OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya had no idea what she was supposed to say, but she did know that she couldnt just leave things the way they were. She rushed along the corridor, spotting who she was after and squeezing through the crowd. "Abian!" She called, grabbing his arm as soon as she was through the crowd. "Abian, we gotta talk," she bit her lip, looking up to him with wide eyes.

Abian had just spent an hour studying in the library, and he was truly getting sick of books. He didn't even know if it would all be worth it in the end, as he had no idea if he would ever be good enough to be a healer. He was already in a bad room, and when he heard his name being called and felt Amaya grab his arm, he was only more frustrated. He pulled his arm out of her grasp and frowned at her. "Do we?" He asked her, not slowing down on his way to the common room. Why was it that she could decide when they should and shouldn't talk? What was the point if she later said talking to him was a mistake anyway?

Amaya winced. Okay, she deserved that. "Abian, please," She pleaded, scurrying to step in front of him. "I'm sorry about everything, I could kill Baron, I'm sorry," She pleaded, putting her hands on his arms. "I was going to tell you, I wasn't sure how," She bit her lip. "Abian, come on," She tried to stop him.

Abian came to a stop, still frowning as Amaya moved in front of him. "If you think I'm mad he knew before me, you really don't get it." He told her, crossing his arms and stepping back to create a bit more distance between them. "Like, at all." He added. "I don't care who you told or didn't tell, though apparently you care about that because you got so upset about me not telling you about Emily. But that's not why I'm upset, and I think you know that."

Amaya winced a little at his words. "Abian, I get it, I do. The courtyard was... I don't know what that was, honestly," she sighed, wrapping her arms around her torso. "He's not always like that, he overreacted. Everything had been crazy, he won't be that way again, I swear." She looked to her best friend, giving him a weak smile. "Everyone messes up, please give him a chance," she asked quietly.

Abian listened to Amaya as she told him Kace was not always like that, but that he had just overreacted. "It was messed up, Amaya, and it's messed up that you're defending him. What if he decides to do that to you when you make him angry by simply asking a question?" He asked her, frowning. "And if he's really a great guy, why are you the one apologizing for him, instead of him saying sorry himself?" He asked, shaking his head. "He was pretty violent and aggressive, and I bet that it's not just a one time thing." He told her, sighing. "I'm not sure this is a good guy for you, or ... for anyone, really." He said quietly. "Do you really want to date someone who treats your friends that way, and gets angry that you share your feelings with a friend? He and his brother made it sound like you did something wrong by talking to me."

Amaya stepped back. "Oh, you're one to talk, didn't Emily get into a literal fist fight with Eric Holland? And then turn on the teachers that tried to get in the way?" She asked, brow furrowed. "Sure, he was an idiot, but everything in his life has been a mess. He met his twin brother, found out his dad had been lying to him his entire life. There was a reason I didn't go to him in the first place." She sighed. "It was sweet of you to stand up for me. It was sweet of him to be upset to think he'd hurt me. I'm not asking you to be his best friend. I'm asking you to be mine and give him a chance," She pleaded gently. "I'm not going to pick sides, Abian," She bit her lip. "I don't want us to fight." She reached out to place her hand on his arm.

Abian frowned as Amaya brought up something that had happened long ago, and that he was sure she had only heard rumors about, as that was the case for him. "She wouldn't do that to my friends." He told her firmly. "And you weren't there, I wasn't there. It's not a situation you can compare, and it kind of sucks that you're trying." He told her, starting to move away from her. "It was not sweet of him to be upset enough to hurt someone." He told her with a frown. "You're not seeing his bad behavior, and the fact that he's not here to say sorry says enough." He pulled away from her. "I'm going to the common room now." He simply said.

Amaya nearly panicked as Abian tried to leave, her hand shooting out to grab his arm. "I know, I know. Abian, I'm desperate, I can't handle you being upset with me, I can't lose you," She looked up at him, chocolate eyes pleading. "I can't take sides, I know that he messed up," She bit her lip, her grip on his arm tightening. "Abian, you're my best friend, you and Kace are all I have." She was afraid that if she let him go, he would disappear.

Abian had never seen this side of Amaya before, and a part of him wanted to give in so she would stop looking at him like that. But he had been really hurt by how everyone had acted, and it sucked to know Amaya had thought she made a mistake by confiding in him. Or at least... her boyfriend thought it was wrong, and she seemed not to challenge that. Abian hesitated, then pulled his arm free with a regretful look. "Please give me space." He told her quietly. "I need you to understand why I'm upset, and right now I don't feel like you do." He told her softly. "Just... think about things, and I will do the same. I have to go now." He knew Amaya wasn't trying to make him feel guilty, but she was. And it wasn't entirely fair. He knew deep down that he had a right to feel how he felt, even if it was a little painful right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back