Books are like mirrors.

OOC First Name
Ash
Wand
Reed wood wand 12" Hippogryff Feather
Sitting in the Library Carolina glanced out the window to the rest of the school grounds, she had been a student for three years and had probably only used 5% of the entire school grounds. Turning the page of her book she was studying in Carolina continued to write notes on a large variety of Topics, not even related to what she was learning in school; However it wasn't enough, she needed another Book to get more information from. Most 13 year olds would be all spending their Spring Day outside with friends, at the Lakefront or in the Gardens, but Carolina was studying, she always studied. Lifting the Book up off the table she continued to read as she went off to find another one but not without returning the one in her hand first, glancing at the spine she started making her way up and down the aisles to find where she got it from.

Not paying attention to where she was going the Ravenclaw student collided head first with a stack off books which was magically sorting itself, she took a step back and rubbed her forehead before ducking down and continued to walk, Carolina often walked into things when she was reading, she had gotten good at Ignoring the pain and moving on knowing she would probably hit her head another four times before the day was over. Ducking into an Aisle Carolina continued to walk.

Books are like mirrors: if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out.
-J.K. Rowling

Isaiah Jeffreys was all about stories, he loved them them all, he liked creating them, he was feeling a little saddened, mostly just because he couldn't figure out what to do with his life, and while he wanted to do as much as he could, there were constantly things happening which stopped him. That was something which was happening on that very day, when his mind was racing with stories and scenarios, and just all the things which it could think of, and he was left with an essay to finish, which he knew he could never finish with his mind just so buzzed. Isaiah rubbed his forehead as he wandered into the library, he wanted, no needed to find the right books for what he wanted. He needed to be able to get some of this stuff that his head was going crazy for, so that it would stop just being in his head. Usually the moment Isaiah wrote anything down was the moment he stopped thinking about them, but he had not had the opportunity so far to do such a thing.

Once in the library, the teen was searching and searching, walking up and down the aisles, clearly looking for something but not taking the time to actually look properly or efficiently. Sighing heavily to himself, the teen noticed at the end of the aisle was a girl a little younger than himself who walked straight into a pile of floating books, she didn't even seem bothered by it, not even a little bit. Now curious, Isaiah watched her continue to make her way down the aisle, only when she had passed him, did his curiosity peak, "Excuse me," he called out walking over to her, "I'm looking for this book, you seem to know your way around," he told her before launching into what book he was looking for, with a hopeful smile at the end, the chances were that Isaiah would be able to find it on his own, but this girl seemed like someone who might help take his mind off it's current noise.

Being so immersed in her book the young Ravenclaw didn't even realize she walked past another student. Pausing when she heard a voice she looked up from her book and slowly turned around on her ankles like some strange entity had entered the room. Carolina looked at the boy who was giving her a smile and she returned it 'I kind of know my way around' she said not wanting to give the boy his hopes up, he explained what he was looking for and Carolina tilted her head slightly 'Is that a School book or a Story Book?' she asked, the title wasn't any book she had heard before and if it was a Story book Carolina would have no clue where to find it just the general area.

Waiting for the boy to Answer Carolina looked back down at the book in her hands and read a few more lines before there was a response, she didn't notice how rude she could have been coming off until she looked up again and realized she hadn't even noticed what house the boy was in. Carolina slowly closed her book and tucked it under her arm to give the other Ravenclaw student her full attention. 'Sorry' she said followed by a half chuckle 'I just really like books' she didn't want to make an excuse for her rude behavior, the boy may not have noticed it at all but she wasn't going to continue to be rude.

Isaiah smiled when she turned to him, he knew his way around the library mostly, he generally found what he was looking for if he looked hard enough for it, but mostly his interest in reading revolved around story books, which the library didn't have many of, it was likely a good thing that he wanted a certain magical books which would help settle his mind about the story floating within it. He looked at the girl and had been about to answer, thinking of the best way to do this, when she seemed to lose interest and went back to her book, so instead of saying anything, he just stood waiting until she looked back up and appeared to realise what she had done. He just smiled at her, chuckling softly when she did, "It's alright, nothing wrong with liking books, is it a particularly good book?" he asked, motioning towards it, with a slight smile.

Obviously though, he was trying to find a certain book, and he wanted her help with it, or well, he was looking to find out more about this girl, find a book and settle his mind, "It's sort of a school book, but it's to help with a story," he explained to her, unashamed of his love of reading and writing stories, even if they only rarely ever made it to being written down. Instead he just half smiled at her, "It's about," and then Isaiah launched into explaining the book he was looking for, "So can you help me?" he asked, waiting a little for her to lead the way to wherever this book was.

