Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Straight 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Flavio was thankful the beginning of the school year was slow, as it gave him the opportunity to study subjects in the library that suited his own interests rather than studying things that were necessary for classes. That year he was particularly glad for it, able to look up things about being an auror to solidify that it truly was a career he was interested in pursuing when he finished school. He began by reading through the general books he was able to find, then moved onto issues of the daily prophet wanting to find information that was more recent and most importantly local. It seemed logical for him to learn a little about what had happened with the auror department in New Zealand in the past given he would be working with them if he worked hard enough to make the cut.

Flavio spent the entirety of his afternoon researching, going on well into the evening and hardly paying attention as dinner passed and the sun began to set. It was only when a story involving an all too familiar professor caught his eye did he clue into what time it was as he took a step back from what he was reading. Never in his life did he think he would ever see a story about Professor Pendleton, of all people, taking part in arresting a criminal. But there it was staring him in the face and the first thought in is mind when he got over his initial surprise was to tell Geo. The subject of a career as an auror had been brought up by her in the past, and after seeing her briefly at the careers fair over the holidays he had been meaning to talk to her about everything. The article was as good of an excuse as any especially given the fact they both knew who Professor Pendleton was, and before Flavio knew it he was heading to the great hall with the issue of the prophet tucked under his arm. It did not take long for him to spot Geo at the Hufflepuff table and he quickly approached her and sat down. "Hey, I found something I thought I should show you." Getting out the issue of the prophet and unfolding it, he said "Read this," before he placed the paper on the table and anticipated her reaction.​
<i>
</i>

Last year, Geo had been feeling as though she'd been drowing in her activities, however despite not dropping any of her responsibilities, the events over the summer holidays had given the Hufflepuff a chance to reflect on what was most important. She'd purposely been making an extra added effort not to get too worked up and while she usually may have been found reading in her spare time, she'd been trying to find alternative things to be doing to keep her relaxed. It was getting late, but the fourth year had been sat in the Great Hall after finishing her dinner, and was writing to her friend back in Scotland. Riley was like a sister to her and they'd grown up in Brighton together until they'd been separated on their journeys to alternative schools, but that didn't stop them getting in frequent contact. She was in the middle of a paragraph about her progress in Quidditch when she was aware that someone had approached her, and peering up to see a friendly face she smiled at Flavio. The Ravenclaw had always been there to help her out academically, especially over the last twelve months, although the only time she really saw him when they were in the library or out on the pitch, and it was a nice and pleasant change to see him that evening as he sat down at her side.

Her blue eyes peered down as Flavio opened up a copy of the Daily Prophet, suddenly wondering if perhaps something important had happened recently that she'd managed to miss hearing about it. Casting her attention across the page though, it wasn't anything recent that shocked her but a name that popped up and out the white paper on which it was printed. She'd heard of the criminal before, it was hard not to, but it was first time that she'd made the connection between the man who caught him and her current potions Professor. She wouldn't have pegged that man to be the one to take Zannon down, "That's amazing," she stated simply, her eye's continuing to read through the details before she glancing up to the student beside her. "Do you think he was an Auror before he became a professor?" she wondered out loud. He was Deputy now which surely meant he'd been at the school for a while, and this was only a few years ago. Perhaps he'd simply been in the wrong place at the right time, although if anything that only proved the importance of being ready for conflict at any given moment. To find someone like Zannon roaming the streets around civilians though was enough to make Geo's skin crawl, "I can't believe he'd gotten away with it for so long," she added, reminded of why exactly she wanted to become an Auror in the first place.

Geo seemed to have a similar reaction to the article, finding it unexpected yet admirable that Professor Pendleton took down a wanted criminal, and a murderer at that. Flavio wished he had been old enough to pay attention to current events at the time it was printed, thinking that in seeing it, he might have made the decision to become an auror earlier on. If he knew one of the professors he admired was able to help keep New Zealand a safer place he certainly would have felt more confident looking into the career when he was a bit younger, that was for sure. Although regardless of the timing he had made that decision now and was thankful that older issues of the daily prophet were available to him for that reason alone. At Geo's question, Flavio looked from the article, to Geo, and shrugged. "I do not know, but that would be helpful for both of us." The thought to approach Professor Pendleton and ask about the article was on his mind but showing it to Geo had been a priority knowing she would also find it interesting. Asking directly about how to become an auror and garnering an idea of what was required and all the training a potential auror needed to go through would help both he and Geo become more prepared when they began to head down that path after graduation, if a career as an auror was one still in both of their sights. Flavio had no intention of changing his mind at least, it seemed the more he learned about what being an auror entailed the more it was fitting to him.

