Bloody Magazine.

Charlie Linus

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Charlie snarled as he stomped up the stairs acting like they had wrote the blasted magazine. He realised he hadnt ventured up the stairs much, only to attend classes. Which he hated doing. He reached the third floor and finding himself slightly tired walked down the corridor instead of attempting more stairs. Growling he pushed his way into a room, which was filled with trophies of all shapes and sizes. He picked one up and threw it across the room in anger. Scared of everything? Try his life?! See how scared everyone was. He couldnt take it anymore. He had tried to put up with this school and being who he was and all of this nonsense. But he just couldnt deal with it anymore! He was satisfied when the sound of the trophy hitting the wall made a loud clanging noise echo through the room. He took in a deep breath. He needed to calm down, but the words he had read burned into his brain.

Carmen had decided to leave her tinkering about and studying for a while and check out the school. She hadn't done much of it since she arrived, preferring to stay in her house only venturing out for meals and classes. Today though she wanted to stretch her legs and see just what was out there. Kaleb was well able to get out and circulate, well so could she.

As she made her way from one corridor to the next, she began wandering down some hallways as well checking out the portraits and talking with a few. The relatively older portraits she found to be more talkative than the newer ones. As she was about to walk further along the third floor corridor she saw another Slytherin boy enter the trophy room and wondered briefly if she should go and introduce herself to him. Deciding it was a good idea Carmen walked towards the room only to hear a loud crash as she entered.

The boy had thrown a trophy at a wall but it appeared to Carmen that it was not an act of vandalism.
"Hi, you ok?" she said as she walked over and picked the trophy up, it was only slightly dented so perhaps it could be fixed. It happened to be one of the few Slytherin trophies in here as well. She carefully placed it back on its stand and turned to face the boy.
"I'm Carmen, same house, same classes" she smiled.

Charlie snapped his head as she heard a girls voice ask if he was okay. His breathing was heavy and his hands were clenched into fists at his side. "Do I look bloody fine?" He asked, his usual sarcasm coming through in his voice. He looked away from the girl as she picked the trophy up and placed it back on its stand.

He tried to will his anger down. He knew what he had just said was rude so he scratched out a small. "Sorry. Im just. Argh." He failed to get out a proper sentence.

"Charlie." He said in return, not really trusting himself with speaking when he was still gnashing his teeth together in anger. He turned away from the girl, his eyes cast downward.

Carmen had dealt with her angst riddled parents often and staring rage in the face was not new to her. It didn't phase her, she kept her calm knowing that if she provoked him while he was like this, she would only make the situation worse and she had no reason to provoke a virtual stranger. She pretended she was straightening the statue a bit so that he wouldn't think she was in his face or anything.

"Actually no you don't look fine ... Charlie. If I'm invading your space here, I can always leave. Would you like me to leave, Charlie?"
she had always had a calming aura, been gifted with the ability to stay perfectly at ease in any situation and as a result calmed those about her. Of course, this boy may not want to calm down and she couldn't very well do anything if that were the case.

Charlie noted the presence of another person was calming him down slightly. Back home, whenever he got mad, no one would be there for him. He would be alone, with just his thoughts to dwell on things. Having someone close by was alot different than dealing with his anger by himself. Yet again. "No, I dont want you to leave." He admitted turning around. "Its okay." He braced himself, he was finally getting used to having company. It was okay, he still wouldnt deal with being a wizard, but talking to people wasnt so bad after all. He turned around finally and gave the girl a weak smile, but it didnt last long, his anger was still raging around inside him.

Carmen turned her head once more to look at him, her honey blonde hair swaying slightly by her gentle movement. Her hazel eyes gazed at him and she couldn't help but smile.
"So Charlie, do you want to throw some more trophies and have points deducted from our prestigious house or would you like to talk about what's up? A problem shared and all of that".

Carmen's smile was enough to win most hearts over, she was beautiful but her beauty didn't just lie in her looks, it was her personality and the fact that she didn't allow her looks to get her, her own way. As different as she seemed to most Slytherins it was her absolute stubborn determination to blindly be the best at everything that had secured her a place in that house. Much to her dismay and much to the delight of her family.

Charlie rolled his eyes at her comments, not sure he wanted to talk about his feelings with the girl, but when he looked back at her, she was smiling and it was truly a beautiful smile. He sighed, admitted defeat. She seemed like she was the type of person not to let the situation go until he caved. May as well give up earler rather than later. "I take it you havent read the Gossip Magazine that everyone in the great hall is fussing over?" He asked, slightly curious. Had she not been in breakfast or something?

Carmen began to walk around the other trophy podiums sizing them up and wondering how soon it would be before her name was on one. She shook her head when he asked her about the magazine.
"I don't need to read it, I hear everyone else groaning about its contents. If you read that kind of rubbish then you are only giving power to the person behind the filth they print. I browsed through the first issue, it had said some things about my bestfriend and I refuse to read it anymore" she turned to him then, a look of realisation on her face.
"Oh, was there something about you in it this time?" a slight furrow creased her brow, this magazine seemed to upset just about everyone.

