Between the Lines

Lawrence Andrew Cavell

OOC First Name
Mintzy ❤
Wand
Kingwood 15 1/2 with Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
It was the same day like yesterday as Enzo decided to stroll around the Park as his eyes wandering around. Children with their parents playing and enjoying their time together. How he wish to be with his little sister around, sadly she was still in Italy with their relatives. "What to do?" he gasped as he gave a big sigh stretching is arms upward. As a gentle breeze blew Enzo decided to have a rest under a tree like he usually does back in Dumstrang. The sun was still shining, the leaves covering the ray of light. He sat there with his book wrapped around his arms and closing his eyes for a while.

Jasmin in a way was happy to be an aunt now because it meant that Kira had less time to bug the fifteen year old about becoming a proper young lady and wear nice clothes and not funny around outside with a football. Just because Kira had been the girly one of the family and always wanted to get married and have a family didn't mean that Jasmin had to follow in her footsteps. Granted she was starting to become used to some of the clothes that her sister had gotten her and she did like some of them, but the dressed were a bit too much at times and she had yet to master the dreaded heels; the last time she tried them she wasn't able to play foot ball for a week until it was rested up, although it had allowed her some more control over her left foot - the weaker of the two when it came to football. Now that she was fully healed up and Kira was busy with Angeline so Jasmin was free to sneak off to the park for a while and practice some of her skills. As she got to the park she saw that there was a few more there than she would have liked but it didn't bother her much. She started off with her usual kicks up but the ball had gotten out of her reach and rolled over to someone lying under a tree. "Ooops sorry about that, sometimes I get carried away." she said running over to the boy, hoping she hadn't hurt him at all.

Girls running after Enzo, grabbing his foot and arms as he was screaming for more. Then suddenly he woke up, pissed off that his dream was once again ruined. A football was beside him, as he check his book on the other side. "A football, who on the earth would play football here?" he asked himself with an obvious question. He stretched his armed, circling his head. Then he stood up and picked the football on the ground. Enzo then noticed a dirty blonde girl was infront of her. She was indeed beautiful, Enzo couldn't help to stare on her eyes. "Hey!" he said to her as he stared at the girl. He wasn't listening to the girl as she was talking, Enzo was left still amazed. "Is this yours?" he asked her as he smiled at the girl handing the football to her. "Enzo, wake up literally!" a voice inside his head commanded.

Jasmin noticed the boy get up and look a little dazed, maybe she had woke him up. Her checks began to blush a light red colour, the last thing she wanted to do was disturb anyone, maybe if she was lucky she could get the football quickly before her got angry, apologise and go again. Seeing that he had picked up her ball her hopes of just getting it and bailing as quickly as she could were turning out not so good. Oh well... she thought as she stopped in front of him. She looked up at him, big brown eyes somehow looking bigger as that of a lost puppy, she wasn’t one to use puppy dog eyes on people but she was told when she did...she used them well. “Hi.” she said, how voice low and soft, she was almost shy and scared as she waited to see what the boy was going to say to her. “Yeah, look I’m really sorry, I got a bit carried away with my practice. I promise if you give it back I’ll go away from large crowds a practice, I didn’t mean to disturb you.” she rambled as she bit her bottom lip...she really wanted her football back.

Enzo was in awe as he was staring at the girl, she was indeed gorgeous. The girl seems to be terrified that she had hit her with the football and all. "Oh no, I't fine" giving the girl a charming smile. He wasn't bothered that his dream was somehow ruin if a masterpiece like this was in front of him. Enzo noticed the girl bit her lips which seems kind of cute for girls to do that around him. "Here you go" he said as he handed the football to the girl. Somehow he knew the girl would round of but before that could happen Enzo asked the girl for her name. "Ah miss, May I know your name?he asked her hoping she would answer him back. It was a chance for him get to know a girl. "Lucky" a voice insisted inside his mind.

