Bored at the Airport ( Open!! )

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Vivienne sighed lightly as she stepped out of the black limo. She was off to France for the holidays to be with her parents. Her cousin was coming too, which was a blessing, as she loved him very much. But it was also a curse, as it had taken a lot of drama for them to get there.

You see, she'd convinced Noah to let her parents in on the whole thing
*, as it was becoming hard to hide him. He'd had serveral close calls, when they'd come home for business and Svetlana would have to hurry him to the attic. When Noah finally gave himself up, Vivienne's mother and father hadn't reacted warmly to the news. Their nephew had been staying at their lake house for months, without their knowing. However, with much begging, they decided to take Noah in.. on one condition. That he turned himself into his parents first. He did so, but it wasn't pleasant. His mother had welcomed him with open arms, she had been so upset when her son had ran away. His father, however, was more angry than relieved. Possibly it was just in the heat of the moment, but he had disowned Noah, telling him to stay with Vivienne forever, and to not come back. Choosing to walk away from the imminent arguments, Noah hugged his mother, and left.

Now, Vivienne pushed those thoughts aside, ready to enjoy her trip to Paris. She pulled a blue cardigan over her dress, and grabbed her carry-on bag. Smiling appreciatively at the driver as he piled her many other bags onto a trolley, Vivienne flicked open her passport and stifled laugh. It really was a bad photo, but she found it funny, rather than embarassing. Giving a last nod to the driver, she watched him drive away and turned to Noah. "Have you got the documents? The one allowing us to travel unaccompanied? You know? Because we're minors and we need the document stating that we're going to be picked up at the other end?" she asked, realising that he probably understood the first time, but wanting to make sure.

* For those who are unaware, Noah ran away from his home a few months ago and has been hiding out at Vivienne's lake house. The only other person who knew was Vivienne's nanny, Svetlana, who wasn't too pleased about it.

Noah followed Vivienne out of limo, shutting the door behind him. He looked back at the car, hardly believing that he'd agreed to travel in it. He was usually dead set against travelling in anything so ostentatious, but today he was anxious to get to the airport, no matter how. Although he was still a little bummed from the incident with his parents, Noah was glad to be done with it. Now, he could go to France knowing that he wouldn't have to worry about it all.

Turning to Vivienne, he laughed as she opened her passport. The photo pretty awkward, but his was worse. "If we're having a Worst Passport Photo competition, I win hands down," he joked, holding the passport up for her to see. His hair was sticking in all directions, and his eyes were drooping slightly. The photo was obviously taken during his worst time of day, the morning.

Noah rolled his eyes playfully when Vivienne asked him about the document. It was usual for her to ask the simplest things in the most complicated ways. It was one of her annoying quirks, everyone had them. "Yeah yeah, it's in my pocket," he answered, pulling out a crumpled sheet of paper. "Uhh.. maybe it would be safer with you," he laughed, handing it to her.

Zipping up his blue and gray jacket, Noah walked over to the trolley and surveyed it. "VJ, jeez.. could you have any more stuff?! You should become a buddhist, and learn that material possessions are not what's important in life," he told her, giving his usual hippy spiel. Pushing the trolley towards the doors of the airport, he turned back to her. "So.. are you coming? Or are you gunna stand in the street all day?" he laughed as the automatic doors slid open, and Noah headed for the check-in desk.

Vivienne laughed heartily when Noah showed her his photo. He looked like a zombie on drugs that had just gotten out of jail. "Wow.. just a wee bit worse, I must admit.." she giggled, putting her passport back into her bag. Vivienne rolled her eyes when Noah pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. It was just like him to do that. Taking the document, her eyes flicked down it to make sure it was the right one. Noticing a green blob stuck to the corner, Vivienne looked up at her cousin and tipped her head to the side slightly. "Is this.. what I think it is?" she said, pulling it off with a thumb and fore finger. "You stuck a candy to important paper work?" she laughed, throwing the green gummy bear at him. "You are something, Noah.." she smiled, shaking her head.

