Benson Thacker

OOC First Name
Louise
rupert_grint.jpg

Full Name: Benson Graham Thacker
-Other names: Ben, Benny, Thacker-
Birth Date: April 22, 2011
Current Age: 11 years old
Basic Appearance: Benson has light green coloured eyes. He has fiery red hair, which is quite long and shaggy . It usually hangs in his face a lot, but he refuses to cut it. His skin is pale which makes his hair stand out even more. He has quite long legs and has the potential to be very tall. Benson currently stands at a height of 5'3". Benson is found wearing mostly casual t-shirts and jeans. He is rarely found in anything more fancy. He prefers to stay casual and feels extremely uncomfortable when he is in anything formal. Benson also has many smiles, most of the smiles on his face are usually awkward smiles. They look a little strained but they seem to appear on his face when he is talking to someone he doesn't know or someone who he is uncomfortable around. He has an excited smile, one that he usually wears when he plays soccer or when he truly is excited about something. He has an embarassed smile aswell, this is a very small one and is usually followed by his cheeks reddening. Then there is a smile that looks comfortable and natural and is only seen when he is with a friend or someone who he trusts. These are the main smiles that he has, it is rare that any other appear.

Pets, if any: An Irish Red Setter, Vince. He was a gift from his parents for his fifth birthday. Vince is six years old.
Area of Residence: Benson was born in Co. Galway, Ireland but moved to Auckland, New Zealand which is were he is currently living.
Blood status: Half Blood.

Family
Parents:

julie-walters-3-sized.jpg

Rita Amanda Thacker
Birth Date: 12th July, 1984
Current Age: 38
Birthplace: Co. Mayo, Ireland
Blood: Half Blood
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'4", quite stout,

Arthur20Weasley.jpg

Martin Graham Thacker
Birth Date: 23rd November, 1983
Current Age: 39
Birthplace: Co. Galway, Ireland
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Height: 6'1"
Current Occupation: Muggle Financial Adviser

Siblings:
robert_pattinson_haircut.jpg

Seamus Martin Thacker
Birth Date:12 October, 2000
Current Age: 22
Birthplace: Co. Galway, Ireland
Hair Color: Originally red, but now Brown.
Eye Color: Green
Height: 6'1"
Current Occupation: Healer in St Mungos.

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why):
- Best school subjects (And why):
- Worst school subjects (And why):

(all characters:)
What would their Patronus be? Dog, Golden Retreiver
What would their Boggart be? Snakes
What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) A lion
What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Benson would probably see himself as an Auror. Its what he wants to be at the moment, but this may change as he grows up.
What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Benson would probably use the memory of when he won 'Player of the Year' and accepting his award in his old Soccer Club. This memory wouldn't even be close to strong enough to create a patronus but its his happiest moment so far. Again, this will change as he becomes older.

Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:

Dear diary well I don't think I'll call this a diary. I think to call something a diary it'll need more than one entry, I highly doubt I'll write in this again. This is more of a memory record, we just moved to New Zealand and its the first time I've seen the house that wasn't in photos. Its nice. I quite like it. It doesn't feel anything like home but I'll give it another few weeks. I get my own room which is a bonus. Sharing a room with Seamus had its downs.

Seamus won't even be around that much anyway, he got a new job aswell, as a Healer in St. Mungos. He definitely deserved it, he worked hard. Dad won't be around much either what with his new job. I wonder if I'll meet any kids going to Hogwarts like me? They probably already have made friends and I'll be left out as usual. I'm not so sure if people will like me here, I wasn't all that popular back in Ireland... what am I saying? I wasn't popular at all! Whats going to make here any different? I guess it'll just be me, mom and Vince. I'm so glad I could bring Vince to New Zealand at first there was difficulties but I wasn't leaving Ireland without him, I guess my parents saw that.

Even just thinking of Hogwarts makes me feel excited. Sometimes I get a little nervous but thats normal right? I hope I make Gryffindor. Seamus was a Ravenclaw but there is no way I'll ever make Ravenclaw. Mom and Dad are quite laid-back about the whole 'house' thing, which is good. I'd hate to have parents having really high expectations of me and all. I have my doubts about making Gryffindor I'm not super brave..and I heard that that is one of its main traits. I don't really know about the other traits..but theres something about Gryffindor that just draws me to it. I guess I'll have to wait till the sorting ceremony...which seems so far away. I really wish it would come sooner. I hear mom calling me, the truck carrying all of our old furniture is here. I got to go and help unpack.
Ben.

Hello Ben,
It's nice to see you use Rupert's celeb :) .
Here are a few questions that came to my mind,

1.Why did you move to New Zealand?
2.What does your mom do?
3.What house were your parents in?
4.Where did Seamus study?
5.Five words that desribe you best?
6.Would you like having a girl friend at young age? If yes, why and if no, why?
7.Did you see any magical signs? Desribe?
8.Would you be intrested in Qudditch?
9.Is there any specific reason for your family to move to New Zealand out of all places in the world?
10. Why would your patronus be a Dog?(You must remember that you will learn that in 7th year, isn't it likely to change by then?)

Thats some for now,
AB

Thank you Andrew for these questions! [I'll answer IC]

1.Why did you move to New Zealand?
I moved to New Zealand as my father was offered a better job than the one he already had in Ireland. As my parents discussed the move, Seamus applied for the position as a Healer in St. Mungos in New Zealand. He soon received word that he had got the job and it seemed that moving was the best thing for the family to do.