Jasmin stopped biting her lip, it was a dead giveaway of hers when she was nervous or anxious, she hated that she had something to show when she was one or both of those things but it was something that everyone had so it shouldn’t be something to worry about a lot – she wasn’t alone. She stopped biting her lip because the boy had said that it was ‘fine’ that was good enough for her. Relaxing more a soft smile crossed her lips, she was just glad she hadn’t made an enemy of sorts today. When he handed her back her football her smile turned into a huge grin. “Thank you!” she said, grinning up at him. Jasmin wasn’t like many girls and unlike most girls a football was one of most precious possessions. When she turned her body slightly to go away she heard the boy call her back and ask for name. She figured that was no harm in it after all she had interrupted his sleep. “Jasmin...Baxter.” she told him, her voice still soft but not so timid anymore. “And you are....?” she asked out of general curiosity, she was pretty sure she had never seen him about before.

Enzo was still staring at the girl, her gorgeous brown eyes was mesmerizing. For some reason he was speechless at a moment, "Take a deep breath. . ". "Pleasure to meet you Jasmin" he got her hand and kissed it just like in the movies, it was a habit of Enzo. "Enzo Cavell at your service" he said to still staring at her eyes. "Football huh? It's amazing a girl like you would love a sport like football, well it is indeed enjoyable" he exclaimed as his face changed expression. Enzo wasn't sure how old she was, but at least he didn't care. He wanted to ask many questions as he can to Jasmin but she might be shocked or unimpressed.

Jasmin thought that the boy was looking at her a little..weird to be honest, she didn’t know what was wrong with him but figured that he was maybe a bit groggy after been rudely awoken from his sleep - which Jasmin still felt bad about. She smiled softly when he said it was a ‘pleasure to meet her’ and when he kissed her hand she went almost as red as her as her top. She had seen men do that in old style films but she didn’t think it still existed in this day in age, even though it was something that Simon had done that day they met, although that day is one that Jasmin would rather forget about now and had done until now. Although she knew that Simon was some womaniser and she wasn’t the only girl he had going at that time, but maybe this boy was different? “Nice to meet you, Enzo.” she said, her voice picking up a bit as she started to feel a bit more comfortable around him. She wasn’t too sure how to take her comment, what kind of girl was she? Jasmin saw herself as a ‘tomboy’ sort of girl and thought people would expect her to like things like football. “A girl like me? What do you mean?” she asked, wanting to clear it up. She may only be dressed in nice clothes today but that was all Kira’s doing.

It was the first time for a girl to look at Enzo suspiciously,still he kept on smiling at Jasmin. "Oh it's just..it's amazing to find a girl who seems so sporty even though she looks a bit uhmm girly perhaps?" he said as he scratch his head looking at her. Enzo was a bit speechless, as if his mind blackout or something. He stood there holding his book like an ice cold sculpture melting.

Jasmin rolled her eyes when the boy said that it was amazing to see a girl into sport but one that dressed so girly. Jasmin thought that this would be a good time to have a bit of fun, even though she didn’t know Enzo it was the type of person she was. She could start to act like a proper girl and go all diva on him but she decided not too as she just couldn’t act like that – she didn’t know how. Sighing she said, “This is all my sisters doing. She thinks that a fifteen year old girl should be interested in nice clothes, skirts and dresses and the like but that’s just not me.” she told this guy, who was a stranger for lack of a better word. “I would much prefer to be in a loose t-shirt and a pair of jeans or jogging bottoms, but much comfortable and easier to play football in.” she said rolling her eyes.

Enzo leaned toward to Jasmin, deeply gazing at her eyes. "Well, there's nothing wrong with that then." he said as he keep on staring at her."Hmmm, do you go to school? perhaps near here?" Enzo asked her as he leaned to the tree,carrying his book. Enzo tried to look away but he was captured with Jasmin's angelic face still he tried. Looking down at the grass, escaping from Jasmin's beauty was indeed hard.

Jasmin was glad that Enzo didn’t make an overly big deal about how she was more of a tomboy in a clearly not tomboy attire, she really had to stand up to Kira sometime soon and stand up for herself, it was getting ridiculous and the worst part she was starting to like some of the clothes that Kira was picking out for her – she promised herself that she would never let that happen but then again she thought Kira would have forgotten about this long ago – obviously not. When Enzo mentioned school Jasmin dropped her eyes to the ground as she shuffled a bit on her feet. This was the only thing that really set her aside from anyone else around her age. “Um..no I don’t actually. I’m a....squib so I can’t go to school.” she said, her voice loosing it’s happy features.

