Birthday with Best Friends

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
It was around the end of August when Veronica received an owl from her best friend Sally Kuang. Although she now hated the prospect of her birthday because of the stupidity she had done on her seventeenth birthday which was a year back but the idea of meeting Zac and Sally was too tempting. She loved them for inviting her to China to spend her birthday with them and the happiness of meeting her best friends once again brought tears of joy to her eyes. She hoped the pair had not kept a party or anything, she told them writing back that she would come but would be happy if they celebrated it on a small basis in a restaurant perhaps.

On First of September however she received an urgent owl from the Vrasta Vultures, the Bulgarian Qudditch team she played for asking her to be present for an urgent meeting. The meeting she later realized was a fake call and they had thrown Veronica a small early morning party. Despite her attempts to explain them that she was required somewhere else they held her in Bulgaria till noon where they had her cut a cake and take two dozen pictures and party.She choked on some butterbeer that she was being forced to drink by one of the other female players who had mixed strong alcohol in the butterbeer. Veronica couldn't believe that in the celebration they had made her drink one bottle of champagne and some strong vodka.

Finally making her run, Veronica escaped to the rest room where she brushed twice and worked some mouth wash. She was free of alcoholic smell but it didn't leave her system, no. She was a little drunk and she prayed that no one would notice it in China.She noticed that her clothes were very formal but she didn't have time to change. Apparating straight to the the front door of the big Kuang manor in China she made her way in through the drive way hoping everything would go fine and she wouldn't do something crazy with that alcohol in her system.

(Good mode allowed by Sally)

Right after Zac graduated, his father began training him on doing business with muggles and wizards. It was pretty hard since Zac had never been this busy. And the fact that Zac wasn't allowed to use magic when he muggles were around was hard for him. He wasn't like his younger brother who was used to do everything muggle style. He thought he would never run a restaurant of his father's but turned out to be different. His father was going to give him his own restaurant if he was good enough.

Summer was pretty hot in Beijing, usually Zac would enjoy the rest of the summer with his sister but not this time. He had to go to work with his father and had no time to rest. He bowed at his father before leaving the restaurant. He walk to the car of his and drove back home. The reason why he brought his car was that his father wanted him to be familiar to muggle stuff, the gadgets, vehicle, clothing, etc. The road was empty since it was in the middle of the night, he was tired from working, he hadn't had enough sleep lately. Soon, he arrived to the manor and park the car. He grabbed his tux from the car and his bag and walk toward the door. But then he spotted a blond haired girl who looked like Veronica. He walk toward the drive way and smiled."Hey Veronica!" He shouted as he walked toward his best friend and gave her a big hug. "Happy birthday" He smiled as he lead her to the door and opened the door for her waiting for Veronica to enter. "The gift is in my room, I was planning on owling you but I've been so busy lately." He felt bad for not being able to throw a party for her. "I'm so sorry" He apologize.

OOCOut of Character:
I had meant for it to be noon, but midnight sounds okay :r

Veronica walked through the drive way, shivers running down her spine. She was scared because it was a foreign country and she didn't know Chinese and she was partially shivering because of the cold night air that blew in this outskirt area of Beijing. Her miniskirt and white blouse was not protecting her against the cold and she earned to get inside the manor and sit by a fireplace. Just then she heard a very familiar male voice shout her name. She turned around to see Zac walking to him. She was curious as to why he was wandering out of his house at this hour of the night and whether he had found himself a girlfriend but this was not the right time for all that. "Zac!" she said, very happy to see him and gave him a big hug. Oh, how much she had missed him.

She laughed as he said he was planning to owl her a gift. She was getting the idea that it was Sally who had planned to call Veronica here and Zac was hardly aware. In any case she appreciated it. "Thanks, but there's no need to obsess over gifting me. Inviting me here is a gift" she said with a huge grin as she walked through the door that Zac opened for her. As soon as she stepped in, it was already warmer. She punched him lightly on his arm and said "Will you quit apologizing?" She was really glad that she was seeing her best friends and she didn't want them to feel guilty for anything. "I know I should have been here at nine but a bunch of people held me up for a surprise party, I had no idea. I'm sorry, Sally must be so mad" she said hoping that Sally Kuang would not kill her because knowing Sally she was sure that the girl had planned things starting from nine onwards and Veronica being three hours late had totally ruined it.

