Bored and Sick...or Sick of Being Bored

Annamarie Rousseau

Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather (Fortified w/ Yew)
Annamarie was nose was still red from her cold but she was feeling alot better than she had early on in the week. "I hate being sick." she said to herself. This was the most alone she had felt all school year. She hadn't talked to her friends in a while and didn't even know if they made it back from the 2nd task safe and because of her cold she was shut up in her dorm room for the better part of a week. With the raised nerves after the Headmistress kidnapping and Annamarie's growing pile of make-up work, sitting around the Gryffindor common room was becoming a bit unbearable. A walk around the corridors would do her some good.

After walking for a bit Annamarie realized she was on the 3rd floor by her Charms classroom. She went over to a window sill and leaned against the edge. Where is my wand? she thought as she dug around in her tote bag. Ah ha...Alittle practice never hurt. Annamarie tightened her grip on her wand and focused her attention on its tip. "Lumos" she said and a beam of light erupted from the wand wand. "Nox" the light went out.

Although this was entertaining for about a second Annamarie quickly became bored. Being an only child, she should have been use to being alone but she never liked it. Annamarie glanced up and down the empty corridor, hoping someone would magically appear.

Violet wandered around the corridors, feeling quite bored. Study was always an option, but it was never an option she was willing to take if there was something else to do.
Hufflepuff house was dreary. There was a dark mood cast upon them all with the kidnapping, and with Kate being injured at the 2nd task, the first years were especially miserable. Emma was the only other Hufflepuff 2nd year, and she rarely saw her, although they did share their dorm room.

As she wandered down the third floor, right near the Charms classroom, she saw somebody practice the Lumos and Nox spells. It looked to be somebody in their first year or so, close to her age. Smiling to herself, she flattened against the wall. Near the Charms classroom, she felt she ought to practice a charm. "Homenum revelio," she muttered, waving her wand towards the figure in the window, illuminating the person.

Annamarie felt a wave of cold air and she shivered. A light suddenly lit up the exact spot where she was standing. What the... Annamarie jumped. Bright lights always scared her. She looked around corridor and saw no one there. "Hello?" she called out her voice still a little hoarse. "Is anyone there?"

Realising she'd scared the poor girl, Violet quickly came out from her hiding spot. "It's okay!" she called, brightly. "I didn't mean to alarm you. Just practicing a charm." She lit her wand with 'Lumos', and got a better look at the girl. She looked rather familiar, but Violet couldn't place her. Perhaps she's one of Angus's friends... she thought. Walking closer to the girl, she smiled. "Do I know you? I'm not quite sure if we've met."

Annamarie gave a small sigh relief when she saw that it was just a student. "Oh its alright...I guess I have been a bit jumpier now a days." she said lightly. When the girl's wand lit up she recognized her immediately. "Yeah I'm Annamarie! We met at the beginning of the year when I bought my work robes. Your Angus' older sister right?" she replied smiling. She didn't blame the older girl for forgetting who she was. Annamarie had pretty much been a social hermit (a habit she seriously needed to break) for the majority of the school year, mostly hanging out in the commonroom and only leaving for class and meals. She never really made an effort of making any new friends besides Gryffindor's and the first years she had already met.

Violet smiled in recognition. "Oh, that's right, I remember! Hi Annamarie!" She grinned and nodded. "Yeah, Angus is my brother. Poor kid." She laughed as she wandered over and joined the girl. "How are you going? Are you enjoying Hogwarts?" she asked, noting that the girl didn't look too well. Poor thing. Violet could sympathise. She was always a little ill, and rarely went outside.

"Oh its been alright...school is school even if its magical." Annamarie said laughing a little. "I just got to get over the stupid cold. I am going to have make-up work to last me until we get out for break." she pointing to her nose. "But stuff around here seems to be going a bit crazy. Were you at the second task?" she asked curiously. Annamarie didn't go because of her cold and the only things she heard about it was what the Head of House had said.

Violet laughed. "Yeah, I suppose it's never going to be a total party around here." She shrugged. "I think the cold is going around. I've got a fair bit of make-up work to do, but I think my brother's got it worse. He's barely left his dorm all semester, poor boy." She sighed as she thought of all the work she had to do. Violet seemed to procrastinate more than she actually worked. "Angus and I had just arrived at the second task and already it was mayhem. Headmistress Barker just...disappeared. It was so crazy. Then everything was a rush to get back to school and in to the common rooms. We were all in such a panic because all the Hufflepuffs seemed to be missing." She twiddled her sapphire pendant, that had fallen out from under her jumper. "I take it you weren't there? Is everyone in Gryffindor okay?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back