Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
It was the day after the Yule Ball and Kira couldn't seem to take her mind off of one particular event from the night before. Most of the night had gone wonderfully. She had danced twice with the handsome Harkness twins. She'd seen Jacob Finley with a pretty girl, and that made her happy. She and Zoe Harkness had even managed to pull off their grand plan for the night- sneak Zoe into the ball wearing something better than the frilly dress Zoe'a mother had sent.

But it wasn't any of that that plagued the brunette. There had been one moment- just one- that had truly left it's mark on the girl. And now Kira couldn't get it out of her mind.

What on earth was she supposed to do now? Kira was worried that she may have lost one of her only friends, and it made her sadder than she'd been in a while. She had trudged from class to class, even more withdrawn than usual. She'd barely heard anything her professors had said.

That was probably why she ran right into someone else. Kira fell back onto her rear. She winced as she hit the floor, and her papers she had been carrying scattered over the hallway.

Dittany hadn't exactly missed home - home was wherever her father was duelling at the time, anyway - but she couldn't say she wasn't excited to be going there for the holidays. She'd missed her dad, even if he did embarrass her, and she missed not having so many stupid rules to stick to. Honestly! The students weren't allowed to do anything fun. Dittany made her own entertainment where she could, but it wasn't so exciting when she constantly had to try to avoid detention.

Striding down the first floor corridor, Dittany yelped as she ploughed straight into another student, knocking her to the floor. Papers went flying everywhere, floating down around the Ravenclaw like confetti. "'Ey!" Dittany said, scowling. "Watch where you are going! You could 'ef knocked me over."

Kira looked up at the red head, obviously glum, but she tried to hide it. She gave the girl a half hearted smile. "I'm sorry, I should be more careful. Are you alright?" She tried to remember her manners despite how she was feeling. Tyra would be proud.

"I am fine," Dittany said, though she was clearly less than pleased for having been run into - even if it was mostly her fault. She continued to scowl at the girl on the floor, not yet offering a hand. "You 'ef made a big mess. You 'ad better clean it up."

Kira glanced around, remembering her papers. "Oh. Right, yes. Of course." She transitioned to her knees and began gathering her things. She used her chocolate bangs as a curtain to hide her face.

Kira felt bad before, but running into someone else just seemed to make her mood worse.

Dittany smirked as she watched the girl scramble around for her papers. She didn't even particularly want to be mean - it was just fascinating how some people would allow themselves to be walked all over. Finally, with a roll of her eyes, she bent down to help gather up the papers. "What are zese?" she asked, turning one the right way up to get a look at what the girl had been carrying.

The yule ball had been fun for Diana, but now she was excited to go home. One thing she wasn't excited about was her sister Rose expecting her to sit with her. Right now she was looking for Domi or Sapphire, either one would do, to ask if they could sit together on the train back. Rose couldn't argue with that. But as she walked through the corridor she raised her eyebrow at the sight of two girls. One was picking up papers and the other seemed to mostly be watching her do it until finally helping her as well. Her curiosity piqued, she headed over and looked down at the two girls. "What are you two doing?" She asked with a slight frown. They both looked familiar and she figured they were in first year with her. Though she didn't know either girl's name.

Kira sighed. They were supposed to be notes from class but most were just absent-minded doodles. The one the redhead held was a half-hearted doodle of a girl in the rain. Another girl approached then and Kira looked up at her.

"I accidentally ran into her," she explained, gathering the last of her papers.

Dittany stopped helping and stood up with the doodle still in her hands. It was all right - better than anything Dittany could have done - but the Gryffindor didn't do compliments. She looked up at the approach of another girl, whose name she couldn't recall, though she'd seen her in classes. "Yes. Zis girl ran into me," she said, with a smirk. "She is an artist. Look."

Diana's eyebrows raised a little more when the girl with the darker brown hair said she ran into her. The paper's didn't seem all that exciting and Diana was starting to lose interest. But then the other girl spoke, and her tone made one thing clear to Diana. These girls weren't friends, and this one was probably someone to keep on her good side. Not to mention, her words got her interested again. "Really?" She said with a similar smirk forming on her face, she looked at the paper and squinted. It wasn't half bad, but she didn't voice that thought. "I think calling her an artist is going a bit far." She said, glancing at the girl with her smirk in place. If she had read her tone right, she had now placed herself on her side rather than the clumsy girl's.

Kira shrugged, unfazed by the two. "You're right, actually. Artists get paid for their work. That's just a doodle." She stood, papers in hand again. She needed to voice her thoughts to someone, but she had a feeling neither of these two would be a good confidant.

"My name is Kira Wolf." She said instead.

