Bok Bok Slytherchicken

Oliver Foy

OOC First Name
Silus
Sexual Orientation
pftt
Wand
Flexible Rosewood with Hippogriff Core

It had been a few days since Oliver had been doused in green and silver glitter by a certain Slytherin student, and he'd finally worked up the nerve to come down to the dungeons and get things straightened out. He'd warned her she was going to get it. He was just nice like that, and the Hufflepuff bit his lip to stifle a laugh as he made his preparations.

The boy had been ecstatic to discover there was something akin to a dead end near the common rooms. It was dimmer than the main walkways, and in the far corners there were places to hide where it was pitch black. It was perfect, Oliver thought as he dropped a light yellow sucker at the edge where it was still visible. He then placed a small, black bucket onto the floor, wherein a mixture of glue and feathers had been prepared, and slipped off into one of the corners.

This was as close to invisible as one could get without a charmed cloak, and the boy withdrew his wand. "Wingardium leviosa!" Oliver whispered, and he watched in amusement as the bucket rose high into the air. It was nearing lunch time, and it wouldn't be long until she'd had to pass this way.

Sapphire wondered back down towards the common room by herself as she normally did. It's not that she didnt like any of the other Slytherins in her year, it's just she hadn't really talked to any that seemed to like her.

She had her nose stuck in a potions book, browsing the different ingredients and what they did. Sadly, though, this particular book wasn't offering her anything new or interesting. She snapped it shut with a frustrated sigh.

It was when she went to put it in her bag that she saw it- a butterscotch sucker was laying right by that dead end hallway. She looked surprised, and looked back in her bag. Had she dropped one? It wasn't like she could count and check, the way she had been trying to bribe the other kids with treats.

She eyes it suspiciously. She couldn't really recall being by that Hall this morning, but that didn't mean anything. She reached into her bag and pulled out a few pebbles. She threw one into each corner of the hall, hard. If it was a set up, she was bound to hit somebody.

It wasn't long until someone came by, and while he wasn't visible in his corner, Oliver was able to clearly see the person and their book in front of him since they stood in the light. The individual eventually shut their book closed, and the Hufflepuff's heart rate sped up as he recognized his awaited target. Not long now. He thought with a grin to himself.

She took notice of the sucker he'd left there, laying there looking like it'd been innocently dropped, and he crossed the fingers on his free hand, his left still gripping tightly onto his wand. Sapphire was now reaching into her bag, and Oliver's eyes widened in panic as she withdrew pebbles. She was so clever, but luck was sometimes better, and the Hufflepuff felt relief as he was able to slide slightly out of the corner and dodge her throws.

They simply hit the stone walls, and Oliver was still well concealed, his mind focused on keeping the charm working. He was starting to get nervous, seeing how suspiciously she kept eyeing the dead end, but it was too late to bail out now.

Sapphire still felt a little like this was a set up. In retrospect, looking up would probably have been a good idea. But, unfortunately, she wasn't used to magic pranks. She edged toward the sucker, reaching out and nudging it with her toe. She jumped back, expecting something bad to happen.

When nothing did, she cautiously kneeled down, bum on her heels about a foot away from the sucker. She reached out for it slowly, still unsure. Her fingers brushed the wrapper of the treat.

Oliver bit his lip to keep from barking out laughter as Sapphire nudged at the piece of candy and then jumped back. He watched carefully as she kneeled about a foot away from the sweet, barely touching it with her fingers. The Hufflepuff glanced upwards briefly to see that she was just in range of the bucket, and his eyes gleamed. It was now or never, and with a swift movement of his arm he let the thin black bucket fall, its gluey black and yellow feathers raining down fast at whatever was beneath.

He burst out in laughter and moved his shoulders to relieve the tension in his arm from holding the charm for so long, but he remained hidden in the dark for now, hoping she wouldn't be too mad at him. It was only fair, he thought.

Sapphire shut her eyes and tensed as everything went black and yellow. She bit back laughter. It was obvious who had caught her. She blew a feather out of her eyes, glad she had figured out that easiest way to get glue out of her hair years ago.

She sat there, waiting patiently for the Hufflepuff to emerge. "Olivander," She called, her voice low. She drew out his name a little, trying to sound more intimidating than she was. She wasn't exactly glaring up at the darkness. More like staring impatiently.

Oliver almost tripped himself barking with laughter as the Hufflepuff themed feathers coated the Slytherin girl. He then heard her call him out by the nickname she'd given him and he stilled. The second year watched her eyes carefully before slowly slinking out from the shadows to where she sat.

He bit his lip, stifling a laugh, and held out his hand towards her in an apologetic gesture. "Hey, Sapphire. It's good to see you again." Oliver said with a guilty looking smile, his voice giving away his nervousness.

