Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Professor Kingsley wasn’t much of a reader and didn’t spend much time in the library. She preferred to be out there doing whatever it was that interested her, not just reading about it. But, she did love reading to her children and had amassed a large number of books that her children had now grown out of. Cyndi knew that the librarian had a young child at home and another on the way so she’d gathered up some of the old books and a few other odds and ends, hoping that they would find a new home. The librarian wasn’t at his usual desk when she’d entered, so the woman took a seat at the first table she saw, the box slowly dropping onto the table top.

Somehow today had been a busy day for Elly. Most of the Indigo Crusaders had classes now and she was left to fend for herself. Not that she minded, she was used to living alone. Elly decided it was time to study up on the history of the school. She would probably get questions about it in their classes. Especially in the history of magic classes, but she still hadn't had any. Elizabeth decided that the best place to study was the library. What she didn't expect was that her idea was apparently copied by half the school. The tables were filled, but here and there some were still empty. It was crowded though. Elizabeth grabbed a big book from the shelf and sat down at the first table she saw. She didn't even bother to check who was sitting there already. When Elly looked up she saw a cardboard box and couldn't really see who was behind it. Elizabeth was short for her age and the low chairs didn't make it any easier. ''Hello'' Elly muttered, hopefully the person wasn't some last year Slytherin on a killing spree.

Gabriella was nervous of this whole experiance. She was so glad to be in Slytherin, she had to write her parents with this good news. If she wasn't placed in Slytherin she was afraid of her parents reaction. They would be dissapointed for sure, but that was not what was about to happen. Just as her father she was a Slytherin until her Seventh Year. The blonde was walking through some halls, because it was really a maze and her goal was to reach the library to study for her classes, what her parents had said to her. She wanted the highest grades and that was what was expected of her. So she was gonna do her very best, to make herself and parents proud.

The blonde found the Library after a while and while she entered it was amazed by how many books they had in here. How could she ever find the ones that she would need. She noticed it wasn't that busy and saw a woman sitting at the closest table. Perhaps she could help her, because she seemed like a Professor and what would she else be doing here? As she walked towards the woman, she heard a voice saying hello. '' Excuse me, can you help me? I'm looking for some books.'' the English girl asked friendly to the older woman.

Cyndi had just begun to slide the box to see the origin of the little voice she'd just heard when a student came up to her. "I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help in leading you to the right section" she said with a soft shake of her head. "You'd need the librarian for that. If you have a list, I can summon those for you easily enough" she added, giving a quick smile to the girl sitting across from her. They both seemed young, first years perhaps.

Elizabeth was shocked that it was a Professor sitting right across her. She thought they never came in the library and spend their whole days in the giant offices Hogwarts harboured. Elly her mind was racing should she apologize for speaking to a professor. What if the professor had reserved this table or this table was hers. She knew what the Professor did, she was the runes professor and the head of Gryffindor house to say the least. The house she had desired to be in. Jealousy crept over her, why wasn't she sorted in Gryffindor. Jess and Leila got it, why didn't she belong with them too. She decided to ask the Professor the thing she wanted from the first day. If she got detention, she would happily do it. She needed the peace of her mind and she needed it now. She almost ignored the other Slytherin girl that joined the two. Elizabeth almost desired the answers. ''Professor how come some people don't get the house they really want?'' Elizabeth stumbled on some words, but the word was out.

Gabriella didn't really paid a lot of attention to the other girl. She wasn't talking to her so why would she say something to her. The young Snake listened as the woman answered to her question. She wasn't a Librarian, but she could be she looked a bit that way. Gabriella sure knew the woman would be strict but she offered to help and that was nice of her. Gabriella had some titles of books she wanted to have so that could work, because she had no idea of how to do it herself. '' I have some names, so if you can help me I would appreciate it.'' the blonde said friendly to the older woman. Professors were to help so it would be weird if she didn't.'' I'm looking for A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot and The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.'' the blonde said easily with a bit of English accent out of her head. She knew what she wanted and looked for.

The other girl asked something when Gabriella was done to the Professor and it was obvious the girl didn't liked in which house she was in. Gabriella could understand that if she wasn't sorted into Slytherin, she would be pretty mad and sad if she wasn't a snake. But ofcourse she belonged in Slytherin just like her father it was destiny. '' Which house are you in than?'' the blonde asked out of curiousity to the girl.

