OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 17 1/2 Inch Sturdy Yew Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Ever since seeing his first Quidditch game, Malik had been just a little enchanted with the whole thing. It seemed like fun and he was almost considering trying it out for himself. Of course, the problem with that was he had never flown a broom before. He'd been homeschooled and it was not as though his father could teach him. His father was over eleven feet tall and couldn't properly sit on a broom. But Malik still had a chance. He might be tall, but he was sure he could still fly if he wanted to and he might not get the chance again in the future. After all, he had no idea how tall he was eventually going to be. So, while he still had the opportunity, he was going to take it. The only problem was finding someone to teach him. Which was why he was now awkwardly loitering around the edge of the Quidditch pitch hoping someone might come along he could ask. He thankfully didn't have to wait very long, eyes lighting up as he spotted someone. "Excuse me," he was quick to call out, "You are on the Quidditch team, yes? I remember seeing you on the bench during the last game."

Vincent Poe wished that they had won the game cause then he could have been over in New Zealand, where he was born and raised! But alas, that did not happen. Ilvermorny must have been good. That was why he was tending to his broom while on the pitch. His hair was a bit of a mess, in every direction and half black, half blonde. He even had his sweater on since he thought it was still a bit cold. Very cold actually. Of course, he was humming and polishing the broom when he heard a voice that shocked him so much that he tossed the brush up into the air, and it landed behind him as he saw a student approach. His eyes blinked a couple of times at the height of the student. Must have been a growth spurt. He was going to hit his eventually, but he was still just a small boy. He was used to others being taller than him. So, the height didn't strike him as too abnormal. Right, answer back in French. "Yeah. I'm an alternate seeker. What's up?" Vincent gave the lad a friendly smile.

He had been confident he was actually speaking to someone on the Quidditch team, smiling at the shorter and younger boy. "Perfect, I thought I recognized you from the games." It was a lot easier to recognize those who had been sitting still on the bench compared to those zipping around the air back and forth. He might have no problems with seeing over the top of people's heads, but it was still hard to make out the face of someone flying past at speed. "It might be a strange request, but I was wondering if you would teach me how to fly? I assume you are quite good at it if you made the team. You see, I have never had the chance to learn before and I would qiute like to know how. Quidditch seems quite fascinating and I would enjoy trying myself."

Vincent did not think that he would have been recognized from the games seeing as he didn't play, but it was still nice to be recognized one way or another. "That is pretty cool," Vincent smiled warmly, albeit was a little crooked. He continued to stare at the student and heard his request. He wanted to learn to fly? Was he never taught? That seemed rather sad! Flying was amazing, and almost like pure freedom! Vincent held out his broom to him. It wasn't exactly new, since it had at least 2 years on it. "You can practice on mine! It isn't the fastest, but it is a very smooth ride!" Vincent offered. If he could fly, then he could teach him some fundamentals of Quidditch. "I am Vincent Poe, by the way. And I am a third year. You aren't in my year so I don't know your name."

Malik was just a little bit startled when the boy quickly offered his own broom. Malik would have thought that most people would be protective over their brooms and wouldn't want other people using them. Especially not a newbie with no flying experience to speak of. "Are you sure?" He didn't want to accidentally break the boy's broom. And there was no saying what might happen or if he was even going to be a competent flyer or not. For all Malik knew, he could crash the second he was actually up off the ground. And then Vincent introduced himself and Malik blinked, straightening up somewhat for a change. "Oh, my apologies! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Malik. Malik St. James. I'm a fourth year, recently transferred this year."

Vincent did not see the harm in offering his own broom to the lad. Vincent was definitely a little on the odd and strange side, but he was very friendly, and felt that this guy was a good one. He wouldn't do anything bad on purpose, and his broom was replaceable, but experiences were not. "Of course! This is the best place for it, and my broom can handle some damage if you wreck!" Vincent urged, really glad that he had almost finished polishing it. "And I will be right here in case something goes wrong!" Vincent might not have a lot of healing ability, but it was best to learn how to fly with someone on the field just in case something went wrong or he got hurt. So, he recently transferred? That was cool! And his name was definitely different. Malik. "Well, it is a pleasure! I mean, we can chat more, or I can teach you how to fly? I could walk next to you while you hover around the pitch, so you can get used to it."

Being offered another boy's broom did suddenly make it feel as though all the pressure to actually do well was piling on, even if the other boy hadn't said anything of the sort. "I will try not to crash your broom," he vowed with a short salute to try and drive home the point. This boy was nice and Mailk certainly didn't want to ruin a potential friendship because he went and accidentally destroyed his broom by being a little bit too careless. "Thank you for the support," just having Vincent willing to stick around and keep an eye on things and actually teach him was helping him feel a little more confident about things. "I have no experience, so where do you think would be a good place to start? I've never held a broom before now, let alone ever sat on one." Which was, admittedly, a little embarrassing to actually admit out loud.

Vincent felt that he could try Malik with his broom, so he offered it out to him so that he could try to mount it. His broom was pretty tame so he doubted that anything would go wrong. As long as he was there. Vincent laughed softly, "I have crashed my broom a couple of times, so one more mark on it won't be a big deal!" Vincent made sure that his wand was handy just in case he needed to cast a spell to stop the broom from going haywire or something. He wasn't sure what he could cast, but he could think of something. Vincent was determined to help! "A good place to start would be to mount the broom, and hover a little bit. Then you can get comfortable. After that, you can lean forward to start going. Just a little bit cause you might zoom off!" Vincent knew that the hovering was the first step when it came down to flying. The rest would come with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back