Bonds of Friendship

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Wandering by herself as Kasey tried to relax a bit from the pressure all the sixth years were going through at the moment, NEWTs. For this Ravenclaw it did matter a lot, all things concerned with her studies mattered as a matter of fact yet the Proffessors were adding much pressure these days. With a sigh she walked towards the lake and upon reaching it saw her reflection in the clear, still water. She was dressed in a sea green top and white shorts with some matching accessories, just the fashion trend for hot summers.

All of a sudden, the water moved and small waves were formed. Kasey looked up to see what had caused this and her eyes fell on a few first and second years who were far away on the cliffs and were cliff diving. She shrugged as she remembered the days when she was a first year. She had a bunch of friends and did stupid stuff like this, going into the forest as a dare and such. It was stupid but fun and now, her life was perfect, she was obedient, a prefect, with excellent grades but she didn't want all this at a cost of her happiness and fun. It seemed that was just what had happened in the past few years.

Ashley was yet again walking on her own with her book in hand, opened and reading it while walking. She was used to it and didn't even got any scratches or bruises, wearing her nicely outfit that her mom had bought on her 16 birthday. Ashley didn't noticed that she's in the lake front now and just stopped walking when she heard screams from the cliff. She closed her book and watched the diving students, "I wish they remember that cliff diving is not tolerated in this school." She said and sigh, turning to her left, Ashley saw a girl that she remember on her every class just starring at the diving kids.

Kasey was staring at the kids, eying them with jealousy actually when she heard a voice speak a few spaces behind her. Turning to see who was the speaker, she saw a girl whom she easily recognized from classes. She did know her name and her house because being in same year she had heard the Professor address her many times yet Kasey found it so awkward that two people in the same year had never shared a conversation. Then do it now, her mind told her.

"Very true" she agreed with a smile. "First years these days have made it their first objective to make chaos and break as many school rules as possible" she added taking another glance at the kids. "You are Ashley, right?"she asked the girl as she noticed her nice taste of fashion. "I am Kasey" she said introducing herself. "But of course you must be knowing my name"she added finding herself go a shade of red. Kasey motioned Ashley to come and sit beside her, if she wished and had the time.

Ashley straighten her posture when she heard the girl spoke, agreeing with her. Well, when Ashley was a first year she didn't quite have that enjoyment, she was always perfect on the eyes of the people in Hogwarts Scotland. "Yes, I'm Ashley." She said and half smiled, still shy to the people she met even though they see each other in classes. "And yes, I knew your Kasey." Ashley told her and hugged her book to her chest. She wanted to avoid people she doesn't know quite well but thinking it was one of her classmates it didn't bother now as Kasey motioned her to sit beside her. And Ashley did so and sat beside Kasey making an Indian sit position. "I thought Ravenclaw's are supposed to be in the library all day." She commented.

Kasey laughed when Ashley commented. It was true, well most of the Ravenclaws were in the library most of the time, Kasey being their leader but eventually one did get tired. "Yeah well, we do take breaks"she said with a smile. Watching the book that Ashely was holding, Kasey's curiosity kicked in, her Ravenclaw mind in action. "What's that book about?"she asked her with interest. She wondered if Ashley, like herself was interested in reading.

"You know, I love reading" she told her. Reading was one of Kasey's hobbies and it was the favorite on after flying. "I basically read anything that comes across me but I do love novels especially science fiction ones and then historical books, fact based works too are in my favorites" she said wanting to start up a conversation. Kasey was trying to change, she had decided to leave back her shyness and no matter how uncourageous she felt at the moment talking with this girl, she would not let it come in her way.

"Well, just curious and all. I don't much know about Ravenclaw's lives as I came from a Slytherin family. I just know that you all like studying." Basically she's not that talkative but seeing as she is there is no moving back to her shyness type of person. It was then that Kasey noticed her book and asked what is it, "Its a fictional book, Soul Stealer by Martin booth. It has some magic and science with it." Ashley told her and placed the book in front of her at the ground. The cover was a color of red and has a picture of an owl inside of a laboratory equipment which is on fire, "Were the same, I love reading books too. Especially fairy tales and scary books like Jack and the beanstalk and Goosebumps. But If I don't have any books in hand I'm at the pitch with my broom." She said and bit her lips, she begging what she expected. Nothing will loss if she became that girl and stop being an abnormal one.

"Well, Ravenclaws are normal-ish" she said laughing as Ashley said that she didn't know about Ravenclaw lives. "Wow, thats different. I mean is everyone in your family Slytherin?"she asked Ashley with curiosity. "Because I have heard that you usually go into the house where your parents were. Normally at least. My father was a Ravenclaw and my Mom was a Gryffindor" she told Ashley.

"Goosebumps used to be my favorite before I joined Hogwarts" she said with excitement as she remembered the days of her childhood when she used to read scary books and Ben used to scare her at night when she was already scared in the first place. "Soul Snatcher, thats a good title" she said with a smile as she looked at the book cover. "Could you borrow it to me once you have finished?"she asked Ashley. It seemed like a very nice book but as the saying goes, you should never judge a book by it's cover, she had to see for herself.