Cyndi hadn't expected more than a smile from the girl sitting across from her, so she was a bit taken aback by the question she asked, knowing it was likely highly personal. Before she could reply though, the other girl was giving her the names of two books. "Ah, that's easy enough" she declared, pulling her wand from the pocket of her robes. "Accio" she stated, naming first one book and then the other, watching as the flew towards her from shelves. They landed on the table, on top of one another though slightly askew.

Having accomplished the easy task, Cyndi turned her attention back to the other girl as she thought about the best way to answer her question. "Well" she began, a gentle look on her face. "Sorting is meant to find us the home that will suit us best, depending on the qualities that we possess." Cyndi thought back to her own sorting, where she'd wondered what house she'd be sorted into, and the stories she'd heard from other students. "Sometimes, we're not fully aware that we have those qualities or they're not as important to us as they might become in the future and that's perfectly alright when you're eleven. You're still growing and still learning about who you are and who you want to be. But, the sorting hat's power is to look deeper than the house we want to give us the house we need to go on and succeed as wizards and witches." She knew that this was something that many students struggled with, particularly when they weren't happy with the house they were placed into. She'd needed to remind herself of this when her son, her firstborn had been sorted into Slytherin, heading off on his journey to become a wizard.

Elly kind of knew the answer already, it was logic. But that didn't mean her heart was agreeing with the answer. She wanted to be a lion, but she also did accept Ravenclaw. ''It blows though.'' Elly didn't want to curse in front of a professor. ''I am in Ravenclaw and you?'' Elly replied without any emotion. She hadn't decided how she felt about Ravenclaw yet. ''I had hoped that if you had really wanted something, you would get it'' It wasn't that she had really hoped for Gryffindor alone, she had thought of Ravenclaw too. But now her two friends got Gryffindor, she got a bit jealous. ''Is Gryffindor better then Ravenclaw'' Elly thought about it in her mind, but accidentally said it out loud. ''Sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud.'' Elly her cheeks turned beetroot red. Elly wasn't a person that would get shy easily, but this was bad. She didn't know what to say next and it only felt that she had dug a hole that only get deeper for her.

Gabriella was glad when the Professor helped her with her books. Now she had them pretty quickly but really wanted to learn to do it herself. She was convinced you had to be pretty specific about which book you want, you could just have a million books coming at you when you weren't Gabriella thought. She looked as the Professor said Accio and Gabriella saw her dad doing it before. But she wasn't gonna try it until she would know how and to do it perfectly. She would feel embarrassing if it didn't worked. '' Thank you Professor.'' the blonde would sure remember the woman. She looked a moment at the other girl and Gabriella didn't really had the feeling she would like this girl. She seemed a bit unknown about things and not really prepared for Hogwarts. '' I'm Gabriella Davenport, how can I call you Professor?'' The blonde thought as it as normally to introduce yourself. She learned it from her parents and they would be ashamed if she didn't showed right manners especially to adults.

As she listened to the other girl she rolled her eyes quickly. As she said she was in Ravenclaw she had to think about her stupid little but actually older cousin Beaubelle. She was a Ravenclaw too and she could't help but think low of the house. They said it was the house of intelligence, well Beaubelle was just anything except but that. And this girl really asked if Gryffindor was better than Ravenclaw, no ofcourse not Slytherin was! '' I'm a Slytherin, and to answer your question I guess everybody thinks of their own house as good.'' There must be a reason why the girl didn't wanted to be in Ravenclaw and Gabriella could understand that. She would be very angry if she was sorted into that. But still she was curious about why the girl wanted to be in Gryffindor, because that was the conclusion she could pull right now.

Professor Kingsley let out a chuckle at the girl's next question. Before she could answer the question, the other girl had stepped in declaring herself a Slytherin and giving her opinion on the matter. Cyndi found herself nodding. "Yes, I definitely think you'd get a different answer depending on who you ask" she replied. The whole thing reminded her of the time she and Estrella had made a bet, the result of which was Cyndi wearing Ravenclaw gear in the Great Hall one morning. It had been a funny thing then, and the memory of it was always sure to put a smile on her face now. "All of the houses have things that make them great, I think. Maybe you have to give Ravenclaw a chance to show you what makes it great" she continued, a kind tone to her voice. It was difficult enough for these students to be away from home, some of them for the first time ever, and even more difficult when you ended up somewhere you didn't want to be.

"I'm Professor Kingsley" she finally told the other girl, realizing that the Ravenclaw one had already known. "Are you liking Slytherin so far?" she asked, wondering if she too was feeling unsettled. Professor Styx was on sabbatical, so the first year hadn't yet experienced one of his house meetings yet. She figured that was a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back