OOCOut of Character:
oops :p

Right after Veronica stepped in, Zac closed the door gently and walk away from the door. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry" He said and laughed as he placed his bag beside the couch in the living room and place his tux on the couch. "Dear Merlin I don't even know where my sister is, in fact I haven't seen her for a week!" He said as he sat on the couch and massage his head. He was tired but he was happy that he was no longer depressed. "Make yourself at home by the way, just don't burn the whole house or I'll be eating you alive" He smiled as he walk away from the living room to the bar, opening the fridge, taking a bottle of water and drank it in a minute. "You want anything?" He asked trying to be polite. He threw the bottle to the bin and sat on the bar. "So what's up with you anyway? Work? Engaged?" He asked trying to sound casual. But he wasn't sure if he did sound casual. After all the boy was exhausted, not that he didn't want her over. Having friends over was refreshing, since he rarely had time to meet his friends.

Veronica frowned slightly as he apologized to her jokingly. Zac was the same old Zac, well in most ways which did not include business and his time schedules. She took a seat beside him on the couch and raised her eyebrow as he said he hadn't met Sally from a week. "I seriously think I should talk to your dad, how can business ever be important than family?"she asked. Coming from her, it was very seriously especially since she had a mental witch for a mother and a dead father with no real siblings. "I burn houses only on some occasions, I don't count my birthdays as an occasion so don't worry, you're house will be safe" she said joking back, some part of it however was true. She didn't like celebrating her birthdays, not anymore.

She shook her head as he asked if she wanted anything. "My stomach's way over the brim, be glad that I'm not throwing up in your house" she said with a wink. She was seriously wondering where Sally was, she only hoped that the girl wasn't planning something huge which was very much like her. "Engaged? I haven't even got a boyfriend, my love life stinks" she said with a sigh. "Its only work for me. I've started playing seeker for the Vrasta Vultures and am hoping to start a fashion store in New Zealand. When I end up working everyday like an ant, I think I'll have dark circles and wrinkled skin, no boy is likely to ask me to marry him" she said to Zac as she looked at the walls of the manor where huge portrait of the Kuang children were hung, she identified Vivian and Brad whom she had met once back in France. The alcohol in her system was making her speak too much without giving much thought to her words but as it was Zac who sat here she didn't mind.

Zac took a pillow beside him and place it behind him so that he would be more relax. "Wow I'm relieved" He chuckled after listening to Veronica who was joking about burning houses. He place his hand on top of Veronica's head and twist her head so that she was facing him. "Well listen, genius. Maybe my sister is in school. Or maybe I'm an idiot for not knowing if she's on a holiday" He said and looked at the ceiling for several seconds. "Oh well" He chuckle and threw his arms to the air, stretching. "Oh yeah this feels good" He said as he took another pillow and hugged it. It was so soft and huge, who wouldn't like these kind of pillows?

Again, Zac laughed at Veronica for being too imaginative about her love life. He plastered on his dumb looks and looked toward Veronica "Maybe you wont get yourself a husband" He said in a monotone. Of course he was joking, he didn't mean it. Thanks to Brad, the cheeky brother of his, he influenced Zac in saying stupid stuff. "Work wont be that bad. You'll get use to it."Give me a second" He said remembering that he had a gift for Veronica. He walk to the backyard and put the `gift` in a huge box and tied it neatly. He then ran back to the living room and handed it to Veronica. Inside, there was a baby maltese that he bought several days ago."Open it" He smiled.

Veronica raised an eyebrow at Zac. This clearly was not his sort of behavior. No. Zac was a serious kind of dude but not this serious and then all of this lost. "Maybe?"she asked him with a frown. She looked at him as he hugged one pillow after another. She was not sure how to rate this? It was her who was drunk, why was he acting weird? Was he on drugs? But he wasn't someone who looked like they could do drugs. Maybe he had taken some by mistake. It was all were crazy. "Zac? Are you alright? I think all this work is driving you insane"she told him.

She smiled slightly as he joked agreeing with her idea of not getting herself a husband. She got up and walked to the fridge and got herself some water. If they were going to sit here trying to figure out whether Sally still existed on this planet, she needed to get a clear head. "Yeah I suppose" she said as he told her she would soon get used to work. She sipped some water and waited for him on the couch. As he came back with a huge box in his hand she wondered what was in it. "Okay" she said a little unsure as she opened the box. In was a cute little Maltese. "Oh my gawd!" she said happily. "She's so cute" she said as she took the dog into her hand and putting it in her lap, she stroked it. "Thanks Zac, I love her. What should I name her?"she asked him.