Having never spoken to the Slytherin before, Dittany had no idea what sort of response to expect, and was pleasantly surprised when she smirked and played along. Why had Dittany never spoken to her before? They were going to get along great. Dittany frowned as Kira interrupted this thought, almost having forgotten she was there. "Kira Wolf," she repeated. "I will remember zis name when you are famous." Smiling sarcastically, she offered the doodle back. "I am Dittany Belrose. Zis is my friend."

Diana was a little disappointed when the girl named Kira didn't respond to her taunts but rather introduced herself, but was very pleased she seemed to have said something right as far as the other girl was concerned. With someone else, Diana might have made fun of the name Dittany, but with this girl it barely crossed her mind. Her lips quirked up slightly more when she was introduced as the girl's friend, despite the fact that they had just met for the first time. "Diana." She said, gesturing to herself. Her last name didn't seem that relevant to her. There was another name to make fun of here, though, and she turned to Kira. "Tell me, do you howl at the moon at midnight?" She asked, a mocking laugh barely hidden in her tone.

Kira nodded, only half listening to the girls. Diana asked if she howled at the moon at nigjt, and Kira almost grinned. She'd heard it before. "I tried once, but my sister drowned me out." She responded flippantly.

Dittany fought to keep the corners of her mouth down, but a small snort still escaped her. Though Diana's comment seemed to have no effect on the Ravenclaw, it was pretty entertaining all the same. Dittany rolled her eyes. Well, Kira was no fun to taunt. She didn't fight back, but she didn't react in any other way, either. "Who is your sister? Does she come to zis school?" Dittany asked, pretending to be interested.

Diana's nose wrinkled slightly at the response Kira gave her. She didn't seem all that bothered with Diana's comment. Though it made her happy to see that at least Dittany seemed amused. The girl was growing on her fast. Diana flicked some of her hair back and snorted. It made her a little annoyed that the subject of sisters was brought up. Who cared if this girl's sister went to this school? "Maybe she got kicked out for having fleas." She muttered under her breath, not ready to let the wolf thing go yet even if it didn't seem to bother the girl.

Kira shook her head at Dittany's question. "No, she's 22. She owns the Wolves Inn outside of Arrowtown." She glanced at Diana. She wondered if the girl had personal issues with sisters or something. The comment about Tyra irked her a bit though.

"Of course not," she said cooly. "Tyra is too fabulous for that." Kira leaned in a little. "But I do." She shook her head like a dog, he chocolate hair whipping about a bit.

Dittany pulled a face, recoiling as the Ravenclaw's hair whipped around. She didn't want to catch fleas. "Ew. Maybe you should 'ef a wash," she suggested, wondering whether Diana would be up for hosing Kira down on the great lawn. "Is zat where you'll be staying for the 'olidays?" she asked. Maybe, if she had time, she'd pay a visit.

Diana rolled her eyes when Kira gave way too many details about the Inn, clearly aiming for some free advertisement. As if they were actually going to stay there because she said so. The glance Kira threw her way made her think she had finally gotten through to her, but her next reaction made Diana step back. "Ew, don't." She said, pulling a face. She didn't think the girl actually had flees, but that didn't mean she wanted a face full of her hair. "Keep them to yourself if you have them, thanks."

Kira smold as the girls stepped back. "I don't wash," she replied to Dittany first, "I just find a nice pile of sand and roll around in it. And yes, I am heading back for the holiday." She slipped her papers into her bag. She might still be worried about her friend, but these two had at least pulled her out of her gloom.

She looked at the two girls then. "So what are you guys doing for the holidays?"

Dittany smirked in approval at Diana's comment. Oddly enough, though, their mean remarks were only seeming to cheer the Ravenclaw up. That hadn't been Dittany's intention, but it was an interesting reaction. She wouldn't have minded being Kira's friend, if they hadn't met in this situation. As it stood, the Gryffindor was frustrated that all her witty remarks were sliding like water off a duck's feathers. "You are disgusting," she said, crinkling her nose and taking a small step backwards. "I am going 'ome to France, wiz my family. What about you, Di?"

Diana caught Dittany's smirk and smiled back at her, already feeling like a team with this girl. Though she also knew she shouldn't let down her guard. The Wolf girl was just strange, and Diana gave her an undisguised annoyed look. "Right." She said with a slight roll of her eyes. She couldn't help but smile when Dittany called her 'Di', they were in nickname territory already. "Well Dee," She said with a grin as she countered a similar nickname back to the other girl."I'm also going home, but not to France. I live here in New Zealand." She was glad to finally place Dittany's accent, though also a little jealous. France sounded very stylish to her.

Kira smiled halfheartedly at the girls. "Well, again, I'm sorry for knocking into you Dittany. It was a pleasure to meet you both." Kira sensed the two would have more fun without her, so effectively distracted for the moment, she bid the two girls goodbye and headed off towards the library. She hadn't paid a lot of attention in classes that day and she should probably at least try to make up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back