"Even I like flying. I play as an alternate on the Ravenclaw team, mostly as Chaser. What about you?"she asked Ashley.

"Normal for you Ravenclaw's but some says they only really want is to study and study that's why they don't get enough friends." Ashley saw many Ravenclaw's that way and never will going to be like them. "Yes, everyone except me and my younger brother, he was at Durmstrang right now and in his third year. My dad, mom and my older brother are from Slytherin. My dad got disappointed when I was sorted to Hufflepuff, he even did an unforgivable curse on me. I don't even know why I survive." She told her the whole story and smiled weakly to Kasey, but she and her dad forget about it and didn't bring it up. Her dad did apologize to her and she forgive him.

Kasey then asked if she could borrow the book she was reading when she finished it, "Of course, I'm at the last part now." She smiled sweetly to her, revealing her set of white teeth. She was informed that Kasey was an alternate for their team, again, they are the same, but at least she played many times. "I'm an alternate too, but I'm not playing. Coz, I just joined and whenever Hufflepuff play they are complete." It was always true, why should she lie but she's not hurt about it. Its fine, she could try-out next year again, her last year at Hogwarts.

"Yes, thats actually true. Most of the Ravenclaws do study a lot. But some are just brainy, you know natural types" she explained Ashley. She heard about Ashley's family and was a bit shocked when she mentioned about her father putting a curse on her. However, Kasey thought it was best to not touch the subject because it might hurt Ashley's feelings. Returning the smile she said "Thanks" as she was allowed to borrow the book.

"Wow, we do have many similarities" she said in grinning in amusement. "That's really good about Hufflepuff then" she said truthfully. It was common for Ravenclaw players to have problems, injuries, sickness or issues and thus allowing Alternates to take their place. "It's not that way about Ravenclaw"she told Ashley.

"So which year did you come to Hogwarts?"she asked her new friend not being able to exactly recall how long it had been since she had started seeing the girl around the castle. If it was in their fourth year then Kasey surely wouldn't know as she had missed the entire year. "Where did you study before Hogwarts?"

They really do have similarities, funny if they have the same parents that's not good anymore. "I came here when I was in fourth year, half of the semester one." She told her, the thing she was transfer here is because of her mom wanted them to be with her until she graduate. Her mom and dad are divorce in muggle way and her mom has a daughter which is her step sister, at first she hated her step sister but now became soft to her. Kasey then asked what school she attended before HNZ, "I'm at the original Hogwarts in Scotland, I heard that it will be closed by the ministry that's why I and my friends transfered here." Ashley explained and half smiled, looking at the lake.

"I missed my most of my fourth year at Hogwarts because we shifted from England to New Zealand after my dad passed away" she told Ashley. "But I was here since my first year"she added. As Ashley mentioned she went to Hogwarts Scotland, Kasey wondered if all the Hogwarts in the world were alike. She had never seen Hogwarts England where her parents had studied therefore she never knew about how actually other wizarding schools were.

"So is it just you and your brother?"she asked Ashley. They did have many similarties because it was the same way for Kasey. It was going to change soon once Lila and Roswalld married but for now it was only her and Benjamin. "I have an elder brother whose going to graduate this year from Dumstrang" she told her.

"You know my mom is going to re-marry so Maddiie, Jon and Jay will be my siblings too" she said grinning widely. She totally loved the Hollawarth kids and seeing them as her brothers and sisters was just too good.

That's why she doesn't see Kasey in the castle when she was new around and hearing her passed away, Ashley felt sad for her. "Sorry about your dad." She only said making a friendly looked on her. "No, I have another brother older than me and a step sister, she's younger. My brother works at the ministry of New Zealand, he and my dad transfer there work here too. I was very glad that they moved." But seeing as her dad at first in her mom's living room, he was not that happy to be there, just wanted to see her safe. Ashley frowned at the name of her fellow Hufflepuff being Kasey's siblings, "Your mom is going to re-marry to a Hollawarth? ... Isn't that freaky?" She asked thinking if one of her schoolmates parents marry her dad? that would be difficult for her.

"Thats okay. I've got past it" she said with a smile as Ashley said sorry for Steve. Kasey heard about Ashley's family. According to Kasey it was always nice to have a large family. You would always be loved and never feel lonely. "No" she said laughing as Ashley asked if it was freaky. " I mean they were sorta of dating three years ago.. but then Roswalld had to go somewhere and so he left for a year or mom. My mom was all sad and like a dead human types because at first we did feel uncomfortable to see him and Roswalld together" she explained.

"But then Benjamin and the Hollawarth guys go to Dumstrang and are good friends and same goes for me and Maddiie. So then when Roswalld came back they dated for a few months and because all the kids were happy they decided to get married" she said happily. "Ben and I are really looking forward to the wedding in winter" she said brightly smiling with the thoughts about all the good dresses she was going to get.