Enzo was the type of person who doesn't judge a person in or out. "Squib?" he thought to himself, the word was somehow very familiar until he realized it was a person who was like a muggle. "I see, to tell you prankly I really don't care if your a squib. That just means that you are unique and that makes you shine even more" he said to Jasmin smiling at her.

Only very few people had been accepting of Jasmin being a squib and that was either her family or her friends that she had lost contact with over the years – something that saddened her greatly. When Enzo said that being a squib made her more unique and shine even more she couldn’t help but smile at the compliment and have a small blush rise in her cheeks – and Jasmin wasn’t one to blush much or rather, ever. “Thank you Enzo. That means a lot.” she told him sincerely. “People aren’t as accepting as you.” she added, resenting the people that judged her because of it; it wasn’t like it was an illness or anything.

Enzo smiled, deep inside he was happy. Jasmin's uniqueness gave Enzo a reason for him to know more about her. He liked girls who for some reason shines brightest among the rest. "Some people are just judgmental...." he said to her as he watched Jasmin blush. "You know what I want to know more about you Jasmin!" Enzo exclaimed cheerfully. Obviously he was in the mood of course, for some flirting maybe and just maybe having a chat with a young, pretty, unique girl definitely.

Jasmin was starting to become sort of nervous around Enzo and fidgety hence why she started to toss her football around a bit, just to keep her hands busy as she felt the need to do it. Enzo was really nice. For a complete stranger he was more accepting than some people Jasmin had known for much longer. She nodded her head and she hummed in agreement about people being just judgmental; she couldn’t agree with that statement even more. When Enzo showed his interest in wanting to get to know Jasmin more she pondered for a moment. After all, Enzo was still a stranger but he was a nice stranger and they were in a public place so it wasn’t like he could do much. “Sure!” she exclaimed happily. Taking a seat under the tree where she had disturbed Enzo she patted the ground beside her and smiled over at him. “So! What do you want to know?” she asked happily.

Enzo smiled as he watched Jasmin tossing her football like a child, it was a sign that she was nervous. He then took a seat beside Jasmin on the grass, still staring at her. "Hmmm Let me start of by asking How old are you? he asked her as if it was a interview or something. Most of all he liked the way Jasmin turned into this cheery and hyped up girl. It was a good sign that the two were finally talking and getting to know each other. Enzo brushed his hand through his hair as he waited for Jasmin to reply.

Jasmin smiled as Enzo sat down beside her. This wasn’t her she had imagined her day planning out – it was much better. By now she would have been back at Kira’s house playing with Angeline so she could let Kira get some sleep after work seeing as Andros would be at work – oh well. Kira was Ange’s mother after all so she wouldn’t mind spending more time with her seeing as work had been leaving her more tired as of late and Angeline still wasn’t sleeping well during the night. She glanced over at Enzo as he pondered his first question. “Well that one’s easy.” she said with a small laugh. “I’m fifteen.” she said with a happy smile as she folded her legs Indian style and placed her football in the small gap so there was still room to toss it about to keep her hands busy. “And what age are you?” she asked, returning his question.

Enzo liked the way Jasmin smile at him, it was either she was starting to like him back or Enzo's just paranoid. As he heard Jasmin's answered he was far more glad to know that they were of the same age. "Same, I'm fifteen too" he replied to her. Enzo then crossed his hands and started to lay down. He wanted to see the clouds up in the sky. When he was a kid he would always go outside their house, lay down in the grass through their garden backyard. It was a daily routine for him after class when he was still in London. He looked at Jasmin's eyes they were somehow the same like the deep blue sky, in other words he eyes were amazing. "You could also lay down if you want to, but if not no ones forcing you to do so" he said to her as he smiled at her. Some clouds in the sky shaped like animal some were random faces. Enzo pointed out a cloud shaped like a deer, two antlers was on it's head. Then it changed shape as the clouds kept moving and moving.