"Its completely ridiculous! I just dont understand what kind of person gets pleasure out of writing stuff about people. Apparently Im scared of everything around me?" He stated, feeling his anger rising up again. He took a few calming breaths to settle his rage. He rolled his eyes, starting to pace. "I better not find who wrote it." He said, not knowing what would happen if he did. Truth be told, he would be lucky if he got to them, there were so many people who werent impressed by that magazine.

Carmen listened to him and turning once more to face him, she dazzled another of her smiles at him.
"Well you weren't afraid of throwing that trophy even though if you had been caught by a prefect or professor you'd have been in serious trouble. You're not scared of me... obviously a very silly lonely person with nothing else better to do than to go around spreading deceit and lies. I don't believe you're scared of everything Charlie".

She turned to look at the trophy infront of her and smiled. It was another Slytherin trophy and Carmen imagined her name on it.

Charlie listened to the girl. She sounded so wise, but she hardly knew Charlie. All he knew was that she made him feel better. He took another breath and chuckled slightly. "I guess, spose I should watch my temper?" He questioned, although it was more like a statement.

He watched as the girl looked at a trophy smiling. "What brought you to the... Trophy Room?" He guess thats all it was. "Just to admire peoples efforts?" He asked, trying to rid his voice of his usual sarcasm. He really had to watch that sarcasm of his.

She grinned but didn't look at him as she moved on to another set of trophies.
"No Charlie, I actually followed you in here"
she glanced over at him to see what his reaction to that would be, she wasn't a stalker but when she had seen him and known he was a fellow Slytherin had simply wanted to meet him.

"Someday though, people will be admiring my efforts in here. Do you have any idea what your goals are while you're here at the school Charlie, besides giving the person involved in the magazine a good whooping".
Carmen laughed turning to look at him now, leaning ever so gently against one of the marble podiums. Her hazel eyes sparkling with amusement.

Charlie raised an eyebrow slightly, but didnt press the subject of her following him in here anymore question. He had been storming around. Carmen made Charlie feel alot better though. His anger had almost diminished. He shrugged at her question. "I just want to be in and get out, move on with my life." He admitted, wondering if that was too much information. He had learnt from experience there were alot of people who didnt like 'muggleborns'. He laughed at her joke along with her, he could really say it was a goal of his, but how he would like to. "How about you?" He asked returning the question.

Carmen smiled a great big beaming all encompassing smile at him, enough to knock the socks off of anyone within a two mile radius.
"Ah but Charlie what would you do with your life?" she was evidently curious about him now, he was so adorably cute in how he shied away from actually answering her questions but she knew it was only a matter of time before he did.
"I simply want to be the best at what I can do and who I am going to be. I've invented silly things since I was about nine or ten and I always thought that this was what I wanted to do with my life but the more magic I learn, the less confident in that I become. Does any of that make sense to you?" she looked at him now, the smile gone and an innocent questioning look about her. She really wanted to know, she was so fed up of people telling her something because of how she looked or because of who she was related too, she got the feeling though that Charlie wasn't bothered by all of that and that made her so much more comfortable around him.

Charlie turned to look directly at Carmen and was taken away by the smile. He blinked a few times, before turning his head, aware of the small blush. He ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair. No girl had ever really payed much attention to him, it was odd. "Im not sure." He admitted, tracing his finger over a trophy. "My music is all I've ever really known." He said in what was most likely a mumble.

He turned around, doing the polite thing by looking at her when she spoke. He nodded at appropriate times and then cocked his head to the side. "Its confusing, but I does make sense." He guessed it kind of knew what she meant. There was so much to learn out there, you could think you knew alot about something, then suddenly it all comes crashing down when you discover a lot more than you thought you would. Or maybe thats not what Carmen meant at all.

Carmen moved over to the trophy that Charlie was near and smiling at him once more she couldn't help but ask.
"Your music? what do you do? Do you play an instrument, sing, write your own songs?" she frowned a little at her own excitement, Carmen loved music and though she could sing she couldn't play an instrument to save her life other than the tambourine. So she admired anyone who had the diligence and patience to learn.

"Sorry Charlie, I shouldn't really ask so many questions put it down to the fact that I want to get to know you".

Charlie had to grin at her enthusiasm towards music. He looked over at her, glad they were on a topic he knew tonnes about and felt comfortable in. "I write my own music, play the guitar and the piano." He admitted, placing his eyes back on the trophy again. He could sing reasonably well too, but he never let anyone know that. He would rather die than sing infront of anyone else. "You like music then?" He asked.

