Beyond the shadows

Jay Rouge

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Wand
15 inch willow and dragon heartstring
Jay walked through the street with a black cloak wrapped around him. As he was walking, he kept hearing footsteps coming from behind him. He didn't know who would be following him or why but he was sure they were. He looked over his shoulders a few times to see if he could catch a glimpse of whoever it was but he couldn't see anyone. The footsteps started getting faster and so did Jay's heart. He could hear that the persn was now close behind him. Who was it??

Nastasia pulled her cloak up around her, it's deep navy hue giving it an almost black effect this far down the alley. She hated coming here especially for who she was but her best clients lived in an apartment over one of the more dreary shops. Her heart raced each time she found herself down here and knew it was only sheer luck so far that no one else had attempted to use magic on her. There was no way she would have been able to fed them off. She hurried to get to a more respectable area or at least a saver area, Nastasia thought she could hear footsteps but with the alley echoing everything all about her she could not distinguish which way they came from.

Her heart pounded, perhaps she had tempted fate more than enough times. She gasped as fear now took hold and all but turned the corner in a run slamming straight into someone. Her hands reached out instantly to steady herself clutching onto the arms of the man she had bumped into.
"I'm sorry, so sorry" she released her hands, her hood fell back revealing her startled face. She never knew who was good or not in this world and probably never would.

Jay was about to turn around again as he could hear the footsteps right up behind him now. He turned round and suddenly someone crashed into him. He kept his balance but the women had to grab his arm to keep hers. He heard her saying she was sorry and replied "It's fine, really. Are you ok?? And why were you running so fast??"

Nastasia reached to pull her hood back up again over her short cropped black hair. Being down Bleak street at any hour of the day spooked her.
"I'm fine thank you" she looked up into his face before turning around to see if there was any one there, "I.. I guess I'm just a bit jumpy being down here. I thought I heard someone following my but it must just have been you coming the other way".

At least she hoped that's what the footsteps were.
"I do apologise again, really. I won't take up any more of your time" she stepped back in order to move around him nervously looking up the rest of the alley and wondering what else or who else she would meet.

"Don't worry. I'm in no hurry. It's only my daughter waiting for me at home and in her mind the longer I stay out of the house the happier she is." Jay looked at the women. She looked very jumpy. "How about I walk with you so you dn't feel so nervous??"

Nastasia looked at the wizard before her and by instinct alone knew it would be save to accept his offer and probably prudent too.
"Just your daughter?" she ventured a smile, grateful that her Italian accent had not made her incomprehensible on this occasion, "You make it sound like a bad thing to have a daughter."

She wondered now was this what he had meant by his words, wrapping her arms about her slender waist she began to walk across the cobbled path.
"I would be grateful for your company, even just for a small distance. I do hate being down here but my business calls for it".

"It's not a bad thing at all. It's a great thing. She just loves being home alone. It's a kid thing." Jay could see the woman start walking so he set off next to her. "So why are you so nervous down here and what business is it that brings you here"

Nastasia could not help but laugh at his bombardment of questions. Usually she found herself extremely nervous around wizards and witches but this man did not give her cause just yet to be apprehensive around him. She turned her face to look at him, her brown eyes almost glimmered with the secret she held close.

"Ah yes a kid thing. I have a niece who does not wish to be at home at all though but rather any where else but at home. Perhaps it simply depends on the parents" she gathered the ends of her robe a bit closer, lifting it gently from the ground so as not to trail across the dirty cobbles. Her movements were slight and graceful.

"Any woman alone in a dark alley has cause for alarm, don't you think? And my dear man I don't even know your name and you wish me to divulge to you matters of my work."
She turned a smiling face up to him, knowing she would much better prefer an introduction between them before she would or could bare to tell him anything about herself.

"Oh you've got a niece. Cool. So is it your brother or sister??" He looked at the woman in the eyes as glimmered in the moonlight.

Jay listened to her saying how women would usually be scared in dark alleys and how she didn't even know his name. "Yeah. Good point actually." He giggled to himself. "My name is Jay. Jay Rouge. What's yours??"

Smiling once more as they walked further out of the alley, Nastasia mentioned that it was her brothers daughter.
"She is the only child in our family now so we spoil her terribly" she allowed herself a brief smile as she recalled her last meeting with Merlina before she headed off to Hogwarts.
Extending her slender and delicate looking hand to him, Nastasia introduced herself.

"I am Nastasia. Nastasia Caliburn. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintence Jay Rouge" she turned away once more, her hood sliding back as she did revealing her pixie like face. Petite and beautiful, her short cropped dark brown hair and revealing some of the tattoo she had on the nape of her neck.
She knew deep down that a witch of any standing would most likely not feel much fear in any alley way but being inept of any magical abilities albeit being a pureblood, Nastasia was always very fearful and highly anxious on these journeys of hers.

"It's the same with my daughter. She is the only person I need to buy for except for myself so just in her room she has 3 guitars, a piano, a CD player. That sort of stuff." Jay saw the smile on her face a grinned to himself.

Nastasia extended her hand and introduced herself. Jay extended his own hand and shook hers. Nastasia said her name and Jay replied "The pleasure is all mine." Jay let go of Nastasia's hand. "So what brings you to these parts??"

Nastasia wondered then if the man was a muggleborn wizard considering he had mentioned his daughters electronic devices. They must not live amongst the magical community either, perhaps it is his wife who maybe muggle. The thoughts whirled through her mind and she wondered why she was even curious. It was not like her to be so. He shook her hand but after releasing it asked once again why she was here. She looked at him curiously for a moment.

"I was working. I am a seamstress, one of the better ones. I design and create my own clothing. Two of my more eccentric clients have an apartment down here where they conduct their business. Usually I do not leave it so late to be leaving but this time it could not be helped" she gave a small smile, "does this answer your question Jay Rouge? May I enquire as to what your own purpose of being down here was? Besides coming to the rescue of damsels in distress".

"Oh really?? I've seen my daughter design a few cloths. She never makes them she just draws them in a sketch pad and yes it does answer my question." Jay smiled at Nastasia. "I was down here getting a few supplies. I was running low on some things so I had to come and get some more."

Nastasia could not contain her smile.
"Ah I see the art of vagueness has not been forgotten. Supplies was it?" she continued walking alongside him, "Does she have a talent for sketching then?"

It was very few nowadays seemed to bother with it, such time consuming pursuits were not for the young apparently which was a shame as it was a wonderful release. At least it had been for her having no magic to practise.

"Yeah, she loves sketching. She does all sorts. Anything that comes to her mind she sketches out in a pad. I've lost count of the amount of pads she's got piled up in her room." Jay could see that by now they were nearly at the end of the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back