Be My Mannequin

Artemis Tuuri

Artemis pulled a pin from the corner of her mouth and slid it neatly into the pink vinyl sleeve she was currently working on. There weren't too many people about in the Student Lounge that day, so she'd spread her material and sewing kit all over one corner of the room and set up her new project - the designer jacket. She'd long since grown out of the cupie doll dresses her sisters used to dress her in and her design skills had well surpassed the need for dolly patterns. Simon's eyes had nearly bugged out of his head when she came down to Saturday's breakfast wearing white shorts and and a little blue tank top. It was so ... so normal! Where had all the puff sleeves and ribbons gone? Well, Art thought his hardly appropriate that a prefect should be wearing Barbie's clothes and had opted for a more traditional muggle look. No matter how prejudice one could be, you had to admit that muggles had the most smashing fashion sense. Luckily the majority of modern witches and wizards had adopted that particular trend. There was only so much one could do with a robe. Most of her studies were falling further and further behind; the more they did, the deeper Artemis delved into her designs and creations. There wasn't much magic left in the world for her since he'd gone. Art pinned the hem up with more force than was necessary.

Despite her passion for the material, Art did not wear pink and black leather. This particular jacket was obviously thrice her size anyway, and despite the colour it was distinctly ... male. Three weeks and two all-nighters later, the jacket was finally ready to put together. There was only one problem. She couldn't do her traditional 'take your size and quadruple it' trick, since it only worked for female items. This couldn't remain a surprise for much longer since she needed the boy himself as a model. Hopping off the pile of ten books she'd been standing on, Art skipped over to the entrance arch and peeked out. The first place to look would be ... "Damian!" cried Artemis happily. Why, he was passing by that very second! She didn't wait for him to turn around, but dragged the unsuspecting Gryffindor into the lounge and shuffled him over to the quietly revolving jacket. "Damian, Damian, look!" said Art. The jacket was pinned neatly together but obviously not sewn, yet the details of the baby pink, motocross style jacket was plain to see. "Surprise!". Ooh, she couldn't wait to put it on him.

Damian was walking by the corridor heading toward the common room. His tongue flicked out to lick the icing off of the cupcake that he was currently chowing down on. The green icing dotted his lip, and it was just a swell treat that he and Alyssa had made. They were the best cupcakes in the world! But then, his name was shouted by a pipsqueak, and he allowed himself to be dragged to the student lounge. His teal eyes was locked on this revolving pink jacket. It was gorgeous, and Damian loved it! But there was no stitches! It was in pieces! Damian cocked his head and he pointed out, "Um, Artemis, that jacket is without stitches! Did someone play a mean trick while you fetched me? Oh my god, it is because I am a Glammie. Everyone is out to get me!" Damian was not aware that the jacket was going to be put together.

OOC: Gah, muse sucks today

Realising that she was still swinging from his arm, Artemis released Damian and giggled softly as he pointed out that there were no stitches in the jacket. She was about to explain when something he mentioned caught her attention. "Glammy? 'Ye mean th' Glam Squad?" exclaimed Art curiously, scratching the corner of her lip as she looked at him. Artemis knew more members of the Goth squad than she did the Glam's, being familiar with Eden, Larissa and Adira. She struggled to remember who was a member of the Glam squad. There was Isabella Chaos ... but she'd not seen her around for a bit. Alyssa Snow, then ... then .... Art was at a loss to remember the rest. Yet even she knew that there were (or had been) no boys in either of the so-called 'squad's. Damian was quite feminine, but he was most certainly male and it was glaringly obvious now that she'd gotten used to the fact. Perhaps the Glam Squad was 'open', per say, to anyone with a fashion frenzy. It made her wonder just what they might make of she, whose clothes now made Shalamar gasp with delight. They were small, but they rocked. "Ah, nay nay nay," said Art hurriedly as she pulled her mind back on track. "This is a piece I've been makin', mate. Therefore it's only 'alf done, which 'tis why it isn't whole yet. A good thing too, since I've yet to fit it properly ... fer you!".

With this, Artemis stepped onto a large heavy-bound book and gave it a Wingardium Leviosa so that it would lift her to a better fitting height. She was so light that her own magic had no trouble guiding her to the jacket, which she promptly threw over Damian's shoulders. "Ye see? I've been making a nice piece 'o clothing for all of me friends, and I thought this wunnid' suit 'ye best. How d'ye like vinyl?" she asked with a hopeful gleam in her eye. Damian had not yet mentioned whether or not he liked it and she worried that it might not be to his taste, despite his love for pink. As she worried, she neatened the collar for him fondly and smiled. "Yer a silly, too. No one is out tae get 'ye for being in the Glam Squad, for that's what 'ye are, innit? It's a fine thing tae be in a group." said Artemis, slightly sadly.

Damian nodded, and he exclaimed, "Yea, I am apart of them now! They have a love for fashion and shopping like me! And they are all pleasant and not evil snakes!" Damian was so happy to be apart of something so amazing. He adored it. Being around girls like him it was just all a dream. Damian was overjoyed to be honest. He wanted nothing more but to stay around them and shop until they die. That would be an awesome way to die really. Not to mention that he was the first boy in the Glam Squad. It was awesome. Damian felt to unique and felt great to be apart of something so magical. Damian never thought a day like that or something like that would happen to someone like him. Maybe it was good to be half human. Damian listened to Artemis, and though her accent always threw him off, he heard what she said just fine.

"Like, oh my merlin's beard! For me? Aww, you are so sweet! And awesome!" Damian did his best to be a model for her. And the jacket matched his style perfectly. "Oh I love vinyl. It is the best! I can't wait to show it off when it is finished!" Damian couldn't wait to wear it. Oh he would wear this jacket like three times a week! Damian caught onto her sadness, and he coaxed, "Oh you will be part of a group too! A group of friends, you know. That is all you will ever need." Thought that was a bit different while you are in the Glam Squad. People looked at you, talked about you - good and bad. But that was the price to pay. Damian didn't care, not in the least bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back