Bored of Shopping already

Anastacia Ivanovich

Anastacia sighed. She had been wandering round this town for only about half 'n' hour and already she had been pushed down about 3 times when she had decided to be nice and brave and say hello and ask for directions. She looked at her knees, now scuffed and red from the horrible ground. She rubbed them slightly. They didn't hurt but it was still infuriating her that she didn't have the guts to turn round and slap them back. She looked up and surveyed her surroundings, trying to read as best she could the medieval writing that was so confusing.

Alex saw a girl trying to read something that was unreadable. So he decided to go over. "hi um you better stop trying to read that or your gonna get a headache"he said.

Anastacia had gotten the first word though it did no use. All it did was say the shopkeeper's name. She looked startled as someone just said something to her. Her heart stopped for a beat before starting again as she registered what he said in her mind. She smiled. 'Zanks for ze prior varning zough it's maybe a bit too late,' she replied. 'So ho are you Alex?'she asked him, remembering him before from the field.

Alex finally recoginized the girl. "i'm good Anastacia how are you?" Alex had a major crush on this girl.

Anastacia smiled. 'Headache,'she tried to pronounce though it was pretty hard with her native tongue getting in the way. She pointed to her head before smiling again. 'So I take it you vere shopping?'she asked as she walked to the next window of the shop. The lights were very dark inside still and this forced Anastacia to try and read the old painted sign once more.

Alex smiled. "no just wandering around and come on my place isn't to far from here i can get you something for that headache" he said.

Anastacia was about to nod before she stopped herself. 'Vat?'she asked accidently letting a bit of suprise slip into her tone. She wasn't sure about this. After all, she hardly knew the boy really and besides, what would her brother say. 'Umm, I don't kno. My brozer,' she said leaving it hanging. She looked about. Her brother seemed pretty occupied with the bad architecture at the moment. She shrugged. 'Oh, ok,' she said, willing to follow the boy. That was after of course Ana rubbed on the window shop lightly with her hand and pressed her face near to have any hope of seeing what was in it. So that was the wand shop.

Alex gut told him to tell her about the crush and that his cousin would be there. "if it makes you feel any better my cousin who lives with me is gonna be there" he said.

Ana laughed as he said his cousin would be there. 'And hoo might your cousin be?'she asked him, curious none the less. She pulled away from the window, glad of her discovery. 'Zat's a vand shop you kno,' she told him, sort of proud in having found that by herself. After all, he could've offered to read the sign of the shop for her or even tell her but he didn't. Not that she minded of course, but she still liked to know.

Alex smiled even though he knew he kind of liked her being excited. "no i didn't thanks for tell me. my cousin is Angel Roberts" he said.

Ana laughed as he lied for her. 'I am sure you did. Your just telling me zat to keep me happy,'she replied as she walked along the lines of the cobles. It always amazed people how easily distracted she got when she wasn't dancing or playing on the violin. 'Vell, I am sure your cousin vill like meeting me,'she joked with him, before twirling for the sake of it. She had yet to do her dance practicing today.

Alex smiled. "your welcome i bet she will to do you dance?" he asked.

And smiled at the boy, giving him a sideways glance. 'I do actually.' was all she replied to the boy this time. She felt herself speaking a lot more than he was for some reason and she did hope she wasn't seeming too chatty. She wanted to mention about the building at the top but didn't yet. Instead, she looked at another shop, so glad she could just read the sign this time without having to concentrate.

Alex smiled. "that's awsome " he said.

Ana smiled. 'Vhy zank you,' she replied, bowing to him jokingly. She had no idea why she was in a happy mood with him all of a sudden. Maybe it was because he was the first local who hadn't pushed her down on the ground today. She noted that the next shop was a candy shop. She so wanted to go in but she knew she shouldn't eat sweets a lot. Besides, she didn't have enough money for anything. She pointed to the big building at the end. 'Ho do your people survive with such ugly buildings?'she asked him, amazed. 'In St.Petersburg, ve take great pride in making zings look so big and beautiful,' she added, to explain her point. Though, there really was no need. The building was ugly in her mind as much of the other buildings in New Zealand. She had yet to come to a building she could say was nicer than something back at home.

No bother. I don't mind. :D

Alex saw the candy shop was kind of in the mood for candy. "want some" he said pointing to it.

Ana looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Had he listened to anything she had just said to him? 'Umm, I have no money to spare,' she replied to him after a few seconds. 'Vere you listening to vat I said?'she asked him as she continued following him. Boys, she thought in her head. Her brothers were the same sometimes. The minute a butcher came along and you were talking to them, they randomly asked if you wanted some. She still never understood how that happened.

Alex frowned. "never mind" he said.

Ana was confused now. She frowned back at him though she couldn't hold it and burst out laughing. 'Ok, so can I tell you somezing? You are a very confusing person,' she told him smiling widely. She looked back seeing her brother looking at her very subtly. She didn't bother wavinng at him this time though. She was having a conversation with a friend. Nothing wrong with that.

He smiled. "yeah i know"

"yeah" Alex said smiling at her.

'Good,'she replied, now deciding she would do what he was doing to her. She was going on the silent treatment. I mean, c'mon. It wasn't hard to ask for more than a one-sided conversation. She sighed. 'Do you have any idea on what house you'll end up in?'she asked him, before realizing she was meant to be taking the silent treatment. Damn. Next time.

Alex smiled. "Ravenclaw, you going to HNZ?" he asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back