When Geo commented on the criminal Flavio nodded in agreement, not sure of what else he could say on the subject. Hurting others was never acceptable and the only way to keep everyone safe was to catch the witches and wizards that did hurt others quickly and efficiently before they could cause more harm. He was relieved that Zannon was locked up now, and the people who were hurt by him had a sense of justice for his actions. "It is good he is in askaban now, though. I do not want to imagine someone like him still walking free." The thought of any dark witch or wizard walking free and able to hurt more people was one that sent a shiver down his spine, yet it motivated him to do everything he could to help find them.​
<i>
</i>

Perhaps at some point it would have been worthwhile for the pair to talk to Professor Pendleton, but given the recent issues he'd had on his own, plus a few additional instances in which Geo wasn't sure if she was in his good books, it may have been better to let the dust settle before approaching him to speak about that particular ordeal. The Hufflepuff nodded in agreement as Flavio painted the image of more people like Zannon. That would unlikely be the case though, every few years it seemed as though there was some new ploy on the streets, but it was the Aurors that put themselves out there to help their community against them, and nothing had ever felt quite as fitting as that job title to Geo. She may not have had a personal excuse to feel so strongly for justice, and she didnt know anyone herself who'd been effected by someone like that, but as far as she was concerned anyone who thought it was an acceptable way to live and who believed ending someone else's life was an option, was enough for the fourth year to put everything she had towards stopping it. Everyone should have a chance to find their potential.

Even though Geo's heart was a little heavy at the memory of what Zannon had done, she looked up at Flavio with a small smile when he replied to her question. She'd known she'd wanted to be an Auror for as long as she could remember, but it was only recently that she learnt that one of her best friends shared the same dream. "Do you think we'll get to work together much?" she asked him. Of course, he was a couple of years older and would no doubt progress at a greater rate than she. Flavio was the smartest person in their school and it didn't need her spending the last couple of years studying with him to realise that, but the possibility of being able to face the issues that lay outside the castle with him was a comforting one.

Flavio matched the smile Geo gave him, feeling content that he was finally talking to her about their mutual career aspirations despite how awful he felt about people like Zannon walking free. His friendship with Geo had grown over the past year and he appreciated all the time they spent studying together, but he had to admit talking to her about something other than their classes was refreshing, and a reminder that they were still good friends when they weren't in the library. As he listened to Geo's question of whether they would work together often when they left school, he made a mental note to talk to her more outside of their study sessions. Now that he had a little more free time with less classes to take, it was actually possible to spend time with Geo and his other friends and he wanted to make the most of it. "I think we will work together. But I am not really sure how everything works in the auror department." He answered honestly. Even with his research into the career there was no way for him to know the logistics of a department in the ministry, especially not the department where aurors were concerned. He was sure it was kept secret for a reason and that he would never know until he was part of it. If anything, not knowing motivated him further to become an auror so he could find out.

Flavio sighed, then said "Working together would be fun, we should make it happen if we can," as he reached over to pick up the issue of the daily prophet and read it over again. Seeing professor Pendleton's name was still so surreal to him, but the more he thought about it the more it made sense. Knowing that the potions professor had helped put a criminal behind bars definitely showed he was a leader, and that the title of deputy headmaster was fitting for him. If anything it instilled more of Flavio's confidence in professor Pendleton than ever, not that he ever doubted the man to begin with. "I think I am definitely going to ask him about this article." Flavio said, more thinking out loud than anything. He soon looked back to Geo and smiled again however. "Would you like me to let you know what he says?" He asked, hoping that Geo did want him to tell her about it because he wanted another opportunity to talk about their futures.
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back