Beauty in Confusion

Caina Dante

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Caina had spent as much time as it seemed possible with Andrew lately. Sure she loved spending time with him, but lately he had been confusing her more and more. Well maybe it was more Caina was confusing herself. She shouldn't fell this way about Andrew. It could ruin their friendship, something she wasn't willing to do. Deciding to spend the day clearing her mind, she told Andrew she would meet up with him later. With that she left the Slytherin common room her feet leading her to the cliffs. It just seemed that the cliffs were the place in which she could think more clearly. If that was true of not this Slytherin was exactly sure.

Her hair was pin straight as the wind blew it gently into the air. Her blue eyes closed gently as she stood at the edge of the cliff, at a safe distance of course, her arms slightly out horizontally. A small smile forming on her thin lips. For a moment her thoughts were completely empty, it almost found perfect. not to have to worry about anything, not to have to think about things and their after effects. To have a completely blank mind.

Sadly this didn't last long for when the wind stopped blowing, Caina's eyes opened looking at the few across from her. Her arms dropped gently to her side. A small sigh escaped her lips.

Lexi was walking, starring in nowhere, she doesn't know where to go. Wearing her casual outfitfor today. She wander at lawn going at the lake and didn't realize she was at the cliff, by walking in the rocky part of the cliff. Lexi went back to earth, she stopped and sigh, it was a tremendous week for her; telling Andrew her feelings, Alexia's birthday and classes. And she's bother now because of her grades, Lexi was failing every subjects.

Lexi looked around, here eyes widen when she saw Caina, Andrew's best friend. She doesn't want fight today, or if the girl wants then she'll have to take it. She wish that Caina didn't saw her, Lexi turned and walked slowly for not Caina to noticed that Lexi is their.

Caina's eyes stayed focused on the cliffs and the view hoping that another wind gust would bring her once more out of her daily and more than just confusing thoughts. Yet no wind blew. Something else did however occur. This slytherin fourth year felt another person about her. Maybe it was Andrew coming to talk to her or maybe it was some random person that wanted to enjoy the view of the cliffs. Either way Caina knew it would only be correct to say hello to the new arrival. Turning her head her mouth opened slightly and just for a moment as she saw the person was indeed Lexi, one of Andrew's close friends, the very girl that Caina could not help but feel jealous of.

Quickly she put a smile on her face. "Hey Lexi" Caina said her tone friendly. Caina had to be friendly. There was no reason not to be friendly. Lexi was nothing but decent to Caina. Just because Caina felt that Lexi and Andrew were more than just friends, when Caina herself wanted badly to be in that position, she had no reason to hold a grunge against the girl. "Nice to see you here. I swear for people in the same house we never run into each other" She said laughing softly as she nervously ran her hand through her hair.

She thought that she would get away but her lucky time out. Lexi bit her lip when Caina greeted her, this is it. She turned around and put a smile on her face, "Hey... That's true." Lexi said, still smiling. She wish, she didn't bother going here, in her mind this is the first time she will be here because Lexi doesn't want any accidents.

"So, how have you been?..." She asked trailing off glancing in the black lake. "Me. I've been fine and lonely this past few weeks." That's because of Andrew. Lexi looked back at Caina and smiled her sweetest smile and you may think its fake.

((Sorry it took me so long to post))

Caina was taken off guard slightly by Lexi's comment. I've been fine and lonely this past few weeks The voice of the younger slytherin girl said. In a way Caina was curious as to why Lexi was lonely. Didn't she spend almost as much time with Andrew as Caina did. Didn't Lexi have other friends than Andrew as well? Caina wasn't sure but she was pretty confident about the fact. Pushing it out of mind she decided that for the moment it would be best not to comment on it.

"I've been good. Busy with lessons and such" She said rolling her eyes wondering how long it would take for the two of them to run out of things to talk about. Or would they completely come up with everything in the world to say. Either way, Caina didn't know which she would prefer. "I've been mostly keeping to myself though. Andrew seems busy lately as well with school and quidditch and all that good stuff" Caina said trailing off on the last part. Was she completely stupid for mentioning Andrew? No why would she be? it wasn't like Lexi and Andrew weren't on good terms or at least Caina didn't know if anything tragic or event changing happened between them.

Merlin, please just threw me at the black lake She desperately thought just to get away with Caina. Lexi was still smiling, "Yah, Lessons are breaking my brain actually. Been doing some lot of research." She said, chuckling nervously. Then again, it was just a fake alibi.

