• This is how you lose the time war

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Gideon the Ninth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Children of blood and bone

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was an interesting book, for sure. For the past week, I've been trying to think of exactly what it was that was missing for me to say I loved it but it's tough to say.

It might be the vagueness that Jess mentioned - though I think it made sense in a lot of ways. Knowing the actual details of the war wasn't the point even though I would have loved to hear more about it; or the transitory nature of it like Rowan mentioned though that also made sense to convey how Blue and Red lived their lives; or that the prose while lovely 90% of the time felt like too much the other 10%. I still recommended it to a friend so I know I enjoyed it well enough. I definitely enjoyed the last quarter of the book more than the rest. Everything just seemed to come together for me a bit more, and if the whole book gave me that same rush I'd have loved it. I did read some reviews on Goodreads, and it was interesting how hit or miss it seemed to be for people. I didn't quite get the folks who disliked it altogether because it had a lot of quality aspects to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back