Beaumont Karhunlappi

Beaumont Karhunlappi

OOC First Name
Emma(pants)
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Full Name: Beaumont Rawiri Ollin-Jukka Karhunlappi
Beaumont means 'beautiful mountain.' Both his parents just loved the name.
Rawiri is Maori for David and means 'beloved.' All his siblings have a Maori name to represent their birth and life in New Zealand.
Ollin is Native American and means 'movement.' All his siblings have a Peruvian name to represent their mother's heritage.
Jukka is a Finnish version of John, basically meaning "God is good." Beau's parents are not religious, but just liked the sound of Jukka. All his siblings have a Finnish name to represent their father's heritage.
Karhunlappi is a Finnish surname. Karhu means bear and Lapp basically means someone from Lapland. So it kind of means bear from Lapland ((but don't quote me on that, I'm just guessing from my limited knowledge of Finnish.))
Most people just call him Beau, although the majority of his friends spell it "Bo" (11 year-olds these days, what are you going to do?)

Date of Birth: 24 August, 2012.

Current Age: Just turned 11 (assuming Y8 has started)

Basic Appearance: Beau is neither thin nor heavy-set, although he is more solid that skin-and-bone, and has a bit of puppy fat. He has deep liquid brown eyes, light olive skin and dark hair that he usually spikes or gels. He has an easy smile with one dimple on his left cheek.

Personality: Beau is protective of those he loves, especially his two younger sisters. Other than that, he is over-confident (sometimes to the point of stupidity), friendly, smart but lazy (when it comes to applying himself), and energetic (physically).

Family: Beau's father, Jussi-Matti Karhunlappi (his friends call him Matty), is a muggle and a general practitioner (doctor).
Beau's mother, Xochiquetzal Karhunlappi (nee Dominguez) (her friends call her Kit), is a squib from a mostly pure-blood line, and an anaesthetist.
Beau has five siblings:
Firenze (Will) Wiremu Toltecatl Pekka Karhunlappi; 17; muggle in high school.
Amelie Aroha Tlalli-Tuuli Karhunlappi; 15; muggle in high school.
Oscar Rongo Tochtli-Ilkka Karhunlappi; 13; muggle in high school.
-Beau-
Joli Tautoru Ihuicatl Sini Karhunlappi; 8; witch in muggle primary school.
Thessaly (Tess) Hine-I-Hana Atl-Rauha; 6; witch in muggle primary school. Has Downs Syndrome.

Pets:Family dog, female collie called Kuri (the Maori word for dog).
When his mother drops him at the NZ Express to go to Hogwarts, she buys him a morepork (a native NZ owl) called Ruru, (the Maori word for morepork) and two Puffskeins, one gold and one black, (Hufflepuff colours) called Koura (the Maori word for gold) and Pango (the Maori word for black).

Area of Residence: Broad Bay, Dunedin, New Zealand.

Blood Status: Half blood

Heritage: Mostly Finnish and Peruvian. There's a little Russian, Spanish and Saami in there, too. He was born and raised in New Zealand, though.

Interests or Hobbies: Beau loves skating (skateboard). He also likes to read comic books, play sports, generally go exploring, and hang out with his mates. He loves TV and will watch anything that's on.

Additional Skills: He's really smart in that he picks things up really quickly. However, he can't read very well.

Strengths: Beau is confident, friendly, smart, loyal and will become athletic when he grows out of his awkward early-teen clumsiness.

Weaknesses: He is lazy, doesn't think things through clearly, has a disregard for rules and authority and can be annoyingly over-protective.

Favourite place to be: at the skate park with his friends or watching TV with his little sisters.

Friends: None at HNZ yet.

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions: To make friends and learn some tricks to make life easier.

Best school subjects: Doesn't know about Hogwarts yet, but at muggle school he was good at nearly everything except...

Worst school subjects: English and other subjects that require a lot of reading.

Extracurricular Activities: Skating, watching TV.

Graduation: 2030

Plans for your future:Beau secretly wants to be a pilot but has never told anyone.

Your Patronus: unknown

Your Patronus memory: When Tess spoke her first word: Beau.

Your Boggart: Tess and Joli in trouble and himself unable to protect them.

Your Animagus: unknown

Mirror of Erised: Himself in pilot's uniform with his Joli and Tess beside him.

A page from your diary:

2 much homeworke, Mum wudnt let me go to the sk8park with Ace. That sux.
Tess is in hospitle again. Gonna viset her 2nyt. Takin her colering book so she can draw when were at scool.
Im gonna trye out for cricket this wkend.

Please ask questions, or I will eat your brains. :p Cheers, Emma

So okay, right now i only have one for lack of creativity I might come back later.

1. Has Beau always cared so much for his little siblings, did he ever get jealous of them?

2. Was he sad to leave his hometown? Why or why not?

3. Was he happy when he got his letter, did he think it was a prank, or what?

So I totally lied, i came up with more. Answer them in or out of character, i don't mind.

YAY! Questions! :p Thanks heaps! (And it's a good thing you came up with more, cos asking only one is against the rules - see pinned topics)

1. Has Beau always cared so much for his little siblings, did he ever get jealous of them?
Beau is the fourth child of six. Before Joli came along, he was used to being the one that got picked on (even though his siblings all care for each other, there's always gonna be teasing). He was the gullible one who believed everything his older brothers and sister told him, and got laughed at for being cute when he thought he was being a big tough boy. So when Joli was born, he made it his mission to protect her from the older siblings. When she started kindergarten, she was picked on for having glasses and that just made him even more protective. He's jealous that she's so smart, but he's too lazy to study and get good grades himself, even though he's capable of it. They're still siblings and they still argue, though. Thessaly (Tess) was born with Downs Syndrome and a dysfunctional lung, and so Beau decided she would be his charge too. He always makes sure she has what she needs when she's in hospital for her lungs. He's the one who explains things to her when she doesn't understand why things are happening, and who makes her feel better when Joli gets annoyed with her.

2. Was he sad to leave his hometown? Why or why not?
Other than leaving the girls behind, he views it as a big adventure and plans to make the most out of it. He only started a new school at the beginning of the year, so didn't have many close friends, and anyway makes friends easily so it's not too much of a bother for him.

3. Was he happy when he got his letter, did he think it was a prank, or what?

His mother is a squib from a long line of witches and wizards, so when strange things started happening, like being able to push over his oldest brother (who's 6 years older) or the cookie jar falling off the table when he got upset about not being able to reach it, she recognised it as magic and expected a letter, although she never talked to about it other than to say "it's okay, I'm a squib. You'll know what that means one day." She didn't know there was a magic school in NZ, so she was surprised when it came, but she explained a lot to him then, although it was a bit of a rush, just one week before Hogwarts was due to begin.
Beau himself was pretty happy about the letter. At first he thought it was a prank from one of his brothers, and just put it aside. When the muggle liaison officer visited, though, he showed it to his mother and she explained. Nothing really fazes him, and he was just stoked to have a skill his older brothers didn't have.

Thanks! :)

More questions still welcome... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back