Beauty and the Beast was a classic!

Damian Reyes

Damian sorted the books that were piling up the front desk. He was getting so many new students in the library and they were requesting the strangest things. Beauty and the beast, snow white and the seven dwarfs, and sleeping beauty? Growing up in Brazil half his life he's never read these book, or bother to notice them in the library when he first started working here. He was more into Tim Patterson and Dean Knootz even at a young age, these fairy tales were far from his interest when your a thirteen year old boy. Now at twenty five he was going through them, since so many of the students were muggelborn, the request on the list name these few fairy tales.

He pick up the tales of the princess and the frog and open the first page. Although it was very lightly busy here today, he would think no one would notice him reading a book perfectly aim for young witch girls. Just in case the clever man built a tower of books in front of him and began to read the story. Once comfortable, he was glue to the tale right away, finding it funny a muggel actually wrote this book an interest to attract ten year old girls.

Natalie Reyes loved her job at Hogwarts New Zealand, and she loved having Damien at the school. Not too long ago, he had taken a position at the school in order to be near her. The only thing that would have made this better would have been if her son and daughter were able to live at the school with the couple. Yet, they were not allow to, so Natalie and Damien had worked out a schedule for who would stay the night with the children. The house elf kept them a majority of the time during the day unless they were with Natalie's mother.

Natalie crept into the library, a place she had spent so much of her time when she had been a student back at Hogwarts Scotland. Being a Ravenclaw, prefect, and head girl, Nat had spent a large amount of time learning new things. Though, the brunette woman did remember a large amount of time that she spent snogging Damien in that same library. A smile crossed her beautiful face as Nat found Damien, buried under a pile of books at his desk, reading one with interest. "Hey baby," Natalie said, sneaking a kiss on his cheek. "What are you doing?" the young woman asked with interest.

Damian was caught off girl by her lovely voice. He drop the book at instant and urn around looking highly suspicious. "Natalia!" he hug his wife tightly and gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek in return. "What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be busy being a professor?" he poke at her nose. The librarian did not want his wife to see what he had been reading. Every so cleverly he closed the book with nonverbal magic. "Sorting out books as usual, and how are you m'dear?!" he spoke with Spaniard mix with a bit of Brazilian creole. For the time she know Damian, Damian accent never left his vocabulary. Despite the obstacles he went through trying to disguise a few times to fool her at home, she will always know that it was him.

Natalie smiled sweetly at her husband's familiar greeting. His accent thick in his voice as it always was. When they first met, Natalie had found his accent intriguing and adorable. The pair had been in the same house but it wasn't until third year that they got to be friends. "No, actually. It's too early in the term for me to have too much work." she said with a grin at her husband. Natalie hopped up on the desk and sat there. "I'm alright. But I was missing you." she said, placing a hand on his cheek. "Lucky me, I could change that." the brunette teased lightly, giving him a kiss. Looking around the desk, she didn't see an open book. "What was that that you were reading love?" Natalie asked.

"Well that's great! unfortunately for me I have a work load" he touched the stacks of book right next to her. When she sat on his desk, he chuckle she can be very promiscuous and she wasn't even trying. "Let me remind you woman, that we are not in the seventh year anymore" while saying this he lean into his amor and hugged her petite waist. He gave her a sweet kiss on the lips, than back away rather quickly when a few students walked on by. "I ah was ah reading something about Herbology plants I need to get for the backyard" he picked out a book from the side, he was bad at little white lies.

"Well I think you could use a break." Natalie told him slyly, in a voice he knew meant she wasn't going to take no for an answer. A smirk appeared on Natalie's face as she heard his remark about their seventh year. It brought back very fond, though maybe inappropriate, memories. "Damien, shhh...you don't want to give these kids any ideas." she said with a wink at her husband. They had gotten into trouble in library once or twice. "Oh really?" Natalie said disbelievingly as she heard his answer. He wasn't any good at lying. "Since when did you get into gardening?" she asked curiously.

"Ummmm, since yesterday" he moved the book to his face to cover his coy smile, she already knew. And here was the clue to knowing that she already knew he was lying. He moved away from Natalia, walking around his front desk. When she wasn't looking he hid away the book right on top of the highest pile there. "So mi amor, since were both free right now.." he look over the library, the light occupancy would do fine without his supervision around here for an hour. "We can do anything, or look at the books that came today I think your going to like what you see" second best thing in the world besides his family was books, so when he really did mean books he really meant them!