OOCOut of Character:
So sorry. Uni has been so busy =(

Jasmin was a tiny bit surprised when Enzo told her that they were in fact the same age. She had figured that they’d be around the same age but she thought that he would have been a bit older than her, but in a way most boys her age seemed a bit older than they actually were. It didn’t matter what age he was to her though, Jasmin could easily get along with people, younger and older than her – she was just that type of person. Jasmin watched Enzo lie down on the grass and cast his eyes up to the sky. She looked upwards for a few moments and noticed just how clear the sky was today – there was some clouds but they were the good, fluffy white kind that wouldn’t ruin a day of football for her. When he invited her to lie down beside him she shrugged her small shoulders as if to say, ‘Sure, why not?’ Looking up at the sky she laughed softly when she saw Enzo point out a cloud in the shape of a deer, antlers and all. “I haven’t done this in ages.” she told him with her soft laugh still lacing her words.

"It's good to act like a child a t times, as if you're back to being innocent" he said to her as he was staring at Jasmin's eyes. There were many clouds, small and big. It's been months since he and her sister been doing this."Look over there, it's a heart shape cloud" Enzo pointed out to her. It was quite relaxing indeed, Enzo felt a bit comfortable when Jasmin is beside her. Although the two were a bit awkward lying down in the park it was a moment for Enzo to cherish.

Jasmin took a few moments to find a comfortable position on the ground, thankfully the weather was as warm as ever in New Zealand and the ground was dry and just right for cloud watching purposes. Listening to Enzo’s words Jasmin looked over at him. She agreed with him but it was something that Jasmin never thought she would hear a guy say. Jasmin took pride in the fact that she felt that she had yet to grow up and always kept a bit of her childlike innocence around her. Looking back up to the sky Jasmin started to look for different or unique shapes of clouds before Enzo pointed out another one. “Aw that’s cute.” she said in a soft voice. Jasmin wasn’t one to like girly things like pink and hearts and the like but she figured it was Kira getting to her. “Oh that one looks like a dog.” she said as she pointed to one over to the far right.

Enzo liked the energy of Jasmin, somehow he loves spending his time with her. As girls started to pass by them giggling as they look at Enzo and Jasmin. He ignored them, now that was a hard thing for him to do ignore hot girls. He couldn't help not to stare at Jasmin's eyes. She was so pretty that he could spend time with her the whole day. Enzo loved her sporty side yet she was gentle or rather fragile that made her more interesting than the other girls Enzo dated. She more like of Anna, she had this innocent face that somehow she was hiding a fierce attitude. Enzo liked her a lot, he wish this day wouldn't end. As he heard Jasmin speak and pointing out a cloud shaped like a dog, he couldn't help but to smile and laugh. "So tell me Jasmin are you somehow having fun or Am I boring you?" he asked her hoping he didn't offended or scared her away. He wanted to know more about the real Jasmin.

Jasmin continued to let her soft brown eyes skin the clear blue sky for oddly shaped clouds or clouds that resembled something else. She hadn’t really done this in years but she did have memories of Josh and herself lying down on the grass after playing football and she would look up at the sky but not purposely to look for cloud shapes. Jasmin’s smile had yet to fade from her face, she hadn’t laughed or had this much fun in a while. She always seemed to make her own fun but that was because she had no one else to have fun with. Only when Josh was home for the holidays did she actually have proper fun, but then again it would always be cut short with him having to return to school. Turning to face Enzo when he questioned her enjoyment of the day so far, she sat up and leaned against the tree, looking down at him – he looked different from that angle. “What makes you think I’m not enjoying myself?” She asked him, rather shocked that he asked that, “I’m having more fun in this short time than I have in a long time.” she told him truthfully.

"I just feel that...... I'm boring you somehow. Some girls would hate doing this with me, they would complain about their hare getting messy, their dress and stuff." he said to her as he was still looking at the sky. He then turned to Jasmin to face her, he felt relieved when he heard that Jasmin was rather enjoying himself than he thought she wasn't. "That's good to hear" he said to her in a soft gentle voice. Enzo saw a man pushing a cart towards the park, he was obviously selling some drinks. "Hey you thirsty?" he asked her as he pointed his right hand to the cart inches away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back