Vivienne watched, perplexed, as her cousin studied the pile of Louis Vuitton bags. Her mouth dropped open when he told her to take up buddism and to get rid of all her stuff. "I'll have you know, Noah James Esquire, that I am not materialistic! Most of these are instruments or school stuff!" she poked her tongue out, defending her things. When Noah began to head towards the check-in desk, she laughed and jogged after him. "Wait for me!" she said, punching him feebly in the arm. Making their way to the counter, Vivienne pulled out her passport and the now gummy-bear-free paper.

- We shall skip the boring airport bits :p -

The flight didn't leave for a few hours yet, so the pair could wait in the seating area, food court, or do some shopping. Full from their hearty breakfast of waffles and fruit, and not needing to buy anything, they made their way to the rows of grey couches. Bored within minutes, Vivienne crossed and uncrossed her legs several times, fidgeting in the soft yet lumpy chair. Looking across to her odd cousin, she couldn't help but giggle. Noah was sitting upside down, his head hanging off the front and his legs over the back. "You are the weirdest person I've ever met.. and I've met my share at Hogwarts!" she laughed, skipping over to sit on the couch next to him.

Taylor walked into the airport, arguing with her mother, Maisie. "I don't want to stay with Delani! Why can't we go somewhere for a change?" she said sulkily. "Because, she invited us, and I accepted." Maisie said crossly. "Adelaide, we'll catch up later, you go do what you need to do." she said to a pallid, grumpy looking girl of about seventeen. Adelaide grunted, and stalked off. Adelaide as going to France to see some friends, a few people who knew she wasn't dead. Adelaide parents thought she was dead, but her uncle knew she was still alive and she had been forced to look after one of her cousins, who was starting Hogwarts that year.

Taylor folded her arms, and followed her mother and Adelaide, people-watching. She liked watching people, especially at airports. It was interesting trying to guess where people were going or coming from. As they drew nearer to the flight desk for departures for France, Taylor thought she saw someone she recognised. She dismissed it, as no-one she knew would be in an airport today. She looked again, and there was no mistaking Vivienne Esquire this time. "Mum, mum, it's Vivienne!" Taylor said, tugging on Maisie's sleeve. "Oh, go on then." her mother said, explaining to the clerk at the desk that Taylor was just going to see a friend. "Viv! Vivienne!" Taylor said loudly, causing a few people to stare a the girl running to her friend.

She ran up to where her friend was sitting, and suddenly stopped. "Hi Viv." she said brightly, looking at the boy sitting with Viv with a confused expression on her face.

Noah laughed when Vivienne found a gummy bear stuck to the paper. "VJ, it's a DISEASE! It's an ADDICTION!! AN ADDIIICCCTIOON I TELL YOUU!!" he cried dramatically. He really was a strange person, never caring what people watching thought of him. He was unique, and all his friends loved him for it. Noah thought for a second.. why hadn't Viv told her friends where they were going? Had they fallen out? He decided not to mention it, and they went to check in.

- La de da, same as before :p -

Noah sat on the lumpy grey chair, his head hanging backwards off the end, and his legs over the back. He watched the world move upside down, the flurry of people hanging by their ankles off the ceiling. When Vivienne came over and called him strange, he simply stuck his tongue out at her.

After a few minutes of sitting, looking at the funny upside down people, Noah heard someone address his cousin. The blood was rushing to his head now, so he looked a bit red. "Helloo there, whoever you are!" he announced, unable to move his head to see who it was.

Vivienne continued to sit, tapping her shoes on the floor. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone running in their direction. Ignoring it, she looked down at her feet again. A few moments later, she clearly heard that they were calling her name. Vivienne looked up sharply, she hadn't been expecting to see anyone these holidays. As her eyes met Taylor, she sighed with relief. This was no one to be worried about. In fact, it was nice seeing someone new, someone she hadn't seen in ages.

Standing up, she smiled and gave Taylor a quick hug. "Hey Taylor! Zomg, what are you doing here, how have you been, etc etc?" Vivienne laughed, hoping the amount of questions wasn't annoying. "Oh, and this the Gremlin, apparently we're related," she said indifferently, waving her hand in Noah's general direction.