Saph waited patiently until Olivander got close. He held out his hand, nervousness clear on his face. She flashed a wicked grin before jumping at him faster than he could respond. Within moments she had him pinned on the floor, her bag under his head so he didn't crack his head open on the stone floor.

She sat perched on the boys chest, unwrapping the sucker and popped it into her mouth. "I'm rather partial for butterscotch, so I suppose I can find it in me to forgive you." She placed the wrapper on his nose, smiling playfully.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the delay, I had 18 people come into the restaurant and they wanted me to actually work ;)

All Oliver saw was a rather devilish looking grin appear on Sapphire's face, and then he was looking up at her with wide eyes, his breath temporarily gone. He watched as she unwrapped and starting munching on the bait he'd used, and he groaned at the weight on his chest as she leaned forwards slightly to place the wrapper on his nose.

Oliver simply blew the thin cellophane off and rolled his eyes up at the Slytherin, trying not to smile in vain and then finally giving in. "Good. Then in turn I will forgive you for using me as a chair." He replied, slowly propping himself up onto his elbows. After a moment passed the Hufflepuff let out a small laugh. "I did warn you, you know."

OOCOut of Character:

Lol, no problem! It wasn't long at all, and that sounds like a lot of people! I went and got showered and ready for bed. :D

Sapphire shifted her weight onto her feet so that she was hovering more than sitting on the Hufflepuff. She smirked when he said he had warned her, and started plucking feathers off and dropping them onto him. "Well, then I suppose I should inform you, dear Ollivander, that you have gone and declared war." She winked at him before standing up.

She held out her hand. "How about I go and shower and then we find somewhere nicer to talk? Might as well get to know the enemy," She teased playfully.

Oliver found it less of a challenge to breathe as the Slytherin shifted her weight off his chest, and he gave a grateful look before rolling his eyes. She'd begun plucking off some of the feathers that coated her and dropped them onto him. They collected in his hair and he resisted the urge to laugh again.

The Hufflepuff quirked a brow up at Sapphire as she stood and made her statement on war. He chuckled as she sent a mischievous looking wink his way, and grabbed the hand she'd offered him to pull himself back on his feet. Oliver brushed some of the gold and black feathers from his hair and gave her a playfully challenging look. "It's also good to know their weaknesses." He responded while pulling a second sucker halfway out from his pant's pocket and allowing the wrapper to crinkle.

Saph snorted when he pulled a sucker halfway out of his pocket, ruffling her hair and watching the feathers fall out. "Silly Olivander," she teased, shaking the cloak of her uniform dramatically. "You'll need more suckers than that to tempt my sweet tooth." She wiggled her bag. "I have too many of my own to succumb to your wily ways,"

She teased him, thoroughly enjoying herself. It wasn't often that she truly enjoyed someone's company, and aside from Alkander the Gryffindor, she hadn't found anyone in this school who could put her in this good of a mood. Even if she was covered in feathers.

"Okay, where do you want to meet? These feathers are gonna drive me nuts."

Oliver's bright blue eyes gleamed with mischief at Sapphire's dramatic words and he shot her a wild grin. "I have no doubt in your abilities to do so." He replied, tilting his head up confidently. He enjoyed her teasing immensely. The Hufflepuff had almost given up on finding someone up for fun and games, and then he'd happened to come across Sapphire. He'd couldn't recall having a time as half as exciting without the Slytherin.

He stifled a chuckled as she remarked how the feathers were a nuisance and thought over her question for a moment. "Ladies first. You pick." He replied, really wanting to see what she'd choose. While she had her plans to shower and rid herself of the feathers, Oliver would return to his room and change clothes as his own had his own little bits of dried glue and fluff to deal with.

Sapphire thought carefully about where she wanted to hang out. "Well... The student longue is probably the best for sitting to chat, but it's always so full..." She thought for a bit, before snapping her fingers. "What about the astronomy tower? It's a bit of a walk but it's really pretty at night."

She wondered if it was a bad idea after she said it. She never really thought these kind of things through enough to know if it would work or not. Normally she just thought, and then proceeded to doing.

Oliver knew he'd be pleased with whatever Sapphire chose, and she definitely did not disappoint. The Astronomy tower was his favorite place within the castle walls, and he'd only ever visited it during class with Professor Harrington. Face bright, he sent the Slytherin girl a warm smile and began slowly walking backwards. "How about tonight, then?" He replied, hoping she'd agree to it. The second year was already anticipating their meet up.

Sapph nodded, relieved as Ollivander agreed to her meeting spot. "Okay, yeah. Sounds like a plan. An hour before curfew?" She hiked her bag over her shoulder, anticipating the thought of a warm shower. She ruffled the feathers out of her hair some more. She hadn't made plans with someone to just talk before, and it made her nervous. What would she say? What did people talk about?

She shrugged away the worry a second after it hit her. She'd handle it the way she handled everything. She'd just have to wing it and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back