Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Pink for @Ilija Olaf, open after

"You know, I checked the old toilets upstairs and you weren't there, very disappointing," Katy announced as she dropped into the spot opposite Ilija, smiling at him as she set the pink rose on the table between them. It was the first pink one she'd gotten to deliver and she was thrilled it was to a name she recognized, though it had taken her a moment to place it to the nervous kid she'd met earlier. "This is for you," She said slyly, nudging the pink along the table towards him.

To say that Ilija spent most of his time with tears in his eyes and guilt in his stomach was an understatement. He knew he couldn't do more than he was already doing but it still pained him to know what he was doing to those closest to him. He looked up when the girl from the bathroom sat opposite and tried to crack a joke, and he gave a half a smile to that she didn't think he was just ignoring her. A rose was quickly nudged in his direction, although he was debating whether he even deserved to read it. He looked at it for a moment, before pushing it back towards Katy.

Katy's smile quickly fell when Ilija simply slid the rose back to her wordlessly. She wondered if he was freaking out again about something, but he mostly looked more miserable than anxious this time. "Hey no, come on, someone wanted you to have this," She said, picking up the rose and placing it more firmly in front of Ilija. "See, it's got a note and everything," She added, waving the note invitingly and sliding it over as well. "Is something up again?" Katy asked, propping her chin in her hand and looking at Ilija with concern.

Love Padme

Ilija sighed wordlessly, once again Katy wasn’t going to let him leave a stone, or note in this case, unturned. He read the note and even though he was reading his girlfriends name with the pink rose, his heart sank. “Thanks,” he said simply, laying the note back down again. Shaking his head, Ilija did his best to act as though everything was fine. Maybe it was, maybe he was just overthinking it again. “Did you get some roses?” He asked, since everyone else seemed to ask that when the got one and he wanted to be polite to the Gryffindor.

"Try not to look too excited about it," Katy said, still frowning when Ilija read his note. He looked like he'd swallowed an acid pop or something and it was depressing. "Most folks would be pretty happy about getting a pink one. I know I would, I just got a couple of yellow ones," She said, with a sigh, not that she'd been expecting any dramatic love confessions today, but it would have been nice. "Did you forget to send your girlfriend a rose or something?" She asked, resisting the urge to reach out and look at the note herself.

Most folks probably didn’t feel guilty when they thought about their girlfriends. He’d sent her a red one too so what did that mean? “No I didn’t forget,” he said with another wave of guilt. He had last year. Katy didn’t make any effort to leave him alone athough he didn’t think he could really just announce what was going on in his head, especially because she was almost a stranger. He always tried to push himself towards Padme, but even now it felt as though he was a type of glue that just never wanted to stick. “It’s fine, I’m really happy I got this,” he said dryly, “It’s from my girlfriend and it’s pink,” as though stating the obvious was going to be enough to satisfy Katy’s curiosity.

"Wow, yeah you sound thrilled," Katy said flatly, taking the rose and poking Ilija in the arm with its stem. "If you didn't forget, what are you so glum about? Trouble in paradise?" She asked, twirling the rose a bit as she admired it before putting it back down. Some part of her brain, the part that sometimes sounded suspiciously like Elliot told her to leave Ilija alone, but he just looked so miserable, and despite her curiosity, Katy really did want to help if she could. "I can leave if you want.. But talking about it really does help," She sing-songed.

As Katy pushed the topic more, even singing some of the lines, he knew it would draw attention to them and he felt sick to his stomach that people might be looking his way. “No. I said it’s fine.” He didn’t want to get angry, he hated himself when he was angry but he couldn’t just talk about it. It wasn’t that simple and nothing about this was going to help. Abandoning his food and his rose, Ilija moved off the bench and stood from his seat, “Ive got class,” he lied, turning to walk speedily out the room before she could ask him any more questions that he didn’t have the energy or the answers for.

Katy knew she'd pushed too hard when Ilija abruptly left, leaving his rose laying on the table. "Or you can leave, that works too I guess.." She said to herself, picking up the abandoned rose sadly. "Technically I delivered you," She said to the rose, giving it a gentle pat before sighing and moving to check her next delivery on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back