Ashley smiled and chuckled when Kasey told her about her mom and Maddiie's dad. Love really never fails, "Your family became big now and lot's of fun." She already had tried it being in a big family they experience fun and sadness. "I experience having a fun family but sometimes sadness comes ... troubles ... dangers." Ashley trailed off, her own problems are her own family, yes, her dad and mom agreed to be friends but still they have somethings that they don't want to be spoiled out.

"So, I think the motif of the ceremony is all white as it is winter ... And let me guess whose the brides maid ...." Ashley acting like thinking but already knew who it was, "The name starts with K and ends with Y?" She giggled.

"Yeah big family is a bit hard to manage. If one has a problem then everyone is involved and such but I think I will prefer that rather than being alone all holiday while mom work" she said with a smile. As Ashley said that the motif of the ceremony would be white, Kasey nodded. She giggled with her new friend as she guessed the brides maid. "True" she said with a smile.

"Maddie and I" she said grinning widely. "I am excited about the new dresses that mom is going to get me. You know one for each occasion, the wedding then the cocktail party and the reception" Kasey said her eyes twinkling with excitement.

Ashley understand Kasey with the family being big and all, "I don't usually stay with my dad now; I, Tom and Andrew stay with mom as my mom's second husband is a traveler. His not always at home, sometimes my dad visits us." Larry, her step dad is an Archaeologist and travels a lot. The last time Larry went home is that she's in her last year in fourth year, he was now based in Thailand.

"So, two brides maid and let me guess ... two best mans?" She cheekily grin. Ashley knew a lot about weddings as her mom is a muggle fashion designer and she makes a lot wedding dress designs. Her mom also decorates the reception and the church to be led on, Ashley helps her mom whenever she's home.

Kasey listened to Ashley as she talked about her step-dad.It was funny and sad at the same time to see the number of families that were once broken and are now living happily again. Surely there was a God somewhere who took care of all. As Ashley said about the two best mans, she smiled. They were not sure about that yet. All Jon, Jay and Ben were interested in being best mans. Lila was voting for Jay and Jon while Roswalld insisted that Benjamin should be one of them.

"We have not decided that part yet" she said with a chuckle. She remembered the last argument the boys had and Roswalld has asked all of them to impress Lila and gave her the power to decide it. "We will be having two surely unless the guys fight to death about it" she said grinning. "So does Tom study or is he young?"she asked wondering about Ashley's second brother.

It was then that Kasey got the idea to make their friendship stronger. "Ashley, why don't we hangout together next Brighstone weekend?"she asked her friend. "We could have lunch together and shop around and maybe go to the Beauty Saloon. I so need to get my manicures done" she said grinning and letting out a girly giggle. The thought of spending some time with a new girlfriend was just to happy and fun. Kasey hadn't spent time with her friends to chill from like ages.

Ashley laugh that Kasey's brother's are fighting over to be the best man. Tom and Andrew did that when her mom was married to Larry, she was annoyed that she shouted at them to stop fighting and was thrown cushion at her face. "The same happen to me, even got thrown a cushion at my face." She laugh once thinking the old days.

"Oh, Tom .. His studying at Durmstrang, his in his 2nd year now. Tom is actually going to enroll here but my dad suggested that he should be in Europe with him." She explained and half smiled, Ashley was terribly missing her brother and wanted Tom be here with her. Ashley frowned slightly at Kasey suggestion to go and hang out together, she love to go but it isn't awkward that they just meet? Well, not totally meet just now, they are classmates and see each other everyday in classes. But not always talk like this.

She was then agreed with it, "Okay, I totally need to buy some new robs and clothes as well." Ashley needed those as her mom didn't owl her anything for Christmas, her dad owl her a polka dotted skirt in the color of orange, she doesn't like the color but if your dad picks it for you there will be no 'but's'.

Kasey laughed as Ashley said the same thing had happened with her. As she told him about his brother, Kasey nodded. Smiling as Ashley agreed to go to Brighstone together her eyes fell on her watch. "Wow, we have been here for almost two hours" she exclaimed happily. It was hard to find such a good way of spending time and Kasey was glad she had found a new friend.

It was noon and Kasey was feeling very hungry. "I think we should head to lunch. I am starving" she said with a smile as she stood up.

Ashley was going to take her book when Kasey said that they were almost 2 hour in the lake front. Ashley shrugged, "Didn't even noticed." She told her and smiled. Whenever she has a talking buddy she never noticed the time. Kasey then suggested they should go for lunch, "Me too, I just took a toasted bread and milk for breakfast. I'm not that very hungry every morning."

Ashley then stood up next and brushed her dress for any sings of dirt, "Kitchen or great hall?" She asked, she was never been in the kitchen and doesn't know what it feels to eat there.

Kasey smiled as Ashley said that she had a light breakfast, it was the same for Kasey. "Great Hall" she said immediately not wanting to go to the kitchens. She had been there only once in her first year and she wouldn't risk getting caught in the kitchens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back