Natalie rolled her eyes at her silly husband. He knew that he had been caught but still didn't want to fess up. That was fine. Nat would let him have this little secret to himself. After Natalie had begun dating Damien, she had begun to learn Spanish since it was a language Damien used often. Now, she was fluent. Natalie raised her eyes at the suggestion of looking at new books. Both Damien and Natalie were bookworms. She knew he was not kidding about the books and it was a tempting idea. Her honey eyes looked suggestively at him before conceding to the more innocent idea that was running through her mind. "Books? You got new books?" Natalie asked, excitement growing. "C'mon. Show me those." she said, pleading with him. "You know I love a good book." she said with a grin.

"Yeah sure" he took his amor hand and guide her to he new book section of the library. He was enjoying teasing her with the books, cause he know well enough Natalia loved a good book just as much as he did. "Here we are!" he enter the section and threw his hands up in the air when he announced to loud, and cup his mouth. It's the irony he would should when he was the librarian here and he suppose to follow his own rules. "Muggels books but I love them, and I know they are meant for little witches but I think Layla would love them too!" he blushed, as he talk about fairy tales as if they were novels from the greatest writers in the world. Like stated, he could never keep a lie away from Natalia, but he gazed at her now ready for her to laugh about his secret new found love of muggel fairy tales. "Your not going to laugh at me, I hope not" he threaten playfully a step closer to her.

Natalie jumped off the desk, landing lightly on her feet. She followed her husband a little ways back into the library, ending up in recently added bookshelves. The young woman ran her hands along the shelves, seeing titles that were mostly unfamiliar to her. One, she did recognize. "Fairy tales?" she asked him, her honey brown eyes meeting his. "Layla would love these. We should start using them as her bedtime story." she mentioned as she picked up a book off the shelf. Natalie flipped through it, Cinderella, how interesting. Now she knew what Damien had been reading. She shook her head at him, a coy smile on her red lips. "So this is what you were reading." Natalie said as he stepped closer. The brunette wrapped her arms around her husband, hidden in the stacks of the library. "I would never laugh at you baby." she said with a slight smile.

Damian wrapped his arms around her waist as she threw herself around his neck. “Yes fairy tales, like the snow whit and the seven dwarfs or this one right here” he picked the oldest book out of shelf, in gothic writing read Beauty and the Best. He bit his lips smiling when she figured him out so easily at what he had been doing all this time. “Yes, I couldn’t help myself. They been getting a lot of request for these and I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about” he had one arm still wrapped around her petite waist the other shove the book right back to its place. “It reminded me of you loads” he poke her nose and embrace her lip with a kiss. When he first met Natalia he was not very good looking and his self-esteem was rock bottom. But with her friendship, he built some confidence in himself just to say hi to her, which ended rather awkward for him either way, almost jinxing her had been a big fail. “Oh those Hogwarts days…” he said blushing rather reddish in the face. He envelope her into his strong arms and lead her around the aisle of the library.

Natalie smiled at her husband, so pleased that she had found someone so perfect to marry. "Well I do like fairytales." she said, looking through the titles. She pulled out the one he had just placed back on the shelf. "I think I will borrow this one." she said, flicking her wand at the book to vanish it back up to her office. The brunette wrinkled her nose as Damien poked it. Nat smiled as her husband's lips brushed hers. The mention of Hogwarts days brought back wonderful memories. Natalie grinned as she remembered the first time Damien had asked her on a date. His face had turned red, and he had hardly been able to get the words out of his mouth. It had been rather adorable. Plus, Nat was already a close friend by that point. Damien was her first and only love. "Remember how anxious you were to ask me to the Yule Ball fifth year." she mused, laughing slightly. "You looked so cute. I never would have turned you down." she said grinning at him.

If his face wasn't bright already bright enough he could almost feel the blush reaching at his ears. "Ick don't remind me, mi amor, I was so goofy back than" he chuckle. He had wore glasses for a few years, because of some allergic reaction to a certain potion, his sight went a little blurry for a couple years to follow. It wasn't till his seventh year did he woke up one day with perfect eye sight again, really been a miracle recovery. "My favorite year was our last year, when you decided to marry me. I was so nervous that night" he squeeze her hand, looking back at Natalie. "Nervous because you probably thought it be to soon, but I'm glad you said yes" he peck her rosette cheek. She made him he happiest man in the world when she said yes to him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back