed to be the nicer of the two by far. "Wandlore?" She asked, curious. "Why are you trying to learn about your wand?" Ivy hadn't put a lot of thought into that. She had been a bit alarmed to have a veela hair in her own, and hadn't put a lot of thought into it after receiving it. She approached to get a good look at the book. "What sort of things have you learned so far?" She asked curiously. "I'm Ivy." She added, without looking the rude girl. "I know Blake already, we're roommates." She added. Anything to show she was superior to the rude girl.

Blake felt like hiding, those two seemed like they were about to start world war three and she was in middle, so she adopted a Switzerland position, Switzerland is always neutral in a war "Don't take it as an insult. It's just not really necessary for you to do that, I have to keep myself busy with something so I don't change positions in this couch so much" she said to Estella a little embarrassed for her lack of concentration. She usually learned better if she was doing other things at the same time. She couldn't concentrate if she was only focused on one thing, which was weird to say the least.

She turned to Ivy who was now peeking at her book too "Yeah, I thought maybe if I knew my wand I'd know what it's capable of and use it to it's full potential" she logically said. She just wanted to know what she would be better at with her type of wand and also why the wand chose her but the book was so big since it was filled with tons of wood and core types that she never seemed to find what she wanted or concentrate enough to read the whole text on the things that she was looking for.

"Well, I've found Blackthorn, which is my wand's wood, and it said that is a very unusual wand wood and has the reputation of being best suited to a warrior. This does not necessarily mean that its owner will be a duellist. One finds blackthorn wands among the Aurors as well as among the denizens of Azkabanand Death Eaters. This part kinda scares me, I hope I won't turn like this" she said as a side note. She did not want to end up having all of her dad's dark part and become a bad person like him. "It also said that the wands made from this wood appear to need to pass through danger or hardship with their owners to become truly bonded. Given this condition, the blackthorn wandwill become as loyal and faithful a servant as one could wish. Guess I'll just need to go through a near death experience with my wand, know where can I sign up for one?" she said joking, obviously she didn't really intended to have any near death experience but she also wanted a faithful wand. She had no idea how she was supposed to have that by another mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back