Blood Apples

Avrille Grinaes

OOC First Name
Alexis.
Wand
10¾" Vine Wood, core of Veela Hair
Avrille was in a foul mood. The air of the day was an unpleasant one, one that made her feel sick to her stomach, but she tried her hardest to ignore it as she got dressed for her upcomming class, and went down to the feeding pit with all the other swine's. Her harlequin green eyes flooded with anger, she had a book tucked under her arm as usual, and she walked firmly, and with umph to the Ravenclaw table. Once she sat down, the people in surrounding sections shuffled away from her. They could sense her anger and frustration and that she was not one to be trifled with.

Maybe I should skip class and go to the library with Mama, thought Avrille. The Ravenclaw's black hair was curled up perfectly today and her robes fit loosely on her boyish body as per usual. She reached over the table with her sickly pale hand and grasped a blood red apple with her slender fingers. She brought it close to her face and over looked each of the crevases and horizontal lines of the apple, before snapping her neck towards footsteps that were coming her way.

Rosaline caught sight of her adoptive daughter looking straight at her through angry green eyes, this wasn't an expression that was new on her face and it wasn't becoming of the eleven year old, to be so infurieted for no reason today, surely Chavdar hadn't taken the liberty to inform her daughter. No, he wouldn't, no matter how much Avrille secretely enjoyed his company. She placed her hand on her daughter's black hair softly, running her fingers through it gently. "Hello my daughter," she said, in a tone that suggested she was not in the proper mood to be given back talk on the fact that they weren't blood related. "May I have a word?" she asked in Russian.

Avrille was nothing short of aggrivated when she saw her Mama approach her. So this what it was. The fat arslosch had birthed the brats, and was now coming to tell her about it. It was as clear on her Mama's face as the anger was on her own. When Rosaline ran her fingers through her raven hair she shook her head, trying to get her to take her hand away. She curled her fingers around the apple and pierced it with her nails. The transparent juice trailed down her fingers and slid slowly down her arm, leaving a sticky trail behind it. The Ravenclaw didn't notice this, but she would later when she put her arm down, letting the wide, black, sleeve of her uniform stick to her arm uncomfortably. "Nien," she said as she stood up. The girl didn't want to know the horrible truth about her siblings, she didn't want anymore then she already had. Simone and Avrille Grinaes were sister's not any of the Zhefarovich children and Avrille Grinaes.

When the pale girl's finger's sliced the red apple open, not only did the juice trail down Avrille's arm, but it spluttered upwards, hitting Rosaline in the eye. In aggitation, she took her hand out of the black hair and wiped away the droplet of apple excrement from her eye lashes. "Avrille Nastia Grinaes, that is not an option," she said firmly, grabbing her daughter's shoulder with force, but not enough to hurt the girl, just enough to tell her that she would not leave this room until their civilized conversation was over.

A sneer erupted from Avrille's lips as Rosaline spoke her full name. She hated it when she did that, it wasn't as graceful and beautiful sounding as it had been said by her real Mama and Papa when she was little. There was not much she could remember of them but the pronounciation of her name, common words and the way their mouths would move as they spoke was a big thing in her mind, she wasn't sure why though. "Saumensch, what do you want?" she snapped, a cold growl coming out of her throat with each word. She didn't care what Rosaline's reaction would be to her calling her nothing more then a dirty female pig, why would she, that was what she was after all.

Rosaline's eye brow's arched in slight shock at the harshness of her daughter's tone of voice when she called her Saumensch. "Watch it," she snapped coldly, Avrille was on her way to become grounded, and she was sure that she could get her grounded if she wanted. She could get Professor Ana to take her wand away after classes and she could take her daughter's sketch book away as a punishment if she were to drag it out, but she had a feeling that the eleven year old wouldn't.

Carefully, Rosaline guided her daughter back onto the wooden bench of the Ravenclaw table, turned her body towards her and said, "You have a baby brother and sister. Vladimir and Zinaida." She sighed gently, giving her daughter a reassuring smile, as her arm wrapped around the girl's shoulders embracing her tightly. She knew how terrified the girl had been when she had found out about the pregnancy, because of the death that had been caused when Avrille's mother and father were on their way to the hospital to have their child.

"Watch it." Avrille's green eyes flashed with warning and anger. It didn't matter what Rosaline thought she could do to punish her because she was wrong. Anything would be a walk in the park compared to hearing about the dumb kids that would probably die next month anyhow. "You have a baby brother and sister. Vladimir and Zinaida." She shoved her Mama away from her and stood up once more. "I don't know who you think you are, but you aren't my mother, you're not even my relative, so those idiot children you have aren't related to me and never will be, so stay away from me," she growled, then through the pulped apple at a fellow first year and Hufflepuff that passed by, not noticing their reaction.

Avrille's eyes glared directly into Rosaline's, being reminded of Tamas Mauven's murky, blue eyes at the same time. "Just go to Chavdar, I'm sure he's way in over his head with your illigitimate children," she snapped in German.