Thankfully the boy laughed at her mistake, she often found that she got way to immersed in what she was reading that it would get her in trouble but not this time. The boy asked about the book she was reading and she untucked it from her arm 'It's just a school book for one of my classes, Well we haven't come to this topic yet, but I just wanted to read ahead' she said not quite answering his question. Tucking the book back under her arm she listened to the boy's explanation about the book and tilted her head slightly 'Uhm well, I think it could be a few rows over, if not it's on the other side of the library, I think'
The Boy asked if she could help him and Carolina turned around and walked away from the boy expecting him to follow her, she stopped again and walked back the few steps she had already taken 'Unfortunately my life isn't narrated, or else this would be less awkward' she blushed, her interaction with other Witches and Wizards wasn't as good with her Interaction with Parchment 'Follow me, I'll show you there' she said and continued on the same path she started out on.

Carolina walked three rows down and looked at the bookshelf, 'Can you see your book here?' she asked as she looked at the lower shelves, Carolina didn't know the title of the book, so she started pulling books out of the shelf to read the description.

Isaiah smiled at her, finding it almost really nice that this girl was just so interested in the book she was reading that she would zone out so much from whatever she was doing, even if it was a conversation with someone else. he wasn't too curious about it, more that maybe if it true was so interesting that he'd like to know, might just be worth the read. Although his question went mostly unanswered, he just nodded along, as she was speaking, glad at the very least that it was close by, and when she started walking he followed just one step behind, and then stopped again, stated something incredibly strange and then moved on, "Do you want someone to narrate your life? Or just someone to tell you how to act?" he asked as she continue moving, he still followed one step behind her until they reached where this girl seemed to think that the book he was looking for would be.

Smiling his thanks before glancing at the titles of all of the books, he wasn't sure what the exact book was, and just glanced at all the titles of them, "I can't see it, but I'm sure I'll find it," he said with a smile, picked out different books, glancing at their cover and then the blurb at the back of them. He then glanced at her, "So, you like reading? Just school books or do you like stories too?" he asked her, curious about her, curious and bored enough to strike up a conversation, that he likely wouldn't have otherwise struck up. Isaiah didn't have many friends, his mind was so often occupied with so many other things and that he just didn't make many friends, or really enough of them. This was an opportunity to settle his mind by talking to someone.

Carolina chuckled at the boy's question, he didn't seem to think her too weird thankfully 'Well it would be easier, Imagine the time you would save with people asking what you're doing, just a voice over saying' Carolina paused and put on her best deep voice she could muster 'Carolina was headed to the Library to study' giggling at herself Carolina continued 'It would save time, and more time to read, although I wouldn't like someone to narrate everything I did, Sleeping would be a pain'

Standing in front of the books the boy said he couldn't see it, she exhaled 'Well, I guess it's at the other side of the library, and if not there, It's in the restricted section' she said double checking the books just to make sure, The boy asked her questions about her interest in books and she glanced at him 'I love reading, I prefer school books, It helps practically, but I can occasionally read story books, if it's for school' she said her voice getting softer as she spoke, most people thought she was strange for not liking story books as much as school books, She didn't find the need to read stories when it wouldn't help her in practical life, how would reading about The Wizard and the Hopping Pot would help her if she was attacked by something. 'What about you, Stories or School Books?' she asked curiously. Carolina picked up and put down a few more books before she was going to give up finding the book the boy wanted in this section.

Isaiah considered what she was saying about having a narrator and shrugged at her, he couldn't help but wondered what it would actually like to have someone narrating his life, there were plenty of moments where he sat, doing nothing, just letting his mind wander freely, and that was all he did, how would a narrator manage to get such a thing, would it even be possible to achieve such a thing. The boy just nodded along, "Sort of like a muggle sat nav machine, it keeps telling you what to do, but when driving on a straight road it would just annoying repeating itself," he half stated, half asked, curious about this entire idea of constant narration, to him it was such a strange something which didn't really affect his life, but currently made him very curious about it, who wouldn't be curious about such a concept, and with a mind as active story wise as Isaiah's it was no wonder he couldn't really get it out of his head.

When he really didn't see to see it in amongst the rest of the books, he just nodded at her, "Must be," he told her in agreement with her that they'd likely need to check that out before he tried something else to help settle his mind. The teen smiled at her as she answered his question about what kind of books she liked. He nodded along, not thinking it strange at all that she liked school books, Isaiah knew that people's tastes were different and he could hardly judge with the way he loved stories of different worlds, of works of fantasy, of romance. Isaiah looked at her, "Stories," he told her without needing even the slightest moment to think, "I love stories, I love coming up with them, there are endless possibilities, endless stories, you know, I just love reading them," he admitted with a smile, "School books are good fun, but there are hundreds of worlds in books all ready to explore or invent," he continued before shrugging, "The other section?" he asked, motioning for her to lead the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back