Jason Mcleod

Happy | Hit Wizard | Family-Orientated
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Jason was feeling a little weird that twins were just about to leave to Hogwarts and now he would have only Theo around, who wasn't so small anymore as well. And while the kids were with Nik or Rebeca, Jason had decided to go for a walk at the beach a little more far away from home. Just so it could be a little quieter, he missed that feeling, even if neither of his kids were ever really loud. He also was just overwhelmed with his work, family and the loss of brother. He never even got the chance to grief about him but he wasn't planning to do now as well. He was just taking a walk, considering whether he wanted or not to go in for a little swinm. He knew that it was winter but it was also good for his health.

@Emily Madison

Emily didn't know how she had gone seven years at Hogwarts without being able to go to the beach. There was nothing like it; the smell of the sea, the feeling of sand between her toes. This time of year wasn't as pleasant as she would have liked, but she loved it all the same. Lifeguarding in winter was a lot of standing around doing nothing, giving her time to just enjoy the surroundings and get lost in her thoughts. Something she had a lot of, these days. It was still sinking in that Charlie had gotten married without telling the rest of the family. Charlie was happy for them of course, and knew this was how Charlie would have wanted things to be, but being left out of such an important part of her sibling's life stung a little. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a man walking along the beach and Emily perked up, giving him a little wave, making sure he knew there was someone on duty and he was safe.

Jason noticed that a woman gave a little wave to him and as much as he was willing to be alone, he was tempted to got and start a little chat. She was probably feeling a little lonely during winter on the beach and still working. "Hey there! A lot of work?" he chuckled a little, hoping that she would be easy-going.

Emily was pleasantly surprised when the man approached, giving him a bright smile. "Not much, this time of year." She said cheerfully, eyes flicking to the water. She didn't think she would ever get used to how cold the ocean in New Zealand was - the first time she had seen an iceberg going past with her own eyes had chilled her to the bone. A beach was still a beach though, and she cherished the time she got to spend there. "If you're looking to do a polar dip I'm here to keep an eye."

Jason chuckled a little at her answer. "Well, it quite looks like that," he smiled as he looked around to see no one. "Do people really do that here? No, I'd prefer to have a cold bath. But may I ask for your company? There's no people and I'm bored alone. You're a life saver, it's quite a big deal for me not to go insane by my own self, so save me from loneliness?" He joked a little, smiling at her brightly. He really wanted some company of adults instead of kids.

Emily chuckled lightly at the man's response, giving a small shrug. "I don't get it either, but some people find it refreshing." She would surf any time of year without question, but the cold water of Aotearoa wouldn't be her first choice. Her smile brightened at the man's offer, glancing around quickly. He was right, there wasn't anyone else around, and as long as she stayed in her designated area she would be fine. "I'd be happy to." She said cheerfully, a little thrill running through her at the joy of being flirted with. "I'm Emily."

Jason chuckled. "Well, everyone has their flaws," it was more of a little unserious comment. He really didn't mean anything at all. And while waiting for the answer about the walk, Jason took a better look at the girl and honestly, she was attractive. Blonde, brown eyes, sporty. Jason was absolutely attracted to her and even more, she was social and easy-going. "You're beautiful, Emily," he finally said and immediately changed the topic. "I'm Jason," he said his name in answer. "So, you work here? Is this your common beach or do you change them?"

Emily giggled at his comment, nodding in agreement. The idea of enjoying freezing cold water was something she couldn't imagine. She was caught entirely off guard by the man's next comment, giving a nervous laugh in disbelief. She knew she was beautiful, but it wasn't something she was used to hearing in her unflattering lifeguard uniform. He changed the subject too quickly for her to respond, but the flush in her cheeks and flustered edge to her voice betrayed her happiness. "I work a few beaches, yeah. The change of pace is nice, swimming beaches and surf beaches are totally different jobs." She explained, the word 'beautiful' still circling in her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back