Zac couldn't agree more with Veronica, work was driving him crazy. He nodded when she said that and pouted and pretended to cry. "Daddy wont let me play on Sunday and make me do read boring stuff" He said with a baby-ish voice and accent and laughed right after that. He had no idea why he had turned into Brad. In fact, the whole family are like Brad. Zac used to be the quiet and shy one, and Sally, the cheeky one. But now it's different and he had no idea what made them like this, probably it was because he spent more time with them? "Veronica... I think it's freaky that I'm no longer like the old me. I like the old me, quiet, calm and sane" He snorted.

Zac was glad that Veronica liked the present. "Little Nica" He said flatly looking at the wall blankly. He shook his head and looked at Veronica and smile "Don't ask why" He was sure that Veronica knew where the name Nica came from. Nica, from Veronica. It sounded cute anyway, so why not name her that? "If you ever hurt her, I'll be forcing you to keep an eye of my bratty Brad when he lose his temper" He smirked and laughed imagining the scene of Veronica trying to calm his brother down.

Veronica watched in surprise as Zac spoke in baby like voice and pretended to cry and complain about his father not allowing him to play. She joined him and they laughed together. It was weird to see Zac like this, she didn't like it at all. She would give anything to have the old Zac back. When he said he liked his old self and snorted later on she frowned as anger flowed through her. "I liked the old you. I hate you now" she said as she folded her arms over her chest and looked away from him and down to the maltese.

She got it when he suggested the name Little Nica, she wasn't really that blonde the way people thought of her. It was a nice name and she took Little Nica in her hand and stroked it. "I won't hurt her" she told him. Turning back to face her friend she asked "Why have you changed? Is it because of the seer ability?" She seriously wasn't pleased by watching Zac act this way. He was supposed to be a calm person who understood things and not made fun of them no matter how funny the situation was. "I rather have an angry brad than this sort of you" she added wanting to know why he was acting like this.

Zac looked at Veronica who seemed to be annoyed with his current personality. He shrugged when she asked him what was wrong with him. "Probably it's because I have no time to joke around other people so I've changed into this." He said and jumped and opened his bag and grab the paper that was located inside a black folder. It was one of the papers that he had to read, his father ordered him to. "Dear Merlin I forgot about this" He said calmly as he flipped the pages and place it on the desk in front of the couch before sitting on the couch.

Zac laughed after he heard Veronica who'd rather have an angry Brad. Life had been pretty hard for him, he had not been able to laugh for weeks. "Life's pretty tough for me now. What I do everyday is sit behind the desk and do my job. And I think my father is sending me to France, to a Culinary Institute which belongs to muggles. So I guess being able to laugh at random things really lift the burdens on my weight." He said as he looked at the fireplace in front of him. "Why? Do you not like the cheery me?" He nudged her playfully and quickly stopped. "Alright, alright. I wont do it anymore" He smiled at her as he look through the papers in front of him.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for being so late :cry: . I've been busy not to mention the fact that I'm having big internet issues

Veronica sighed as she heard Zac explain how hectic his life was and so he laughed at random things trying to lighten his mood. She hugged him as she sobbed slowly and fact of how much she had missed him sank in. "Its..not that" she said as she drew back and looked up at him. She wiped away the tears and gave him a small smile as she said "I just didn't imagine it would be like this after school. And you're doing muggle stuff and I'm into wizarding things and ...I hardly see you or Sally and we always used to be like magnets back at school" she explained him. Somehow she had been hiding this all inside her and it was just coming out now because she knew no one would understand this other than her best friend.

"Does your dad have wizarding business?"she asked him as she drunk some water. She didn't know how to explain this any other way. It was just that she had missed them so bad and now Sally was not here and Zac had changed so much, it was all different.