He looked back her when she apologised, the corners of his mouth curving up. "Your fine." He said slowly. She had said she wanted to get to know him. That was more than anyone else had said. It made him feel good about himself for once, which was a rare thing. His anger completely forgotten, he said, "Im sorry I'm not asking more about you. Im not really the talkative type." He admitted with a light chuckle, feeling more comfortable than he had in a long time around Carmen.

Carmen nodded her head, flicking her long blonde hair back over her shoulders.
"I love music, I even tried out for the rock group but obviously not good enough. I probably have more a shower singing voice than one suitable for a rock group anyhow" she laughed, thoroughly impressed with Charlie though she wrapped her hands about her waist as she looked at him.

"You write your own music though, that's amazing and piano and guitar? I'm well... impressed honestly. That can't have been easy to learn those."

She reached out with one small delicate hand and touched his arm reassuringly.
"Don't apologise, good grief I am so glad you're not asking me questions. I really don't like talking about myself that much. I am beyond boring I can assure you. So what type of music do you like the best?"

Charlie smiled when she admitted she liked music, she had practically jumped into his good books head first. He wasnt used to compliments so the one she gave him was strange, but definatly not unwelcome. He smiled further, enjoying the girls company more and more. To think if she hadnt of come in here, he might have caused much more damage than just a small dent to one trophy.

When she touched his arm, Charlie just managed not to flinch. Yet another thing he wasnt used to. Physical contact. Although it was reassuring, so he was able to ignore it, even find it somewhat comforting. He realised just how confined he had been when not at this school. How out of place he was. Everything seemed like a massive jump, even without the whole, being a wizard thing. "Anything really, I play whatever comes to mind, usually based on my mood." He shrugged. "How about you? What type of music do you like?" He asked, knowing his conversation wasnt too great, considering he was only asking her, her own questions.

Carmen thought about it for a moment tucking her hands now into her skirt pockets.
"I do like rock I guess, some easy listening is good too. I've never really given it much thought. That's awful isn't it?" she grinned, "I guess it's just one of those things in life people take for granted. My parents listen to a lot of classical music and my grandfather listens to alot of operatic stuff and I enjoy all of them too because it was what I got used to listening to when I was growing up".
Her German accent didn't seem so pronounced as she chatted comfortably with Charlie, she was really enjoying his company.
"So what mood are you in now Charlie? Any improvement on ten minutes ago?"

Charlie listened and found himself actually interested in what Carmen was saying. When previously talking to others, it hadnt been that way. He nodded and understood what she meant. Charlie had grown up with music as a way out. It was the one and only thing he had asked from his parents and they gave it to him as a way to keep him occupied. It was his escape. Music. It had pretty much evolved into his life. He really needed his guitar and soon.

He laughed lightly when she asked if his mood had improved. "It has considerably yes. I guess thanks is in order." He said with a smile, his English accent coming out as he spoke, he noted a slightly accent that Carmen had but he was sure. "Where abouts are you from?" He asked, actually finding it strange how easy conversation was coming with the girl.

Carmen was delighted he had cheered up, he was really great and she wouldn't have wanted him to continue in such a rotten mood because of some fools and their magazine.
"You're very welcome" she took a small bow and straightening up smiled at him, "I'm from Germany, the Rhine Land. My family have lived there since possibly the very beginning of settlers or so they claim."

Her family were world famous nobility, more so of course in Germany and Europe. Her grandfather was the Ninth Earl of Peregrine and hoped fervently that he would outlive his son, so that the title and estates could be passed on instead to his beloved grand-daughter.
"And you Charlie" she enjoyed saying his name, "Is that an English accent that I hear?"

Charlie listened as she explained how she was from Germany and that her family had lived there sinse early settling days. It made Charlie realised just how little he knew about his family. It would be nice to know he supposed, but he found he didnt care much for his family. "Thats really cool that you know that stuff about your family." He confessed genuinly.

He half grinned and raised one eyebrow as he did so. "Yeah, I've lived all over England. Parents cant keep still you know." He said with a shrug and looked around the room as a distraction. His family was a touchy subject, but he didnt mind saying choice things to some people.

Carmen smiled in wonder, she could not even begin to fathom living in so many different places, Her family had owned the Peregrine estate and title since back in the 15th century, they had never considered moving though the family had a large holiday home in Italy, another in the Swiss Alps.

"I think I was first taught about my families heritage when I was in the womb" she laughed, "It is hard to take it all so seriously, I began rebelling against it all when I was about four or five."

Carmen detested talking about herself or her family and thought she had done more than enough for now.
"So what will you be dressing up as for Halloween?"

Charlie chuckled, he didnt know Carmen very well, but her personality was very addicting. The subject of Halloween was brought into the mix and Charlie looked over at Carmen. "You might not know what they are, but Im going to be a hobbit. From Lord of the Rings." He said softly, he had thought the situation comical when planning. Everyone said he looked like Merry from Lord of the Rings, so he thought he may as well humor everyone by going as a Hobbit to the Halloween feast. "How about you?" He asked, curious in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back