Being extremely risky.

Snow Blaze

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
"It's cold."

Snow stood facing the frozen lake, trying to remember what it looked like when it was not frozen. There was a time last year when some students fell down the lake, though they didn't die, as Snow expected. She has always been expecting death. As though death was something normal even in the smallest mistake. "Death always comes," she would say to herself as she drinks her chocolate drink. But death never frightened Snow. No. Death always comes.

The last snow fell slowly down the school. Spring would soon come, and Snow would wait for winter again. There was something comfortable about the whiteness winter brings the earth. Though there was a sting of the coldness, something about the white carpet of snow makes the world look peaceful.

Snow jumped to the lake, expecting the hard ice hit her shoes with a small thud. But then, there was a loud crack. And the ice broke. "N-no..!" Snow had muttered before she started to fall to the cold water.

It was electrifying, the water. Snow, an experienced swimmer, wasn't able to move when she fell. Her legs and arms numbed. And there was a split second under the water when she wanted to shout. But it was a split second. And the numbness, the electrifying cold, stopped Snow from thinking about hope. She stayed still, almost accepting the death she had always thought about.

Hillary had been getting a bit of fresh air when she froze. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed, noticing the hole in the ice. "That can only be made by.." She raced towards the lake. She walked to the spot next to the hole. She looked down and saw a girl who looked like another second year. She reached down without thinking before taking them back out. The water was freezing! She took a deep breath and stuck both of her hands in to the hole. She grabbed the girl's arms and pulled the girl out of the water. "Come inside, quick," Hillary said, concerned. "There's risk of hypothermia and a lot of other stuff. Can you walk?"

Consciousness came rushing in when Snow felt the warm air. Colors. She could see the outside again. Snow had thought the ice, the water, would completely devour her. But someone saved her. She looked up. Snow's savior was a girl about her age who kept on talking and talking. Snow wondered who she was. "I'm fine." she assured the girl, though her voice was trembling from the cold. It must have been the shock of falling. The shock of death. Snow stood up and realized that her clothes were wet. "It didn't feel wet in the water." she said to herself, though the other girl must have heard it.

Hillary wished she had paid more attention to the medical shows that her parents liked to watch. "No, you're not," she said. "You almost died! I'm Hillary by the way. You really need to go inside. Warm up and change in to new clothes. You'll feel a lot better if you do. Come with me." She hoped the girl would listen and get better. She just wanted the girl to be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back