Taylor grinned at Vivienne. "Zomg? What does that even mean?" she laughed. She looked at the boy sitting next to Viv, and snorted. "My aunt's friend is going to France, and I got dragged alone. Apparently she can't go to airports by herself..." she said, pointing to a grumpy looking lady who was talking to someone in rapid French. "Her name's Adelaide, and she is pure evil." she said darkly.

"I've been alright, bored out of my mind, but still alright, you?" she said with a laugh. True, Taylor had been bored since she got home, and her holidays were going to get a whole lot worse if she had to stay with the Bells' until the term started. "Hey Gremlin." she said, turning her head to the side so she could see Noah better. "Hey, what are you doing here anyway?" Taylor asked curiously.

(( I just noticed that I called Viv my sister in my last post :p ))

Laughing, Noah realised that he couldn't stay upside down much longer before passing out. He did an odd half flip, half roll thing, sliding onto his side before falling of the chair completely. "Gadzooks!! I have fallen!" he announced, jumping up and ruffling his hair. "No need to worry, I am now safe."

Bounding dramatically, he went and stood next to Viv. Although he was a year younger, the lanky boy looked like a giant next to his tiny cousin. Now that he could actually see Taylor, he could tell that she was nice, so he gave a friendly smile. "Noah," he laughed again, giving a small wave.

Vivienne laughed when Taylor asked what zomg meant. "Zomg is just like omg, but with a Z at the start, gosh!" she joked, rolling her eyes. As she listened to Taylor explain her holidays and why she was at the airport, she gave a small frown. Every holidays Vivienne had gone away on luxurious holidays, or done other cool things. She didn't know what it was like being that bored, but it didn't sound fun. As a light bulb flicked on in her head, she wondered if Taylor would be up for the idea.

"We-ell.. me and Noah are heading to Paris to deal with this family thing. After that's taken care of in like.. the first day, we're just going sight-seeing and stuff like that. I might drag Noah to the spa or shopping or something," she laughed, knowing he would just die of barf-ness. "Hmm, I know this is totally random, and your aunt might not like it, but.. do you want to come? Obviously you don't have your bags or whatever, but we can pick you up some stuff in France!" Vivienne grinned, picturing Taylor as her life-sized barbie doll. "So.. are you up for it? Like I said, it's just clothes and facials and looking at the night lights from the Eiffel tower, but we could make it fun!" she joked, knowing full well that those things were already awesomely fun for her. She just knew that it would be even better with another girl there.

Looking up at Noah, she gave him her best 'you have no say in this so just say yes anyway' face. "Is it okay with you if Taylor came? Unfortunately that might mean you miss out on a manicure," she joked. "You might have to visit one of your avant-garde art galleries or something," she smiled, knowing he loved creative things like that. Vivienne did too, but these holidays she was so tired that all she wanted was a good week of relaxation.

Taylor laughed as Noah fell off the chair. Man, He's an idiot. she thought. She nodded in a joking way as Vivienne explaned with zomg meant. "Oh, but of course, who even thought of a Z. Ahh, how the English language confuses me!" she snorted. She watched Vivienne think, a brief smile flickering across Tay's face. She loved watching people think, it was always interesting. Lucky buggers. she thought, as Vivienne said she was going to France. She smiled as Vivienne laughed. She was sure Noah would hate shopping, most boys did. Her own brother, Max would hide under his bed at the mention of shopping when he was younger. Now he just walked down the road an disappeared until the girls' left. She smiled at the memory.

"Seriously? Are you sure you want me to come to France with you?" Taylor's mouth dropped open. "Just a sec." she said, running over to Maisie, and dragging her mother over to Vivienne. Maisie beamed at Vivienne and Noah. "It's fine by me, if your parents are okay with it." she said. "That way, you can make sure Adelaide doesn't kill anyone on the plane." she said seriously. Oh, do you have your passport?" she asked her daugher. "Yep, in my bag." Taylor sighed, glad her parents made her take her purse with her money and passport everywhere. "Where are your parents?" she asked the Esquires'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back