Jaken was walking by his table, his long hair draped over his shoulders, and he noticed a single apple rolling across the floor. He raised an eyebrow, and glanced in the direction from which it had come. Jaken reached down and picked it up, and started to walk to the direction of the young first year who had obviously either thrown it or dropped it. Jaken heard something about babies, and the names, Vladimir and Zinaida. For some odd reason, he felt like he had heard those names before, or read them. Shrugging, he approached the first year, and the librarian. Jaken set the apple on table in front of the first year, and said in a quiet tone, "Don't be throwing these, okay? Someone could get hurt. And the Head Girl wouldn't be pleased." But he heard the name Chavdar, even in German. Sure, he couldn't speak it, or write it, but Dietrich taught him to understand it. Jaken glanced at the librarian, Rosaline, and he inquired, "Um, am I interrupting something miss? Or can I do something to help?"

Rosaline opened her mouth to respond to her daughter who was testing her patience with her words, but stopped when another spoke. She looked at him, and her eye brows rose. He looked oddly familiar. Probably one of Kalif's, she thought, and literally a second later the young boy's name popped into her head. Jaken. "No thank you Jaken I'm sure I've got her under control," she said gently, a little sympathy for the boy was in her tone. She saw that Namina, according to the family tree, which really wasn't the truth, had died. She figured that Jaken didn't know that there really was a divorce, it was probably best this way, knowing Chavdar's - knowing their family.

Avrille looked over at the older boy, and recognized him immediately as Kaleb's older brother. She nodded her head gently at him as he told her not to throw apples. When he asked Rosaline if he could help she muttered, speaking her thoughts, "You can apparate her, Chavdar, Hadan and the idiots out of my life." She looked around the Great Hall, her eyes were hoping to find Kaleb or even the girl with eyes like ice, Ai. The Ravenclaw needed to get away from her Mama and fast, her anger was boiling over and there wasn't much she could do about it.

Jaken stared at the woman for a moment, and gave her an odd stare. Who was she? There was many things in the family that he did not know, for he did not know that there was a divorce in the family, but Namina was actually, truly dead. Along with Dorothee, Aleyha's and Austin's mother. Before he could question anything, the first year spoke, and he turned his befuddled stare to her, and then back to Rosaline. "To be honest, I have no idea what is going on, but I still find it odd that she knows my cousin and my uncle." Jaken shrugged, not wanting to get into detail. He honestly couldn't care much at all. He sighed, "Do you mind filling me in?" He was speaking to both of them rather than just one.

Rosaline sighed as Jaken asked to be filled in. She really wished that this was going to be a quick visit but of course Avrille had other plans. "Chavdar and I have two children together, and this is my daughter, and your cousin," she said, putting this all into simplist terms before turning to Avrille and saying in Russian so she could understand with greater ease, "If you cannot act properly I will send you to Ludovic's this summer and winter, after you meet your siblings." With that she glanced over at the boy lightly then back at the staff table to see Kalif there, as well as the Ministry Official and Cecily who seemed to be having a bit of a disagreeance, still. "Good day," she said as she turned back to both children, leaving them to their own accord with a loud crack from apparation.

OOC: I thought you were actually going to RP Namina's death.. oh sad face

Avrille glared at Rosaline as she said that she would have to go see Ludovic. Yes she respected the man, but she didn't want to have to travel around with him as he went along with Death Eaters, it irritated her to no end. A second after Rosaline left she muttered under her breath, "Good bye Mama." Speaking the last word with pure hatred, this woman was not her Mama. Her Mama had died when she was five years old along with her Papa when rushing to a Hospital to give birth. Her eyes flared with mixed emotions as she went through her memories of the Cardboard faced lady, Frau Zusich, and the Silent Man.

Avrille looked over at the older boy and rolled her eyes before sitting back down at the Ravenclaw table, ignoring the looks she was recieving from the other students. They all seemed disgusted or scared of her, and in her fragile state it did kind of hurt, well at least the disgust did. But she did show this in her expression at all, she was emotionless and stone faced in it.

Jaken turned to Rosaline, and nodded. So, this was the woman that had Chavdar's children... Chavdar had newborn babies? Jaken never pictured his uncle settling down, he seemed to always be busy and all. Though things could always change. Jaken smiled a bit, and glanced down at the Ravenclaw girl. Yet, three more cousins added to the family. Jaken glanced over at the staff table, seeing his father. Jaken caught the odd look, along with the crow departing. Jaken's attention was turned to Rosaline, who seemed too young to have a daughter going to school. Must be adopted. Jaken said absentmindedly, "See you later, Rosaline." Jaken turned to face the girl. Jaken sat down next to her, and he inquired, "I can recognize that from anywhere. You aren't happy about the babies, are you." Hadan was feeling the exactly same.

Avrille snapped her neck towards Jaken and said sarcastically, "Oh really? I didn't know that. What was your first clue?" She rolled her harlequin green eyes once more, and said, "Of course I'm not happy about having a family. They are good for nothing." She curled her slender, pale fingers into fists, and glanced over to the Slytherin table and saw Kaleb who looked like he was crying with two girls wrapped around him. He needs to stop being so emotional. Crying over the dead does no good, she thought. She looked back at Jaken, curious if he had cried over his mother or sister. She would be slightly amused at this. Kaleb and Jaken were far too old to cry over such a thing. When she was five she had cried twice into her Papa's jacket when she saw his body, that still ate at her today, and once when she entered the first foster care home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back