Big Suprises

Amy Stone

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amy skipped up to the owlery, her letters clutched in her hands. She was set on sending her letter but now that she got up there she hesitated. Was it too much information for her dad all at one time? She stared out of the window while she thought, enjoying the sound of the owls hooting all around her.

Since Charlie had contacted his father he had been much happier in himself. And the news that he had a sister, was a very much good prospect for him. He had been an only child, and had always been bored. He had wanted a younger brother, someone to play football with and normal stuff like that.
He was looking forward to meeting his new found sister, and when Matt (or as he was getting used to calling him 'dad') told him that she had magical blood like himself, he was even happier.
Charlie had already written to Matt and asked him if he thought it would be okay to write to Amy, he was pleased when Matt told him he thought it would be a great idea.
He removed himself from the house and sat in the large back garden, quill and parchment in his hand. He knew it might be a bit strange for Amy to receive a letter from him, but Matt had already told him that it was hopefuly Amy had already gotten his letter. He thought about all the things he should include, and after giving it some thought, he began to write.
Hello Amy
I'm not sure how to start this letter, but I'm Charlie, your half brother. I hope you've received the letter from you dad already or not, well you'll probably just think I'm strange!
Since I've heard about you, I've really wanted to talk to you, and well just start getting to know you! I think I should tell you some stuff about me first I guess, that way it might be easier!
Well I'm 16 (your dads already told me your 11 and just starting Hogwarts NZ!)
I also, like you, have "magical blood" as your dad likes to put it!! But I'm actually home schooled, my family weren't keen on me going to a normal school like you!
Erm, I have browny hair, and green eyes, and erm I'm quite tall I guess!!!
Erm, okay I've kind of run out of things to say so I think I'll just leave it there for now!
It would be great to hear from you, and start to get to know you and everything, but I'll understand if you need time to adjust to the idea or anything like that.
So yeah, hope to speak to you soon,
Charlie

Charlie quickly read over his letter, hoping that Amy would be okay him writing to her. He knew that if he read it over too many times he would eventually screw the thing up and never sending it. Seeing his owl sitting up in one of the large trees in the shaded part of the garden he called her over, tied the letter to its leg, and sent her on her way.

Amy was just watching the clouds when an owl landed on the window sill right next to her. She didn't pay it much attention until it began to nudge her. Looking down she saw a letter adressed to her, in handwriting she didn't recognise.
Slightly puzzled she took the letter and tore it open. She gasped when she read the first line, but then broke out into a smile, reading the rest of the letter.

When she had finished reading it she was very happy. She couldn't believe the day she was having! She was glad though, glad that he had actually taken the time to write to her. She couldn't wait to tell Andy!

She quickly went to find one of the schools owls, attached the letter and then nearly sprinted down the stairs to go and find Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back