Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Swishy Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Tristan could still remember the pride he had felt last year as he had stepped into the school as a prefect, but this time he felt very different. He had expected to go one step up, as he expected to be the President of the Brotherhood now. He had been Vice-President after all! But for some reason, Ares had passed him over and given the position to Kauri. Kauri of all people. Tristan usually tried to hide his emotions, but he couldn't shake the annoyed expression off his face as he passed the brotherhood common room, giving it a spiteful glance before walking on. He would ensure he still had a say in proceedings, whether Kauri liked it or not.

Lizzie didn't have a care in the world today. The holidays had been a refreshing break from her problems, and being back at school with Quidditch to organise and friends to see was a perfect distraction from the unpleasant end to the previous year. She had decided to spend any free time this year trying to keep everyone happy. Positivity was what Lizzie needed right now, after how negative Hayley had turned out to be. So when Lizzie saw a prefect walking around all grumpy she gave him a friendly elbow in greeting, grinning at the boy she recognised from rose deliveries. "What's got you down, grumpus?"

Tristan was mentally going over plans and ideas he intended to present to the new President, when he heard someone approach and catch up to him. Tristan expected whoever it was to go past him, so he let out a surprised sound when the person elbowed him. He glared, rubbing his side. He bit back a sharp reply when he saw it was the Gryffindor captain, someone popular. "You startled me." He said after a moment. "It's... nothing important." he added, not wanting to confide in a complete stranger. He couldn't help a glance at the brotherhood room as he said it, though.

Jacob was not happy at all to be back at Hogwarts, but today was a good day as he raced down the hall, only skidding to a halt when he saw two of his friends. "Hi Lizzie! Hi Tristan!" He gave them both wide grins.

Lizzie could tell the boy was lying about being fine, but if he didn't want to talk to her, she wasn't going to push it. "Well, then cheer up." She smiled, giving him another gentle elbow. "It's a good day!" She was distracted by a blur of movement stopping in front of them. Her grin brightened and she ruffled Jacob's hair happily. "Hey, Jacob!" She beamed. "Good holidays?"

Tristan wasn't sure why Lizzie was talking to him, but he didn't mind too much. He managed not to roll his eyes at her relentless positivity but couldn't respond before someone else ran up to them. He gave Jacob a smile, surprised at how close he seemed to Lizzie. "Hey, you're looking cheerful."

"Someone was giving away free candy near the fifth floor corridor! Want one?" he reached into his pocket, pulling out a pile of treats. He'd already eaten five.

Lizzie was glad that Jacob's enthusiasm seemed to cheer Tristan up, though she wondered how the two boys knew each other. She was quickly distracted by Jacob's offer though, quickly taking one of the lollies. "Thanks!" She grinned brightly. "Are they good?"

Tristan smiled in amusement, it seemed like Jacob was fairly easily pleased. "Sure, thanks." He said, taking one and pocketing it. He wasn't sure if he'd eat it, but taking it seemed like the right thing to do. "You and Lizzie are teammates, right?"

"It's candy, Lizzie. It's all good!" he pointed out before nodding at Tristan. "Yup! Lizzie helped me get ready for tryouts before my second year." He idolized his captain. "You two friends?"

Lizzie laughed at Jacob's comment, nodding as she put the sweet into her mouth. "True!" She smiled. She grinned and nodded, ruffling Jacob's hair again as he told Tristan how they knew each other. Lizzie shook her head at his question. "He just looked grumpy, so I was trying to cheer him up. Got any ideas?" Lizzie didn't know Tristan well enough to know what he liked, but if Jacob knew more about him he might have a better idea of how to cheer up the prefect.

Tristan nodded with a smile, though he really didn't care so much about Quidditch. His smile faded as Lizzie continued to call him grumpy, but quickly reappeared again. "Well, that's unnecessary. I assure you I'm fine." He said, not wanting any more attention paid to why he was in a bad mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back