Bored

Harri laughed "I don't think Caysi would be very happy with that!" she said laughing, Caysi was one of her best friends and she laughed as she imagined her face if Pat let Gryffindor score a few times.

Harri nodded "I've never played in a real game before, I'm excited about it aren't you?" she asked thinking about playing for realy.

"Yeah I can't wait, I know we have a mock match in practice but it will be nothing like the real thing."

"Any idea when the quidditch season starts?"

"Yeah," Harri said "I don't think mocks will be an inch on the real thing!"
"No I don't actually, hopefully not too far off!" she said, she as excited to start on the matches.

"Well maybe after Christmas, give us new ones time to settle in. I mean, not that I'm complaining or anything, I love it here, but learning a whole pile of new information, meeting new people, getting used to a new place, home sickness, A JOB, and then the TriWizard Tournement is here, so everything will be inturuped for a while. I mean it's a lot for a one person to handle in a few short weeks." Patricia said looking slightly flustered.

Harri nodded "Totally know what you mean! I feel completly bogged down this year!" she said wondering why the homework seemed to stack up so quickly.

"I had no idea until I...I got the letter," she stated quietly. "And then I figured out that my Mum had been a witch. It was really bizzare." She walked along quietly beside them, listening idly to their conversation while her mind was actually somewhere far, far away...

Patricia jumped slightly when she heard Sam talk again, as she had been so quiet for a while.

"So your mum never told you that she was a witch?"

Harri had forgotten Sam was there untill she spoke again, she smiled and waited or her to answer Pat's question.

"I never knew my Mum," she said quietly. Not sadly, or in any way sympathetic of herself, but just very blunt, very quiet. "She died when I was born. It was just me and my Dad after that."

"Oh I'm so sorry." Patricia said, wishing she hadn't said anything.

"So then, your dad, is he a muggle?"

"Yup," she said bluntly. She tried to push the thoughts of her father away from her mind, only talking about and not thinking about his wild, messy brown hair, or the way he had played those Lord of the Rings games with her, he being the Nazgul, while she played Aeowyn, slaying him with her blown up balloon sword... "That's why I didn't know about it. He never told me, just because...I think because he didn't htink I would end up being a witch. I didn't show any magical properties until two weeks before term started..."

"Oh rite. Both my parents are muggles. I'm still confused as to how I got accepted here." Patricia said with a lost look on her face

"Really!" Patricia said when Samantha mentioned that she showed magical properties. "What type of magical properties did you show?"

"I set the cat on fire first," she mumbled in an embaressed kind of way, but still hinting a mischeivous smile at tugging at the corners of her mouth. Not only the cat, but several, actually. They ran around the grounds frightened out of their wits, set on fire. Oddly enough, they didn't burn. They were just on fire. "And then I made a bus fly through the air." True. London would never be the same with that double decker on top of that hospital...She wondered if they'd taken it down yet...

Patricia waited for Sam to answer, curious as to what led her to think she had magical powers, she didn't expect to hear what she did. "Oh My God! You set a cat on fire? Worse the cat OK?" Patricia asked knowing her mum would be in tears my now, although, Patricia was in tears laughing.

Then Sam went on to say how see made a bus fly, "Holy frig, I heard about that!" Patricia said shocked that she actually knew who did it. "They still didn't get it down from that hospital roof when we left did they?"

"Woah I'm keeping Jaspar away from you!" Harri said joking, just as the ginger kitten crept around the corner, almost as if on cue. She bent down and picked him up "What are you doing up here?" she said cuddling the cat.

"Aww." Patricia said as Harriet picked up her cat. "He is so cute. Hello Jaspar." Patricia said in a playful voice. "I have a black and white one called Tiger."

"Yeah, yeah. I didn't die or anything. It was just on fire. It didn't burn," Sam said quickly, knowing that probably didn't make a lot of sense. The fire had been magical, no matter how cliche that sounded. "I dunno," she said, pondering about that bus in the top level of the hospital. She couldn't help but grin to herself. "I bet by now they have."

She saw that little cat, Jaspar, and paused, not tensing, not panicking, only staring at it. She had never been the kind to like cats before. They were beautiful, and soft and everything. They just didn't like her. And she didn't quite like them after they had a go at her face with their long claws. Maybe that's why that one cat caught on fire...

Harri hugged Jaspar close to her noticing the way Sam was looking at him, it made her nervous, it didn't matter that the cat hadn't burnt she couldn't risk Jaspar being on fire. "Right guys I'm going, lot of work to do!" she siad smiling at them and began to walk away "See you late," she said turning and waving then heading back to the common room, Jaspar tucked safely under her arm.

She flushed greatly, tucking her hands into the pockets of her hoodie in an abashed kind of way. She realized the intent of Harriet getting out of there, and it made her very uncomfortable. She wasn't like that anymore. She had control over her magic...although, the other day, when she had made that vial pelt and smash against the wall in Potions class without meaning to...That had been a little odd.

"Yeah, see ya..."

"Bye Harri." Patricia said waving as she turned the corner.

"So do you miss home much?" Patricia said turning to Samatha

She thought about her answer for a split second. It would be kind of hard to explain that she really didn't have a home to go to, or leave, for that matter. She supposed she could call the place she went to during the summer, "home."

"Not really," she said, deciding to be honest, but hide most of the truth.

"Really!" Patricia said. She couldn't believe that anyone that far away from home couldn't miss it.

"I'm getting used to it, but there is an odd time where I do miss it." Patricia said, a bit downhearted.

"So then, you really like it here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back