Bored

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Patricia had left the Hufflepuff common room, wanting to clear her mind.

She had only been at Hogwarts for a few weeks and she already missed home. But she was lucky to have met some really good friends, she enjoyed the classes, homework wasn't too hard and she had made the house quidditch team. She felt great about herself but something just didn't feel right.

She decided to go to the owlery to write home, which she hadn't done yet for some reason. The corridor's seem quiet today for some reason she thought to herself.

Harri walked happily down the third floor corridor, it seemed unusally quiet she humed quietly to herself as she carried on walking, she saw someone else and decided to go over "Hey Patricia!" she said recognising her from cooking club and work.

Yes, the corridor was unnaturally quiet. It sounded as though no one had been through this area of the castle for quite some time. Of course, that wasn't true. Because someone was sitting in the corridor right then.

Sam was simply sitting there, with her eyes closed, her cap pulled over her eyes slightly, her bangs hanging over her forehead and over her left eye, leaning against the wall and doodling idly upon a sheet of paper on her lap. She was brooding quietly, cursing herself for not at least trying out for Quidditch. She was actually somewhat competent upon a broomstick. But she had been too much of a chicken to even try out. And now, watching and listening to the other Gryffindors discuss the sport in excited voices, she felt terrible. She should have at least tried...

Patricia heard someone come up behind her, woo it wasn't as empty as she first thought, turning round she saw that it was Harriet. "Hey Harri, what brings you up to this part of the castle today?"

As the two girls walked on a bit further Patricia noticed a girl sitting on her own, "Hello there." Patricia said to the girl.

Sam's head jerked up. Her hand instinctively crumpled up the piece of paper that she was drawing upon. She looked up, her hand flying up to her forehead, but it was fine. Her hat was keeping her bangs in perfect place, obscuring her forehead. There, before her, were two girls. One was in her house, and the other was a girl that she saw in her Defense Against the Dark Arts class...P...Patricia, was it?

"Erm...hello..." she said quietly, obviously a bit nervous.

"Just wondering around!" Harri said to Patricia, "Haven't been up her alot, thought I should explore the hufflepuff teritory a bit!" she said laughing."Hey Sam!" Harri called out recognising the girl at once, she knew Sam was a bit nervous and shy and didn't want to rush her into anything "Are you okay? she asked gently looking at the piece of a paper she had just crumpled up.

As the girl looked up Patricia realised that she was a first year Gryffindor, she was in her DADA class with her. "Hi, Samantha isn't it? I'm Patricia, we have Defence against the Dark Arts together."

"Erm...Hi. Yeah. I'm fine," she stated, crumpling up the piece of paper further, not wishing to show them what she had been drawing (which was nothing truly bad, really, but she still didn't want them to see it.) It was true, nothing was wrong. Well, nothing was out of the ordinary, to be quite honest. Nothing was different. Nothing had changed. She was still quiet, still reclusive, still utterly friend-less, with that hint of having another personality under the surface of whatever personality she was portraying at the moment.

"Hey, do you want to join us? We're just have a walk." She said to Sam, who seemed quite quiet.

"Erm...okay?" Sam said a little tentatively. She stood up, putting her crumpled piece of paper into her pocket carefully. She didn't make eye contact quite yet. She couldn't quite understand why this girl would want to talk to her at all. People didn't talk to her most of the time. They never had at the orphanage. But, now, here at this school, there was just so many...talkative people. It unnerved her slightly. She had never been the social lass. Well, she had never had time to make friends, with her and her father moving around so much. She had been an outgoing, short tempered, fierce, stubborn girl before, but...now?

"So how are you? What do you think of Hogwarts so far?" Patricia said, trying to get the girl to talk, but not wanting to push her, remembering what she was like herself back home.

"It's definately...different," Sam said as they began walking down the corridor at a leisurely pace. It was true, really. She had been completely unaware of her magical ancestry until she had gotten that visit from the Headmistress of this school nearly two months ago. This whole magical world was so much different from the Muggle World she had grown up into.

"Yeah I know what you mean. I didn't even know magic existed until a few months ago when I received my letter. But even then I didn't believe it, until I got a visit from a friend of the Headmistress'." Patricia stopped talking, she hadn't been in the magical world for long but she knew how some people reacted to muggle-borns.

"Me too," Sam said, finally making eye contact with the Hufflepuff girl. She looked genuinely surprised. As far as she had known, she hadn't met anyone who was like her in the sense of being oblivious to this magical world at all. Of course, Sam wasn't a Muggleborn (half-blood was more like it), but that was irrelevant. "I didn't know about any of this until...I got that visit." She quickly caught herself before she said something she would regret.

"Really," Patricia said, surprised that she had finally met someone who was completely oblivious to magic, before they got their letters, "so did you ever have an inkling that you had magical powers or was t completely all new to you?"

Harri nodded "Same untill I got my letter I didn't know about magic, then I found out that my uncle was a wizard as was my dad..." she trailed off, they would both probably think it weird that she had only recently found out that her dad was actually magic. "Oh I did have things that I couldn't explain," she said nodding "Like at school, if I was angry or upset stuff would just..happen," she smiled remembering these occurences, "How about you?" she asked the other too, walking casually down the corridor.

"Well I have yet to find out that any of my relatives have a magical background, but I highly doubt any of them will."

"Come to think of it, I don't remember anything strange happening to me when I was growing up, but I always loved magic. I mean reading books and watching films about magic, it has just always been an interest of mine."

Harri smiled "Yeah we're living every childs dream!" she said happily, "I suppose when the stuff happens you might not realise, I didn't untill I came here then everything kind of clicked into place!" she said clicking her fingers.

"Yeah I know, especially the flying part, I always wanted to fly and now I can whenever I want."

"I suppose, after all it is only what my third week here, I just to give it sometime."

Harri nodded "Yeah still got a long way to go!" she said in agreement. "Oh do you like flying then? Picking it up easily?" she asked.

"I love flying. I suppose I got on to it quick enough, for some mad reason I let Bianca talk me into joining the quidditch team and now I'm keeper." Patricia said with a sort of shocked look on her face, it was still hard to believe that she had such an important role in her house.

"Congratualtions!" Harri said cheerfully "Thats great, Suppose were enemies now then?" she said jokingly "I'm a chaser for Gryffindor!" she said happily.

"Thank you, I don't know why I tried out, I just let Bianca talk me into it. Oh great, this is going to make a few things interesting. Just promise if we come head to head you'll go easy on me, I haven't had much practise yet." Patricia said with a sort of worried look on her face.

"Well good job you let her persuade you then isn't it! Else hufflepuff would be missing out a keeper!" Harri said smiling "Easy? not so sure..." she said jokingly. "Yeah I still need some practise myself, I'm not the best on the team if you know what I mean." she said laughing, though she knew she was the worst player on the team she was determind to get better.

"Yeah I know, but I think we have a back up keeper, a lot of people turned up late for try outs. So it's me who has to go easy on you then is it?" Patricia said laughing.

"Don't worry, if you are a bit behind I might let a few ones in." Patricia said with a slight wink and a grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back