2.What does your mom do?
My mother doesn't work and is a homemaker.

3.What house were your parents in?
My mother was in Hufflepuff and my father was in Gryffindor, both of them studied in Hogwarts Scotland.

4.Where did Seamus study?
Seamus studied in Hogwarts Scotland from 2011-2018.

5.Five words that desribe you best?
Loyal, Stubborn, Brave, Humorous, Trustworthy

6.Would you like having a girl friend at young age? If yes, why and if no, why?
[I'll answer this OOC] Benson does't want a girlfriend at a young age. Mainly because he is a little immature and very boyish, he really wouldn't know how to handle a girlfriend. He is a bit of a 'plonker' aswell and wouldn't be able to hold a good conversation with a girl. :p

7.Did you see any magical signs? Desribe?
Well I'm not sure if I would call it 'magical', but since magic ran through my family I was a little curious so I took my brothers wand when he wasn't looking. I gave it a couple of waves...and lets just say it didn't end up that good. I set my brother's curtains on fire and was grounded for a month. Though I was glad that at least there was some effect from the wand. So I guess that'd be the most magical signs that I've noticed.

8.Would you be intrested in Qudditch?
I've a great interest in quidditch already and support the Chudley Cannons. I love to fly but I don't think I'll try out for any house team. I really enjoy watching quidditch more than playing it.

9.Is there any specific reason for your family to move to New Zealand out of all places in the world?
Well my father's and brother's jobs were here so there was no choice.

10. Why would your patronus be a Dog?(You must remember that you will learn that in 7th year, isn't it likely to change by then?)
My patronus would be a dog, the golden retreiver because it is a loyal creature and is quite brave. I have those qualities in myself and they are quite strong qualities and I don't think they will ever go away. So I don't think my patronus would change.

Thanks again for the questions ^_^

I loved reading your answers

~Did Ben attend muggle schooling?
~How is he stubborn? A paragraph(Rp) if you have time
~Ben didn't have friends before, so is he going to get good friends fast or will it take time after he starts school?
~What subjects is he likely to like?
~Do you have any aunts or uncles or cousins?
~Which Auror has inspired you?
~Do you have much knowledge on magical issues?

I love answering your questions! :p They are really helping! :)

1. Did Ben attend muggle schooling?
Yes Benson attended a muggle school up until his father and brother got their jobs in New Zealand.

2. How is he stubborn? A paragraph(Rp) if you have time
Benson would be stubborn in a way that if theres something he doesn't want to do he simply won't do it. Laziness can also be brought into that. He can also be quite stubborn about changing his opinion for example if he has an idea of something he will rarely ever change it.

RP
Benson lay on his bed reading the latest in the muggle sport: Soccer. Beside him lay his copy of a sports section from a wizarding newspaper, it was rare that the two papers would be seen so close. He had his bedroom door locked and the key was under his pillow. No way was he going to those so-called 'relations' of his. So his uncle re-married, that still doesn't mean that the womans children are his cousins. They were horrible and he wasn't going. "Benson come on, you didn't give them a proper chance!" His mother called from the bottom of the stairs though Benson could still hear her perfectly clear. "I'm not going. They're horrible!" He shouted back sitting up. He could hear footsteps pound on the stairs. She was angry. Benson quickly took the key from under his bed and unlocked the door. "Benson Thacker you are coming to re-meet your relations. Its a family thing and you are coming." She demanded, "Even Seamus is coming, he had to get off work. If he can get past them so can you." Behind the door Benson rolled his eyes, he then gripped his doorknob and swung open the door. "I told you. I. Hate. Them." He said seriously. It was now his mothers turn to roll her eyes, "Benson, we are having dinner with them. If you don't come there is no dinner for you when we get back." She said having a good feeling this would make him change his mind. "I just won't have dinner then." Benson said to her finally. No way was he going to a dinner, not only would he have to sit with the children but he would have to change into more formal clothes. Benson's mother shook her head. "We'll be back at ten." She then marched down the stairs. Benson closed over his bedroom door, "Having no dinner is better than having dinner with them" he muttered to himself and proped himself back up on his bed. He was quite satisfied with his desicion even if he did act like a brat, he would apoligise for that later, right now he had to find out if his team made the finals.

3. Ben didn't have friends before, so is he going to get good friends fast or will it take time after he starts school?
I think Benson's close friendships will be made a little while after school starts. He is the type of person that would only have one or two close friends, people he can really trust. It would take awhile for him to trust someone that well.

4. What subjects is he likely to like?
Transfiguration, Charms and D.A.D.A.

5. Do you have any aunts or uncles or cousins?
[Key: ~ - Children / Green - In laws]
Yes, on my mothers side I have:
Brian (mothers brother) and Caroll
~Niamh (aged 14) and Marcus (aged 6)
Suzanne (mothers sister) and Fionn
~Greg (aged 12)

On my fathers side:
Jack and Wendy
~Norah (aged 2)
Alice and Shaun
~Sadie (aged 14), Ed (aged 12) and Vanessa (aged 8)
Phil [not married]

6. Which Auror has inspired you?
Well there has been a few but I know most about the famous Harry Potter. He's someone I'd defintely look up to.

7. Do you have much knowledge on magical issues?
Yes we do. We get a daily subscription of the Daily Prophet, I read it most days. After it has been read by each of my other family members of coarse, I'm always the last to get it.

Thanks again Andrew :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back