But seems destiny will not make the best of it when Caina mention Andrew, Her jaw became hard and her hand curled up into a fist. "Yah, I watched the first game with my friend Ally but they lost. Actually, i shouldn't watched that game, Andrew just made a deal with me, he is really stubborn and..." Lexi trailed off, she just noticed her blabber mouth had ejected again.

Lexi cleared her throat, "Sorry, I'm just a blabber mouth." You are so stupid, Ally had influence you now for being a blabber mouth and a fast talker at the same time. Her mind told her.

Caina had always felt like neither of them wanted to be there. Why was that? If Caina and Lexi would have met right from the start without being introduced through Andrew, than maybe they could have been friends. Truthfully Caina knew very little about Lexi other than the fact she was the quidditch cheerleader captain or something along those lines. Really when news was out that cheerleading try outs would be held, Caina jumped for joy. Yet when she heard Lexi was the captain, Caina wasn't sure how it would go if she made the team, if she made the team. Maybe the next time she would get the guts to try out. Really that was the least of her thoughts at this moment.

Once more twirling a strand of her hair with her pointer finger, Caina listened to Lexi talk. "Yeah I think I saw you at that game" Caina said absentmindedly. Though when Lexi said she made a deal with Andrew, surely Caina was confused. This showed as it flashed across her features for a brief moment.

"Oh don't worry I seem to find myself babbling quite often" Caina added with a small smile. A small pang of confusion hit Caina again as she relived the reaction Lexi had when Caina first mentioned Andrew. "What deal did you make with him?" She asked curiously.

Lexi smiled nervously again, now playing with the linings of her dress. Hope she didn't noticed the deal thing she thought still smiling, but Caina was a great listener. She had caught it, "The deal was just ordinary and... I lost that deal, so, i have to watch the game." Lexi told Caina. Lexi couldn't believe she is saying this, "But it doesn't matter now, where not in good terms anymore. I should say where not friends anymore." This made Lexi frowned a bit. Lexi doesn't see much Andrew this days and she's bother.

A hint of confusion once more crossed right through Caina's eyes. A deal. She had lost the deal. What deal had Lexi lost. And probably the most important question was why it mattered at all? Everything that Andrew did wasn't Caina's business. Maybe it was due to the jealous that she held in the direction of Lexi that made Caina want to know just about everything. However with the last comment Lexi made, Caina turned her blue eyes in that direction, the smile faded.

"Why aren't you friends anymore?" Caina asked before she thought out the question. "I mean it must have been some deal if it cost you two your friendship" She continued wishing that she could just shut up. Why did it matter? That Caina had no answer for, but she did know that it did matter. For this Caina was determined to figure it out. Hopefully Lexi would just tell her. She meant it couldn't be that big of a deal.

"Its nothing, just some revelation thingy that went wrong. Actually i made a wrong moved." Lexi sigh thinking that kiss was horrible. She could feel her cheeks are burning from embarrassment even though she still didn't told the kiss to Caina. "And its not about that stupid deal. Maybe you should just talked that about with Andrew." Lexi smiled and took a deep breath, this is a lot of conversation than i thought.

Caina almost felt bad for prying just a bit too much into Lexi's life. Mostly when she noted the girl's cheeks turn slightly red. Being directed towards Caina speaking to Andrew about it, Caina just smiled realizing that this was probably the comment just to drop the conversation. Though not without one more comment "You know Lexi" Caina said turning to the third year "We aren't exactly friends. I mean we could be but I guess neither of us made that jump. If you ever want to just talk or hang out, I'm fine with that. actually more than happy with that concept" She finished up knowing that she babbled slightly yet she knew it also needed to be said. Caina wasn't a girl with many friends and this young girl was always looking for some more. Never able to have too many friends.

Her graze feel towards the cliffs again not knowing what to add to her comment wondering how Lexi would take it. Would she just pass it off and say nothing, maybe she would even accept the gesture or reject it without a care. This Slytherin fourth year would just have to wait and see.

Lexi listened at Caina as the girl continue, "I know where not that close, but I'll accept that. I don't have much friends, you know what i mean." She smiled playfully and continue. "Maybe friends will be great." Lexi sigh and looked back at the castle. "I just have one question." She told Caina and looked back to her seriously. "Does Andrew talked to you about me?... I mean... MEAN stuffs?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back