Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Unyielding Chestnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Aodhan nodded his head when his uncle made him promise to wait for him outside the second-hand store until he got back. He figured that he wasn't allowed to venture the Obsidian Harbour alone anymore since he had so rudely disobeyed his uncle's word the last time the two of them visited the harbour together. Aodhan sighed and leant against a wall next to the store, waiting impatiently for his uncle to be finished with whatever business he had inside because he was getting bored the longer he had to wait for him. The school year had only ended a week or two ago and already the Gryffindor found himself wishing that he could be back to start his third year there. With the help of his uncle, Aodhan figured out what he wanted to do after graduation and the fact that he had finally found something that seemed like something he could see himself do made him very excited to actually pay attention in classes. For now, however, it was back to being extremely bored whilst waiting for his uncle return from the store.

Visiting Obsidian Harbour with her family was always a slight trial in Rory's eyes. Everyone always wanted to do something different, and it was usually her parent's and sister's wishes that got prioritised over her own. Apparently letting Sophia pat puffskeins that she wasn't allowed was more sensible than letting Rory look at brooms she wasn't allowed, for some reason that didn't actually make sense to Rory at all. At the moment, she was trailing along behind the rest of her family as they walked up the street, and she was just considering the idea of ghosting along behind her sister when she suddenly saw her friend Aodhan leaning up against a wall on the side of the street. Rory shot a quick glance at her mother and father's backs, then made a snap decision and changed direction. It wasn't like they wouldn't be able to find her again if they stopped. Making her way over to her friend, Rory grinned at the bored look on his face. "Hey. Seen any of those man-eating centaurs lately?"

Aodhan groaned every time he looked down at his watch to see how many minutes had passed since his uncle told him to wait outside for him. He had a feeling that he was being punished for not listening to his uncle the last time they were here because it was taking him an absurdly long time to sell the owner of the second hand store a couple of their old and useless stuff. Aodhan's face lit up when he saw his friend approaching him and smiled widely at her. It was as if his prayers had been heard when Rory stood in front of him with that silly grin on her face. ''Merlin's beard, am I glad to see you,'' he said before pushing himself off the wall he'd been leaning on this whole time. He laughed softly at the comment she made about the centaurs and shook his head, finding the whole situation quite amusing now. ''Please, tell me you have come to save me from dying of boredom, Rory.'' Aodhan hoped that now that his friend was here, he could have some fun whilst he had to wait for his uncle.

Rory's grin only widened at the plea Aodhan made of her - it would be absurdly easy to accomplish she was sure of it. "Of course, saving people from boredom is what I do best, you know." Not to mention saving herself from boredom - she was already having much more fun talking to Aodhan than she'd been having during her entire family outing so far. Raising her hand above her eyes as if searching for something, Rory made a show of peering down the street. "I'm sure I saw a centaur down by Ollivander's before - we could go ask him what his favourite way to eat human flesh is..." It never ceased to amaze Rory how hard it was to keep from bursting out into laughter while she was trying to pretend to be serious.

Glad that Rory seemed to have come to save him from his boredom, Aodhan grinned back at his friend. He was thankful that she was here now because he didn't think he could wait for his uncle much longer. Frowning when it seemed like Rory was looking for something further down the street, he turned his head around to look into the street as well, wondering what it might be that she was looking for. Aodhan was about to ask her just that when she made a comment about centaurs. ''No,'' the Gryffindor began, taking a better look into the street just to make sure that there wasn't really a centaur there before turning his head back at her. ''Rory, no, please don't start this again, you know that I don't like them!'' he begged, though doubted if she would actually listen to him this time.

There was really nothing that could stop Rory from laughing now. Turning back to Aodhan she had caught the horrified look on his face, and it was actually beginning to make her cry, that's how hard she was laughing. "Merlin, you're an idiot! What would a centaur be doing here? Your face!" However, talking, laughing and breathing at the same time was actually surprisingly difficult, and Rory had to give herself time to calm down and wipe the tears from her eyes before she could say anymore. "Oh man, you actually look pretty upset. Poor baby," she mock-pouted at him. Still, she remembered that back in the forest they'd actually had to turn around and go back to the castle Aodhan had become that uncomfortable, and though she definitely wasn't sorry for scaring him today, she could probably make up for doing it the first time. "Look come on, I'll buy you some ice cream or something. Now you know I'm sorry." It certainly wasn't the type of thing she'd ever done for Aodhan before.

Aodhan pressed his lips together out of annoyance when Rory started laughing about it. He couldn't believe how funny she thought it was when he was genuinely scared of centaurs. He shrugged his shoulders saying, ''I don't know? Maybe they buy ingredients for potions here or something like that?!'' while ignoring the comment she made about his face because in his opinion there was nothing wrong with it. He gave Rory a little push when she was mocking him and crossed his arms whilst turning away from her, both annoyed and upset that she had brought up centaurs again. He had never liked centaurs before, and the stories told to him by older housemates didn't really help him get over his dislike for the beasts, in fact, it made him even more afraid of them than he already was. Aodhan looked at his friend out of the corner of his eyes and nodded his head slightly. He liked ice cream way too much to ignore Rory's apology. ''I want three scoops of ice cream of my choosing.'' he told her before a slight grin appeared on his face.

Rory didn't know how she couldn't laugh at Aodhan, he was making this far too easy. "Centaurs don't make potions, dummy. They don't even leave the forest, probably. I can't believe you fell for tha-" Interrupted by Aodhan pushing her, Rory staggered to the side from the unexpected act, but soon returned to her place in front of him no less amused. He looked pretty annoyed, but Rory was sure he wasn't mad enough at her that he would turn down ice cream - she was very glad to find out that she was right. Although, she wasn't sorry enough to be a complete pushover. "Two scoops," she said, putting her hands on her hips. "I'm not that rich - I want one too, you know. Come on, then." Swinging around, Rory began heading up the street towards Florean's. Aodhan could argue with her if he liked, but if he didn't hurry up he wouldn't get to choose his own flavours either.

''Fine, two scoops.'' he said, still grinning at her. He could argue with her all he wanted but figured that if he was going to push it too much, he wouldn't be getting any ice cream at all. ''But I still get to choose my own flavours.'' He turned to look over his shoulder at the store his uncle was in and then back to his friend. His uncle had made it quite easy for him to choose his friend rather than doing what he was told and stay put, as waiting for him had been less boring the moment Rory showed up. ''Hold up.'' Aodhan said, following her. He couldn't help to look around the street for the magical creature whilst the two were heading towards the ice cream parlour even though he knew that she was joking.

All Eryk wanted was for him and his nephew to have some quality bonding time while visiting the Obsidian Harbour after not having seen him since Christmas. However, when the thirty-three-year-old stepped outside of the second-hand store to go buy school supplies for Aodhan's third year at Hogwarts next, he noticed that the boy wasn't where he had left him earlier. Eryk turned to look around the corner of the building in the hope that his nephew had been standing there waiting for him instead but he wasn't there either. He closed his eyes and sighed. For a brief moment, the man wondered if Aodhan did this to annoy him as this was the second time now that he had walked away from him when he told him not to do that. So, like last time, more annoyed than worried about his nephew this time around, Eryk began to walk down the street in search for the young Gryffindor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back