Zac wrapped his arms around Veronica, he could understand why she was crying. Life was hard for both of them and their worst nightmare had come which was the future. "The future is so blurry and no one knows what's going to happen" He said and took a handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to Veronica. "Hopefully we'll keep contact other even until you marry a lucky guy" Whoever marry Veronica would be a lucky man, Veronica was tough and sweet at the same time. This was why the relationship between those two was good, she could understand him and so was she. "Don't worry about it, Sally will come. I'm not even sure if her school's on break. If it's a short break then she's probably in Sofia or Paris with the other two" He said trying to calm her down. "But sometimes she comes here just to say hello" He smiled.

Zac nodded when Veronica asked the question if his dad had a wizarding business. "It's basically the same, he own restaurants, there's one here behind the walls in the city, it's like the Diagon Alley but in Beijing" He said, he had never seen that place so he wasn't sure if his father was lying or not. But soon, he would have to go there and check out what was in there and probably work there once in a while. But as for now, he had one in the city, where the muggles go or sometimes the wizards. "But actually, if wizards come to the restaurant in the city, the one where muggles go too, they'll be seated in a different place, where muggles can't see and they're allowed to use magic there" He said.

OOCOut of Character:
dw about it ^^

Veronica sobs died out as Zac spoke to her and hugged her back. Accepting the handkerchief she wiped away her tears and even though she felt sad she nodded as he said that they would stay in touch until she married a lucky guy. "And even after that" she said blowing her nose and smiling weakly at him. "And I don't care if you're wife will be jealous of me" she said and added "if she's too jealous you can get rid of her but I'm staying in your life whether anyone likes it or not" she said as she drank more water and smiled. "And when I meet Sally I'm going to give her a good spank because it was her who wrote to me" she said as she put her glass down on the table.

Little nica was getting comfortable in Veronica's lap and Veronica was sure she was not going to wear the same black skirt again where he was licking her affectionately. "At least nica can be there always reminding me of you both, not that I ever forget you two" she said as she stroked the dog. She heard as Zac told her about the restaurants that his dad owns. "Actually now that you mention it, I'm surprised that all I came here for was to see you and to get my present. I want to see the Beijing wizarding world" she told him with a smirk on her face. It would be exciting to get a glimpse of that. "It's my birthday" she said reminding him that he could not refuse her. Afterall he had to cheer her up and try do something to fill in Sally's absence.

Zac frowned as he listened to Veronica speaking. She reminded him of goodbyes and he hated those. "If you're out of my life, I wouldn't know what to do..." He said weakly and looked down to the carpet. "Actually... My cousin died, she was killed and... I have to work harder so that I can replace her. Soon my sister will have to work as hard as me." That was Zac's worst nightmare, that her cousin had to die. Everyone panicked back then, including Zac, he didn't know what to do. "Saria had been crying everyday and no one can stop her. I don't know... I can't stay away from my family because then my siblings will be in charge of my uncle's restaurant and my dad's. I don't think that's fair, so yeah... Life's tough" He said softly.

Quickly, Zac cleared his throat and change the topic. "Anyway... Yeah... Please do take care of her, I hope you like her" He smiled as she pat little Nica.You want to check out those places? What if we do it tomorrow? I promise you, I'd probably pass out on my way to that place. I'll leave work early tomorrow and I'll take you there. How about that?" He offered trying to be realistic. Zac wasn't faking, he was really tired, he worked too much and was stressed as well.

Veronica heard as Zac explained how hard the situation was for him now that his cousin had died and he had to help out in everything. She nodded and managed a smile as she said "Its okay as long as you don't kick me out of your life." Sipping some more water she heard Zac ask if he could show her all the places tomorrow. To tell the truth, it seemed pretty fair because even Veronica was extremely exhausted. "I think that's fair, maybe by then we can get a hold of Sally's location" she said with a grin as she picked up her purse. "Show me where the guest room is" she told Zac.She was not going back to Bulgaria or New Zealand because if she left she was sure Zac would forget again of her exsistance.

Knowing that Veronica was going to stay there, Zac was thrilled, he was so happy that he had totally forgotten about what she said before. "The third floor" He stood up, grinning and shook his head feeling stupid because he was over excited. Well who wont be excited knowing that your best friend was about to stay over? "Do you need to change into something more comfortable? I can always get you my sister's clothes." Knowing that Sally was a shopaholic, she should have new clothes with different styles that Veronica could wear. "Let's go then" He said leading her to Sally's room and opened the wardrobe, letting her choose the clothes if she wanted but if not then he was fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back