Birthday at Mercer Manor

Jessica Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
It was Jessica's birthday. All she wanted was to spend time with some friends and do her own thing. Of course her parents would not allow that, instead she was stuck in the stupid Manor, with her Mum, Dad and a whole bunch of people, half of which Jess hadnt even met. They had decorated the place nicely Jess would admit, but besides from that Jess didnt want to be here. Mingling with relatives was something she hated. She was nine years old this year and although she was enjoying having all the attention on her, she would have prefered to have the choice on what she wanted to do. She walked over to the chocolate fountain she had requested as a compromise for her parents making her stay here and dipped a strawberry in, biting it angrily and chewing, her eyes scanning the room for someone interesting to talk to.

Melissa smiled and shook hands with one of Keith's work associates that was being a little too friendly for Mel's liking. Slipping away, she saw Jess next to the chocolate fountain, of course. She looked angry and Melissa sighed. What else was new? Approaching the angry nine year old Mel raised her eyebrows in an almost worried way. "Jess, what is wrong with you? Its your birthday, you should be enjoying yourself." She said matter-of-factly. Jess was always doing this, she was a troublesome daughter to say the least.

Jess rolled her eyes as her Mum walked over to her. What did she want? She of course asked Jess to enjoy herself. Putting the left over leaves of the strawberry Jess had just ate on the table she let out a laugh at her Mother. "Enjoy myself? With these people that I barely know? How can you expect me to have a good time?" She said rudely, glaring into her Mums face. Most children wouldnt dare talk like that to their Mother like that, but Jess knew her Mum was too soft for her own good, so didnt care.

"Jessica," She said sternly. Her daughter talked to her like this all the time. Mel had tried being angry, she had tried being soft, she had tried everything, but Jessica chose not to listen to her anymore. "Im sick of you talking to me this way. Do not ruin your birthday, I have told you, you can have a birthday party with your friends, but if you continue to talk that way to me, you will not, do you understand?" She finished with a line she used much too often. It didnt matter how many times she used it Jess never really understood.

"Yeah okay Mum." She said with a wave of her hand as she went off the mingle with some unknown people. When was her mother going to get it? She was not five, she was nine years old now. Sighing she sat down in a corner and watched people, she didnt understand why she had to endure this. She could be in her room right now, but her Mum and Dad had charmed it to know when she entered. So much for shying away. Tay's room wasnt an option either as the stupid idiot locked it so no one could get in. Guess she is pretty smart for doing that though. Jess thought. Jess knew if Tay didnt lock her door, she would be in there trying to find the journal that Taylor kept. Sighing once more she folded her arms, she would just have to put up with these people for a little longer. Happy Birthday to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back